Arborstone - Vizunah - Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Keep it clean this time

Something interesting has come to my attention over yesterday and today.

Desolation: Dominant very late night time (3-5am). Solid prime time, keeps with VS. Weak morning and early afternoon. Just looking at the score.

VS: Dominant morning – early afternoon. Solid prime time, matching Desolation. Solid early night (up until 2am ish). Weak deep night.

AS: Dominant prime time. Weak as can be night time. Weakish morning – early afternoon.

Seems Deso and VS rally their points against AS in off-peak hours and AS pull back in prime time. Hats off to AS for that prime time force. Hopefully Deso can make that deep night count more than VS’s morning – afternoon and catch them

Good fighting.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Genocide.4506

Genocide.4506

Hopefully this thread won’t get deleted.

Scores here : http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU

Blackgate thief :)

in WvW

Posted by: Khristal.4537

Khristal.4537

The win not go to the skilled people. The holydays in france help the server with the young peoples.

Khristal
Necromancer – The Night Lords
Arborstone

in WvW

Posted by: Yuki.1765

Yuki.1765

Holidays means two things : More people, more noobs too. Also means, server is full 24/7, except the deep night.

Well, this is a pretty good analysis Katsumoto. Things you said seems to be correct.

There’s another interesting point : a balance for each serv, and every server can manage a part of the day ( morning, prime, night).

Each serv need to improve his “weak” time now, we’ll work on it

Yuni Yuki n’ Co PvP r39 – WvW r962 – Necromant and Guardian !
Vizunah Spirit [VSS], Vizunah Square [FR] We’ll never surrender!

(edited by Yuki.1765)

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

It is funny how each of us has a dominant time. VS seem to have the best average at the moment, indicated by the score and that the score gap has once again widened today (albeit very small increase).

Both VS and AS. Please get out of Stonemist. We’ve only just got it haha.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: mattidigital.7259

mattidigital.7259

I gotta admit, this week is the most fun I’ve had in WvW. Anytime I log on, there’s action. The weekend was great but with the shaky alliance it was a bit rough for Desolation, though I think we held on strong. Now with everyone going at eachother, its just pure wvw joy.

Good battles all around.

Ismodan ~ RUIN – Desolation -

in WvW

Genocide.4506

Last thing we’d expect is at the last 24 hours the 2 french servers decide to ally up again lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Thorvald.5432

Thorvald.5432

Last thing we’d expect is at the last 24 hours the 2 french servers decide to ally up again lol.

Don’t worry. It is almost impossible for it to happen again this week. Too much competition, tension and drama between AS and VS

Invaders [Inv] – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

Don’t give them idea’s :P Lets make them hate each other by dropping false information, then they leave us alone. Divide and conquer. For sure they won’t read this message, only the bit to come.

@AS. VS said you’re just their puppets and a second rate server.
@VS. AS said you can’t fight without a zerg ball.

Now go at each other :P

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Knasher.5607

Knasher.5607

Don’t worry. It is almost impossible for it to happen again this week. Too much competition, tension and drama between AS and VS

Well there is always next week. If you look at the score from that mos website, even when Desolation were coming last, we were still gaining more rating points due to the difference in the score not being reflected by the difference in points. Same thing happening in tier 2 where Elona are losing points despite coming first. Looks like it is going to be VS vs AS vs Deso for at least another week.

in WvW

Posted by: Reese.7521

Reese.7521

The win not go to the skilled people. The holydays in france help the server with the young peoples.

Cry me a river, pathetic when you cant win 2 V 1, you all going to ask ANET to allow a 4th server in this and try battle 3 V1 ? Like real life war you depend on others cant fight on your own

in WvW

Posted by: Joriel.1530

Joriel.1530

anyways for those who say Deso doesnt deserve to be in tier 1… you’re wrong…. we have been dominating in primetime with 0 orbs at least from 5pm to 9pm gmt -0 every single day (after that i go to work so idk wat happens after 10~11pm), and ofc we also are dominating during off time when Ruin comes.
the screenie on the atch was taken at like 18:45 gmt0

Attachments:

i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz | GTX 780 | 8GB GSKILL RAM @ 1866mhz

(edited by Joriel.1530)

in WvW

Posted by: Gatsby.7420

Gatsby.7420

We catching up! 19.46 euro prime time

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Toubzsky.6087

Toubzsky.6087

Without RUIN you’d be 30-40k behind AS, but yeah no problem you deserve to be in T1.

in WvW

Reese.7521

Without RUIN you’d be 30-40k behind AS, but yeah no problem you deserve to be in T1.

Last I checked Ruin is part of Deso like all the other guilds helping

in WvW

Joriel.1530

btw the orb arborstone has its on “their” garrison (which we capped it) and its bugged since this matchup started!!
Anet not doing anything about it???

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: ako.8973

ako.8973

this week we’re just warming up, next match we break you just like ivan drago

Big Picture
Desolation ~ Just the [Tip]

in WvW

Joriel.1530

guys i just seen this and i was like =O

check the screenie lol we r getting pro

EPIC lol

Attachments:

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

Ladyfabulous, do shut up. Your excuse for havin a weak night and today, a weak prime time is that you had people staying up at night, failing to counter RUIN, and now unable to play prime time. Please…

I thought we were supposed to keep this thread clean?

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Reese.7521

Whith our best players being busy in the middle of the night countering the us players that carry you, the fact that you are dominating the ENGLISH primetime is not that odd.

Maybe T1 there is no prime time, its 24×7 game? Oh wait….

in WvW

Posted by: ladyfabulous.1403

ladyfabulous.1403

I’m not saying you are bad, Desolation US is quite a good server indeed.

in WvW

Posted by: Toubzsky.6087

Toubzsky.6087

Can you remind me where was Desolation before RUIN joined your server ? Oh yeah T3.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/15

No need to say that you’re dominating all day long :’)

You’re like Baruch Bay but with a slightly better day team.

(edited by Toubzsky.6087)

in WvW

Joriel.1530

I’m not saying you are bad, Desolation EU/US is quite a good server indeed.

i gotta agree with you

in WvW

ladyfabulous.1403

I’m not saying you are bad, Desolation US is quite a good server indeed.

i gotta agree with you

Thank you mate!

(edited by ladyfabulous.1403)

in WvW

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Ok, folks, remember to keep the thread constructive and respectful . Any negative posting and personal attacks will be removed as they do not precisely contribute in any meaningful way to the community.

Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: mattidigital.7259

mattidigital.7259

We’ve already lost our thread once this week due to comments being made from, what I’d like to believe, the loudest minorities on all 3 servers. Let’s just all remember, that in any large group of people, in communities, there will be bad apples. They don’t speak for everyone. They speak their garbage and spew their hate due to immaturity and are a select group whose opinions aren’t, nor should they be, a reflection upon the server that they play for.

This is just a PSA, don’t feed the trolls. Just ignore their comments and lets keep the thread clean enough so that maybe it can last through the whole week. That would be nice….

Regardless of all the drama, the simple fact is, I’m sure most of us are having a ball in this matchup. Respect and regards to all 3 servers. We all belong here, until one of us gets kicked out and a newcomer comes in. Actions will dictate who belongs in T1, not words. Have fun, I’ll see you on the battlefield.

Ismodan ~ RUIN – Desolation -

in WvW

Genocide.4506

Well there is always next week. If you look at the score from that mos website, even when Desolation were coming last, we were still gaining more rating points due to the difference in the score not being reflected by the difference in points. Same thing happening in tier 2 where Elona are losing points despite coming first. Looks like it is going to be VS vs AS vs Deso for at least another week.

I say, Yay for Ratings!!!

in WvW

Posted by: NightShade.5283

NightShade.5283

yeah lets enjoy this matchup, fill it with epic fight

Lyan D Deathbringer. male shylvari thief
IRON – Desolation

in WvW

Reese.7521

Can you remind me where was Desolation before RUIN joined your server ? Oh yeah T3.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/15

No need to say that you’re dominating all day long :’)

You’re like Baruch Bay but with a slightly better day team.

Right and we got a new addition + others and that has helped us, like many many other servers.

Crying now?

in WvW

Joriel.1530

i gotta be honest since both FRs decided to stop the alliance i can say that i respect French players a bit more

+1 respect

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

Is it me or did VS just exploit into Desolation Borderlands garrison? The inner walls weren’t touched and within seconds of breaching the outer wall they own it…?

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Genocide.4506

Is it me or did VS just exploit into Desolation Borderlands garrison? The inner walls weren’t touched and within seconds of breaching the outer wall they own it…?

Ninja Mesmers?

in WvW

Posted by: Gavello.2813

Gavello.2813

Anytime you see a keep be taken fast without realizing it is of two reasons.

1. You didn’t sweep so Mesmers stayed in and portaled a zerg inside.
2. A small sub 5 man group attacked the doors by themselves and blew the doors down without swords appearing on the map.

1 is fine but i really wish ANet would fix no 2 to make it so that if any gates are being attacked it immediately shows up on the map as swords.

You think the guards before they died would raise the alarm or something.

Ps. It’s rarely hacks/glitches so don’t throw that out there without proof. And even then, report it, don’t post it.

~Ruin~Officer~

in WvW

Posted by: Akuma.7098

Akuma.7098

Well, I personally dont like tone or approach of some of our Deso posters here, towards our rivalling servers. They lack objectivity, maturity and respect. Please do not judge us all by this minority who needs to show their kitten prowess on the forums and likes to put others down so they can feel better about themselves.

It seems that RUIN is making great difference in our server strength, but I hope they will be not enough for us to reach to the top, cause it would be boring and kinda lame.

Have lot of fun everywhere I am fighting and some enemies are really skilled I give you that. Learned a lot lol.

Still I think that for both french servers would be more beneficial to join against us again, although there is no hope for you to get us from T1 this week. You should reconsider for next week for sure, cause our PvE base is miraculously beginning to take interest in W3 which means we are getting closer to 24\7 coverage which is not that good for you. Or me cause they create ques.

GL HF

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Second because it is a fact that most player from the main guilds are now waking up at 1h to go to bed at 17h. Primetime becomes extremely weakened thanks to this. Also those waking up at 5h before going to work are getting extremely tired (and have trouble helping for primetime EU one ofc, although nowaday’s primetime seems to be US one…)

Right.
Let’s forget for a moment that RUIN decided to join Desolation in the first place because their members found potential in the server (otherwise they’d have joined someone else) and let’s pretend Desolation is in T1 exclusively due to RUIN.

So what?

Vizunah was the server who first introduced pro-nightcapping into the EU bracket and used it to cruise to auto-victory for week after week. Props to you for being smart about the implications of the scoring system and setting yourself up to exploit it in the best way, but are you now really complaining that someone else took notice and reacted accordingly?

Honestly, what were you expecting? All other EU servers to roll over, die, and let you autowin for all eternity?

Given the current implementation it’s painfully obvious (and it was foreseen by many, myself included) that the system is intrinsically unbalanced and allows even the smallest population difference to snowball into massive points lead. There’s only ONE situation in which it can work: if all 3 servers in a matchup have full 24/7 coverage on all 4 maps.
Now there are two main ways to reach this point:

A) have a server which such a ridiculously overbloated population that people keep queuing at 5 AM out of desperation because it’s the only time they have any hope of skipping the 6-hours long queue
B) have a server with groups from different timezones

Are you really surprised that people are trying to organize to use the B way to setup competitive servers?

Far from spoiling the EU bracket, RUIN are trailblazers. I fully expect (and hope) that we will soon have at least a 25% of US population playing on the EU servers (hopefully on at least 3 different ones, 6 would be even better but I doubt the game has the numbers to do it) and vice-versa for EU players going on NA ones. If you have any brain, you will hope it too, because otherwise the WvW subsystem is DEAD as it will have absolutely NO long term sustainability.

The only other hope would be a massive revamp of the scoring system but Arenanet so far has completely failed to provide it in the 5 months since the first BWE when players pointed the problem to them, so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

(edited by MagnusLL.8473)

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

Ladyfabulous, do shut up. Your excuse for havin a weak night and today, a weak prime time is that you had people staying up at night, failing to counter RUIN, and now unable to play prime time. Please…

I thought we were supposed to keep this thread clean?

Except you should be the one to do so. First because since the beginning of this war you’re extremely violent towards french players. Second because it is a fact that most player from the main guilds are now waking up at 1h to go to bed at 17h. Primetime becomes extremely weakened thanks to this. Also those waking up at 5h before going to work are getting extremely tired (and have trouble helping for primetime EU one ofc, although nowaday’s primetime seems to be US one…). And we can see it wasn’t even enough to counter RUIN since desolation was ticking at +540 at 5h30 (am ofc).

Keeping it clean sure, but it’s more convenient for you when it is with your BS only being readable by others.

I wasn’t anti french in any way. I was anti people hating desolation but praising the french, when they hated desolation for what the french were doing. If anything though, the attitude of some French players is making me that way. Inability to comprehend the true meaning of what is posted, mindless insults of ‘deso are crap, only ruin are good at pvd’, deso don’t belong in T1 and pitiful excuses at every moment you have a lapse in points. I saw the forces of AS last night, I was up, and there was not enough for you to say that you’re all tired in EU prime time.

Anyway close the thread please. It appears the thread has been derailed already.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Gavello.2813

Gavello.2813

Since the topic is slightly moving into feasibility for US servers moving to the EU bracket, I’ll shine a little light.

Ruin has been approached by several guilds from the US wanting to hear our opinions on the EU and are looking at joining the bracket to escape the crazy kitten going on in the US (Which is in 10x worse condition than the EU bracket).

Just give it time, I still think the EU bracket is fundamentally more balanced and with time I can definitely see more guilds moving over to it creating more competitive servers.

Back on topic, Match is great so far, keep it up all 3 servers.

~Ruin~Officer~

in WvW

Posted by: Dragon Title Hunter.9176

Dragon Title Hunter.9176

I’m with Desolation and find it very hard fighting both server, we attack one point start to win then the other server will come in and wipe us out.

They don’t even fighting each other, just walk away and wait for us to attack again or somewhere else, which is making it very hard for us. It is still fun and shows that Desolation is only missing out on the top spot because of this teaming up.

in WvW

ladyfabulous.1403

So what?

Vizunah was the server who first introduced pro-nightcapping into the EU bracket and used it to cruise to auto-victory for week after week. Props to you for being smart about the implications of the scoring system and setting yourself up to exploit it in the best way, but are you now really complaining that someone else took notice and reacted accordingly?

The difference here is that the only people that were doing it on our server were us, but we maybe like German are too fairplay.

in WvW

Posted by: Kindragon.4308

Kindragon.4308

Im loving this matchup. Mainly the pressure both french servers are putting against us is great for increasing our response and reaction times. Its not easy being the one in the room everyone wants to take a shot at, but when you can handle it and even shine, it shows we as a server are doing what it takes to make Desolation the Tier 1 server it deserves to be.

I could name a bunch of guilds but you know who you guys are that are making the difference. Im also loving the willingness unguilded players and small guild teams are putting forth to remain in communication, and work with the various groups we got going on different maps.

It says alot about the tenacity of Desolation.

Keep it up guys. Incredible work.

-J

Jozhua – LvL 80 Thief
[R U I N] Scout/Soldier
Desolation

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

So what?

The difference here is that the only people that were doing it on our server were us, but we maybe like German are too fairplay.

Oh please. It’s totally unfair that a game mode set up to be a 24/7 battlefield see’s a guild transfer to a server to cover a previously weak time slot? Like any EU desolation players could have stopped them coming over lol. Sorry for playing a 24/7 battlefield 24/7. Didn’t realise it should be 4/7 (6pm till 10pm i’d say is prime time).

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: eiennnoai.9870

eiennnoai.9870

Well, we’ve had this discussion a dozen time so I won’t go over it again in full details.

First of all, I’m not from VS.
Then, before RUIN came you could see that strategy organization and mobilization was what was making the servers advance, which I would say seems pretty fair to me (although there’s still population umbalance, and off peak hours points shouldn’t be as important as when all sides’ maps are full and crowded). VS was able to nightcap because a part of its population (usually 30-40 sometimes more depending if it’s a week end or not) which was doing huge efforts and sacrifice to keep up there in D1, more than anyone (proof is they’ve been in T1 nearly since the game is out). Any EU player can do that same thing if they have the willpower for it and organize themselves for it. Now that RUIN is here the nightforce is unmatchable except if there’s a similarly sizeable transfer. Because, yeah, it took it to be a week end before holidays and a lot of players sacrifing it (WAY more than average) to stay up all night to match RUIN in the first night (actually the second one only, the first one they did +14k).

To finish, it’s impossible to have NA pop transfer here, there is no german speaking community in NA, and there is nowhere near enough people from Quebec to compete (and yes, there’s barely any already, Quebecers like to play in NA usually since they get better ping).

If you want a fix for WvW I totally agree, but it definitely isn’t this one, EU bracket isn’t NA one and doesn’t have any oceanian or asian population already which is why 24/24 makes sense. EU servers WERE mostly 90% EU players if not more especially in Wv3.
The fix needs to come from A-net which needs to clarify their stance. Either they remove put both NA and EU in one bracket and remove server languages, like FR SP DE (so absolutely no distinction, and yes people can transfer/play where they want), or they create an Asian bracket, put limitations for transfers out of own’s region (pay 15$/€ ?). As it is they let the situation in between, distinguishing NA and EU brackets yet seeming to don’t care that players go out of their own region, this brings a very conflictual situation and I’d say in the next months Wv3 will be totally screwed and people will play just to kill other players, noone caring about scores, forts, organization, … since it would all be meaningless.

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

That difference is meaningless, so is the word “fair play”.

If you wanted real “fair play” (assuming just for the sake of discussion this concept has any meaning in this context, which I think it doesn’t), you’d have setup NO nightcapping, not “ok we nightcap and win by doing PvDoor, but only using people from our country which can afford to not sleep”.

Once you setup a group of let’s say 40 people which give you 2/3 of your points playing unopposed during the night, it’s COMPLETELY OBVIOUS that someone, sooner or later, it’s going to think “hey let’s bring 80 people at night and wreck them”. Then they will be followed by someone else who brings 160, then 320, then 640. Once you reach 666, you’re at the maximum allowed by the game and you reach the equilibrium point, at which time the real fun can start. If you never reach that point, the game fails. HARD.

in WvW

Posted by: Daxter.4286

Daxter.4286

@Joriels screenshot: I see a lot of EXG there :P That was a fun siege against arborstone. They held their tower well though(or more like we had bad tactics at attacking the keep after we broke all the supply and wall).

We were getting fairly close at breaking VS garrison in the end, our firepower just wasn’t quite there for breaking the doors down.

I have to say i’m really happy at how this week in WvW is going. Constant battles, no time to get bored since there is always action going on and always someone to fight against. Last week against FS and Kodash i was bored out of my mind after Tuesday. Thanks VS and Arborstone for bringing the action to us!

Extraordinary Gentlemen[EXG] – Desolation[EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Deso have good chance to win this battle now, take 8k on the last night..
PA is away and will not return.. i don’t know where is past our nightcapping force :/…. But our waiting list is lower day by day ( 5 minutes to inc in open at 8pm … Woot!! ), all the leecher back to VS i think, it’s a great victory in someway.

Anyway very hard fight on the AS homemap tonight, WL / CDD vs IRON vs SR/FRY/LNM … waiting to 10h45pm to take our basic spot… hope all enjoy the fight.

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: kesh.5148

kesh.5148

“Katsumoto.9452:

Is it me or did VS just exploit into Desolation Borderlands garrison? The inner walls weren’t touched and within seconds of breaching the outer wall they own it…?"

That wasn’t Mesmers, they’d Trebbed the inner wall previously. We were doing well on all the other BL maps, but on Deso BL we had a fail commander (out of respect i wont mention his name, but hey, there needs to be a level of WvW experience needed before you waste 100 gold an our prime time points scoring) who facepalmed constantly.

(edited by kesh.5148)

in WvW

Posted by: Thorvald.5432

Thorvald.5432

@Gatsby.7420
You are wrong. France and Germany have problem with english language. The issue is deep within the root of their culture and cannot be overcome just like that.
Both France and Germany have huge player base which is why ANet decided to put language server (they did not in first beta). ANet knows it is inconceivable to have two countries inside an english server. We would have seen much more drama if this was the case.

Also people prone to international server must realize that technical issue (server stress, latency and other) that can have devastating effect on the game.

Like someone said, I think it is time for ANet to step in and make a stand on this issue to either make server international or discourage non-EU massive transfer to EU servers, provide asian/oceanic players with their own brackets.
Because let’s face it, players are not reasonable and are trying to transform EU brackets into NA2 with the same NA/Oceanic problems (except here it is EU/NA).
NA players in EU are doing the same damage Oceanic did on NA region.

Invaders [Inv] – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

An those saying we were in tier 3, we got teamed up by two [fr] servers Aug an AS in tier 2.

There is never have any kind of team up btw AS and AR… just look the score at the end of the week… This is totally false.

After the" backstab" drama on french forum btw VS and AS, many AS ppl think the best way for AS is to help DS to take down VS this week..

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: ZainAzhar.5308

ZainAzhar.5308

Map capture locations + Orbs as of 5 mins ago

Whats up the Orbs Tbh :/ so Buggy . Anet do something about this.

Attachments:

Mesmer – Churaill
Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Argadem.6135

Argadem.6135

There is no way to keep this thread clean,there will always been some people from all 3 servers crying about every possible little thing and then it will grow into insulting and flaming each other

Argadem
Guardian – Gunnar’s Hold [IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/