Are there any even tiers?

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Talk to Maguuma if you want more info on zerging. They despise small group activities and only zerg.

Can you stop (trying to) import drama? We are having a serious discussion about the possibility of yet another player moving to TC.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Look at t7! The match up this week is so close!

No don’t look, stay away.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Oh got kitten it is! How much has NSP accused you of hacking, double teaming and called you unskilled zerglings?

Nope, because they aren’t. Unlike AR.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

I love the irony of a post like this. The tier is even due to the exact numbers they currently have. As soon as you look to move to an even tier, your going to be throwing out the numbers (sure one person might not make that much of a difference (though it might)) But as soon as you have a guild or more start moving, the tier is no longer even.

Always better to look for a tier where your move can make it even. That of course requires the individual/guild to look at the server’s that are not winning in a tier, and doing enough research to find out how many, in what timezone etc is needed to even up the tier.

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

Oh got kitten it is! How much has NSP accused you of hacking, double teaming and called you unskilled zerglings?

Nope, because they aren’t. Unlike AR.

Well that’s just like… your opinion man…

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in WvW

Posted by: Murderin.8269

Murderin.8269

I love the irony of a post like this. The tier is even due to the exact numbers they currently have. As soon as you look to move to an even tier, your going to be throwing out the numbers (sure one person might not make that much of a difference (though it might)) But as soon as you have a guild or more start moving, the tier is no longer even.

Always better to look for a tier where your move can make it even. That of course requires the individual/guild to look at the server’s that are not winning in a tier, and doing enough research to find out how many, in what timezone etc is needed to even up the tier.

I’m not stupid enough to believe my presence alone will change the ranking of a server.

I’m just trying to find better and more consistent competition.

in WvW

Murderin.8269

Talk to Maguuma if you want more info on zerging. They despise small group activities and only zerg.

Can you stop (trying to) import drama? We are having a serious discussion about the possibility of yet another player moving to TC.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not (its hard to tell with you) but TC is certainly persuasive.

Have a lot of people transferred to TC or something?

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

I think TC is love/hate for a lot of people. If you beat TC, you love them (BG/KN). If you’ve lost to them, you hate them (FA/Mag). Gracious in defeat….worst…winners…ever.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

KN will never overtake SoR so your lapdogs in KN will never be able to 2v1 JQ with you. Give it a rest. You guys are in third place now while sor is gaining rating. Have fun back down in tier two.

Come on Smokey. The post you quoted didn’t even deserve a response, let alone need one with an aggressively defensive tone.

You are right. I just always see posters from BG saying that KN is coming to tier one and SoR is dropping to tier two when its obviously not even close to happening. Also sorry for attempting to discredit KN in saying they will be BG’s lapdogs. I kind of meant that BG expects KN to not fight them if they come up to tier one because of how well they got along in tier two. I respect KN very much.

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

My GF wants us to go to TC. I heard it has a great community too.

Is there a lot of really awkward role playing going on? Thats my only concern with that server.

Yes, and as a non rper I LOVE IT.
It adds flavor and fun to the server world. It adds much and takes away nothing.

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not (its hard to tell with you) but TC is certainly persuasive.

Yea, glory chasers and solid players alike though. In addition to reading their threads, I would suggest guesting on TC, perhaps Queensdale. Or talking to a TC WvW guild leader, joining the guild, and doing on PvE perhaps fractals, dungeons, bounty runs with them. The time I spent on TC when free transfers were still up and even when I guest from time to time today are worse than when I vacationed to FA.

But that’s just me, if I listened to what other people said I would be miserable. You gotta feel and experience things for yourself. Then again the price to transfer is what? 20 bucks? It’s not that expensive to transfer off if you’re not feelin’ it.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

dirtyoldgoat.5496

says Sargent Killjoy aka Trolljoy from Magruber……….. ….. … .

PINK is the new Black

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Not sure how many have transferred to TC total ,but KH was one of our main NA guilds before they bailed off to TC. So there are former CDs there that you can play with.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Speak to Commander Sam, from PiNK… my recomendation, or any of the PiNK guys. Can’t guest wvw, but they happy to give a run down I’m sure.

TC a good bunch. Or visit GuardianOMS… Mags always ‘wants’ transfers. (sorry had to based on old thread thinking of transferring don’t come to mags)

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Murderin.8269

He has had some solid advice for me both here and in our WvW thread. Nothing wrong with a little trolling sometimes.

Im torn between TC and Blackgate.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Oh no! Someone isn’t giving a glowing review of TC!

in WvW

Murderin.8269

TC a good bunch. Or visit GuardianOMS… Mags always ‘wants’ transfers. (sorry had to based on old thread thinking of transferring don’t come to mags)

Haha. Mag spends a little too much time bullying smaller servers for my liking. Winning easily is just as boring as a server making no effort to win.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Mag bullys all servers, big or small. We did it to TC and we’d do it to T8. The thing about Maguuma is we’ve spent the majority of our matches being the underdog, so our easy wins have only happened due to the free transfer fair weathers and the aftermath of them riding us up in tiers.

We’re not for you despite that though, we lack an oceanic presence, so we tend to lose stuff as we sleep.

in WvW

Hexin.5603

Whats your prime playtime?

If your at all close to Eastern, or EU / Eastern timezone, I’d probably suggest BG. they have a solid NA prime, coupled with an great EU prime guild who love open field battles. Server and guilds in server are all solid from my perspective fighting against them for weeks. Look up – Early hours – HB, NA prime iCoA (shout out).. adding Agg too here

TC, absolutely my favorite server. I can get anything with them, at any time. Whatever the flavor. Dungeons, map completion, temples, anything and they are hands down the best mmo server I’ve come across in the past 8 years in competative environment. (crossing WoW, GW2, Warhammer). Best sports, and they don’t call it the zombie coast for nothing. They can amass incredible amount of players on a whim, if you mess with their yaks. (look up PiNK, largest presence by far)

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

dirtyoldgoat.5496

He has had some solid advice for me both here and in our WvW thread. Nothing wrong with a little trolling sometimes.

Im torn between TC and Blackgate.

Ok, cool enough. Both would be excellent choices (and Kain)

PINK is the new Black

in WvW

Murderin.8269

Whats your prime playtime?

Any time between now and 12 hours from now depending on the day.

So mostly NA evening/night.

in WvW

Hexin.5603

I’d recomend talking to iCoa, or Agg on BG …. and PiNK on TC. Maybe some inputs from there guilds can help with your decision. Transferring is no small matter.

EDIT: Best of luck – have to hit the road now. So I can get online in a while and face off with some TC & FA.

in WvW

Murderin.8269

Transferring is no small matter.

Yeah i really don’t want to make the wrong choice and end up on a server that can’t field any players during my normal play time.

Thanks for your posts, they definitely help.

in WvW

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

You crystal desert too Murderin? Yeah, I’m getting sick of our wvw in NA prime time too. The only thing keeping us up in tier is our oceanic crew, which forces us to fight against ridiculous odds during NA hours. So fun /s

They really overdid it with the price to swap servers though… 800 gems would be more reasonable.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

in WvW

Posted by: Lyndis.2584

Lyndis.2584

SoS/YB/DB (T3) has some great fighting. All pretty much 20k or so within each other, so it’s fairly even.

.:: FaTe ~ [SoS] ::.

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

“Are there any even tiers?”

Yes T2,4,6,8 Are all even tiers. Where T1,3,5,7 are odd.

in WvW

Murderin.8269

“Are there any even tiers?”

Yes T2,4,6,8 Are all even tiers. Where T1,3,5,7 are odd.

Funny. Already used on page 1 though.

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Tier 2 is really close right now and may be the most even at the moment. Fort Aspenwood is ready to accept more talent and has a bloodlust for loot bags if you’re interested.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

BG has better 24/7 coverage then TC does, as TC has no oceanic / euro / SEA guilds, but numerous NA and international ones. During oceanic / SEA primetimes we are often outmanned, and during Euro our NA players do a day shift. That being said, we still continue to fight regardless of the scoreboard or our PPT. If we did have a decent night crew, the matchup would be much closer then it currently is, probably with us in a small lead.

TC has a large list of WvW guilds that cater to all styles of play, including CYN and KH that both came from CD and are loving it here. We tend to get a lot of people solo or small group transferring to TC, who then join the already established guilds, although full guilds are welcome with open arms.

As for the roleplay, it does make the world feel more alive when you run into it; it’s no different to the small conversations the NPCs have. Admittedly, I rarely run into it, but I don’t go to Divinity’s Reach either.

Playing melee in tier 2 is fine if you’re running with a guild (either as a pug or a member), a lot of our zergbreaking guilds are melee heavy. As for playing melee when running with only the militia, it’s viability varies, but I’d assume all servers are like that.

I suggest you check out our recruitment thread, that will help to answer some of your questions, or guest on TC and start up a conversation in Lion’s Arch map chat.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/TC-needs-Oceanic-Asian-EU-Guilds-Players/first

Edit: Also check out TCGW2, which is TC’s website.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

(edited by Zynthetic.2954)

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

You might want to check out millennium pie charts during the time of day you frequently play at, for a glimpse at what goes on. If you’re a morning person, many of the lower tier servers won’t be exciting for you.
And in my opinion, T5 is about to become quite stable, T6 is always relatively stable (with the exception of IOJ plummeting through at the moment- I think they’ll settle nicely in T7), and T7 is very stable. You will have a decreasing amount of coverage as you go down the rankings, and point tallies at the end of the week often don’t show the types of combat each server is capable of bringing, but rather the scooping of points at off hours. Server reset is another time you might want to look at the pie charts before you transfer.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

You crystal desert too Murderin? Yeah, I’m getting sick of our wvw in NA prime time too. The only thing keeping us up in tier is our oceanic crew, which forces us to fight against ridiculous odds during NA hours. So fun /s

They really overdid it with the price to swap servers though… 800 gems would be more reasonable.

Don’t think of it in gems, think of it n real money. That turns out to be ~$20. That is the average price for post MMOs for server transfers,

in WvW

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Is it just me, or is the time for the score and income evolutions out of whack? The graphs start at 12pm for both NA and EU, even though the matches reset at 5pm for NA. Guess when viewing them you’d have to add 5 hours onto the shown time to see what the PPT is relative to the server’s time. Probably doesn’t help they’re not updated as often as they should be, oh well.

TC’s current match
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/36

BG’s current match
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

T7 is the most balanced Tier rigth now…. T4 will be T8 v2.0

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Jikap.6547

Jikap.6547

In NA, I’d say T1,T2 and T7 seems balanced, especially T7. That match looks amazing! o_o

In EU, T3,T5,T6 and T8 are balanced, while only one server has fallen behind on T1.

Along with NA’s T8 rating issue, I’d say glicko has generally worked better for us Europeans, lol.

Jikap
Elementalist
Ring of Fire

(edited by Jikap.6547)

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I would say last server of tier 5 to tier7 and probably SF would make good match up. On NSP we had 1 month and half again AR and BP. BP was obviously the strongest server but still I had lot of fun. We finally felt down but still we have an pretty good match up again.

Many servers seem to lose a lot of steam lately.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Hexin.5603

oooo thanks Zyn, i forgot about CYN and KH, both very respectable and strong, and I’m an opponent

in WvW

Murderin.8269

Already transferred to Blackgate. Thanks for the info in this thread.

Its like a whole different game mode in T1.