Arborstone and the French

in WvW

Posted by: Hasek.6807

Hasek.6807

I am from Desolation.
I salute you on this weeks performance. Completely outmanned and outgunned the entire week. Well played and what a stunning defeat it has been.

When the initial weekend was over you had already managed to completely demoralize the whole server. Especially with rumors that the guys on Arbor was in fact the strong guilds from Viznuah Square (the server we had just lost to the previous week)

I don’t really care if it’s some out of this world alliance playing 24/7 or the redicule theory of your canadian brigade holding up the nightcapping.
Fact is we got beat at every turn (You have too many lowbies and you get beat if you are even numbered. Outskilled/outplayed by the remaining hardcore players of Desolation).

Now leave us alone for a while to recover and I promise to bring the fight to you sooner or later! Enjoy the the french only top tier in EU (With you helping Augury to get second place).

Good luck in the future, i don’t suspect any of the other servers will be able to match up against the onslaught of Arborstone! So you might get lonely at the top at some point!

I won’t be eating any croissants for a year thanks to you guys!

Omx – Warrior – [JuG] Desolation

(edited by Hasek.6807)

in WvW

Posted by: haqqa.8194

haqqa.8194

Dude I’m from a smaller pop server and have it more frustrating in WvW imo atm, but i changed world for a few days to see what things are like elsewhere and actually was on Desolation, and know what you are saying.

Apart from what you’re saying, you had spies there that helped with loosing towers and keeps. I caught one or two (not sure if same guy diffferent occasions) taking supplies while no one was there. As soon as i walked in to the tower, they ran from the supplies and jumped off the cliffs to their death, like before you can catch their names.

At one point, we were like 5-7 people defending the west tower (sunny hill) from about 10-15 reds, which was upgraded, had cata on ground + at least 4 arrow carts on the walls, but the reds seemed to know where to target, where we moved and all, even after moving far back in the tower to break lock, then still coming up the stairs. It was a kind of a nightmare, carts went down quick, we spent most our time healing or downed.

I’m setup for wall defense right now and it’s what i do mostly, but this was something else. I haven’t been caught in that much chaos even with much larger groups. I fell back_ literally to catch my breathe at some point, and there was that supplies bungie jumper, hanging around the tower NPC delegation; not helping us at all, not afk, just moving around like he’s doing something. Lost tower obviously.

While transfers are free, we’ll see that i guess, but alot of WvW s*** is getting frustrating, except for the strong worlds ofc. Free benefits.

P.S there is another trick that helps waste precious time when your main force is on a major effort, and I just learned that from arby. But I’m not giving ppl ideas; just keep an eye out.

(edited by haqqa.8194)

in WvW

Posted by: PolleyPocket.9162

PolleyPocket.9162

I suspect the use of spys, garrison and orb flipping between u both teams.

Seeing as at every sneak attack we tried, we were met with a zerg almost double the size.

Glad 2 see the end of this WvWvW tbh!

[JEDI] Yoda Smyth – Scrapper Engie- Vabbi EU
Emporer Palpatine – Tempest Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Hasek.6807

Hasek.6807

Wether or not they used spies or did work together. What Arborstone pulled off was impressive!

We had a few bugs with orbs duplicating and proceeding to lose the real one once the fake one was recaptured.

Let’s keep this on subject. This is really not a flame post. Just a pad on the back for Arborstone and that i’m glad they are gone soon!

Omx – Warrior – [JuG] Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

Had the Outmannded buff pretty much all week. Arbor fielded huge numbers around the clock, and won. It’s as simple as that tbh, so well done chaps – you were a very strong and formidable world to tackle.

Desolation has a real problem with players who only play when we’re winning. The moment a server pulls ahead, weather it’s down to huge numbers of night-capping, 50% of Deso’s “PvPers” go farming. Talk big when we’re winning, silent when we’re losing. IRON can only do so much, and what they do do they do very well indeed (I am not a member of IRON btw, just an impressed outsider).

So again, well done. Can’t help but feel like you and Augry were in league to keep us third…

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

(edited by Parthis.2091)

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Especially with rumors that the guys on Arbor was in fact the strong guilds from Viznuah Square (the server we had just lost to the previous week)

Hum… I was not aware of this rumor…

In fact, VS alliance Grand Cross was created to combat our alliance.
But, instead of PA, we don’t care about the 24h match up so when the 1week patch up start we were in the 14th rank :/

. Can’t help but feel like you and Augry were in league to keep us third…

I can assure you it’s not the case, but if we want to go in D1, we need to make the max point vs you, and augury don’t want down in d3 likewise… So there is no alliance, but yes your particularly focus by the 2 fr serv, but for different reason.

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

(edited by Wothan.4673)

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Especially with rumors that the guys on Arbor was in fact the strong guilds from Viznuah Square (the server we had just lost to the previous week)

Hum… I was not aware of this rumor…

In fact, VS alliance Grand Cross was created to combat our alliance.
But, instead of PA, we don’t care about the 24h match up so when the 1week patch up start we were in the 14th rank :/

. Can’t help but feel like you and Augry were in league to keep us third…

I can assure you it’s not the case, but if we want to go in D1, we need to make the max point vs you, and augury don’t want down in d3 likewise… So there is no alliance, but yes your particularly focus by the 2 fr serv, but for different reason.

Now we’re coming to the end of the week do you have any knowledge of whether you had people on our servers spying or not? (I’m not judging, I’d just like to maybe find out one way or another from someone from that server).

Also, I did hear that your rise is due to one very well organised French Alliance, so kudos to you on your 24/7 vigil. Insane how you kept up those numbers constantly.

I’m still not convinced there’s no Canadian influence though, but I guess I’ll believe you for now

Good luck on your rapid rise up the ranks! I’m hoping you’ve got enough points this match to GTFO of our tier because I really do not want to fight you two weeks running, please :P

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Just too many of them.

Two of us chased a couple who ran back to their keep instead of engaging us, then suddenly 7 people leapt down from the keep walls. Keep in mind this keep hadn’t been under attack for many hours.

We had no idea why they would even be in there….

in WvW

Posted by: Psykoyul.9147

Psykoyul.9147

“Also, I did hear that your rise is due to one very well organised French Alliance, so kudos to you on your 24/7 vigil. Insane how you kept up those numbers constantly.”

Yes we have a well organised alliance of 17 RvR-focused guilds. Thanks for the compliments guys, our objective is to be in the first match up… hope it will be this week, but it’s not sure yet, we had a lot of points to catch up.
That said, our alliance did’nt do the job alone, far from it. It seems that a majority of the serveur chose to focus on RvR… good for us.
Our alliance didn’t use spies. Did our server use some? I have no idea. All I can say is that on the map where I spent my week (AS home map) we never had a single intel from a spy.
And once and for all, no canadians on our server, just dedicated guys that can afford to play at night, and a Caledonian guild of 15 people whose prime time is around 8am for us european.

GM of Soul Reapers [SR] JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Now we’re coming to the end of the week do you have any knowledge of whether you had people on our servers spying or not? (I’m not judging, I’d just like to maybe find out one way or another from someone from that server).

I can speak only for our alliance, and it is clearly not in our way to play.
We have many scout, so we can always with more or less precision know what is the enemy move and their numbers, but no spy on other serv.
I can’t say if it is the same case for all the other guild in AS unfortunately.

For canadian, well, as I have already said, we have one New Caledonian (utc+11) guild and one form Reunion Island (utc+4), and it’s all. french Canadian Have their own alliance : QC alliance ( for example ) and play mostly in US serv like Northen Shiverpeaks.

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

(edited by Wothan.4673)