Are you going to still play WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

My guild of two? Will do. real competition is built off a level playing field. Something you struggle with

killing up lvlZ rulez though. skilllzzzzzzz

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Ah good.
Less queues and less clueless people. I am all for it ^^

Have fun

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Lol enjoy your “boycott”…you’ll all be back playing WvW in a week rofl.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Are you blindfolded ? These people and myself included aren’t enjoying this,we loved wvw yet we see anet destroying the core of it.These people wich are mostly wvw vets dont stop playing for “fun”,they stop playing because its Killing their fun and is making things even more imbalanced then it already can be.No one is making a joke out of this so stop “Lolling” around and try to be constructive if you really feel the need to post a response.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Are you blindfolded ?

To be fair, FIRE was a bad example; they went through this same thing when NW launched.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

Are you blindfolded ?

To be fair, FIRE was a bad example; they went through this same thing when NW launched.

Can be,but it is a good example of whats currently going on,and this was for them the icing on the cake,as it is for many other people..Honestly i Love wvw…its making me sad to see where this all is going.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Can be,but it is a good example of whats going on,and this was for them the icing on the cake,as it is for many other people..Honestly i Love wvw…its making me sad to see where this all is going.

Well no, the whole point of it being a bad example… is that its not a good example, but a bad one.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

Can be,but it is a good example of whats going on,and this was for them the icing on the cake,as it is for many other people..Honestly i Love wvw…its making me sad to see where this all is going.

Well no, the whole point of it being a bad example… is that its not a good example, but a bad one.

Well thats your opinion,youre entitled to it,but i strongly disagree here with it being a bad example.Guilds dont just disband and drop out for no reason,and again..they are not the only ones.

Anyways,i’m hitting the sack now.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

^ Well, when a guild “disbands and drop out” several times it is a rather bad example, since they clearly didn’t drop out the first time, and most likely won’t this time either.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

While I get the idea and feel the pain, I WvW in my spare time. I will continue to do so until something better comes along.

T.V. absolutely sucks. SO outside of spending time with my wife and daughter, WvW it is.

I’ve been playing the XCOM remake; it’s really fun.

XCom? Terror from the Deep? MAN…. I LOVED that game.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I quit for 5 months… maybe it’s time for another vacation.

Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

Can we also please remove weapons? It’s unfair that players can use their weapons and sometimes kill me with them. Please and thank you, ArenaNet!

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Can we also please remove weapons? It’s unfair that players can use their weapons and sometimes kill me with them. Please and thank you, ArenaNet!

Not until we collect more data. In the meantime, here’s an update that gives weapons +100 damage for each point that your server is currently ticking.

Love, ANet

p.s. Try our e-sports… PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

I guess it’s time for a new debuff for groups greater than 25, and they won’t notice it until they get rolled by a group of 15. It will be called…The Inverse Law of Ninjas, and it will follow this formula;

y=m*0.999999999^-x

Where m is the normal value of your stats and x is the number of people surrounding you in a 2000-3000 unit area. It’s an exponential decay function that will make large groups of players exponentially weaker and unfeasible as the group grows larger. Do it A-Net, and I’m sure people will hold to the threshold.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The new one, Enemy Unknown (2012).

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I too will be on a WvW/GW2 Hiatus after this patch. As a player who has both WvW Buffs, Applied Fortitude & Guard Leech, and coming from a server who is currently decimating the opposition the buffs I have are too powerful.

Currently I Have:
+250 Power from Bloodlust stacks
+150 All stats from Bloodlust Buffs
+100 Power from Guard Leech
+100 Power and 10% Crit damage from food
+112 Power from Nourishment (toughness)
+ 55 Power from Nourishment (vitality)
+ 2500 Health from Applied Fortitude

Leaving me with +767 Power & +4000 Health.

Anet, While I admire your determination to sway me into playing sPvP I will never want sit on capture points. It’s not going to happen. I will NOT go to sPvP for balance either, which I feel is another ploy to increase sPvP numbers.

Maybe one day you will realize that in GW2, WvW is the end game and it always has been.

You just made me realize Anet’s next big trading post cash cow. Tinfoil hats!

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

This is what they want… They are secretly trying to get you into spvp so you can support their “esport”

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

While I get the idea and feel the pain, I WvW in my spare time. I will continue to do so until something better comes along.

T.V. absolutely sucks. SO outside of spending time with my wife and daughter, WvW it is.

I’ve been playing the XCOM remake; it’s really fun.

Off topic; I played the original and it has held up reasonably well, all things considered.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

No thanks. I like rolling over helpless enemies

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

WvW is the only part of the game worth playing, but these changes are terrible, couple of seconds that stupid bloodlust buff flickers and it is so annoying, and the lag now in WvW is just so insane, there used to be some lag sometimes and I used to just spam 1, now when spamming 1, my char just freezes in the middle of his attack. People are randomly dropping dead in front of us for no reason and can’t be ressed.

Best work yet Anet. Bravo, Bravo… (Sarcasm if you didn’t get that) <— for the mentally challenged at Anet.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

The new one, Enemy Unknown (2012).

Oh I figured it was a much newer version… just wanted to be sure it was the same Xcom I remembered.

Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

I’ll up your stoppage of WvW to stopping playing the game altogether.

I spent 95+% in WvW and the remainder doing a dragon occasionally.

So essentially they just nerfed 100% of my game play.

Not only not playing until they remove this crap. Not buying anymore of their games, Lost all confidence in them.

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

You make it sound like they care if people stop playing WvW. Preeeeetty sure they don’t.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Oh I figured it was a much newer version… just wanted to be sure it was the same Xcom I remembered.

It’s a fantastic remake, and does it very good justice (the third-person shooter is a different; The Bureau Declassified). It does have its own kinks but very fun.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

sadly this will probably not work, but for me I will be playing other games at least for a while. Anet will never see another dollar from me though. time get back into simraceway.

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

anyone that forgot that the purpose of this game is for business, needs the tin foil hat lol – wvw wasn’t making money, if anything , it probably cost a fortune in server maintenance – brilliant alternative to actually having to fix something that didn’t generate money if you ask me. it’s going to burn the game out, but on the same hand , that means lower server costs…so they still win.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Gobabis.5296

Gobabis.5296

I would not go so far just queue for EB only refuse to go to borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

I guess it’s time for a new debuff for groups greater than 25, and they won’t notice it until they get rolled by a group of 15. It will be called…The Inverse Law of Ninjas, and it will follow this formula;

y=m*0.999999999^-x

Where m is the normal value of your stats and x is the number of people surrounding you in a 2000-3000 unit area. It’s an exponential decay function that will make large groups of players exponentially weaker and unfeasible as the group grows larger. Do it A-Net, and I’m sure people will hold to the threshold.

Interesting, except that with the equation you’ve got y will actually increase with x. 0.999^-x is the same as 1 divided by 0.999^x. So as x increases, the denominator becomes smaller and smaller and thus the stat value increases.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

also, don’t blame anet – the band wagoning guilds made this a horror story – the guys who place so much importance in being the best and put fun in the backseat made this happen.

Don’t expect to see these guys become reasonable any time soon either, THEY ruined wvw – bloodlust actually sounds fun with normal players. If all these transferring guilds decided to keep things balanced – then anet would have to come up with a plan b.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

You don’t have to quit entirely to send a message, simply half the number of hours you put into the game.

I was already cutting back from PVE do to the gimmick laden, forced todo lists that the living story patches became, but this rush to make things as unfair as possible in WvW, is convincing me to find other more productive things to do with my time.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in WvW

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

Me too, i will stop playing WvW with this dumb patch.
Thank you Devon, Arena Net, and all other with this idea for destroying WvW.
I will try to have fun with fractals.. but as 100% WvW Player I think I look for another game, don’t know. Hope they change the buff.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

I haven’t played since the introduction of ascended.
It really feels like Anet is PURPOSELY screwing wvw up. I mean cmon how many threads had been brought up about how ascended first and the bl buff later would kill GvG and WvW altogether?
Countless. And they did it anyway. They knew exactly what would have happened.

This game has been a joke for months. But now this was the last straw

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

It is actually quite cute that people start shouting about this AFTER the patch, when we have known this would be added for more or less a MONTH.
Wouldn’t it be more logical to leave BEFORE the patch in order to send the message that you don’t like the planned patch, rather then leaving after said patch is already in the game?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

It really feels like Anet is PURPOSELY screwing wvw up. I mean cmon how many threads had been brought up about how ascended first and the bl buff later would kill GvG and WvW altogether?

So you haven’t played since November and yet you are still hanging around posting more or less daily on the forums?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

I would not go so far just queue for EB only refuse to go to borderlands

Don’t the buffs extend to everyone on all 4 WvW lands?

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Good if you stop playing then WvW will be less zerg like. I think the truth is no one going to miss the handful of ppl who will stop for a week at most.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I’ll up your stoppage of WvW to stopping playing the game altogether.

I spent 95+% in WvW and the remainder doing a dragon occasionally.

So essentially they just nerfed 100% of my game play.

Not only not playing until they remove this crap. Not buying anymore of their games, Lost all confidence in them.

I really get the feeling that players with these types of posts haven’t played since the patch.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

You have not played for 10+ months? Why are you still bothering look at this forum?

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

I am pretty sure that no movement is needed for this. A lot of people I know in wvw are stopping playing the game due to unbalanced match-ups and no real care for wvw shown by anet. There are just no real communication about the main issues and that leads people to loose hope and stop playing. So, I would advise to just play if you like to play or not if you don’t feel like it. Either way until someone at anet starts playing wvw this will not get better.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

After the roll out of the Bloodlust buff, I decided to voice my opposition to this idea by refusing to play WvW until it is removed. We all know World vs World isn’t meant to be balance and we’re not trying to seek perfect balance. But fairness is something we can all appreciate. When the strong has gotten stronger and the weak is weaker. The game isn’t no longer about competition but abuse. The buff might not affect the Tier 1 and Tier 2 servers which have almost equal amount of players competing. But the rest of the servers will just get thrashed, forcing WvW players to further consolidate on the top servers. World vs World is my favorite part of Guild Wars II and I hate to see the direction it’s moving toward. The joy of 1vX, 1v1, or GvG is now ruined. The type of gameplay which is as much a part of World vs World. Therefore, to try and reverse the course of this recent update, I refuse to play and hope others join me so our message will be heard loud and clear.

Are you sure? I see rather combative weak, maybe many play for the server, while others complain on the forum.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3686/7hvc.jpg

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Alternate suggestion: Hold your own BL’s buff and refuse to take enemy BL’s buff

A bit harder to organize but at least I can enjoy my wvw.

I do agree that you can hold your own BL’s but let me add a bit of salt to the wound here Let me say that “a” player only engages in the WvW aspect of the game “and” said player has a limited time window. Ok? So they don’t do much else such has champion farming or any other form of dungeon crawl. They only want to engage in WvW because that is what they find fun.

Ok, so it is set. Now let us do what you suggest (which I agree with by the way) and focus on our own BL and capture, defend, and roam the points of interest in the new zone. What do you think said player would get by doing this?

1. No leaderboard representation for solo contributors, kill streaks, deaths, finishers, monthly, weekly, daily, etc. Nothing shows.
2. No loot. Remember, player doesn’t do anything but WvW within a set time limit, by choice.
3. Small tactical team would work, roaming, or even solo, but there is no reward (see 1 above and below note).

So, no single player contribution in leaderboards, nothing to show, and only loot is off players you stomp. If you don’t run dungeons, and you don’t PvE outside of leveling, you really have no way to get past the exotics over time (can use badges to some degree). So now you are roaming, single or small group, and have to deal with stat creep via ascended gear AND you don’t get any loot. Why do I bring this up? Because if the same player spent the same amount of time capturing supply camps, towers, and keeps (even castles) they would get loot bags and boxes on top of everything else.

Point is – while fun, playing the circle game for the buff isn’t going to return much on that time investment compared to spending equal amount elsewhere. That, my fellow GW2 players, is what frustrates me. Just how big that player base is may be small, I really have no idea.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarawk.8697

Ragnarawk.8697

This is what they want… They are secretly trying to get you into spvp so you can support their “esport”

I have a bad feeling that this is actually the truth. I’m sure the intent with WvW was to be an introduction and training grounds for sPvP. Unfortunately for Anet, the opposite occurred. Many WvWer’s consider it to be the end-game, and ignore sPvP completely.

I believe they are tying to consolidate a hard core group of players into a few servers, in order to make structure and (supposed) balance in sPvP more appealing. They are hoping, that eventually the mantra will be “WvW is for n00bs and PvEers, go to sPvP if you want balance and competition.”

It’s too bad they can’t see that GvG is where the money is at for esport.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

The sad reality is GW1 has a better chance of becoming an E-sport then GW2. As someone else stated, WvW is the end game here not SPvP.

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It is actually quite cute that people start shouting about this AFTER the patch, when we have known this would be added for more or less a MONTH.
Wouldn’t it be more logical to leave BEFORE the patch in order to send the message that you don’t like the planned patch, rather then leaving after said patch is already in the game?

We’ve been doing that for weeks already. The topics should be rather easy to find if you bother to look for them. They were given a chance to listen, and chose not to. Now it’s time to turn that voice into action.

This has all but killed my already dwindling interest in wvw, which has been one of the main reasons I’ve kept playing GW2. The only reason I have left are my friends/guild, but I have no actual desire to play for myself anymore.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Rofl, so in that pic Edeor.9720 posted, you can see that every matchup has a clear and decided winner. There are no close match ups. This game is so broken its actually hilarious. Im done, no more WvW for me till this stat buff comes out.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in WvW

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

By all means, go right ahead. I’ll be enjoying the fantastic new terrain we have to fight in.

So you mean to tell me your enjoying being ROFLSTOMPED by SBi ? Sorry ,but either you have not been in WvW this week or you are trolling everyone in this thread. BP is and has always been my home for GW2, this update to WvW is making me rethink that choice in favor of Zerg heavy servers now.

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

OP, I’m with you. I will at least be playing less as inherently the amount of fun has decreased. I prefer playing against an opponent on as equal footing as possible. The bloodlust buff is like a sore thumb in this. Although the concept and layout of the capture points is excellent having an (in my mind) unfair advantage removes the fun in the 1v1, ZvZ scenarios which is the real excitement in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

My experiences have not been much like what OP said.

Consider some praise for the system, and a small argument to the OP: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Thanks-from-a-roamer/first#post2868381

in WvW

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

@Vail Victus um everyone in that thread hates the stat buff. They just like the new map layout, which everyone likes. No one is saying get rid of the map or the capture points, just the stat buff.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in WvW

Posted by: Cyrr.3192

Cyrr.3192

Since Devon already said they won’t change things unless people stop playing…

+1, not gonna play the game even.