Are you a casual WvW player?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Do you enjoy getting into WvW to do dailies and are finding them harder to accomplish because no one else on your team is doing anything?

Do you find your favored WvW activity getting more difficult to do because your server has very few other people roaming and the only tag around is on a queued map?

Do you log in to WvW and find a lot more people standing around idle inside EBG keep waiting for another server to attack than actually playing WvW?

If the answer to any of those questions is yes, you and your servermates could be suffering from a “ded gaem” malaise where the casual players outnumber your server’s smaller number of leadership-providing guilds after years of over-stacking through “login blackouts”.

Consider these steps towards revitalizing your WvW experience:

- Transfer to a lower tier server where there is a larger variety of guilds. Many guilds run a lot smaller than in the past and enjoy the lower tiers more where blob frequency is not as high. They are always recruiting.

- Transfer to a lower tier server where there are more people out roaming around. Again, since blob frequency is lower, roamers find more roaming fights.

- Transfer to a lower tier server where players aren’t standing around waiting for someone else to do something. Guild rallies are the lifeblood of WvW. Unorganized militia do not usually take risks.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Advice noted. =)

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Sinfullysweet.4517

Sinfullysweet.4517

Current a casual www myself, grinding out multiple gifts of battle atm. Had to transfer to another server so that I could grind www exp. Will probably transfer back down after I get all the gifts of battle I need.

[OTG] ~ [GAME]~ [ROAM]~[AUTH]~ [LOFT]
Current Home: Yaks Bend Former Home: Maguuma/TC/SBI
Sin’s Characters on Gw2efficiency

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Current a casual www myself, grinding out multiple gifts of battle atm. Had to transfer to another server so that I could grind www exp. Will probably transfer back down after I get all the gifts of battle I need.

it’s actually a lot easier to get participation and maintain it in the lower tiers. You won’t find zergs running over you while trying to cap a camp.

You don’t need WXP for Gift of Battle, only participation.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

Love being in the lower tiers. Fights are better. I laugh at the people who left TC, we haven’t had this many good fights in a long time.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Is this another attempt at a guild trying to get people to leave a certain server so it re opens and they can flood it with their mates?

I’m curious, what server is the Op on?

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

gunna guess FA or BG?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Love being in the lower tiers. Fights are better. I laugh at the people who left TC, we haven’t had this many good fights in a long time.

Agreed, better fights and more action. Not sure what the whole “casual” label is about, but nice to see some serious guilds down here and salty gvg’ing going on.

Casual=condi meta….no thanks please stay in T1.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

Is this another attempt at a guild trying to get people to leave a certain server so it re opens and they can flood it with their mates?

Chaba, to my knowledge, mains FA.

This is more of an attempt to encourage people, who are in high, competitive tiers but only play WvW casually and so complain when they’re run over by more dedicated players, to move off Higher Tier servers off to a lower tier server. FA is currently trying to tank out of T1 but most likely being held up there by pugs ppting without understanding the consequences.

(edited by Namer.9750)

in WvW

Posted by: Supernatural Dawn.3194

Supernatural Dawn.3194

With server linking this doesn’t matter anymore. You can’t get away to a low pop server.

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

With server linking this doesn’t matter anymore. You can’t get away to a low pop server.

Except you can. You can go to any 4 or 5 of the T3/T4 hosts have been in T3 and T4 almost permanently since the beginning of the linkings only moving up when ANet screwed with Glicko. If you go to those servers, you can get away to a low pop server.

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

kitten Chaba. You have fiendishly combined reasonable advice in a post that is sarcastic. What am I going to do with myself now?

-logs in, completes dailies like a boss-

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

She is both FA and BG.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Before links, tiers had very different kinds of play. Now they all seem the same. I have been in T4, T3 and T1 this link cycle. Besides, a relink can easily make a transfer to a lower tier server pointless.

Basically any tier that is fairly even in score, is typically the “best” tier for activity. Unfortunately this week all the tiers have dominant servers in them.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

If players feel that

a relink can easily make a transfer to a lower tier server pointless

is this a good time for stopping linking Servers?

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Chaba.5410

She is both FA and BG.

Nah, I moved the BG account off to a linked server so it can get bounced around with server links a bit. Wasn’t fun anymore for casual play after so many guilds have left and/or died. My OP is from personal experience. Had that account there for about a year and a half.

My experience from FA moving between T4 and T1 is that the mid-tiers were a lot more fun, more diverse. If you are just looking at “score”, you’re not looking at things like guild-to-militia ratio or the guy who just wants to do dailies for the rest of the week when losing by a single skirmish. He’s not having fun and my guess is that it is related to what I saw personally before moving that account.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: Sinfullysweet.4517

Sinfullysweet.4517

it’s actually a lot easier to get participation and maintain it in the lower tiers. You won’t find zergs running over you while trying to cap a camp.

Which server would you recommend? I can’t run in zergs as my computer internet connection will not support it. It’s painful but about the only thing I can do is roam as it is. Went from TC to YB then to Mag but haven’t really found a good server to do what I am trying to accomplish. Just sucks yanno?

Edit: Left TC when it was a T1 server. Couldn’t get ahead on my track rewards. I know it sounds selfish but in a sense it kinda is.

[OTG] ~ [GAME]~ [ROAM]~[AUTH]~ [LOFT]
Current Home: Yaks Bend Former Home: Maguuma/TC/SBI
Sin’s Characters on Gw2efficiency

in WvW

Posted by: Supernatural Dawn.3194

Supernatural Dawn.3194

haha, low pop by your standards maybe. Seems like a waste of time to uproot people for a destination only to be relinked later on. Nothing is for sure, going to save my money.

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

Which server would you recommend? I can’t run in zergs as my computer internet connection will not support it. It’s painful but about the only thing I can do is roam as it is. Went from TC to YB then to Mag but haven’t really found a good server to do what I am trying to accomplish. Just sucks yanno?

Edit: Left TC when it was a T1 server. Couldn’t get ahead on my track rewards. I know it sounds selfish but in a sense it kinda is.

What time zone do you play in? That is going to color your experience quite a bit.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

Then there is a thing called “manual adjustment” happen

Resulted in Mag went to T3 last week.

Rekt

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

any decent lower tier EU servers a roamer like me could transfer to?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Sorry this is nonsense. And elitist. At the very least non-inclusive.

WvW cannot afford to ignore any warm bodies.

If you truly only care about guild quality play, organize, take your own advice, and move to a lower tier where you can play unmolested from the unwashed masses.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Sorry this is nonsense. And elitist. At the very least non-inclusive.

WvW cannot afford to ignore any warm bodies.

If you truly only care about guild quality play, organize, take your own advice, and move to a lower tier where you can play unmolested from the unwashed masses.

I do care. That’s exactly why I lead by example and took my own advice and drive for a guild in WvW that rallies four nights a week, am a member in another guild that rallies two-three nights a week during a different time, and also moved a “casual play” account to a lower populated server so I quit taking up population space on a server that has lost guilds and is Full which makes it difficult for that server.

I describe what happens when a server starts to have an imbalance where there isn’t enough leadership for the militia. An active and fun WvW environment doesn’t just consist of warm bodies. It requires diverse playstyles. Or you are willfully ignoring the complaint posts that keep getting locked on this forum the past few days by those militia on that particular server who are not having fun and are blaming server links or 2v1s or saying they are only going to do dailies or their server is dead.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Mags has been doing this for years. It’s a pity they’re T1.

Mags talks about a militia that doesn’t need a commander to operate. That’s been EU from the get-go.

EU servers have been doing this all along.

All these ridiculous “fixes” have really taken the spirit out of EU wvw.

I really wish they’d revert EU back to single servers and let NA have all the shiny new “fixes” because it’s really an NA issue that’s starting to infect EU, because people have given up.

L’enfer, c’est les autres