Caedmon.6798

Had 2.9k armor.

Attachments:

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

People bring up CoR for some reason, let me explain the difference:

Arc Divider 450 pbaoe with practically no tell. It will not miss anyone in range if the hit will land.

CoR 1200 range 3/4 cast narrow cascade field with ~1-1.25sec time to dodge that also wont hit a target moving perpendicular to its travel path. Fails frequently on broken terrain.

Both skills are strong and when it comes down to comparing them the biggest difference I find is one cannot miss on a player not randomly negating while the other will only land on a player standing still or moving in line with the player on flat terrain who is out of active defensive negates.

If I were to rebalance both skills,

Arc Divider would get a radius reduction down to 300
CoR I would increase its energy cost to 15 or CD to 8sec.

Arc Divider is a melee skill…
People might think CoR is broken but its most ridiculous aspect is that there is no reason to not use it on recharge (terrain and player movement depending).

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I dodge Arc Divider all the time.

If it looks like he just covered himself in radioactive hot sauce, there’s a good chance you have an inbound Arc Divider. After the first few seconds of Rage state, the quickness ends and it’s somewhat easier.

While I agree that limiting the AD range to 300 is the way to go, I find the rev hammer to be worse due to its spamability, range, and pairing with a strong auto that also can’t be ignored.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I dodge Arc Divider all the time.

If it looks like he just covered himself in radioactive hot sauce, there’s a good chance you have an inbound Arc Divider. After the first few seconds of Rage state, the quickness ends and it’s somewhat easier.

While I agree that limiting the AD range to 300 is the way to go, I find the rev hammer to be worse due to its spamability, range, and pairing with a strong auto that also can’t be ignored.

Ya CoR does need a throttle. They could gut the damage and it would still be fine to cast on CD because it costs nothing and has no recharge.

Hammer AA is one of those things,
Slow casting fodder for CC(headshot spam anyone?)/weaving/projectile hate. But when it hits it makes up for all the times it doesn’t. 3-5k ranged AA is pretty crazy until you look at a glass cannon ranger AA for 3k @2k range with faster attack speed. The only reason ranger longbow is a joke currently is because 4 of the 5 skills are lolprojectiles and it doesn’t have any hard defensive skills to negate damage.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

People bring up CoR for some reason, let me explain the difference:

Arc Divider 450 pbaoe with practically no tell. It will not miss anyone in range if the hit will land.

CoR 1200 range 3/4 cast narrow cascade field with ~1-1.25sec time to dodge that also wont hit a target moving perpendicular to its travel path. Fails frequently on broken terrain.

Both skills are strong and when it comes down to comparing them the biggest difference I find is one cannot miss on a player not randomly negating while the other will only land on a player standing still or moving in line with the player on flat terrain who is out of active defensive negates.

If I were to rebalance both skills,

Arc Divider would get a radius reduction down to 300
CoR I would increase its energy cost to 15 or CD to 8sec.

Arc Divider is a melee skill…
People might think CoR is broken but its most ridiculous aspect is that there is no reason to not use it on recharge (terrain and player movement depending).

CoR is most broken skill in the game on 2 sec cd – why this even exist in 2017 I wonder. It need 8sec cd or 3x more energy cost.
Autoattack needs shaving too.

or bring warriors and revenants to 11k hp company group so they cant have full bers gear without consequences.

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Kiroshima.8497

Kiroshima.8497

Personally Arc Divider should have a RADIUS that matches Arcing Slice. Let Decapitate be the rangish mobile power attack with a narrow cone, while Arc Divider is the hard hitting but hits near you (run through the enemy but you can still hit them and stuff). Cause really, kiting wouldn’t be AS bad (warrior sprint isn’t op but it can make things tough) if that move didnt have a 450 radius (900 diameter centered on you). Plus, unlike decapitate, it actually benefits from the speed/quickness boost since it isn’t a “leap” skill so you have to be psychic to dodge it on reaction. It even does more damage than Arcing Slice level 3.

Just making it 300 radius would be a good start but that still irritates me, decapitate wouldn’t outrange it still =/.

Dynamics Thesis Defense Unit [UNIV] is looking for new thesis defenders.
Friendly environment, no question is too basic. Enroll Now!
~Fort Aspenwood~

Arc Divider

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

After one year, the MOST obvious ranged damage skill CoR still is used to nerf Revenant even more? Seriously. The animation is so obvious. As a Revenant myself I barely hit anyone except i just cast it aimless in a blob. And since the animation is unique in this game, I never get hit by it since its so obvious and slow.

Arc Divider on the other hand hits way outside its animation. You can see the sword, you can see the white/yellowish glow by the swing, but its like range 100 infront of my character and still hits.