Are T1/T2 servers forever permalocked now?

in WvW

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

No they arent. Right now they are based on number of accounts per server but thats gonna change ao that only wvw active accounts count. Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Invitational-Statement-from-John-Corpening-game-director-for-World-vs-World

However this may take a few months. I think it will change with HoT.

in WvW

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Servers will stay prety much where they are unless one of the 3 below happens
1. Mass exodus happens like what happend to SoR
2. Two servers tag team a server long enough for one to drop down and one comes up
3. A sever fights its way up

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

So all the players who come into wvw to do dailies and craft are going to count against the wvvw popualtion. On the top servers, there are enough PVE players that come in to do dailies, craft or use portals to keep the server full forever. IN addition, server lockouts such as this on other games results in increased value of top server accounts causing players to NEVER move the accounts off the full servers, but instead when players realize how much their accounts are now worth, they sell them to the highest bidder. Players just no longer transfer to the top servers, they then buy accounts that are already there instead turning full servers into gold farms with sellers trying to buy up every PVE parked account on that server to mark up the price and resell. Depending on a games popularity and supply and demand of accounts, some accounts in games will sell for thousands of dollars and this will be the new cost to transfer to T1. The accounts stay on T1, they just change owners.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So all the players who come into wvw to do dailies and craft are going to count against the wvvw popualtion. On the top servers, there are enough PVE players that come in to do dailies, craft or use portals to keep the server full forever.

This is actually a good point and something I hope they considered in the caps but somehow I doubt it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

So all the players who come into wvw to do dailies and craft are going to count against the wvvw popualtion. On the top servers, there are enough PVE players that come in to do dailies, craft or use portals to keep the server full forever.

This is actually a good point and something I hope they considered in the caps but somehow I doubt it.

They said that are taking that into consideration. I mean they have logs for everything in this game.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

They said that are taking that into consideration. I mean they have logs for everything in this game.

I guess Samuel did say :“it’s looking at many aspects of the ways players are interacting with WvW to determine a server population.” which would cover it but it would still be nice to have it confirmed.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

2. Two servers tag team a server long enough for one to drop down and one comes up

Agreed. Very few people will leave a locked server, and with players returning after HoT drops those that are full now will stay full for the foreseeable future. You will probably see even more go full with returning players added to the count.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

There are two more possibilities:
4. HoT attracts many new WvW player increasing the pop of T3+
5. Servers are merged/closed

T1 vs T2 is currently not match locked. YB has a small change of replacing TC or BG in T1.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Rynter.3975

Rynter.3975

The way it is on Yak’s Bend right now is that we had to call of nightly WvW because Fort Aspenwood and Sea of Sorrows are no shows, and no fights are to be found. This is probably because a bunch of T1 guilds transferred to our server a few weeks ago to try to boost it up to T1 and shake things up, and ever since Yak’s Bend has been absolutely crushing the other two T2 servers, so they don’t bother showing up after Monday or Tuesday night.

The Glicko system sucks balls, as does the whole current state of affairs concerning Worlds, overpopulation/underpopulation and servers facing each other for months on end.

I feel like WvW needs to be redesigned in some way. Why not, Lion’s Arch went through 2 or 3 redesigns, they could put some time into WvW, right??? haha

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

The way it is on Yak’s Bend right now is that we had to call of nightly WvW because Fort Aspenwood and Sea of Sorrows are no shows, and no fights are to be found. This is probably because a bunch of T1 guilds transferred to our server a few weeks ago to try to boost it up to T1 and shake things up, and ever since Yak’s Bend has been absolutely crushing the other two T2 servers, so they don’t bother showing up after Monday or Tuesday night.

The Glicko system sucks balls, as does the whole current state of affairs concerning Worlds, overpopulation/underpopulation and servers facing each other for months on end.

I feel like WvW needs to be redesigned in some way. Why not, Lion’s Arch went through 2 or 3 redesigns, they could put some time into WvW, right??? haha

The way glicko rating works, if a server were to move up from T2 to T1, it will have to crush the other two T2 remaining servers. Otherwise, have to wait for Anet to adjust glicko manually for some matchup variation.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

I am on YB at this time. They go up to T1 they will get spanked like its there birthday. Right not, yea YB are monsters, FA and SOS dont even show up, they jump to T1 and try and hang with the big boys, they are gonna get steam rolled.

I myself Don’t wanna be in T1, so YB makes the jump, Im outa there and will Go either back to T2or a T3 server.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I’m currently on one of those servers facing you, but I tend to go PvP the moment you guys cover all exits in siege and spawn camp, or if you constantly respond to yak snipes with 10+ or just your general orange swords on a solo player to which over 50% of the zerg stops to jump on you….. There’s also 0 roamers to be found unless you’re keen on searching for nearly an hour, from what I can tell they’ve all been zerged off the maps or made much bigger groups.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

I’m also on one of the opposing servers, but mine was already mostly dead even in NA prime. The T1 exodus onto YB simply sealed the deal that there was little left to do for guilds that didn’t want to PPT back. You’ll find that SoS has a decent population that tries to backcap at night and FA tries harder going into EU prime, but we’re both just waiting for T3 to come and take us in… eventually. ;P

Ele for Hire

in WvW

Posted by: Rynter.3975

Rynter.3975

Seems like we all got screwed due to the T1 exodus into YB.

All due to ANet being incapable of making a system in which we don’t face the same opponents for months on end.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

More than anything else – stale matchups where you probably know the “winner” 20 minutes after reset kills the experience. I’d rather get spanked every now and then or roll every now and then against different opponents. Sorry fa / SOS – I am bored (was very fun for the first few months).

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Jay.7546

Jay.7546

I’m in FA, we spent months rolling YB even with their never ending supply of siege, open field Balis and ACs, and tower/portal/guard hugging. All sound YB tactics. FA should have at least earned one week in T1 back then. YB now has the numbers and should face JQ or TC. I know, I see their blob as I sit here on the veranda at spawn. They are just outside en masse helping us out. They are making it easy for us to find them so we don’t have to run too far. Very considerate. Anyone who comes into WvW now from SOS or FA is stone cold hardcore. Who wants to deal with having every tower with half a dozen scouts who hug portals and guards and won’t fight only to have called out for the 40 YBers to come roll the 6 of us on a cata or ram. I’ve tried to roam and there are hardly any roamers now. I’ve been stomped by a dozen who then show me some beautiful dance moves and display how well they can toss siege on me in case my corpse was getting cold. Upgrades lol I map watch, I know back capping and then leaving is all that I can do, Ktraining at its best. Would like to see more done in front of spawn like make the other teams stats go half or a quarter effectiveness and remove their ability to toss siege or make the legendaries have a much greater range.

in WvW

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Well they kind of have any right to be there like any other, they just have a different role and contribution, as with everything in life. We are 1 server where everyone is counting, each server has similiar circumstances.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If it helps any, T1 is in a sad state as well. We had 30 players in TS for all 4 maps at the start of NA Prime. That’s it… 30! Players just aren’t logging into WvW anymore. The mode got hit hard with the Golem rush event, the ridiculous transfer’s to YB, and now the server lock downs. I don’t know which of them was the straw or if it was the combination of all 3 but, a lot of players seem to be completely done with the game and WvW for now.

So GJ! to those involved in such things, you successfully imploded the mode.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Liston.9708

Well they kind of have any right to be there like any other, they just have a different role and contribution, as with everything in life. We are 1 server where everyone is counting, each server has similiar circumstances.

Daily is sort of hard to argue if it helps the server or just the player…. If they only do the daily and leave, I’d say just the player, but that could be hard track. Crafting/banking/trade posting does nothing for the server…… I do these myself, but am conscious of when I am eating space others could use for more productive activities….

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

That golem event… I try to forget about it. You’re kind of right, though. Golem rush happened, I spent the week in PvE because too many uplevels whined we were killing the ktrains. The following week, half of T1 invaded T2 only to make it meaningless to find good fights. The week after that, all the GvG guilds left leaving very little to fight (sieged up keeps don’t count). It’s just as well; I’m actually enjoying getting back into dungeons, discovering new builds, and playing something that isn’t my ele. I miss the WvW of yesteryear, but I fear it’s pretty much dead until something shakes it up – and not a disaster like Golem Week. :\

Ele for Hire

in WvW

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

There are two more possibilities:
4. HoT attracts many new WvW player increasing the pop of T3+
5. Servers are merged/closed

T1 vs T2 is currently not match locked. YB has a small change of replacing TC or BG in T1.

4. Time will tell
5. Highly doubt Anet will merge/close low populated servers and its been brought up several times here on the forum and not much been done.

like I said servers will stay prety much where they are unless one of the 3 above situations happen.

YB has better chance to replace TC before it stands a chance to replace BG unless they get some coverage and hardcore WvW transfers..

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

This is why they should have always had the first place goes up and third place goes down system. Yes sometimes it would cause a weekly blowout but it would have created variety and most likely would encourage some server balancing.

Right now with RNG rolls blowouts happen anyways so really at least you would know who was going to walk all over you instead of SURPRISE You just had a T3 server thrown into T5 (over exaggeration but close enough).

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

IT will take a while before yaks bend ,will go up to T1 the top 3 servers is well organized and will not let YB’s to go up that easy ,,,,,,,,eta maybe 1/2 year’s .

in WvW

Posted by: Chi.2943

Chi.2943

I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to transfer now. I’ve been trying to transfer from kitten T2 for a week straight now with no success. If anybody has actually successfully transferred to T1/T2 recently, please post to prove me wrong. Hoping somebody had success, because that will mean that it’s improbable but not impossible….

Nubbie [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I think given the influx of GvG guilds to T3, there likely would be a shake up t2-t3 … Which would make being on those six servers a lot of fun.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I think someone should start a PTSD support group for those who made it through the golem event. I’ll bring cupcakes.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Liston.9708

I think someone should start a PTSD support group for those who made it through the golem event. I’ll bring cupcakes.

Made it through fine on my alt uplevels. That was the only thing it was good for k training…

in WvW

Posted by: reinforever.8902

reinforever.8902

I’m in FA, we spent months rolling YB even with their never ending supply of siege, open field Balis and ACs, and tower/portal/guard hugging. All sound YB tactics. FA should have at least earned one week in T1 back then. YB now has the numbers and should face JQ or TC. I know, I see their blob as I sit here on the veranda at spawn. They are just outside en masse helping us out. They are making it easy for us to find them so we don’t have to run too far. Very considerate. Anyone who comes into WvW now from SOS or FA is stone cold hardcore. Who wants to deal with having every tower with half a dozen scouts who hug portals and guards and won’t fight only to have called out for the 40 YBers to come roll the 6 of us on a cata or ram. I’ve tried to roam and there are hardly any roamers now. I’ve been stomped by a dozen who then show me some beautiful dance moves and display how well they can toss siege on me in case my corpse was getting cold. Upgrades lol I map watch, I know back capping and then leaving is all that I can do, Ktraining at its best. Would like to see more done in front of spawn like make the other teams stats go half or a quarter effectiveness and remove their ability to toss siege or make the legendaries have a much greater range.

I roam on YB, usually solo or with 1 or 2 people! Come find me!

in WvW

Posted by: DontPaniC.8740

DontPaniC.8740

People are tired of fighting the same severs for 5 months. People were looking for changes and then the golem event happend. But sadly its the opposite of what people wanted. It was hell. So WvW is going to be dead untill we get a turnament with actual good rewards to fight for. And one new map is not going to change that with a expansion. If Anet wont take the game seriously why should the people that have been playing it for the past 2+ years?

in WvW

Posted by: Chi.2943

Chi.2943

I don’t understand what anet is going to gain from locking the servers like this. They are losing on on gem transfer revenue, people coming back to the game and find out that their guild has transferred can’t transfer and will probably quit the game now, and new players can’t roll on the same server as their friends and will quit shortly after.

What happens when the masses come flooding back near expac release and they find out that they can’t roll/transfer to the same server as their friends/guilds? You think the rage is bad now, wait until the returning player pain train comes rolling through.

Nubbie [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

If it helps any, T1 is in a sad state as well. We had 30 players in TS for all 4 maps at the start of NA Prime. That’s it… 30! Players just aren’t logging into WvW anymore. The mode got hit hard with the Golem rush event, the ridiculous transfer’s to YB, and now the server lock downs. I don’t know which of them was the straw or if it was the combination of all 3 but, a lot of players seem to be completely done with the game and WvW for now.

I think right now in the middle of summer sunshine when there has not been any real new content in GW2 in 8 months, almost a year since the last WvW tourney and people are jumping on and off the HoT hype train like it is going out of style is probably the worst time to make any sort of sweeping statements about the state of WvW populations on any given tier. We all know T1 is so overfull in NA timezones at least that it is likely double the new cap and we all know tons of people are on “holiday” for whatever reason right now so lets not starting crying about how we can’t play that super stacker game anymore covering our lulls with MOAR players. Lest we forget that is how we all ended up this mess in the first place with a community so diluted and lackluster that it is hard to care about. We pretty much broke it ourselves and I don’t envy ANET trying to find the least harmful fix for the long run but dang, you gotta give it a little bit of time people.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

I think right now in the middle of summer sunshine when there has not been any real new content in GW2 in 8 months, almost a year since the last WvW tourney and people are jumping on and off the HoT hype train like it is going out of style is probably the worst time to make any sort of sweeping statements about the state of WvW populations on any given tier. We all know T1 is so overfull in NA timezones at least that it is likely double the new cap and we all know tons of people are on “holiday” for whatever reason right now so lets not starting crying about how we can’t play that super stacker game anymore covering our lulls with MOAR players. Lest we forget that is how we all ended up this mess in the first place with a community so diluted and lackluster that it is hard to care about. We pretty much broke it ourselves and I don’t envy ANET trying to find the least harmful fix for the long run but dang, you gotta give it a little bit of time people.

Not really, from day 1 of this game being released Arenanet has always said that they want us as players to “play the game however we want, with whomever we want, without being forced to do things we don’t want to do [I am paraphrasing here but that is the essence of what they said].”

This new change simply goes against their own ideological principles of how the game should be.

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

in WvW

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Not really, from day 1 of this game being released Arenanet has always said that they want us as players to “play the game however we want, with whomever we want, without being forced to do things we don’t want to do [I am paraphrasing here but that is the essence of what they said].”

This new change simply goes against their own ideological principles of how the game should be.

At one point, “play how you want” has to make room for practicality and quality of life.

There’s nothing practical or good in letting every single GW2 player enter the same winning WvW server just cause they want to win because it’d destroy the very same WvW people want to enjoy.

in WvW

MomentofWeakness.1246

At one point, “play how you want” has to make room for practicality and quality of life.

There’s nothing practical or good in letting every single GW2 player enter the same winning WvW server just cause they want to win because it’d destroy the very same WvW people want to enjoy.

You are seriously exaggerating if you really think that every single player that does WvW would all go to 1 single server…

WvW Commander – NA PST

in WvW

stof.9341

You are seriously exaggerating if you really think that every single player that does WvW would all go to 1 single server…

No but there 0 chance the populations will end up balanced.

Look, even the “I want to play with my friends” thing only makes population imbalance worse. Because if a server has more population, then those players have more friends too. Allowing friends to enter will average into making the population imbalance worse if such a policy was put in place.

in WvW

MomentofWeakness.1246

No but there 0 chance the populations will end up balanced.

Look, even the “I want to play with my friends” thing only makes population imbalance worse. Because if a server has more population, then those players have more friends too. Allowing friends to enter will average into making the population imbalance worse if such a policy was put in place.

Or maybe you could take the approach I took which was to suggest a different way to balancing tiers that didn’t base it on population. As you just said “there is 0 chance populations will end up balanced.” So essentially the solution has to be based around something else…

WvW Commander – NA PST

in WvW

stof.9341

There’s 0 chance the populations will end up balanced if you leave it to the player themselves with no hard rules to enforce balance.

in WvW

MomentofWeakness.1246

There’s 0 chance the populations will end up balanced if you leave it to the player themselves with no hard rules to enforce balance.

You won’t balance it either way. Population is constantly changing in this game and it will never be a fixed value. People stop playing, new people buy the game, new people enter WvW as a game mode, the list goes on… and on… and on…So don’t you think it would be better to search for a solution that doesn’t revolve around a metric that is so volatile and inconsistent? Thats all I am saying, there has got to be a way to bring balance without trying to create “fixed” populations because no servers are ever going to have a population that doesn’t change on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis.

WvW Commander – NA PST

in WvW

Posted by: CDUB.1645

CDUB.1645

If they wont merge servers. Why not make top t1 server and bottom tier servers join forces for WVW. 2nd t1 server team up with 2nd to last in bottom tier…..this may provide better more balanced wvw fights…..just do this for wvw.

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

I’ll start by saying that T2, at least, has lost significant numbers to T3. Most of those were GvG guilds, and the hangers on of GvG guilds. YB was queueing 4 maps all weekend 3 weeks ago, but last night we only had EB and home BL with low teens on the queue. Some of this may be burnout, or people avoiding WvW due to the lack of any volatility in the matchups.

It seems that T1/T2 matchups are at least semi-permalocked for the foreseeable future, and I would hazard a guess that the population lock won’t change until the matchups do.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

You do realize that the core design of WvWvW is self sabotaging, right? An international gaming community playing an open world conquest mode that’s 24/7 scoring for a week on not one but four different maps will never be balanced. Ever. And if I couldn’t play with my friends, then that’s pretty good reason to not play the game and I wouldn’t ask them to come down to a server that’s dead when we play.

There could have been large scale conquest/deathmatch arenas for various sized groups, instead we have people crying about pug communities as if people aren’t transferring/taking breaks/outright quitting and impacting the servers anyway, population is fluid, sorry it’s just what it is.

Instanced arenas for pug and pre-made large scale combat (conquest/death match/whatever) could have worked. Ditch the anonymous names for enemies and you’ll see familiar faces and new ones too, right now it doesn’t stop trash talk, it just lumps players under a banner of “other”. There would still be community and team pride and melee trains/ ranged bombs/roamers/scouts/pick teams and now you can get worthwhile rewards and even have leaderboards because the teams are <gasp> balanced! They could have rotated one PvE map every week that had PvP enabled (don’t like PvP, don’t go to the map, there are a dozen more to choose from), so people can roam and brawl and fight over bosses that have special skin drops, whatever just no ridiculous scoreboard.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

You do realize that the core design of WvWvW is self sabotaging, right? An international gaming community playing an open world conquest mode that’s 24/7 scoring for a week on not one but four different maps will never be balanced. Ever. And if I couldn’t play with my friends, then that’s pretty good reason to not play the game and I wouldn’t ask them to come down to a server that’s dead when we play.

This is pretty much why there should be no overall server caps and the driver for population control should be simply the map caps. They can do this and still retain a gem cost for movements just make it a standard cost for any movement.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

not 100% obviously, but enough will do it that things will be ridiculous unbalanced. Have you seen the current T2 matchup and the result of people bandwagoning to YB? Or any of the previous bandwagons from matchups gone by? I mean back when free server transfers was a thing I remember IoJ owning every single objective on every single map in the matchup and everything was fully upgraded. It was boring for all involved.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

You won’t balance it either way. Population is constantly changing in this game and it will never be a fixed value. People stop playing, new people buy the game, new people enter WvW as a game mode, the list goes on… and on… and on…So don’t you think it would be better to search for a solution that doesn’t revolve around a metric that is so volatile and inconsistent? Thats all I am saying, there has got to be a way to bring balance without trying to create “fixed” populations because no servers are ever going to have a population that doesn’t change on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis.

It will indeed never be “perfectly” fixed, however, perfection isn’t what we should be looking at. Rather, prevention and deterrence are what we should be looking at. Without a cap in place, one of the servers would already have been reaching the capacity to queue 24/7. If you think such thing won’t occur, it just means that you have not played enough MMOs to know what kind of disaster players capable of creating.

The server cap is absolutely necessary and there is nothing wrong with it. One can only blame themselves to be at the top servers which naturally expected to be full.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

6. I invent a time machine to go back in time, stopping them from allowing server transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It will indeed never be “perfectly” fixed, however, perfection isn’t what we should be looking at. Rather, prevention and deterrence are what we should be looking at. Without a cap in place, one of the servers would already have been reaching the capacity to queue 24/7. If you think such thing won’t occur, it just means that you have not played enough MMOs to know what kind of disaster players capable of creating.

The server cap is absolutely necessary and there is nothing wrong with it. One can only blame themselves to be at the top servers which naturally expected to be full.

Those SEA players have a good point though. The player population has attritioned to a point where there’s not enough in their timezone to support more than one tier. They simply can’t spread out and still have fun.

I think their best solution is just to mass-transfer down to T8 where there’s likely enough room for them all. Then they just have to make sure all the servers in T8 stay T8 — not too hard since T1 players have plenty of experience with that.

in WvW

Posted by: Teel.9036

Teel.9036

Piken Square (EU) just went from Full to Very High.

Teelie l VoTF

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Piken Square (EU) just went from Full to Very High.

Ack! Shaddup!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

stof.9341

Those SEA players have a good point though. The player population has attritioned to a point where there’s not enough in their timezone to support more than one tier. They simply can’t spread out and still have fun.

I think their best solution is just to mass-transfer down to T8 where there’s likely enough room for them all. Then they just have to make sure all the servers in T8 stay T8 — not too hard since T1 players have plenty of experience with that.

In my opinion, a lot of what’s wrong with WvW comes from catering to SEA players and the problem of coverage wars they pose :o

ANet should create a special group of WvW servers for them that only open in their timezone, and change the others to only open in primetime.

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

SEA players would have plenty to do if they weren’t all stacked on just a few servers. Now you have even more wanting to move to JQ? I could maybe feel a bit of empathy if they wanted to go somewhere to counter JQ SEA, but wanting to go to the most stacked SEA in T1?