Are there any even tiers?

in WvW

Posted by: Murderin.8269

Murderin.8269

Pretty tired of my current server. Either we obliterate the enemy team and they all leave the map, or the opposite happens. Id prefer a more even matchup.

Id like to avoid servers that are only populated in WvW at certain times of the day. If any exist.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

T1-T2. They play the coverage game the best.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Murderin.8269

You are everywhere lol

Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Shameless plug but there is always something going on in WvW on TC (Tarnished Coast), and we welcome any WvWers looking for a new home.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

You are everywhere lol

Thanks

I’m bored at work. Please break your home security systems so I have something to fix. tia

Also there are some lower tiers that claim to have even matches, but I can’t remember them anymore. I’m sure they’ll chime in.

in WvW

Posted by: santi.7516

santi.7516

Pretty tired of my current server. Either we obliterate the enemy team and they all leave the map, or the opposite happens. Id prefer a more even matchup.

Id like to avoid servers that are only populated in WvW at certain times of the day. If any exist.

If you want, you can help us to build that tier, come to Yak’s Bend, we need WvW Oceanics/SEA/EU/ETC players <3.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

As some said above, T1.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Sevenn.3085

Sevenn.3085

T2, T4, T6, and T8 are all even tiers.

Hope this helps

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

in WvW

Murderin.8269

Hope this helps

There is nothing even about T4, that is why i want to transfer off.

in WvW

Murderin.8269

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Looks like T1 and T2 are the best choice based on score, any players from those servers have an opinion on how sporadic the population is?

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

Hope this helps

lol. I hope I’m not the only one that notices the endless humor on the forums.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Murderin.8269

Hope this helps

lol. I hope I’m not the only one that notices the endless humor on the forums.

Which part is humorous?

Edit: I get it. Even numbers.

(edited by Murderin.8269)

in WvW

Posted by: Raynor.1973

Raynor.1973

Looks like T1 and T2 are the best choice based on score, any players from those servers have an opinion on how sporadic the population is?

Blackgate player here. T1 is kind of imbalanced right now. JQ has a HUGE American primetime population, whereas BG has a much larger Oceanic presence. SoR is making things worse by turning T1 into a 2v1 against BG out of spite until Kaineng inevitably overtakes them in rating, thus turning T1 into a mess of indignant raging for now. Once Kaineng overtakes SoR, T1 will be absolutely golden.

Roy Raynor, Tactics Warrior
Shaquille O Norn, Ridiculously Tall Guardian
Violent Tendencies [vT] on Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

T2 is a fairly awesome matchup at the moment; pretty much even with each server having their own peak time. As for sporadic population, FA & TC have a coverage gap in SEA time but there’s still action all the time. Speaking for FA, there’s barely any queues outside of NA prime, and even then they’re short and only on 1 map usually.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Unfortunately.5940)

in WvW

Posted by: Raynor.1973

Raynor.1973

T2 is a fairly awesome matchup at the moment; pretty much even with each server having their own peak time. As for sporadic population, FA & TC have a coverage gap in SEA time but there’s still action all the time. Speaking for FA, there’s barely any queues outside of NA prime, and even then they’re short and only on 1 map usually.

Oh god, you guys are gonna have to put up with SoR soon. I’m so sorry.

I can only hope they leave their rivalry with BG at the door and keep things civil in T2 when they get there.

Roy Raynor, Tactics Warrior
Shaquille O Norn, Ridiculously Tall Guardian
Violent Tendencies [vT] on Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

With the lockdown in free player transfers, T1 is remarkebly stable. There is action, mostly balanced action 24/7 across all the current servers in there at the moment.

T1 is the barometer between sporadic and stable. 90% of the time it sits in the stable region.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Murderin.8269

T1 and T2 both sound great.

Gonna be hard to pick a server. Thanks for the info guys.

in WvW

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

T6 was really even when it was BP/AR/DH, but then IoJ fell and BP moved up and now it’s no bueno

T5 has potential when it’s AR/BP/EBay which very well could be next week. The glorious reunification of Brolis Rock with newly AR’s newly re-energized (still the same regulars, but now we have people who are new to WvW) WvW pop and Borlis’ Borlisness should be beautiful and painted in fine oils on crisp golden canvases. Then it will devolve into a lot of trolling and accusations of being filthy night cappers and playing for second.

I just really miss playing Borlis. You hear me Borlis? Fighting blue people is so weird and there’s something wrong in the world when you’re blue and we’re green ;_;

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

Look at t7! The match up this week is so close!

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

Tier 2 has been pretty close these past two weeks with KA/TC/FA. All three servers have great communities and solid WvW populations. Of course, I am bias to FA but any of the three would be a good choice.

You can check out more info on FA at our community site in my signature

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Mattamis.8143

Mattamis.8143

T3 finally made its way to “even” territory with SoS and YB on board… whispers join DB

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Blackgate player here. T1 is kind of imbalanced right now. JQ has a HUGE American primetime population, whereas BG has a much larger Oceanic presence. SoR is making things worse by turning T1 into a 2v1 against BG out of spite until Kaineng inevitably overtakes them in rating, thus turning T1 into a mess of indignant raging for now. Once Kaineng overtakes SoR, T1 will be absolutely golden.

Ignore this guy. Look at his post history and you will see that the only thing he posts about is how angry he is that he is getting 2v1’d in a game designed around ensuring every server gets 2v1’d. He doesn’t understand how the game works and is angry, so should be disregarded.

He also doesn’t understand glicko judging by his last line of rant and rage.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

T1 reality:

JQ pretty much has a force 24-7 with the rare exception of a timezone or two where they have temporarily lost the will to fight.

BG has the second best coverage, but not enough to manage the JQ hoards.

SoR is the underdog here due to lack of population during non NA hours. They do have a very dedicated guilds that play in non NA hours that do the best they can, but are always fighting uphill against superior numbers.

If you want constant actions and fights, and play at any time other than NA primetime ….SoR is a good choice. If play during NA, it looks like BG could use the help then because they are the bottom rung at prime time.

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

See what you did Maguuma?

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

You’re going to end up spending a lot of money if you transfer everytime tiers become unbalanced.

Tiers that are balanced now may not be in a month when one of the servers loses its spot.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Murderin.8269

You’re going to end up spending a lot of money if you transfer everytime tiers become unbalanced.

Tiers that are balanced now may not be in a month when one of the servers loses its spot.

Its not just the uneven tier that im stuck in, its my servers lack of population when im the most active. They can only break 200PPT when im asleep and the 2-3 zerg guilds we have start running.

Other than that small time window we get obliterated with no active commanders for hours at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

T5, T6, and T7 have the best potential for even matches in the long run. T6 was the closest by far when it was BP/AR/NSP, but NSP and BP both moved tiers, one up one down.

AR looks promising to move up and reunite with BP in T5, which will be very fun, as we have a massive history between those 2 servers.

T6 could very well stabilize again soon depending on how much further IOJ falls and whether AR can overtake DR, if so it looks to be a lot of fun. At the moment T7 is the closest this week with GOM and NSP both fighting to move back up into T6.

The skill differences between the bottom 2 of T5 and the top of T6 seem very small, and the same goes for T6 and T7. So really, you cant go wrong with any of the servers except for maybe IOJ, HoD, and Ebay, but that’s only because IOJ hasn’t stabilized yet, Ebay is really a T4 server on loan (they like to rotate out the losing server quite often) and HoD doesn’t look like it will move up to T6 and be able to compete with GOM and NSP if they start climbing.

I hate to dissuade people from joining servers that are in a pinch, but if you’re looking for close fights, I’d wait it out a bit more before considering those servers, because they will either be the bullies, or be bullied in their tier for the foreseeable future.

Having said that, If you are considering between AR and BP, pick AR. They have less numbers so you will make more of an impact here than you would there if it turns out we meet again. Also, Dark Aidget smells like poo and the cookies she will inevitably offer you are stale, whereas the muffins we offer here at AR are baked fresh daily and always tasty.

Either way, all 3 tiers are on the verge or re-stabilizing, so give it a week or so and reevaluate then for best results. Happy Hunting!

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

If you have any questions about TC in tier 2 feel free to contact me and i’ll find a way to get you what you need to know.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Hope this helps

o mah gurd – I just got this. I read your reply this morning when I was drinking my coffee and it went right over my head. Props good sir.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

T3 has the most ebon flow coverage. I’ve been t1/2 and now 3 out of them all 3 has the best atmosphere for someone not wanting zergs but still likes guild groups. 1/2 is a Zerg and is about #s you lose that in t3 so hope that helps.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in WvW

Murderin.8269

If you have any questions about TC in tier 2 feel free to contact me and i’ll find a way to get you what you need to know.

My GF wants us to go to TC. I heard it has a great community too.

Is there a lot of really awkward role playing going on? Thats my only concern with that server.

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Tier 7 from 5 mins ago score.

Henge of Denravi 114 522
Northern Shiverpeaks 114 425
Gates of Madness 112 106

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Murderin.8269

Tier 7 from 5 mins ago score.

Henge of Denravi 114 522
Northern Shiverpeaks 114 425
Gates of Madness 112 106

Thats about as even as it gets, but i would like to avoid dropping down tiers.

in WvW

Murderin.8269

Is melee play possible against the large zergs of T1?

in WvW

Posted by: gnarkiller.1862

gnarkiller.1862

Is there a lot of really awkward role playing going on? Thats my only concern with that server.

It can be really annoying if you don’t like that sort of thing. Imagine doing a fractal or dungeon and someone is roleplaying a character that is dumb and clumsy and “accidentally” sets off every trap, goes in the wrong direction, or falls to his death. People do stuff like this and think it’s ok because it’s the character they created.

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

T7 has to be the most even tier right now

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Catixie.6351

Catixie.6351

It can be really annoying if you don’t like that sort of thing. Imagine doing a fractal or dungeon and someone is roleplaying a character that is dumb and clumsy and “accidentally” sets off every trap, goes in the wrong direction, or falls to his death. People do stuff like this and think it’s ok because it’s the character they created.

Haha well at least I will have my perfect excuse if we do move there

Katixie TC

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

KN will never overtake SoR so your lapdogs in KN will never be able to 2v1 JQ with you. Give it a rest. You guys are in third place now while sor is gaining rating. Have fun back down in tier two.

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

T1 QQ knows no bounds. This is why you avoid T1 at all costs.

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Lol this is totally untrue. Goodness people like to invent all kinds of things.

That said, to the OP, if you are worried about WoW-like RP, it’s not like that at all.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/5482182-skinned-clown

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/5482182-skinned-clown

Yeah can’t say I’ve run into that fellah. Is that you visiting TC?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

I swear I saw that guy hiding in my closet last night.

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

KN will never overtake SoR so your lapdogs in KN will never be able to 2v1 JQ with you. Give it a rest. You guys are in third place now while sor is gaining rating. Have fun back down in tier two.

Come on Smokey. The post you quoted didn’t even deserve a response, let alone need one with an aggressively defensive tone.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Murderin.8269

Can anyone give some info on this? Keep your server bickering in your WvW thread if possible, thanks.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Op, if you want to get a hold of the weirdness that is TC, read one of the 800pg match up thread. If you can’t stomach it for more than 20 pages, then that’s not the server for you.

Yeah can’t say I’ve run into that fellah. Is that you visiting TC?

No, that is an actual player on TC.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Join Kain, we have WvW fun always. But I don’t know if it’s too expensive to transfer here. Many fun guilds and commanders. Heck even server wide karakoe has started last week.

For real though, if your one of those ultra serious, ragers … maybe T1 better for ya, T2 more casual fun, with good coverage from NA prime through SEA or EU (I say or, because it’s really one or the other in T2).

@ SmokeyNYY – really… calling a whole server (kaineng) lapdogs just because we played against BG and had a good fun couple weeks of WvW together? Don’t forget, when battle comes, regardless of whom it is, we kaineng (just like you) fight to be the last one standing. No one likes repair bills, doesn’t matter who the fight is against, it’s wvw and all out war always.

We actually like battling good strong guilds, even if we lose, just to learn and improve. We never had the treat of RG popping in, but we still learn from every enemy, or every guild we clash with. Win or lose, its what you take to the battles after that matters. Your right, we may not over take your server, but we don’t care atm, just care about the current weeks match, no sense looking past opponents who put this much fight to us already.

Keep calm and carry on. Catch ya on the battlefield.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Q: “Is melee play possible against the large zergs of T1?”

And yes, melee is amazing against zergs. But not alone. You will die fast, like a bag of potatoes. I’m a front line hammer in RE, on Kaineng. One of many melee characters we have on the server.

In even numbers, melee are amazing in open field zerg versus zerg, or guild versus guild. I’m sure the other professions would say the same about themselves, but seeing as you asked about melee… YES. Big yes, absolutely big yes. Reason – we make or break the push when your movement deems and are one of the primary combo blast finishers for our necros and eles.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

Can anyone give some info on this? Keep your server bickering in your WvW thread if possible, thanks.

Melee play is possible in any tier. The biggest difference I think it’s what constitutes a “zerg” between tiers and you can draw from that. In T3 for example, I think it’s safe to say a zerg is 20+. In T2, a zerg is more like 40+. Scale around that for havok squads, camp flippers, etc. Tier only really means population. Higher the tier, higher the population, so bigger the groups. It gets fun for some as you increase in tiers because you can find more ongoing, battles as you approach 24/7 coverage.

Talk to Maguuma if you want more info on zerging. They despise small group activities and only zerg.

FA Mesmo – [VK]