Anyone else noticing a massive number of bots in WvW recently?

in WvW

Posted by: Revenant.2691

Revenant.2691

I’m on Emhry, and was playing our BL last night. I swear there were at least ten bots on our side, about 5 in the citadel and another 5 just hanging out north of Dreaming Bay. Just standing there swinging swords over and over. Me and about a dozen other guys all reported them, but they kept at it for hours. The only logical reason I can think of for this is to fill our pop with useless bodies that won’t get AFK-kicked, because I can tell you we were having some manpower problems despite us only fighting Maguuma at that time, Tarnished was barely there at all.

This is a serious problem, because our BL had a queue going, so that’s 10 players we don’t have, which can make a lot of difference. That’s also only the ones I saw and reported, heard there were a few more hiding in little nooks and crannies in the citadel. So we spent most of the time fighting 40-man zergs with 15 or less and despite some heroic effort we ended up getting stomped flat. Now, if that was due to our own incompetence or bad strategy or even just 6 guys ponying up the cash for siege golems to blitzkrieg our keep, I’d be fine with that. But a big part of it was a group of people deliberately, maliciously exploiting the game to reduce the number of players we could bring to the field. I don’t even want to play WvW right now because of this, and I think it’s the most fun part of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: gloombot.3519

gloombot.3519

Honestly we’re experiencing the same problem on Maguuma, FWIW.

Doom Bot – One Man Riot [iRez] – Maguuma – Guardian

in WvW

Revenant.2691

Not complaining about Maguuma or saying we would have had it in the bag if not for the bots. You guys were playing very well, dropping a lot of siege, and not letting our supply camps rest for a second, and overall I’m having a lot more fun fighting you guys than when we were holding 95% of the map most of the time against Borlis and Fergs. Just saying we’ll never know because we had 10+ guys in the citadel swinging swords around to bypass the AFK kick, when we could have had 10 guys defending DB. Problem affects all of us and the amount of fun we’re having, just talking about this incident because it’s one I experienced personally.

Side note, when you guys speed-built that treb on DB’s outer wall and started hitting the inner keep I had a definite Guild Wars moment. Remember just thinking “Ohhhh, SON!” the second that first treb shot hit.

in WvW

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

Tarnished Coaster here. You E-bay guys have a rather large population of Bots indeed. I noticed that spot north of Dreaming Bay a few days ago and found at least twelve bots all gathered by the cliffside where the Minotaurs roam about. All they were doing was smacking air until something came into range, so I carefully killed them off while reporting each one.

Frankly you can’t go anywhere without seeing bots roaming areas and farming creeps. Or the ‘air fighters’ that you describe. I’ve seen it from all servers. And honestly the amount I found that day could have capped Supply Depots or added a sizable number to your main zerg. If I find them I report them + kill them if they are from the other two servers (though sometimes I get chased off by their ‘team’). The twelve bots I killed would have shown up on the map as a pile of dead friendlies. Pretty sure someone came and rezzed them eventually :/

in WvW

Revenant.2691

Yes, we were deliberately letting them get killed but some good Samaritan would inevitably come along and rezz them so they could keep smacking air again >.<

While I’m not exactly glad that it’s happening on your servers as well, it has to suck for you guys as much as for us, at least it’s a problem we’re all experiencing and therefore, hopefully, more likely to get noticed quickly.

Have you guys actually noticed any of these bots being banned, or do the same ones keep showing up every day? I for one have reported one botter in Orr for 3 days straight now, and plenty of others have reported him as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

I didn’t see the Dreaming Bay bunch the last time I passed that area.

in WvW

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

I encountered at least 10 bots in the NW corner (where the skillpoint is) in our zone, I reported them.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Same problems on Sea Of Sorrows. When I portal into a borderland sometimes I see 10-15 ppl just sitting afk at our base for hours on end.

in WvW

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

The bots are mostly found at the skitt area in borderlands. Its double bonus there due to the events.

in WvW

Posted by: Temper.7265

Temper.7265

GW2 is infested with bots.PvE,WvW

I also hear that a fully functional PvP bot is almost ready for use,sad days for non botters.

Time to employ or take in volenteer server GMs for daily and merciless perma bans.

monthly mass banning isn’t a deterent.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfus.4531

Wolfus.4531

Its pretty much a problem on most servers, CD has had 25-30 man groups of ppl just /dance in main BL keep for hours on end. There really needs to be a way to get rid of them.

in WvW

Revenant.2691

Maybe add in a mechanic to auto-kick someone who stays in the same area for too long? Problem with that is it might drop people defending keeps/towers/etc. Maybe make it so if you spend too much time in one area without doing damage to an enemy player, you get kicked? I don’t know.

I do think they realized this would be something of problem because the AFK kick is so much shorter in WvW than PvE, but I don’t think they understood how rampant this kind of thing would become.

in WvW

Posted by: Dimok.6187

Dimok.6187

Had a few gold site spammers in eb this morning.

in WvW

Posted by: Warheart.8143

Warheart.8143

You tools making these threads every 10 minutes in every subsection are just promoting bot use..Now some people are going to be searching the interwebs for a bot they prolly would have never known about or thought they would even have this early in teh game…Report to GM and stop making these threads if you care about botters…Not like 200 threads a day is going to change the fact there will be botters in all games that virtual currency exists..

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfus.4531

Wolfus.4531

@warheart

First remove stick from rear, secondly what does standing around in an area doing nothing have anything to do with botting. The bot part in the OP is incorrect the rest of us are talking about afkers. Do you think you raging on this thread is going to stop people from posting about it? Be constructive or gtfo

in WvW

Revenant.2691

Wolf, the main problem is them being AFK, yes, but the botting is being used to bypass the AFK autokick. If you’re just standing there, you get kicked, but since they’re constantly using skills, even if they’re not doing anything, they aren’t counted as AFK and can sit in your spawn all day long eating up your queue slots.

in WvW

Posted by: Temper.7265

Temper.7265

You tools making these threads every 10 minutes in every subsection are just promoting bot use..Now some people are going to be searching the interwebs for a bot they prolly would have never known about or thought they would even have this early in teh game…Report to GM and stop making these threads if you care about botters…Not like 200 threads a day is going to change the fact there will be botters in all games that virtual currency exists..

Sanbox is over that way —-→ try not to get sand in your eyes,when you pull your head out please.

rofl…report to what GM ? umad bout sum bro !? U got a bot workin for ya ?

Live and active GM prescence needed please Anet.