Applied Fortitude and Strength to be removed

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upgrading-world-vs-world-upgrades/

Due to granting the powerful Applied Fortitude and Applied Strength effects, the Defense Against Guards and Guard Killer lines needed to be extremely expensive, but that meant players often felt obligated to spend their first 230 points on these lines before they could begin branching out into other ability lines. Also, those two lines—along with the Siege Might, Siege Bunker, and Mercenary’s Bane lines that simply granted single percentage increases per ability rank—felt very weak. This drove our decision to shorten the Guard Killer and Defense Against Guards lines to five, removing Applied Strength and Applied Fortitude.

Enjoy it while it lasts folks…

Edit.. LOL, didn’t mean to post as a question. :-D

(edited by Hexalot.8194)

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

wow finally we got WvW changes Nerfs.

And the passive Tower/Camp upgrades just wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

That’s interesting. The German version of the news states that Guard Killer and Defense Against Guards are going to be base effects once the player reaches wvw-rank 100 and 200.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

First, we wanted to reduce the costs of ability lines to make them feel more attainable, even to the majority of WvW players with a world ranking under 300

Glad to see they’re catering to the casual player base again, because ranks are too hard to get, apparently.

in WvW

Posted by: lightson.2310

lightson.2310

This is a stupid idea…

It’s not like they could have just reduced the amount of points to spend in that line if they felt the first 230 points was a lot…

Sven – Ele
[Re][Crng][vE]
https://www.youtube.com/c/SvenGw2

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

No one will really miss applied strength (100 power isn’t a game changer), but losing applied fortitude is a BIG hit to all the glass builds out there. :-(

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

This is a stupid idea…

It’s not like they could have just reduced the amount of points to spend in that line if they felt the first 230 points was a lot…

Yet Yakslapper is reasonable.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

That’s interesting. The German version of the news states that Guard Killer and Defense Against Guards are going to be base effects once the player reaches wvw-rank 100 and 200.

Oh? I hope this is true, to bad I can’t read german.

This is a stupid idea…

I lol’ed

in WvW

Posted by: lightson.2310

lightson.2310

This is a stupid idea…

Only 998.9k Dollies to go!!!

Sven – Ele
[Re][Crng][vE]
https://www.youtube.com/c/SvenGw2

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I’m so glad that they fixed this instead of WvW achievements. /sigh

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

so as ele i’m gonna lose 125 vit from trait loss, (running 4 in water atm) and losing 225 power. losing another 100 power from removal of applied strength and 250 vit from applied fortitude. gonna need to compensate the loss of vitality by adding extra vitality on my armor so gonna lose another 375 offensive stats, so in the end: -325 power-475 offensive stats.

Yes lets make evry1 hit like a wed noodle, WVW is way to hard!. luckily we don’t have to bother anymore with sieging up/supplies anymore either, it’s so hard to apply tactics in wvw you know!

It looks like Anet is trying evrything to get rid of gw2 and start playing black desert when they do the western release…..

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

(edited by the krytan assassin.9235)

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

like u havent notice WvW is for pvers? just like eotm. Good news is Blade & Soul is coming out this winter.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

What a stupid change. A big part of what makes WvW fun is coming up with new builds and min maxing them to make them effective. Removing stats from traits and WvW buffs is just dumbing down the game even more. Not all of us enjoy the restrictions imposed by PvP amulets.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: UnknownRH.4592

UnknownRH.4592

Lol when they added it people complained and when they removed it people complain. Internet being internet.

Centurion in Balkan legion (SFRJ)
Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Remove stuff seems to be their way to improve the game.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Jarrix.8234

Jarrix.8234

Seems like they’re trying to kick the ‘for fights’ crowd out of the game.

Kayku
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

the krytan assassin.9235

it’s not about wether the update was good or not in the beginning, when you change stats etc Anet rebalances around it. they lowered might damage, they reduced crit dmge etc. Now after 1 yr they suddenly say okey lets remove it, but this changes the meta alot. for example applied fortitude is mandatory for ele to survive in his current build state, this means that they will have to gear more tanky now. necro’s however don’t suffer the same problem because they got a 33k hp healthpool.
Also all wvw players have been working hard to get those ranks, it’s like getting your legendary as a pve scrub. now in 1 single page they just say that they don’t give a kitten about the effort people have put into it to max their rank and reduced the needed points by like 65%.
Apart from the question wether it’s good or bad to remove wvw ability points or not the way they deal with it is just rude, also they’re not even broadcasting it to explain their decisionmaking or whatsoever since apparently we weren’t worth a broadcast or Anet simply knew how the wvw community would react on this update and wanted to dodge the raging community.
Don’t know what the reasons were of anet community, but i know that i’ve never seen a dev team being able to ruin an awesome game like gw2 so hard.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Laughing so hard. I honestly can’t believe they are going to such lengths to fix something that’s not even remotely broken, while wvw achievements remain the laughing stock of the mmo world.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

They just made that line extremely pointless. And if you have zero interest in siege and just interested in fights, ranks are pointless.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

oh btw suckers you remember how we talked about one kitten map for months? We wont repeat it so here is some tidbit and we hope you will finally kitten up and stop bothering us with wvw which nobody care of.
You wanted longer post? Kitten up.

That is written between lines.

in WvW

Posted by: Archon.6481

Archon.6481

so as ele i’m gonna lose 125 vit from trait loss, (running 4 in water atm) and losing 225 power. losing another 100 power from removal of applied strength and 250 vit from applied fortitude. gonna need to compensate the loss of vitality by adding extra vitality on my armor so gonna lose another 375 offensive stats, so in the end: -325 power-475 offensive stats.

Yes lets make evry1 hit like a wed noodle, WVW is way to hard!. luckily we don’t have to bother anymore with sieging up/supplies anymore either, it’s so hard to apply tactics in wvw you know!

It looks like Anet is trying evrything to get rid of gw2 and start playing black desert when they do the western release…..

Anet has already said that stat points lost from traits will be made up for increased base stats and increased stats on armor.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Anet has already said that stat points lost from traits will be made up for increased base stats and increased stats on armor.

Eventually they’ll move to the same stupid amulet system used in PvP so min maxing will be completely dead… yay!

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

Yay let’s do something for the veteran player base again .. oh wait

in WvW

Posted by: Archon.6481

Archon.6481

Eventually they’ll move to the same stupid amulet system used in PvP so min maxing will be completely dead… yay!

IMO: A better solution would be to make guards stacks obtainable on each line with 1 point rather than remove it completely.

But I don’t see how removing it will reduce min maxing.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Lol when they added it people complained and when they removed it people complain. Internet being internet.

Definitely this.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Terrible changes. Making everything more casual is Anets answer to WvW problems?
Most WvW players already have over 1000 points with nothing to spend it on, now it will be even worse.

For some reason Anet always finds ways to make WvW more boring. Siege disablers, supply draining cows, arrow cart buffs, field of view buff, stability nerf (I hate pirate ship meta) and now this.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Yeah, that would be a game killer, no just no. The point of WvW and allowing a mix/match, equipment, food buffs and and what will sooner no longer be WvW traits is the ability for randomness in builds that make each encounter unknown. I PvP as well and its fine there, but would never want to see that style applied to WvW.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

the krytan assassin.9235

yep, by making all base stats 1000, so people who don’t go full brainless cele will get less power etc.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

From the German news blog (www.wartower.de):
„Angewandte Tapferkeit“ und „Angewandte Stärke“ werden nun zu Basis-Effekten für Spieler ab einem bestimmten Weltrang.

In English:
“Applied Fortitude” and “Applied Strength” will become base effects for players, that have reached a certain World Rank.

EDIT:
Not sure how much one can rely on such information. Maybe the effect will only be applied to German servers^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I admit I went against the grain and didn’t get these until after rank 600 choosing to run up other traits first that fit my playstyle at the time. That said I was fine with others having the extra stat points over me if I did. That was the point. I choose to do it that way. There should be a point to WvW trait that costs significantly more than others. This isn’t PvP, everyone isn’t on a level playing field, that’s the point of progression in WvW. Fight, grow stronger. The more you remove the sooner people feel that they did all they can do in that game mode and move on to the next game/challenge. Please bear this in mind as additional changes are planned.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

From the German news blog (www.wartower.de):
„Angewandte Tapferkeit“ und „Angewandte Stärke“ werden nun zu Basis-Effekten für Spieler ab einem bestimmten Weltrang.

In English:
“Applied Fortitude” and “Applied Strength” will become base effects for players, that have reached a certain World Rank.

EDIT:
Not sure how much one can rely on such information. Maybe the effect will only be applied to German servers^^

error in localisation
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/36qzdj/upgrading_world_vs_world_upgrades/crgccbp

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: annieoakley.8165

annieoakley.8165

This makes me sad – As a consistent and dedicated WvW’r, I felt a certain amount of satisfaction honing my skills, creating builds for my various toons and earning enough points to reach my Gold ranking, and with that the advantages I received spending all the points. Now Anet wants to make it easy for everyone and ignore their dedicated, long-time players? This is how you kill a game.

I do applaud making upgrades free from gold/coin. That’s about the only thing that they’re doing right in this instance.

BLAH!

[BEEP] Explicit
Man has will, but Woman has her way – Oliver Wendell Holmes

in WvW

Posted by: Murksler.5261

Murksler.5261

I think it’s time to delete WvW finally.
Don’t know why Anet is doing everytime the complete opposite what the main WvW players wants.
Instead of fixing something, they deleted it, something is interesting and nice to have, Anet is deleting it. Players don’t want PvE in WvW, what is Anet doing? Put more PvE into WvW.

If this continue I think we will for the addon a little bit more players in WvW because of the hype, but after the hype is gone, there will be less and less players in WvW and it will be dead finally.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

You have to be honest, these kind of stat increases made the playing field unfair; if everyone didn’t have the additional vitality, for example.

On the other hand it gave me some more flexibility from my builds, and it’s probably the most used WvW ability out of the lot, it sounds like alot of abilities aren’t going to be that important anymore.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Really guard buffs removed? why not just make everything based off of amulet just like the stale pvp mode? WvW is great because it allows for character customization including stats.

thanks for killing off options? now why dont u take a look at somethings more important? like wvw rewards? acheivemnts with absurd requirements? hackers? zerging? server tiers? transfer costs? or did it miss the spot on the menu?
no seriously focus on something that matters

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Murksler.5261

Murksler.5261

You have to be honest, these kind of stat increases made the playing field unfair; if everyone didn’t have the additional vitality for example.

On the other hand it gave me some more flexibility from my builds, and it’s probably the most used WvW ability out of the lot, it sounds like alot of abilities aren’t going to be that important anymore.

Everytime we ask Anet to balance WvW they say they can’t and they won’t do it because it should be unbalanced. And now out of the blue they delete some stats boni because it’s unfair?
Come on then they also have to remove the ruine buff, bufffood and so on.

in WvW

TyPin.9860

You have to be honest, these kind of stat increases made the playing field unfair; if everyone didn’t have the additional vitality for example.

Everytime we ask Anet to balance WvW they say they can’t and they won’t do it because it should be unbalanced. And now out of the blue they delete some stats boni because it’s unfair?
Come on then they also have to remove the ruine buff, bufffood and so on.

Read the blog post again. The reasoning for it to be removed wasn’t balancing between players/server, to which the statement of WvW being unbalanced refers to.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Due to granting the powerful Applied Fortitude and Applied Strength effects, the Defense Against Guards and Guard Killer lines needed to be extremely expensive, but that meant players often felt obligated to spend their first 230 points on these lines before they could begin branching out into other ability lines. Also, those two lines—along with the Siege Might, Siege Bunker, and Mercenary’s Bane lines that simply granted single percentage increases per ability rank—felt very weak. This drove our decision to shorten the Guard Killer and Defense Against Guards lines to five, removing Applied Strength and Applied Fortitude.

Bleh, another “noob-firendly” patch. All veterans should have grabbed everything useful already.. Losing that 100 power and 250 vit is going to hurt so much as a zerker class They really want those worthless newbies who almost never play wvw to be happy huh. They should be rank 500+ already at this point.

in WvW

Toxsa.2701

First, we wanted to reduce the costs of ability lines to make them feel more attainable, even to the majority of WvW players with a world ranking under 300

Glad to see they’re catering to the casual player base again, because ranks are too hard to get, apparently.

I lol at this… You probably don’t play more than 30 minutes per day right? To say the rank is hard to get… Maybe GW2 players are abit “too casual” that they can’t stand for any effort? According to Anet, “majority of players are under rank 300”. Umm… do they really play, like at all? It seems like they don’t like to play that game-mode at all.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in WvW

TyPin.9860

Bleh, another “noob-firendly” patch. All veterans should have grabbed everything useful already.. Losing that 100 power and 250 vit is going to hurt so much as a zerker class They really want those worthless newbies who almost never play wvw to be happy huh. They should be rank 500+ already at this point.

Exactly this kind of elitist entitlement approach is the thing that hurts WvW more than anything ANet can do.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

I lol at this… You probably don’t play more than 30 minutes per day right? To say the rank is hard to get… Maybe GW2 players are abit “too casual” that they can’t stand for any effort?

I know sarcasm doesn’t always translate that well on the internet, but c’mon…

in WvW

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

Really guard buffs removed? why not just make everything based off of amulet just like the stale pvp mode? WvW is great because it allows for character customization including stats.

thanks for killing off options? now why dont u take a look at somethings more important? like wvw rewards? acheivemnts with absurd requirements? hackers? zerging? server tiers? transfer costs? or did it miss the spot on the menu?
no seriously focus on something that matters

Now, now. Anet is adding options. Every change they make always adds options.

I’ll let the nonexistent Anet employee who will not be responding to any of these threads explain what options have actually been added. But rest assured, Anet never takes options away.

Never, ever.

Also, check reddit. Apparently that’s where you go these days to see official Anet responses from the devs. No time to slum it up with us on the official forums.

in WvW

Toxsa.2701

Exactly this kind of elitist entitlement approach is the thing that hurts WvW more than anything ANet can do.

After Account Bound Wxp, there’re really no more excuse for lack of rank points.
Seriously, the only possibility for lack of rank points is that you never play WvW at all…

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

RIP the already small sense of progression in wvw.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

This is a stupid idea…

Attachments:

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Honestly, I think this is a good change, and I have both of these maxed out on my characters. While this did allow many people to min/max builds, it also was a mandatory WXP line, and you felt at a significant disadvantage until you get up to that rank 230, especially as a roamer (which means it takes WAY longer to get to that rank too). Also, in the mean-time you couldn’t enjoy any of the fun abilities b/c you were saving your WXP for that big payoff at the end.

Not only will this help with overall WvW balance (hopefully food gets balanced too), but it also makes the WXP system more fun, imo.

I think wvw abilities should give advantages in fights relative to siege and npcs, but not give PvP advantages. Good change, imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

There are fun wxp abilities? Like what, a new siege skill or two? And ask any of the people that defend ascended gear, that small of a stat change almost never makes a difference in small scale…

It’s like they want me to stop playing this game.

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

Honestly, I think this is a good change, and I have both of these maxed out on my characters. While this did allow many people to min/max builds, it also was a mandatory WXP line, and you felt at a significant disadvantage until you get up to that rank 230, especially as a roamer (which means it takes WAY longer to get to that rank too). Also, in the mean-time you couldn’t enjoy any of the fun abilities b/c you were saving your WXP for that big payoff at the end.

Not only will this help with overall WvW balance (hopefully food gets balanced too), but it also makes the WXP system more fun, imo.

I think wvw abilities should give advantages in fights relative to siege and npcs, but not give PvP advantages. Good change, imo.

Eh… if they wanted everybody (even casuals) to be able to experience the guard stacks without disadvantage, they could have moved them further up the line so that someone jumping into WvW for the first time doesn’t take long to get them. As for “balancing” food too… Dude if that’s what you want, there is a game mode called PVP that’s right up your alley…

(edited by Hexalot.8194)

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Wait a minute; so they are basically making camps useless except for building siege and repairs? There will be no way to prevent upgrades by cutting off supply routes?

Also, I’m so happy I spent all that coin on boosters and spent hours and hours to get my rank up!

in WvW

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

What a joke. With the lack of repair costs and no other real mechanic to make you ‘fear’ death in the game, the prospect of having to waste time in camp-clearing PvE was the last thing that really kept me feeling some attachment to staying alive in WvW. Now, who cares, let’s blaze420yolo into all the things — death is free!