Arc Divider

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: icecreamsupernova.8956

icecreamsupernova.8956

Hello, I have 3.3k Armor and I got hit by a 15k Arc Divider whilst in shroud with almost full hp (shroud was below 50%), is this working as intended? This isn’t the first time ive seen such large numbers but even skills like coalescence of ruin normally only crit me for 5k, This seems a bit excessive and seems to ignore armor value.

sbi (shhh)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Rule 1 of Posting on Forum: Whatever number you see, multiply it by 3.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

Arc Divider

in WvW

icecreamsupernova.8956

Yes this is true I didnt screen cap it sorry, I see no reason why I would lie. Maybe anet can look at the skill and see if there is an issue though, just seems strange to me, and i am used to seeing lack of balance in wvw, 15k seems a bit extreme though.

sbi (shhh)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I see no reason why I would lie.

Well that’s practicly confirmation from a third person, so I believe you!

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Serkit.7836

Serkit.7836

Note: there are a lot of assumptions in this post.

Using the following assumptions to maximize damage: signet of might, empower allies, all banners, 25 vulnerability, 25 might, 20% damage of berserker’s power, 10% from stick and move, 10% from forceful greatsword, 24% from destruction of the empowered (everything but aegis, protection, and resistance), 7% from burst mastery, 7% from always angry, 10% from bloody roar, 5% from sigil of force, 10% from seaweed salad, 10% from scholar runes, etc.

You get an effective power of 32,364 from gw2power.com: http://bit.ly/2nisI0c

gw2skills.net build used to fill in the gw2power.com stats: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARBhMdoujdfw2jliAzYA8ACAvD3k7zVpL06yCA-T1RBABmpE04LAAAPAA80BQp6PXt/o8bhjAQAAEgbezAw5Nv5Nv5NPX3m38m38mlCYgdWA-w

Using the damage done formula from the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage#Damage_done

Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

Maximum greatsword weapon strength: 1155 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_Strength

Skill coefficient: 2.31 (assuming below 50% health for the purpose of maximum damage) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arc_Divider

Target’s armor: 6600 (3.3k*2 since shroud gives 50% damage reduction) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death_Shroud#Mechanics

So you have: maximum damage done = 1155*32364*2.31/6600 = 13,083

That would mean, even with maximum damage modifiers, you wouldn’t get hit with a 15k arc divider with 3.3k armor.

However, the wiki says

While in Death Shroud, direct damage is halved, except when the hit depletes all of the life force. This damage reduction isn’t shown in the combat log.

I believe this means a 7.5k hit received in shroud would show up as 15k in the combat log. I also believe it says that if the 15k arc divider were to deplete the shroud, it would do the full 15k damage. Using the 13k number above and removing the 50% damage reduction from shroud, you’d receive a maximum 26k arc divider. Taking out absurd damage damage modifiers like banners and whatever from the 26k, 15k is definitely possible in this scenario.

I’d recommend getting on a warrior, going to the raid lobby training area, and seeing how hard arc divider can hit with maximum damage modifiers on an enemy with known armor rating. Hot join would possibly work for it too, but you’d have to account for the loss of food and possibly traits acting differently.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Hello, I have 3.3k Armor and I got hit by a 15k Arc Divider whilst in shroud with almost full hp (shroud was below 50%), is this working as intended? This isn’t the first time ive seen such large numbers but even skills like coalescence of ruin normally only crit me for 5k, This seems a bit excessive and seems to ignore armor value.

Unless you’re a camp supervisor, I don’t believe it without proof. I arc divider atleast 36,000x a day and can tell you for a fact that that’s around a full boon stack ppvf hit on a lord…think I cap at 19k…but again, I don’t keep track generally. On players….maybe 3k

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Full health, no less? Zero chance.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

my arc divider sometimes hits upwards of 10k on players and i’m not quite full zerker with cheap food & pack runes. 15k seems about as hard as it can get though, but well possible for a warrior who builds for it with all modifiers, might stacks, good food and maybe even a guild aura in proximity.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Arc Divider

in WvW

Choppy.4183

^^ Not without the bonus damage for the target being under 50% health it’s not. And I’m somewhat skeptical of landing it on someone with 3300 armor even if they were below 50% (and the claim in this case was full health).

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Arc Divider

in WvW

icecreamsupernova.8956

Note: there are a lot of assumptions in this post.

Using the following assumptions to maximize damage: signet of might, empower allies, all banners, 25 vulnerability, 25 might, 20% damage of berserker’s power, 10% from stick and move, 10% from forceful greatsword, 24% from destruction of the empowered (everything but aegis, protection, and resistance), 7% from burst mastery, 7% from always angry, 10% from bloody roar, 5% from sigil of force, 10% from seaweed salad, 10% from scholar runes, etc.

You get an effective power of 32,364 from gw2power.com: http://bit.ly/2nisI0c

gw2skills.net build used to fill in the gw2power.com stats: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARBhMdoujdfw2jliAzYA8ACAvD3k7zVpL06yCA-T1RBABmpE04LAAAPAA80BQp6PXt/o8bhjAQAAEgbezAw5Nv5Nv5NPX3m38m38mlCYgdWA-w

Using the damage done formula from the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage#Damage_done

Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

Maximum greatsword weapon strength: 1155 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_Strength

Skill coefficient: 2.31 (assuming below 50% health for the purpose of maximum damage) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arc_Divider

Target’s armor: 6600 (3.3k*2 since shroud gives 50% damage reduction) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death_Shroud#Mechanics

So you have: maximum damage done = 1155*32364*2.31/6600 = 13,083

That would mean, even with maximum damage modifiers, you wouldn’t get hit with a 15k arc divider with 3.3k armor.

However, the wiki says

While in Death Shroud, direct damage is halved, except when the hit depletes all of the life force. This damage reduction isn’t shown in the combat log.

I believe this means a 7.5k hit received in shroud would show up as 15k in the combat log. I also believe it says that if the 15k arc divider were to deplete the shroud, it would do the full 15k damage. Using the 13k number above and removing the 50% damage reduction from shroud, you’d receive a maximum 26k arc divider. Taking out absurd damage damage modifiers like banners and whatever from the 26k, 15k is definitely possible in this scenario.

I’d recommend getting on a warrior, going to the raid lobby training area, and seeing how hard arc divider can hit with maximum damage modifiers on an enemy with known armor rating. Hot join would possibly work for it too, but you’d have to account for the loss of food and possibly traits acting differently.

Thankyou for actually taking me seriously, apparently on this forum everyone just assumes you are lying. Fair enough though, I will screen cap next time.

sbi (shhh)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Choppy.4183

His calculations don’t support your claim. He assumed health under 50% health.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: CCLegion.5936

CCLegion.5936

Serkit, your assumptions about shroud are correct.
However, if we assume outside damage modifiers and do some other changes to the build, we can reach a total of 37k ePower even while leaving some damage mods, such as burst mastery, behind, making it entirely possible to be hit by a 15k Arc Divider at 3.3k armor, even on the lower strength hit. I was using a fairly simple gunflame build as base with a druid, GotL but no glyph, and glass rev around him. And yes, I’ve seen people run around like that, especially towards the back of a zerg.
Since Shroud DR does not apply to the numbers shown on screen or in combat log, you’ll see a 15k crit but be hit for 7.5k, we can ignore that.

(edited by CCLegion.5936)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Garrus.7403

Garrus.7403

You are necro and you have 3.3k armor? Dude whats wrong with you? Not even Full traibalizer has 3.3k armor.

I Will Raiden
Why So Serious?

Arc Divider

in WvW

icecreamsupernova.8956

You are necro and you have 3.3k armor? Dude whats wrong with you? Not even Full traibalizer has 3.3k armor.

Yes, full trailblazer 3,269 normally and I had a bonus from being outside of a tower so 3,369. Outside of a keep I have 3,469.

sbi (shhh)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

arc divider need to have less range, more like melee instead the 450.
I saw a couple of times that skill to hit for 15k which is fine if it wouldn’t be because the incredible fast adrenaline generation the berserker has for primal burst. The

the skill could be taking into account the actual “health” bar from the target so in this case the shroud bar.

put usual damage with 25 stacks of vul and that’s +25% damage + under 50% shroud and there we have it.

The zerker should not be able to generate that amount of adrenaline with no investment, and the melee weapons should have a primal at melee range.

Also bigger tells in some massive one hit bursts would be amazing for balance. in all professions.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

arc divider need to have less range, more like melee instead the 450.
I saw a couple of times that skill to hit for 15k which is fine if it wouldn’t be because the incredible fast adrenaline generation the berserker has for primal burst. The

the skill could be taking into account the actual “health” bar from the target so in this case the shroud bar.

put usual damage with 25 stacks of vul and that’s +25% damage + under 50% shroud and there we have it.

The zerker should not be able to generate that amount of adrenaline with no investment, and the melee weapons should have a primal at melee range.

Also bigger tells in some massive one hit bursts would be amazing for balance. in all professions.

“The zerker should not be able to generate that amount of adrenaline with no investment, and the melee weapons should have a primal at melee range.

Also bigger tells in some massive one hit bursts would be amazing for balance. in all professions."

Just..kittening…Lol.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Warrior in general could need a nerf. It’s overpowered in pvp, how can it be “fine” in a game mode where you can stack even more stats.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

ive seen arc divider crits for 9k but…I had this today, autoattack doing 7.5k with 2# doing 10k.

Attachments:

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

Yeah those arc dividers hurt

Attachments:

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

ive seen arc divider crits for 9k but…I had this today, autoattack doing 7.5k with 2# doing 10k.

Wow, good thing revs have actual weaknesses like cc and condi and don’t heal for 1000 hp/sec.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Jacion.6302

What kind of drunken photo shop is this?

Arc Divider

in WvW

Ragnarox.9601

Wow, good thing revs have actual weaknesses like cc and condi and don’t heal for 1000 hp/sec.

So because of that they need to oneshot ppl with autoattack? kek.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Arkaile.5604

Arkaile.5604

No one is being one-shot by 7.5k hammer bolts from a slow weapon. Consider using blocks, reflects, or some other form of defence if you’re really having that much trouble with it. As for CoR, it’s slow and has a clear telegraph which moves forward along the ground. I’ve been hit by it twice since the release of Rev and neither of those were a one-shot.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I can’t think of any ranged aa that can hit that high, even going full yolo with offence traits.

And stop bring up crap like “oh use blocks or reflect” not everyone has access to such things while already in combat

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Choppy.4183

No one is being one-shot by 7.5k hammer bolts from a slow weapon. Consider using blocks, reflects, or some other form of defence if you’re really having that much trouble with it. As for CoR, it’s slow and has a clear telegraph which moves forward along the ground. I’ve been hit by it twice since the release of Rev and neither of those were a one-shot.

Man, (assuming the numbers are accurate) there’s no justification for 7.5k auto attacks. At range is even sillier.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Jacion.6302

Man, (assuming the numbers are accurate) there’s no justification for 7.5k auto attacks. At range is even sillier.

I can only assume the number is either bogus or glass canon melt , which would be terrible frontline without optimum group carry

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

agreed. ive seen so many exaggerated posts on forums, I don’t believe any unless pics as posted. Its as if people get so salty when they die they assume they were hit by a nuclear missile and just throw out silly numbers to justify why they died.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Its fine game is about that…. people need to embrace the damage and let it be carried, Anet wont do a thing about sanitize the dumb damage output we have.

They want to make a action game with high damage w/o adding a decent action skill combat mechanics…. its Anet were are talkign about not much can be expected besides graphics.

(p.s i know alot of people from nsp and they run some decent toughness stat builds mostly).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Choppy.4183

I can only assume the number is either bogus or glass canon melt , which would be terrible frontline without optimum group carry

I’d have assumed the same, but he didn’t dispute the number, he only tried to justify it by pointing to rev weakness to cc and condis….

That said, a rev like that (if possible) would go on the midline not the frontline. It would occupy the same space as a gunflame warrior, but more lethal. It would be insane in small group fights too.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Ragnarox.9601

My hammer 3rd autoattack is even slower and cant hit not even close to that 7.5k number. So slow moving ground 10k spammable attack is also ok? You are funny

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

15K with 3.3k armor? I’d say video or it didn’t happen. On a glass clothie, possibly. You’d have to forgo all Defense I bet. Might test it in the guild hall if I remember to.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Arc Divider

in WvW

icecreamsupernova.8956

agreed. ive seen so many exaggerated posts on forums, I don’t believe any unless pics as posted. Its as if people get so salty when they die they assume they were hit by a nuclear missile and just throw out silly numbers to justify why they died.

Except i saw it in the damage log. I very rarely ever post on the forum and didnt plan on doing so at the time. But lesson learned i will screen cap next time and i am advising guild members to do the same. A guild member screen capped gunflame hitting twice for 15k per hit so I don’t think these kind of numbers are rare. I can post the screen cap later. Granted this was on a glass thief.

sbi (shhh)

(edited by icecreamsupernova.8956)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

It’s simply not possible for this to happen, Even if all of the stars aligned in the game.

If I may interject that if all stars aligned in the game for this to not possibly happen that means that its OPS fualt for getting hit with arc devider since they are playing a necro and basically this should never happen to good players especially necros. You would have to be so far out of position for the perfect case scenario like this to happen that you were going to die anyways. Please get better at the game.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’ve been playing a semi-bunk Necromancer for about 3 years. I say “semi” because I don’t have any Healing Power in my build but it’s still very defensive in nature.

Excluding the times when skills were bugged, like Gunflame when it hit twice during beta, I’ve never been crit by another player for higher than 9k and I have 3.3k armor as well. I’ve also never been one shot from full health by anything, though I have had my health bar blasted through by good shatter Mesmers before.

Arc Divider is pretty ridiculous mostly due to it’s radius. So while I agree that it’s a bit overtuned, I’m still inclined to believe your story is exaggerated. As many others here also feel.

Check your combat log the next time something like that happens. It’s possible you were hit by more things than you think. For example, Sigil of Air/Fire or Sigil of Hydromancy. All of which can crit as high as 3k, further adding to any other damage you’re receiving.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Arc Divider

in WvW

icecreamsupernova.8956

I’ve been playing a semi-bunk Necromancer for about 3 years. I say “semi” because I don’t have any Healing Power in my build but it’s still very defensive in nature.

Excluding the times when skills were bugged, like Gunflame when it hit twice during beta, I’ve never been crit by another player for higher than 9k and I have 3.3k armor as well. I’ve also never been one shot from full health by anything, though I have had my health bar blasted through by good shatter Mesmers before.

Arc Divider is pretty ridiculous mostly due to it’s radius. So while I agree that it’s a bit overtuned, I’m still inclined to believe your story is exaggerated. As many others here also feel.

Check your combat log the next time something like that happens. It’s possible you were hit by more things than you think. For example, Sigil of Air/Fire or Sigil of Hydromancy. All of which can crit as high as 3k, further adding to any other damage you’re receiving.

Yes I am not new to the game, I have played 5 years, 6k hours, 1k on necro mostly wvw and about 6 months or so on a bunker, indeed I know that most things do not hit for more than 5k and that is rare, and yes I have checked the damage log and that’s how I knew how much it hit for, which is exactly why it seems odd. The purpose of the post wasn’t really to convince anyone here but for anet to perhaps look at and test the skill to see if it is unbalanced or ignoring armor value. Edit: also to see if anyone else had seen similar numbers and how common it is

sbi (shhh)

(edited by icecreamsupernova.8956)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Yes I am not new to the game, I have played 5 years, 6k hours, 1k on necro mostly wvw and about 6 months or so on a bunker, indeed I know that most things do not hit for more than 5k and that is rare, and yes I have checked the damage log and that’s how I knew how much it hit for, which is exactly why it seems odd. The purpose of the post wasn’t really to convince anyone here but for anet to perhaps look at and test the skill to see if it is unbalanced or ignoring armor value. Edit: also to see if anyone else had seen similar numbers and how common it is

Very common. The ammount of one-shot skills has increased significally from HoT

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Arc Divider

in WvW

Choppy.4183

Except i saw it in the damage log. I very rarely ever post on the forum and didnt plan on doing so at the time. But lesson learned i will screen cap next time and i am advising guild members to do the same. A guild member screen capped gunflame hitting twice for 15k per hit so I don’t think these kind of numbers are rare. I can post the screen cap later. Granted this was on a glass thief.

Nobody is saying 15k is impossible in a single shot, and Arc Divider can churn them out too (it’s happened to me). It’s the conditions you claimed that make it unbelievable.

Go look at Arc Divider in the wiki, note the damage/power scaling for opponents above 50%, and compare to other hard hitting skills in the game.

If you were right on your details, then the forum should be filled with screen caps of people getting hit with 30k+ Arc Dividers… and True Shots, and CoR, and Eviscerates, and Gunflames, etc, etc. I haven’t seen those posts.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Arc Divider

in WvW

icecreamsupernova.8956

Nobody is saying 15k is impossible in a single shot, and Arc Divider can churn them out too (it’s happened to me). It’s the conditions you claimed that make it unbelievable.

Go look at Arc Divider in the wiki, note the damage/power scaling for opponents above 50%, and compare to other hard hitting skills in the game.

If you were right on your details, then the forum should be filled with screen caps of people getting hit with 30k+ Arc Dividers… and True Shots, and CoR, and Eviscerates, and Gunflames, etc, etc. I haven’t seen those posts.

Regardless of the conditions which I cannot prove, I think that a skill capable of 15k damage with little visibility is quite obviously unbalanced and could do with looking at.

sbi (shhh)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Maybe being below 50% shroud counts as <50% hp.

Does stuff like panic strike or chill of death proc when getting below 50% shroud (with hp still above the treshhold)? Never really payed attention to things like this when playing necro :/

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Subversion.2580

Subversion.2580

The more interesting question here is what kind of conclusions you seek to derive from the answers to your question.

Is it possible to hit for 15k with Arc dividers even on targets with 3.3k AR? Yes, of course. You don’t even have to go that deep into the math of it, you can simply take any higher-base-damage skill (like your own Gravedigger), optimize your base stats and assume that there are more offensive modifiers than defensive modifiers to gauge its possibility or reliability. It’s fairly simple to see whether you can stack more offensive modifiers than the DR% derived from your AR value.

What’s important is context and what you aim to use the whatever data (general or detailed) for. Can Warriors hit like that? Sure, most classes can.

The Warrior as a class has always been built around the ability to maximize offensive stats around passives, that’s why you still see so many fullzerk Warriors in a meta where it is no longer norm. Sometimes that design point has been overtuned and sometimes it has not. Is it now? Maybe, but you can’t really derive that from the possibility of hitting upward 30k unmitigated hits with Arcs.

You can only really surmise that after indepth discussion among authority figures within whatever mode and scale (context) you wish to discuss it and, sadly, these forums do not really provide that kind of discussion regardless of if we talk about WvW on a solo-, small- or larger scale. We could hold those discussions but it is not really being done, or encouraged. Instead we get alot of question- or opinion threads (no offense meant).

Arc Divider

in WvW

Warlord.9074

I think that all of the stars in the game have to align for this to be possible. Possible but not probable.

Just becasue something can possibly happen inside of a vacuum chamber where everything in the universe is perfect for this scenario to happen. Doesn’t mean that it can probably happen.

The OPs story is highly exaggerated in this regard and so are many of the responses in that saying its possible. Which gives the claim made by the OP far more credit than it deserves.

Satirically speaking. A basketball player could lick his finger to fell which way the wind was blowing. Toss a basketball across a parking lot hit a light poll, then a sudden gust of wind would propel the ball a little to the left it then bounces off a car hood then hits the top of a truck lands in the hoop nothing but NET.

Yes it is possible, Probable no. Pls Nerf basketball players ANET its OP.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It’s not bogus. Actually, it can be achieved even with 2700 armor or prot.

Attachments:

Arc Divider

in WvW

Warlord.9074

Again it has to be a specific scenario for a hammer bolt to hit u that hard. You have to be below the health threshold and u have to had block or negate the previous attack. + You probably have to have vulnerability on you and the Rev has have to have max stacks, of bloodlust, and might etc etc. Just becasue something can happen it doesn’t probably happen. When It does happen its usually your fault for putting yourself in some kinda ridiculous position.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Ragnarox.9601

Again it has to be a specific scenario for a hammer bolt to hit u that hard. You have to be below the health threshold and u have to had block or negate the previous attack. + You probably have to have vulnerability on you and the Rev has have to have max stacks, of bloodlust, and might etc etc. Just becasue something can happen it doesn’t probably happen. When It does happen its usually your fault for putting yourself in some kinda ridiculous position.

Its all excuses. Autoattack dealing 10k should never exist, nor even 5k. 10k is 66% someones hp. WvW is in broken state for years, they need to balance things out.
10k autoattack followed by 10k CoR anhillate players.

They need to remove bloodlust sigils and nerf foods.

Arc Divider

in WvW

icecreamsupernova.8956

No offence but you sound a bit like someone who never steps out of a zerg. I enjoy outnumbered fights, infact I enjoy being in “ridiculous positions” but to add to that seemingly random very high damage, low skill gameplay feels a bit unfair. But this is just my oppinion and the way I enjoy and play the game.

sbi (shhh)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Arc Divider range is not the problem. Berserker HoT spec concept is the problem.

ANet nerfed Warrior’s ability to keep Adrenaline between fights because in their minds the “balance” was the ramp up time to get to a full adrenaline bar for base warrior…pick your way to get to full adrenaline – it’s usually 1/3 to half the weapon skills/traits/utilities that a Warrior has because apparently that’s the Warrior balance concept. Once Berserk is activated, you get effectively a 200% Adrenaline increase (1/3rd the full bar) and coupled with a low cooldown synergy of Smash Brawler and Versatile Power well…you get it…HoT power creep.

Nerfing Arc Divider won’t take care of it as it’ll just be replaced with one of the other burst skills.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

No offence but you sound a bit like someone who never steps out of a zerg. I enjoy outnumbered fights, infact I enjoy being in “ridiculous positions” but to add to that seemingly random very high damage, low skill gameplay feels a bit unfair. But this is just my oppinion and the way I enjoy and play the game.

Nah – it’s just Cruel Repercussion that is the culprit which is an Adept trait in a spec line built for high Fury uptime/bonus crit/high damage. But its not that Revenants need even more nerfs as Anet still hasn’t addressed One with Nature nerf because of it’s original balance nature being coupled by being affected by Facet of Nature.

Regarding Cruel Repercussion, I would severely lower the bonus damage (+10%) and the ICD (2s).

Arc Divider

in WvW

Choppy.4183

Nerfing Arc Divider won’t take care of it as it’ll just be replaced with one of the other burst skills.

Cutting the range of AD does two things: 1. it reduces the threat range for an easy and powerful hit, and 2. it reduces the ease of maintaining perma adrenal health.

It would bring the skill more in line with the other bursts.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

I never take Cruel Repercussion since its a kittenty gimmick to hit a random noob for high damage so I see now, Revenants barely have condition cleanses so I take the one on legend swap instead of that.

With full Marauder/Zerker (2700+ power, 210%+ Critical Damage but no bloodlust stacks nor damage while moving food) I’ve never hit above 12k-13k on a glass cannon with Coalescence of Ruin, it usually hits 4k’s at most on tanks and auto attacks of 2k’s on tanks as well and an average of 6k’s with CoR on zergs. Auto attacks on glass cannons are usually around 3.8k.
So blame Cruel Repercussion cause 10k on an AA, lol its no joke when people say that “Stars need to be aligned in order for that to happen”.

And stop diverting the original focus of the thread, which is Arc Divider.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)