Are there plans to...

Are there plans to...

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Q:

further tweak the rendering?

Or is this it? Haven’t been up to date with the WvW fixes, but since it has been a while now it’s kind of starting to bug me. So if someone could fill me in, thanks.

What I’m looking for really is any news on whether or not they’re going to streamline the models and add animations. Because as far as I can tell resources are being wasted rendering pointless things, while at the same time crucial information (like animations) are not being relayed to the player.

Are there plans to...

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Whaaa?
You sure your client isn’t corrupted or something?
How bout your PC specs? CPU, GPU, OS.
This isn’t a common problem… So far as I know

Are there plans to...

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Whaaa?
You sure your client isn’t corrupted or something?
How bout your PC specs? CPU, GPU, OS.
This isn’t a common problem… So far as I know

This is for people who play on the lowest character quality settings for WvW, where placeholders are used.

I don’t mean missing animations, I mean the placeholder animations don’t properly show what’s happening. This seems odd to me because things like the Fractal Capacitor and The Anomaly and every Legendary will render and consume resources, but it doesn’t show whether someone has been knocked down or not. Stuff like that I consider crucial information.

Ideally at the lowest settings above just nameplates, you should have a single generic model for each class and the same basic skin for every weapon and accurate animations. Instead we have a number of models for the same class, all weapon skins rendering, and insufficient animations.

More over, nameplates display the useless WvW rank, rather than class. Considering they’re there to substitute for the loss of visual data, the nameplates should indicate class rather than rank.