Are you going to still play WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Ostra, what do you mean by stacking?

I’m pretty sure TC can beat JQ and SoR whether they outnumber us or not.

If it turns out we have no competition during the tournament it will not be a big deal. Something will eventually change. One thing we can count on from ANet is change.

Devon, is that you?!?

No its Habib

No.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

While I generally disagree with the buffs, I think folks are over-reacting a fair bit as well. More often then not I see the buffs moving around and you never seem to have +100 or more for very long.

Bottom line is that the stat balance is only going to mess up close fights and let’s be honest, how often do we actually have those? When I spent all my time soloing I fought on average one person a week worth fighting, the rest of the fights, the buff would have no impact at all on the outcome.

It impacts GvG, but if the GvG community (big generalization here) didn’t strut around like roosters because they managed to master a hammer train they might be in better standing with their fellow players and be able to ask them to balance the buffs out for the duration of the GvG.

You miss the point. Many people are not reacting to the bloodlust buff in isolation. For many, like myself, Bloodlust is the straw that broke the camel’s back. You can search back into this thread if you want a explanation of how I feel.

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

We’ll see. It didnt matter that much to me to memorize the date, but SoR is definitely not that big of a deal.

I think it was JQ we kicked out of our third for breakfast this morning and they have not gotten past flipping a few abandonded towers and supply camps since.

It isnt that tier 1 servers are so much better than TC, it is that TC can be so much better than it is when we try at all. That is the fun of WvW for me, seeing how good we can get.

im gonna say you’ve been playing for about…. 3 or 4 months max? PPT and stuff like that was fun and id even talk trash in matchup forums when i started playing, but you slowly realize that its meaningless. Especially with all these new stat buffs and bloodlust that make servers statistically better then others, hence making “skill” less of a factor.

not to mention that its all just a #’s game the way WvW is setup. So you “going up against” those better servers is really just “did we have enough people on to zerg them back?”

on YB we’ve been blown out before PPT wise, but you could hop on and fight some of the worst players you’ve ever fought in your life on that server. PPT does not = skill

heck even watching some of the GvG made me laugh since it was just training into huge groups and spamming abilities. But I could at least recognize that the GvG required more skill then PPT

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Rackhir…

Out of respect for this guy/gal. I am removing this statement.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

(edited by Ostra.3927)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

if i stop wvw, i stop gw2. there’s nothing to do in this game—- even Hello Kitty Online has more pve/pvp content than gw2.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in WvW

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

Everybody hold!! They may still introduce instant healing pot with no cooldown! :p May the spam (and the keyboard stress testing) begin!

Btw, i like this new central area and mini sPvP mechanics; keeping the buff is not so easy as it looks and imho does not favor larger zerg or bigger server at all…

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Why you all Think it is bad that Arenanet did something so you help your server with kills i dont understand, first it is bad PVD then its bad PVP. 3players can get the buff and if your server dont have 3 players then….

in WvW

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

Can’t really say yet, but I guess I won’t continue playing WvW which ultimately means I will quit the entire game altogether.
There’s some big titles coming up, and if only one of them delivers half of what they promised I see no reason to further stick around WvW/GW2.

There’s just too many things going wrong with GW2. I took a long break few months after release, came back and really enjoyed WvW again. Was kinda excited about those WXP ranks. Found out it’s an endless grind. Meh. They bring in ascended weapons. More Grind. Meh. Won’t take too long until they bring in ascended armor I guess. Even more grind. Meh. Everything in this game seems to just evolve around grinding out <whatever> endlessly.
I’m not really into PvE content, but even on that front GW2 fails to deliver. Is there any end-game content at all?
As far as living story goes; stopped participating in that a long time ago. Was kinda excited about it at the start, but everything just seemed so boring, repetitive, uninspired and.. well.. grindy after a while.

sPvP is a joke hands down, and pretty much dead anyways. Did never have any media/esports attention to begin with, yet these guys are still screwing up balance in their most successful PvP mode (WvW) with their delusional idea of getting sPvP into a market they have no business competing in.

I have no idea how the creators of GW1 managed to drive its successor into the ground as hard and as fast as they did, but it happened, sadly. I enjoyed GW1 for half a decade, GW2 hardly lasted a few months.

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

We have lots of people playing in TC and we have been playing better than ever since we got matched up with much stronger opponents. The numbers look like we are losing but we are getting better, more skilled, better leadership and strategy, better defense. Go ahead and quit.

As one of the TC regulars I can say that from what I have seen there seems to be a definite population drop in the three BLs (non-EB)…. perhaps at times there is a good number, but the pattern is clear: it is dropping like a rock at many of the times of day now.

I saw the garri fall the other day to what appeared to be one full party….. took them ages to take it….calls for help were met with crickets….there was virtually three of us in the entire zone it seemed. Garri had zero supply and all of the seige weapons had according to one of the others been non-existent for hours.

I know a lot of people are doing Teq, as I have as well… but the fact is that many people in the map chat are not talking good thoughts regarding the map and Bloodlust additions…

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

There’s just too many things going wrong with GW2. I took a long break few months after release, came back and really enjoyed WvW again. Was kinda excited about those WXP ranks. Found out it’s an endless grind. Meh. They bring in ascended weapons. More Grind. Meh. Won’t take too long until they bring in ascended armor I guess. Even more grind. Meh. Everything in this game seems to just evolve around grinding out <whatever> endlessly.
I’m not really into PvE content, but even on that front GW2 fails to deliver. Is there any end-game content at all?

As far as living story goes; stopped participating in that a long time ago. Was kinda excited about it at the start, but everything just seemed so boring, repetitive, uninspired and.. well.. grindy after a while.

I constantly hear my guild mates say what rank they are after they rank up and while it does suck to hear they’re rank 634 or something and you’re still rank 13, the only thing it does is make them a bigger target, or that’s what I’ve heard from them. People seem to see ‘Bronze Champion’ or ‘Silver Invader’ and lock onto that tag.

I actually stopped caring about my rank because when WvW rank is character bound rather than account bound, there is no overall point to playing alts when they will be weaker and not be as proficient with siege as your main, and I didn’t like that thought one bit. If my guild or team needs another Mesmer, I’ll switch. They need a Guardian? Sure, I’ll change. If they ever need someone to disrupt enemy supplies (While I’m not very good at it yet.), I’ll do it. I’m willing to put my own progress aside to help out my server, and I think I get more of a reward out of doing that than straight up grinding.

I’m willing to admit that the latest Living Story has been kind of lame lately, following the same old formula over and over again. It started out kind of cool with Southsun Cove and exploring that island (Or heckhole, one of the two), Fire and Frost was also cool but now that we’re getting ready to jump into Twilight Assault, the trend really hasn’t changed; more monsters to fight IE; the clockwork devils, another story dungeon that will be incredibly hard, a new JP, possibly a boss, and new craftables. Yippee, yawn. I gave up on SAB due to it being a chore rather than something fun and on Scarlett’s Invasions because Frostgorge farming was more efficient. They need to introduce a whole new explorable area, or something.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

How cute am I?

HOW.

CUTE.

AM

I?!!!

:D

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Then youa re going to be very sad with the league Nany.

7 weeks. 3-4 of those are gonna be you guys steamrolling the enemy and them not even out there because of the number difference. You are outmanned by BG and SoR and JQ by maybe 2-1 odds because of the stacking TC did…

wait til you outnumber the enemy 10-1… you will be having a blast.

It’s amusing they think they can beat JQ, BG & SOR when they’ve had a full field of squishies and fairweathers while dominating lower pop. servers. When the TC zergs face a disciplined and coordinated smaller force, they crumble and scatter on the map.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

To be fair, that’s just one guy spouting off and apparently he doesn’t know much match history. I’d be surprised if he was actually even on TC, given the comments.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Well, don’t know where you guys were, but we arent playing JQ or SoR this week, because we have stomped them too many times recently.

Dude, please lay off the drugs… they are doing bad things to you.

We’ve never beaten either JQ or SoR in any match.

DB and FA, yes but JQ, SoR, or BG… no.

And Ostra, please cut it with the “TC bought Guilds” kitten… we didn’t. Did Guilds transfer in absolutely and did it make us stacked compared to any Server outside of NA T1 yes it did. But it wasn’t some nefarious plot where TC somehow bribed a whole bunch of Guilds to transfer.

There are plenty on TC who hate Bloodlust and are protesting/boycotting it as well. We can see that it is bad for the game overall.

Well thanks for informing your server mate he’s delusional. As for “bought guilds”, it’s possible this happened, even though you just don’t know about it. It’s a common practice among servers that are trying to stack to T1.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Well, don’t know where you guys were, but we arent playing JQ or SoR this week, because we have stomped them too many times recently.

Dude, please lay off the drugs… they are doing bad things to you.

We’ve never beaten either JQ or SoR in any match.

DB and FA, yes but JQ, SoR, or BG… no.

And Ostra, please cut it with the “TC bought Guilds” kitten… we didn’t. Did Guilds transfer in absolutely and did it make us stacked compared to any Server outside of NA T1 yes it did. But it wasn’t some nefarious plot where TC somehow bribed a whole bunch of Guilds to transfer.

There are plenty on TC who hate Bloodlust and are protesting/boycotting it as well. We can see that it is bad for the game overall.

Well thanks for informing your server mate he’s delusional. As for “bought guilds”, it’s possible this happened, even though you just don’t know about it. It’s a common practice among servers that are trying to stack to T1.

I am obviously female. My age and region of residence is also obvious. So is yours.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I sometimes feel like a bottom in this ANet GW2 relationship. I want to stop but somebody always needs killing.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”