Are you going to still play WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Well said Lorelei.

WvW is turning into typical MMO PvP, which means gear grind or pay for advantage. (Or in GW2’s case, since it is B2P, a hybrid of both).

It is really unfortunate they made this choice. They could have had a permanent niche as the MMO PvP where skill was paramount. But now it is about the non-skill advantage.

If they did that, players would complain that they’re turning WvW into SPvP >_>

When you strip away everything, it should all come down to skill and tactics. A smaller population server could still be very effective and even win based on these two abilities. Everyone has pretty much equal access to siege, armor, weapons, ect. ect. Add organization and there you have it. The buff takes all of this away, by offering a “freebie” advantage simply based on numbers being able to control the buff at will. I’m not a big conspiracy theorist, but I highly suspect Anet has ulterior motives in this situation. Of course they’ll never tell and we’ll just have to endure the BS they’re shoveling on us until we find out where they’re taking WvW. For those of us that bought the game simply for the WvW aspect of this game, I hope they don’t completely ruin this for us.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Thanks for the compliments guys. I check this forum every other day just to see if if Anet has said anything. It’s been nothing but grim silence from them so far.

I think someone else said it best in a different thread. Between having to listen to their ever dissatisfied customer base on this forum or their korean overlords, its easier to listen to their overlords. While I still am not sure what the reasoning is (the motive is always money), I am pretty sure that they are receiving some pretty high level orders to take this game the way they are.

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Ive loged in for a hour total since patch to look at the new content and dont intend to log again with the exception to attend a GvG until bloodlust is removed.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.7320

Mike.7320

Geeze..honestly….comon…

Hold 3 points in ONE OF 3 BL to obtain an orb buff. Wah wah wah my server zergs too much and wah wah wah we cant capture and hold 3 points. Carebears these days, holy sh—

It takes one freaking person to capture a point, you would think one out of 75 or so could capture it, Anet had an oversight, Gw2 players suck at anything that isnt blob v door.

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

(edited by Mike.7320)

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Geeze..honestly….comon…

Hold 3 points in ONE OF 3 BL to obtain an orb buff. Wah wah wah my server zergs too much and wah wah wah we cant capture and hold 3 points. Carebears these days, holy kitten takes one freaking person to capture a point, you would think one out of 75 or so could capture it, Anet had an oversight, Gw2 players suck at anything that isnt blob v door.

???

people like the new mechanics and areas…. people dont like that stat buffs that make this game even more imbalanced, especially strong servers over weaker ones. I dont care it takes people to cap points, i just care about the direction WvW is going, which is why people are complaining

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Gobabis.5296

Gobabis.5296

I’m quiting WvW and If I do that I qyit GW2 also

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Geeze..honestly….comon…

Hold 3 points in ONE OF 3 BL to obtain an orb buff. Wah wah wah my server zergs too much and wah wah wah we cant capture and hold 3 points. Carebears these days, holy kitten takes one freaking person to capture a point, you would think one out of 75 or so could capture it, Anet had an oversight, Gw2 players suck at anything that isnt blob v door.

of course a mag guy from og would say that. well here is what we did. 1 person u say. yeah 1can maybe hold vs 2, but if there is a tpvp like group of 6 running around this 1 person melts quickly. then u send 6 and the other server sends 15. also due to the decap issue 1 person alone will not be able to hold 3 points. if 3 people split up to hold the points most of the time 1 of them gets ganked by 3 thieves or a 5 man team.
5 at each cappoint takes 15 people away from defending their towers and keeps. the server with the bigger population can actually afford to have a team of 5 to 15 to keep the orb buffs up and do the whole blob v dorr thing at the same time….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Yes to keep stomping to see my nice animation running on a victim while under bloodlust buff

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

Most ridiculous thread ever.

What should Anet do? Reward losers and people who fail instead?

It’s pretty well balanced as I see it, even a single person can cap an area.

Good Luck with that if the the other server has all three bloodlust buffs….. that really DOES take the FAIR out of the Fight.

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Good Luck with that if the the other server has all three bloodlust buffs….. that really DOES take the FAIR out of the Fight.

You have to understand the mindset of some people that like this. If you are one of those huge servers against the weaker ones, this is an awesome change. You get a ton of free stats, and your points padded.

ESO already looks better than gw2 in many ways (based on some of the leaked footage). Can’t wait for it to release.

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

You have to understand the mindset of some people that like this. If you are one of those huge servers against the weaker ones, this is an awesome change. You get a ton of free stats, and your points padded.

ESO already looks better than gw2 in many ways (based on some of the leaked footage). Can’t wait for it to release.

The trolls love the new buff, as I’m sure anyone one would suspect, but trolls have tunnel vision and cannot see anything beyond what’s in their inherent nature. They lack a true understanding of the complexities involving such a change as this. The imbalance feeds their egos while rationality remains void. Put the shoe on the other foot and they’ll be the first to rage quit.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

“After a careful reevaluation of orbs of power we have decided to remove them from WvW in an upcoming build. As implemented, orbs tend to strengthen teams who are already winning and make it even more difficult for underdog teams to fight back.”

Habib Loew from Anet 10 months ago….. would love to hear Devon or anyone from Anet explain why Habib’s statement is no longer valid.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

in WvW

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Nope, want some real WvW content, not PVP which WvW has become. The added bloodlust content is just bad and just made it worst.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

“After a careful reevaluation of orbs of power we have decided to remove them from WvW in an upcoming build. As implemented, orbs tend to strengthen teams who are already winning and make it even more difficult for underdog teams to fight back.”

Habib Loew from Anet 10 months ago….. would love to hear Devon or anyone from Anet explain why Habib’s statement is no longer valid.

Because a major part of the reason for the statement was due to the fact that people hacked into keeps and took the orbs rather than actually fight for them as intended.
Now said hacking is no longer possible, thus the statement he made is no longer “valid”.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Because a major part of the reason for the statement was due to the fact that people hacked into keeps and took the orbs rather than actually fight for them as intended.
Now said hacking is no longer possible, thus the statement he made is no longer “valid”.

The statement was two part, the edge giving to the higher population server making them even stronger. Then a second point how the orbs can be hacked, they fixed the hacking part but that was not even half the problem, hacking was not happening on all servers or even all match ups.

The issue of making the larger population server stronger has not been addressed its the same as it was 10 months ago perhaps more of an issue now with leagues coming.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

I log in to see how many are playing etc….run away from everyone….etc….then log off.

Just want validation of my belief that the patch’s content and timing have provieded the deaf-tone evidence people were waiting for to quit.

I am feeling pretty good about be right.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Hacking was not happening on all servers or even all match ups.

That’s a good joke.

At the point where the orbs were removed, there wasn’t a server that wasn’t getting hacked or hacking. It was really, really bad at that point. Invulnerable lord glitches from the hackers, disappearing orbs off map, everyone pointing fingers at everyone else.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Hacking was not happening on all servers or even all match ups.

That’s a good joke.

At the point where the orbs were removed, there wasn’t a server that wasn’t getting hacked or hacking. It was really, really bad at that point. Invulnerable lord glitches from the hackers, disappearing orbs off map, everyone pointing fingers at everyone else.

I’ve got news for you, the hacking is worse now. I haven’t played wvw in the last two match ups, but according to the matchup threads at least one server is currently just walking over walls, then going invisible. In the ones I did play we had everything from invulnerable flying people, to people walking through the walls/doors.

Nothing has changed on that front, so you can’t say that there are no hackers. So if that hasn’t changed, then they must feel like the “point advantage given to the larger side is bad” is no longer true.

It doesn’t really matter though, WvW is already dead on everything except the t1, and possiblyi some t2. It’s either transfer now, or just suffer through it.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

^ But that is not really relevant to the situation.
The issue with hacking back then was the fact that you could easily take the orbs without fighting anything at all by hacking into the keeps.

That is not the case anymore since the orbs don’t work the same way.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

^ But that is not really relevant to the situation.
The issue with hacking back then was the fact that you could easily take the orbs without fighting anything at all by hacking into the keeps.

That is not the case anymore since the orbs don’t work the same way.

yeah.. you can not get the orb bonus without fighting anything at all now… wait

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

yeah.. you can not get the orb bonus without fighting anything at all now… wait

You can, but you need to actually hold several places for some time. Which is much harder to hack than a simple: “Teleport to orb, teleport out, place orb”.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

I ll stomp you all ! XD

Signed : A harcore WvW addict. ^^

in WvW

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

I already quit.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in WvW

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

It has become incredibly evident that Anet does not want me, nor players like me, to participate in WvW. They have successfully added almost everything they said they wouldn’t – and managed to make WvW even more unbalanced and lopsided for reasons I suspect a rational and sane human mind cannot fathom.

How does As gear make WvW a better place? How does wasting my time and money just to be at the same level that I was before it was introduced improve my WvW experience? Presumably it was added for PvE, except that you don’t even need it to complete PvE content since the mobs haven’t increased in power, yet, in WvW, my opponents will get these items. As gear has a bigger impact in WvW than it does in PvE despite the fact that Anet said that they wanted it to have a minimal impact on WvW in the Reddit AMA. Now I have to stand in front of a crafting station instead of killing people, which is what I want to do, and what I thought most WvW players would want.

:\

How does Guard Leech and Applied Fortitude make WvW a better place? I guess it encourages me to run with the zerg to get as much WXP as I can, but how does this make WvW more enjoyable? What does this spell for alts? How does this make WvW more fun? Knowing that by killing some helpless NPCs you are stronger against players for no reason is fun? Giving players who grind WXP an advantage against other players foments more… casual play? Competitive play? What? Why?

¯\(o0)_/¯

How does Bloodlust make WvW a better place? It gives small groups something useful to do for the whole server? Cool, I guess. What seems uncool is when the dominant, most numerous server seems to hold them, like, all the time. How does making arbitrary stat buffs that make equal number matchups unbalanced improve the overall WvW experience? How does making me think twice about roaming with my guildies because we know that if we get stomped we give the enemy tons of points improve WvW?

I DUNNO LOL

And next, in the near future, we get Leagues? How does this… do anything? How competitive do they think it will be? How will it balance the lopsided matchups? How does it make WvW a better place, or more fun or… anything?

I DUNNO INDEED

BUT WAIT I MEAN WVW IS UNBALANCED ALREADY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE LOL

BEING UNBALANCED AND BROKEN MAKES FOR GOOD GAME YES?

(edited by TainoFuerte.8136)

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

We had kind of stopped bothering with the borderlands except when our garrison was under attack. There was almost always a long queue for EB. Now people are spending more time in the borderlands.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

We have lots of people playing in TC and we have been playing better than ever since we got matched up with much stronger opponents. The numbers look like we are losing but we are getting better, more skilled, better leadership and strategy, better defense. Go ahead and quit.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Geeze..honestly….comon…

Try fighting Yak’s Bend and HoD the same week, where they populate every server with 50 people and have the man power leftover to defend their BL and EB. It’s not the point that your server zergs too much, it’s when one side captures multiple points, holds them, and still has people left over to take the rest of the map. Sure, it may only take one person to cap, but there might be ten bad guys in the area holding the points.

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

I can see it now. WvW population declines.

A certain incompetent dev tries blaming said decline on Tequatl to save his own kitten .

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Everybody starts out with a blank slate and practically no supply on Friday night. That is a fairly level playing field.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Once upon a time a person could invest a relatively modest amount of time to gear up in exotics. Figure out a decent build and then head off into WvW knowing they would be fighting on mostly even terms with their enemies.

That was fun.

Where the devs are taking us is definitely not ‘fun’ territory in my book.

Man, I’d like to see a day like that. Hardly get an exotic anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I played to test the waters and form an opinion based on having experienced these changes and not forum fear mongering.
This was almost a week ago, on patch night. Havent touched WvW since. Infact, havent even bothered logging into GW2 at all since thursday.

I’m hoping im not the only one, and that the reaction from the playerbase is one that put the scare into Arenanet. I really do, because i want to enjoy GW2. But right now, i simply dont anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Are you going to play WvW?

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in WvW

Ostra.3927

We have lots of people playing in TC and we have been playing better than ever since we got matched up with much stronger opponents. The numbers look like we are losing but we are getting better, more skilled, better leadership and strategy, better defense. Go ahead and quit.

TC still stacking then huh? Congrats on being server number 4 with the amount of people you stacked to win.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Of course. I like beating helpless opponents to a pulp. I play a thief after all.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Dunno, TC is the only server I have played. I don’t know whether we stack a lot compared to others or not. I do know some of the most fun I have had in GW2 has been when we were outnumbered, like we are right now. It is a blast to take on a much bigger group and beat them.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Ostra.3927

Then youa re going to be very sad with the league Nany.

7 weeks. 3-4 of those are gonna be you guys steamrolling the enemy and them not even out there because of the number difference. You are outmanned by BG and SoR and JQ by maybe 2-1 odds because of the stacking TC did…

wait til you outnumber the enemy 10-1… you will be having a blast.

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

WvWs is only easy access to craft stations now.
I did sit in eb jp for couple hours the other night, but seeing as for some kittened reason the buff is in there too, that was mostly me akitteng.

<tumbleweed>

Now I`m alt tabbed sat at the boring world bosses auto attacking to get a months worth of WvWs loot in a few minutes, then alt tabbing until the next one is due.

/boooooooooooooooring!

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Ostra, what do you mean by stacking?

I’m pretty sure TC can beat JQ and SoR whether they outnumber us or not.

If it turns out we have no competition during the tournament it will not be a big deal. Something will eventually change. One thing we can count on from ANet is change.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

If it turns out we have no competition during the tournament it will not be a big deal. Something will eventually change. One thing we can count on from ANet is change.

Devon, is that you?!?

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Ostra.3927

TC can beat JQ and SoR?

You seriously have a lack of evidence to prove that point. Nany you HAVE to be new to the game right? Or you xfered from a low tier server aka. stacking.

TC was mid rank… had some good guilds. But then they started paying other big name guilds to transfer in. They wanted to make a push to get to tier one so they stacked the server numbers.

Other servers have done it too so its not a slam against TC directly… just against those that are ON a stacked server… then come to the forums saying “this is a great buff!”… you have no understanding of anything BUT the stacking mentality.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I knew players on TC were delusional, but lol @ this.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Ya that guy is nuts lol.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Ostra, TC has beaten JQ and SoR. TC actually stomped them on occasion, waypointing their keeps for full days.

And actually, I don’t think the majority of TC players want to be in t1 rank. The comments I hear about tier 1 are always bad. It has a reputation for being full of spys and cheats.

Still not following what you mean by “stacked.” Some guilds have joined the server and some of them are good at WvW. Not sure why that is a bad thing.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Well, don’t know where you guys were, but we arent playing JQ or SoR this week, because we have stomped them too many times recently.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Well, don’t know where you guys were, but we arent playing JQ or SoR this week, because we have stomped them too many times recently.

Dude, please lay off the drugs… they are doing bad things to you.

We’ve never beaten either JQ or SoR in any match.

DB and FA, yes but JQ, SoR, or BG… no.

And Ostra, please cut it with the “TC bought Guilds” kitten… we didn’t. Did Guilds transfer in absolutely and did it make us stacked compared to any Server outside of NA T1 yes it did. But it wasn’t some nefarious plot where TC somehow bribed a whole bunch of Guilds to transfer.

There are plenty on TC who hate Bloodlust and are protesting/boycotting it as well. We can see that it is bad for the game overall.

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

While I generally disagree with the buffs, I think folks are over-reacting a fair bit as well. More often then not I see the buffs moving around and you never seem to have +100 or more for very long.

Bottom line is that the stat balance is only going to mess up close fights and let’s be honest, how often do we actually have those? When I spent all my time soloing I fought on average one person a week worth fighting, the rest of the fights, the buff would have no impact at all on the outcome.

It impacts GvG, but if the GvG community (big generalization here) didn’t strut around like roosters because they managed to master a hammer train they might be in better standing with their fellow players and be able to ask them to balance the buffs out for the duration of the GvG.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Rackhir, I did get the initials wrong. Not JQ, although they don’t seem like that big of a deal on the receiving end of a few arrow carts.

SoR, I am pretty sure we have beaten them but I did not memorize the date. (Think it was within the last 6 weeks.)

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Lol, no. Never.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Devon, is that you?!?

No its Habib

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

We’ll see. It didnt matter that much to me to memorize the date, but SoR is definitely not that big of a deal.

I think it was JQ we kicked out of our third for breakfast this morning and they have not gotten past flipping a few abandonded towers and supply camps since.

It isnt that tier 1 servers are so much better than TC, it is that TC can be so much better than it is when we try at all. That is the fun of WvW for me, seeing how good we can get.

For the Toast!

(edited by Nanyetah Elohi.4852)