Are you allowed to be in the enemy spawn?

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Like, actually go past the legendary defenders and get into the enemy spawn? Are you allowed to be there?

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes.

Not exactly safe, but yes.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

No, you’re not.

Entering the enemies spawn area is a class B felony in every state except Delaware.

I heard about a thief that stacked stealth duration and got in there all the way to the azura portals to /dance for a few seconds before getting killed by invulnerable players.

He’s in San Quentin now.

(edited by Aeden.5896)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

technically by design, you should be able to. but the thing is, why would you ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

One reason to do that would be to dance in the enemy spawn and then use one of their portals back to your lands when they start attacking you.

Another reason might be to stay hidden and spy on enemy movements so your server knows when a large force has arrived on the map. Although that would be fairly difficult and incredibly boring.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Wraith.9426

Wraith.9426

You can’t do this. You can get by the guards, but there is an invisible wall that if you go too far in, you get instantly teleported back outside.

Blackgate ~~[Ons]laught~~

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

would be fun if their Lions Arch portal actually led you to their server
(where every single player and npc is hostile ofc)

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

You can get get until the 2nd part of the stairs. All you have to do is get past the first part where you get massive damage. You’re safe after the walls, but if you keep running in you’ll get ported back out.

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

All i got to was the 2nd set of stairs once ;p

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Phoenixfudge.5290

Well, I’m well aware of the invisible second wall that resets you. You can actually get past that wall by shadow stepping. Once you get past that wall you can walk right into there spawn (assuming you dodge the other sets of legendary defenders) and start trolling the enemy.

Although you cannot attack the enemy player (due to invincible buff) you can run around the spawn leading them on a wild goose chase. Best of all, you can kill the enemy NPC’s such as their Repair Man, Armor and Weapons dealer. It’s really funny. You can also use Scorpion Wire on the NPC while a player is talking to the NPC vendor and it will interrupt the conversation.

I did this a couple times to IOJ and I started wondering if Anet didn’t intend for enemy players to get past the invisible wall so I stopped in fear of being banned for exploitation. I wonder though, why bother having the legendary defenders in the spawn if Anet isn’t expecting enemy players to be in it? For the record, I’ve died numerous times from those guys compared to actual player mobs who chase me.

in WvW

naphack.9346

Well, I’m well aware of the invisible second wall that resets you. You can actually get past that wall by shadow stepping. Once you get past that wall you can walk right into there spawn (assuming you dodge the other sets of legendary defenders) and start trolling the enemy.

Although you cannot attack the enemy player (due to invincible buff) you can run around the spawn leading them on a wild goose chase. Best of all, you can kill the enemy NPC’s such as their Repair Man, Armor and Weapons dealer. It’s really funny. You can also use Scorpion Wire on the NPC while a player is talking to the NPC vendor and it will interrupt the conversation.

I did this a couple times to IOJ and I started wondering if Anet didn’t intend for enemy players to get past the invisible wall so I stopped in fear of being banned for exploitation. I wonder though, why bother having the legendary defenders in the spawn if Anet isn’t expecting enemy players to be in it? For the record, I’ve died numerous times from those guys compared to actual player mobs who chase me.

get an organized group and scorp wire all the vendors out of the spawn area.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

LOL so it was you that was doing it, I saw a random guy saying a thief was in our spawn hahahaha

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

I found it incredibly easy and legit to make it into the enemy citadel. I’m sure if you guys thought about it, you’d figure it out too. It’s no hack.

Thing is, you can be spotted along the way and there’s nothing you can do but troll once you’re in their citadel area.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

I’m allowed to be in any place on map that I can get into.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

I’m allowed to be in any place on map that I can get into.

Teleporting past an invisible wall doesn’t really mean that you can “Get into” it without bypassing Anets failsafes.

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

Fair enough. I don’t use those to take capture points. I do teach them to server mates, to spread awareness.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

in WvW

Phoenixfudge.5290

So is it a bannable offense to bypass the invisible wall of reset and walk into the enemy spawn?

in WvW

naphack.9346

just go d/p and stay permastealthed. Trolling enough tbh :>
You don’t unstealth from hitting invulnerable stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

Technically speaking, yes, just like ppl exploit into stonemist and towers. However if you exploit into enemy spawn you cannot kill anything and will be one shot by legendary guards

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas

in WvW

naphack.9346

lol
they must be like “THERE IS A ZERG IN OUR SPAWN!”
“lolwut”
“troll”
“like hell”
“no way”
“BUT IT’S TRUE!”
“never”
“stop kidding me”

in WvW

Posted by: Shinra.4623

Shinra.4623

I don’t see why it would be, it’s not really an exploit if there’s nothing to gain

I was in a zerg that had to head there to find SBI players one day, they didn’t want to come fight us

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Personally I don’t think players should be able to get into enemy spawns. Although normally I don’t care for people complaining about being camped or the jump puzzle crying, spawn points need to be kept free of enemy players. At least, internally. Let lazy badge farmers hang around an exit if they wish, there are always two other exits to use if needed and refusing to use them is willful stupidity.

If enemies could access spawn points then players zoning in would be farmed to death and it would lead to major problems in WvW. So no, enemies should continue to have to work for their badges and not be able to access spawns.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Yes you Are. I guess your aloud to kill there merchants too.
i asked a dev the other day if i could kill there spawn merchants. he’s reply was. if you can get there why not?
Mind you. he could of thought there was no way in. who knows.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Well, if you do it to us over at Tarnished Coast we’ll hold a party in your honor!

Attachments:

in WvW

Phoenixfudge.5290

Well, if you do it to us over at Tarnished Coast we’ll hold a party in your honor!

Hey, TC I thought you guys would throw me party. Instead I get screenshotted and accused for hacks. Original thread of accuser was deleted. However, we are still left with a link of screenshot lol: https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/34585/gw147.jpg

(edited by Phoenixfudge.5290)

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

So people can port/stealth/rockjump into the others spawn.
Something is so broken in this game, i just can’t put my finger on what it could be.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Hey, TC I thought you guys would throw me party. Instead I get screenshotted and accused for hacks. Original thread of accuser was deleted. However, we are still left with a link of screenshot lol: https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/34585/gw147.jpg

Clearly you didn’t find the party people when you went in

in WvW

Posted by: Miekka.2415

Miekka.2415

Two simple jumps up a small hill and a long way a round to avoid the legendary guards gets you into an enemy’s citadel.

I don’t think its an exploit, because you are not gaining anything. If anything you are just feeding kills to the players at spawn.

[WäR] Lady Miekka – Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

would be fun if their Lions Arch portal actually led you to their server
(where every single player and npc is hostile ofc)

“Aww crap, I took the wrong LA portal again.”

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Well, we hold parties for pretty much anything, like yesterday the there-is-no-reason-to-party party!

And for the record, I’m pretty sure that sidestepping through walls (visible or otherwise) is an exploit.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: kreese.9461

kreese.9461

Technically speaking, yes, just like ppl exploit into stonemist and towers. However if you exploit into enemy spawn you cannot kill anything and will be one shot by legendary guards

you don’t have to exploit anything to get in enemy camp or citadel you can walk in with a thief no problem at all – if this is really not allowed I would like to know we will cancel any future dance parties in the enemy citadel