April Fools in WvW.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I don’t want to be rude, but I think is a mistake to add that April Fools effect (joke) to WvW for 24 hours.

I see the effect is not present in sPvP arenas, the reason? because is a competitive place I suppose? well, I think WvW is competitive too, specially in tier 1, so, even when I think the joke was funny, I don’t want to have it when I play WvW, that in my opinion is as competitive, if not more, than sPvP.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

WTF its in effect in WvW as well? Just did a little mat farming and the kitten filter is kittening me off. It was fun for about 5 seconds. That’s it. Even the graphics filter aside – which is cheating since you see all tags through obstacles – the sound changes is giving me a severe headache (all the sounds are filtered). Guess its PvPing tonight instead of raiding.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

I was wondering why I can see so many npcs names in one map. Guess it’s because of the April Fools,

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Lol, it’s one day guys, chill out and live life a little rather than getting kitten over some animations cam hanging in game. Play it for some fun and just enjoy yourself…it’s a game after all.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

You can turn it off mostly.
Turn off post processing in graphics options.
Turn down dialog volume in sounds options.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

The problem is that we can’t turn it off for everyone else, which means that enemies can see us coming from half-way across the map, through walls, hills, and whatever else is supposed to block their view.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

NeHoMaR.9812

You promoting your own thread? :-D … it’s ok.

Anyway, I am talking about the whole thing of April Fools in WvW was a mistake, not the see through walls, I can live with that “exploit” for 24h, but not with the annoying effect when trying to be competitive and help my server in tier 1, actually I am NOT going to play WvW until this end, I hope other players with more patience than me help the server to win, every minute counts in tier 1.

The only I can do is sPvP, is not affected.

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

You know you can’t turn the most annoying part off the arms that don’t allow flying – just to pretend to “fly” … and only SOME of us could cover our faces with our helmets, others could not.

Inequity and not even funny.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I thought it was going to be for 2 days. March 31st and April 1st. Funny enough, NA T1 is empty lawl, failed prank.

Whispers with meat.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Doesnt help, they have some audio filter on all sounds completely ruining the feel. Sounds like you are playing in a metal barrel. Suppose its meant to match the “vintage” post process filter. Either way its awful.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

WvW competitive. Now that has got to be the best April Fools joke.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Find it way less annoying then last years bubbleheads and its just for 1 out of 365 days phew.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

Anyway, I am talking about the whole thing of April Fools in WvW was a mistake, not the see through walls, I can live with that “exploit” for 24h, but not with the annoying effect when trying to be competitive and help my server in tier 1, actually I am NOT going to play WvW until this end, I hope other players with more patience than me help the server to win, every minute counts in tier 1.

The only I can do is sPvP, is not affected.

This is an April Fools joke right? Competitive play in T1? Competitive play is WvWvW, not WvW+W. You know this isn’t JQ’s week to win right?

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Yea, not a fan of this. So I will avoid WvW for today, pick it back up tomorrow.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.3124

Ogre.3124

Every “competitive” WvW guild is having fun with this april fool’s thing. It’s fun and doesn’t affect anything other than your ‘le epic roleplaying experience’. Some people are just Squidwards

Maguuma

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

NeHoMaR.9812

WvW competitive. Now that has got to be the best April Fools joke.

Totally expected and predictable comment. Quoting myself:

…when trying to be competitive…

… and yes, it is competitive, you are competing with other players.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

WvW IS under the competitive second of the achievements panel. For some reason.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Otokomae.9356

This is an April Fools joke right? Competitive play in T1? Competitive play is WvWvW, not WvW+W. You know this isn’t JQ’s week to win right?

Oh, you guys on the T2 servers just don’t get it. You never have. Don’t worry, by this time next year you’ll be able to enjoy the April’s Fool’s theme with a nice, safe, casual Dolyak Parade once again (^_^). I know you guys must be missing that by now.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

NeHoMaR.9812

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/medals

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

You know you can’t turn the most annoying part off the arms that don’t allow flying – just to pretend to “fly” … and only SOME of us could cover our faces with our helmets, others could not.

The watchwork tonic breaks the arms being stretched out …I think others might too.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Otokomae.9356

The watchwork tonic breaks the arms being stretched out …I think others might too.

Yeah, using a tonic and then exiting out of the tonic makes you revert to your normal animation. You turn into a plane again the first time you waypoint or switch maps, however.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

GG anet! Such things like roaming are not kittening stupid with this april fools. But anyway: at least PvP is still competitive. -.-

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Well that was annoying, logout right away.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I personally think for WvW they should have just rotated the scores for each server and watched the players flip out. It would be a good laugh to way the winning servers go into over drive because they think the are losing all of a sudden, not to mention the QQ would be glorious!

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

This is just a great time…enjoy it.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

I get the feeling that there’s a completely different team that makes decisions about what will and won’t be allowed into pvp when it comes to these silly things anet likes to do. A separate team from the general pve/wvw folks.

BG

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

We did a flying V formation … that was kinda funny. Then we got bored of the joke and logged out. At least Anet does have a sense of humour.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

I turned off post processing in WvW today. Still had the airplane arms but no crazy filter on the camera. Made everything a lot easier to see.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Is this the part where someone sneaks in the video for the other new profession “commando” a see if HoT followers bite?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

I loved it. For one day, I was a plane…

Attachments:

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Lots of lulz were had last night. Piken Square Squadron on a low bombing approach to the Hills Lord’s bunker:

Attachments:

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I logged on last night, saw this stupid crap was still there to ruin roaming, logged off.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

Things like this should have an option to turn it off, or very short duration. Was fun for maybe 10 minutes, then more and more annoying. Like a good joke that is repeated over and over and over … and over … … … … … … ……………………………

But nobody cares here. Now we have more reasons to hate each other. That’s a “win”.

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

April Fools in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

WvW is PvE for A-Net, I thought you learned that for the past 3 years.