Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: MosesZD.7428

MosesZD.7428

SBI, already too small to compete successfully in in Tier 4, you gave us a Tier 2 and a Tier 3 to complete against? I mean, here we are, reset night, and people are already giving up for the week as it’s clearly hopeless as we are completely out-manned on every map. Our 25 man zerg hits their 60+ man zerg and BOOM! Wipe.

Wipe. After wipe. After wipe. After wipe. At least we get the outmanned buff. But it’s a joke. We have ZERO chance to even make a respectable tick. Way to drive people away from WvW… What’s next in the joke match-ups, Ferguson’s Crossing against Sanctum of Rall?

You really should have used a NARROWER/SMALLER random seed to prevent horse-kitten like this. Make the necessary changes, but slowly and incrementally. Instead of so large and over-the-top so a server gets crushed with no hope of competing.

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

did u really expect a different outcome ? ppl whined for months wanting random match up well u got them . now we r all gonna have kitten matches from time to time killing wvw

all anet had to do was winner move up losers down and everyone woulda been happy

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

This person is saying that the range is too big, not that there shouldn’t have been any change.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Absolute.6145

Absolute.6145

Agreed, this is the most kittened thing I have ever seen. Yeah lets take teams in tier 4 and throw them up into tier 2, THAT will surely make them happy! =D GG anet, as usual, its a flop. You put about as much thought into this change as you did that 1 boss “dungeon” lol

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Reloading.3260

Reloading.3260

Everyone knows how successful anet is at implementing rng.

Surprised?

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Surprised?

you’re absolutely brilliant

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Well, this was expected. If you didn’t realize this was gonna happen, you haven’t been paying attention to the track record on WvW.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Flashlight.3125

Flashlight.3125

Well you guys got quite lucky compared to us in Europe.
Our server (rank 20) is facing a rank 8 and a rank 10 server.
We moved up 4 tiers, which is way to much.
I wished it was only 2 tiers, I envy you guys of SBI.

Blue Flashlight
OMNI Commander, Gunnars Hold

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

Surprised?

Don’t you mean this is what happens when any game implements rng?

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

(edited by Elochai.1280)

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

What’s annoying is the lack of fighting spirit, and the lack of foresight. This week may suck for SBI, but what about next week? Next week you could be the server with the mega-zergs. Enjoy the variety! Enjoy the experience! Learn new tactics! Just stop the QQ!

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Elochai.1280

What’s annoying is the lack of fighting spirit, and the lack of foresight. This week may suck for SBI, but what about next week? Next week you could be the server with the mega-zergs. Enjoy the variety! Enjoy the experience! Learn new tactics! Just stop the QQ!

When variety produces crap, variety is not longer enjoyable.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

This is the forums, when kids get killed by a thief they come on and vent their anger towards whatever they can. Best idea is to just ignore useless, unproductive threads like this.

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

I’m from Ebay and quite frankly ANET PLEASE SWITCH SBI AND EBAY!!!

We want to wipe their 60 man zergs w/ our 15!!!

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Dumb Woob.9415

Dumb Woob.9415

Don’t despair! If this continues, SBI will move up 60 Elo points after this round. Honest. Since you’re so much lower rated than your opponents, you don’t have to score as many points to get a positive rating. It’s sort of like how a draw in chess can result in a rating change if the opponents are rated much different from each other.

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Elochai.1280

Don’t despair! If this continues, SBI will move up 60 Elo points after this round. Honest. Since you’re so much lower rated than your opponents, you don’t have to score as many points to get a positive rating. It’s sort of like how a draw in chess can result in a rating change if the opponents are rated much different from each other.

I’m pretty sure most players don’t care about rating, but care more about good enjoyable matchups.

Commander

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I do agree the range does need to be narrowed a tiny bit. I also realize that there may come a time that SBI will be the dominant server and The other servers will not so much be.

However at the same time I think that for a while a large range is needed to get a more accurate picture of where everyone should be. Then they can narrow it down to where the most you will get a random draw on is up one tier or down one Tier.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: fritanga.1623

fritanga.1623

Hard work doesn’t pay off for a server in WvW any more. When one finally gets up enough to move up a tier and they face the same people, it just ruins the game for everyone. Its like if someone were stuck at level 79 in PvE and couldn’t progress because they decided to end the mission that gets them to 80. Most would leave because it is an indicator of a broken game with broken mechanics. This is how Ehmry Bay feels right now collectively as well.

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Hard work doesn’t pay off for a server in WvW any more. When one finally gets up enough to move up a tier and they face the same people, it just ruins the game for everyone. Its like if someone were stuck at level 79 in PvE and couldn’t progress because they decided to end the mission that gets them to 80. Most would leave because it is an indicator of a broken game with broken mechanics. This is how Ehmry Bay feels right now collectively as well.

Question is…..how many will quit the game due to Anet’s incompetence?

The debate is on w/ me right now

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Eviator.9746

I’m actually considering quitting the game due to players’ incessant whinning. I’m getting too old for that garbage.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I know we are opponents, and likely to be your biggest headaches this week.

But I assure you,
SBI will have a better time fighting as hard as they can, paying attention to what DB and Maguuma are doing, and learn some new tricks to take into future matches.

I don’t think DB and SBI have been in a match together in quite some time, I will certainly be paying attention to what SBI is doing.

Dragonbrand

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: fritanga.1623

fritanga.1623

I’m actually considering quitting the game due to players’ incessant whinning. I’m getting too old for that garbage.

good luck finding a game without that.

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

The trick is quitting the forum.

Things are much more pleasant in game.

Dragonbrand

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Eviator.9746

good luck finding a game without that.

As strange as it sounds, I wouldn’t actually replace that time with games. :shock and awe ensues:

That is the trick, isn’t it. I like being engaged with the community, but I’m starting to see how miguided that is.

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

They shouldn’t move servers more than 1 tier, if any all. I prefer “none at all”.

Opponents are pretty much amorphous mob. People don’t play that differently on different server. Classes are the same, strategies are fairly similar. it’s not like in sports where one server runs a wide open offense while another exhibits a tight defensive game. This is a cosmetic change – variety for the sake of variety.

The numbers between servers however are different. And to a large degree – WvW is about numbers.

So instead of having TC, FA and DB in my bracket, we have SoS who moved up not 1 but 2 tiers. They are already outmanned on at least one of the BLs – and it is opening night. What do you think will happen later in the week. Nobody wants to play outmanned defense all week. If the 2 top servers focus on the weaker server for a while, the weaker server gets steamrollered.

I am on TC. Give me back DB. I don’t want to kill outmanned SoS players.

Tarnished Coast

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Hematuria.4051

Hematuria.4051

did u really expect a different outcome ? ppl whined for months wanting random match up well u got them . now we r all gonna have kitten matches from time to time killing wvw

all anet had to do was winner move up losers down and everyone woulda been happy

So what would the top tier and the bottom tier do? They either can’t move up or can’t move down respectively.

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

That is the trick, isn’t it. I like being engaged with the community, but I’m starting to see how miguided that is.

I stay on the forums because they don’t bother me.

In a game, with a medium like this. There will always be people to complain about any change.
Even if it directly contradicts what the cries were for the week before.

Sometimes I just stay inside the WvW matchup thread.

Dragonbrand

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

So what would the top tier and the bottom tier do? They either can’t move up or can’t move down respectively.

You stay where you are until someone overthrows you or you overthrow someone else.

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

Hate to be the one to have to say it SBI, but numbers have never been your main problem. You guys just… aren’t that good. As others pointed out, maybe you should take this as an opportunity to learn from some better servers. I wish you the best of luck, may we one day meet again on the fields of battle.

~A Citizen of Crystal Desert

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

I don’t speak for everyone on SoS, but not only have we seen the most people coming out for reset tonight that we have in a long, long time, but the resounding consensus on TS3 was that we’re very happy with the match we’ve been given, even though we’ve been bumped up two tiers.

Yes, we’re going to lose. By a lot. And especially as the week wears on, it’s going to be noticeable that we’re rather outnumbered and outmatched during parts of the day (how will our Oceanics stack up? Will be interesting to find out). But, even if we don’t have the numbers, we’re going to go out there, shake off some rust, try to get back to playing at our best and have some kitten fun.

Sea of Sorrows

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Ebay is no more happy with our match-up… The same kitteningzergherding match-up we’ve had for the last 12 weeks I might add. Would be lovely to trade you guys spots. C’mon! What does it take to get our kittening teeth kicked in once and a while around here, by someone with the actual power to do it right?! Sure, Anvil Rock can sucker punch and bloody our nose for an hour or so once in a while if we REEEEALLY tick them off, but we’ve had consistant 120k-150k lead in our tier for ages!

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Reiko.1560

Reiko.1560

Hate to be the one to have to say it SBI, but numbers have never been your main problem. You guys just… aren’t that good. As others pointed out, maybe you should take this as an opportunity to learn from some better servers. I wish you the best of luck, may we one day meet again on the fields of battle.

~A Citizen of Crystal Desert

Quoted for posterity.

LOL

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

Keep in mind the rating system will expect you to do very poorly. You could focus on just one map and score some points and really pick up some rating very easily this week. Or you could just give up without even trying.

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Billaboong.6821

Billaboong.6821

SBI, already too small to compete successfully in in Tier 4, you gave us a Tier 2 and a Tier 3 to complete against? I mean, here we are, reset night, and people are already giving up for the week as it’s clearly hopeless as we are completely out-manned on every map. Our 25 man zerg hits their 60+ man zerg and BOOM! Wipe.

Wipe. After wipe. After wipe. After wipe. At least we get the outmanned buff. But it’s a joke. We have ZERO chance to even make a respectable tick. Way to drive people away from WvW… What’s next in the joke match-ups, Ferguson’s Crossing against Sanctum of Rall?

You really should have used a NARROWER/SMALLER random seed to prevent horse-kitten like this. Make the necessary changes, but slowly and incrementally. Instead of so large and over-the-top so a server gets crushed with no hope of competing.

Same problem on tier 9. There is Ring of Fire with perma +580 point. No way to play

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

I don’t get people’s constant complaining sometimes. Facing the same servers months on row is what makes things really boring and a lot less people were playing WvW because of that. With the new matchup I see players returning and it’s sooo much more fun for us all of the sudden.

Sure, you can run into some tough opponents every now and then, but it’s how it works. My advice would be for outmanned servers to focus their efforts on just one map (EB in particular), and you should be able to field large enough zergs to compete with those servers that have a much higher rating than you. Sure, you’re not going to get a lot of points, but atleast you can have fun competing on that single map, and that’s all that matters right?

This is not Anet’s fail, this is people whining instantly when things are not going their way. Ring of Fire is another example, they are stuck with Vabbi and FoW but fail to realize that Blacktide and Arborstone went through the exact same situation they are in now, but instead weeks on row. All the new matchup system does is rotate which server is put in T9 more, which is only fair in my opinion. And honestly, if my server would be put there I’d strong consider transferring to either Vabbi or FoW.

Member of TUP on Gandara

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

So this guy says use a narrower smaller seed because his server moved up to far.

My server didnt move at all technically since we are fighting the same servers we have been for 3 months. Tier 1 didn’t move at all.

So Narrower or larger which one is correct? The correct one is the one that fits the situation your currently in.

People on my server would want a wider range if it was done again since we got stuck. SBI wants it narrower.

Anyway everyone either has to deal with it or stop playing or something. There is no perfect answer here.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

This is not Anet’s fail, this is people whining instantly when things are not going their way. Ring of Fire is another example, they are stuck with Vabbi and FoW but fail to realize that Blacktide and Arborstone went through the exact same situation they are in now, but instead weeks on row.

But we did not loose against AS and WSR. We won with more than 100k difference to each server.
What is the point of playing WvW when even winning will take you down? And loosing (AS) will take you up?

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Did you guys really expected changes without any issues?

Not just at ArenaNet, but game updates or changes in general never are perfect, and often enough are more annoying than pleasing.

But hey, people were complaining like crazy that they wanted new matchups or random matchups, 1-up 1-down whatever. Here’s your change. Not happy? What? The previous system was better? Too bad.

;)

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

I have made a thread detailing how this would actually play out

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/These-mismatches-are-a-major-worry-for-WvW/first#post2134194

It’s all we need, it’s so simple yet effective!

If it’s good enough for FIFA and UEFA, I’m sure it’s good enough for Arenanet.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

But we did not loose against AS and WSR. We won with more than 100k difference to each server.
What is the point of playing WvW when even winning will take you down? And loosing (AS) will take you up?

You did not go down, you were just matched up with the two tier 9 servers. Best way to see it is that there are no tiers, just 9 matches. You gain rating based on how much you’re winning, depending on the rating of the servers you’re facing. And the more points you gain, the less it is likely you will be matched up with Vabbi and FoW. You just rolled really low, and next week it’ll probably be someone else matched against those servers. You’re still less likely to be matched up with them again than WSR, AS or BT. And they all had their fair share of spending time in T9 already, so I’d say try to endure this week or consider taking the high road and join Vabbi/FoW.

Member of TUP on Gandara

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

SBI is still gaining rating this week.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: etildelafuente.1349

etildelafuente.1349

Neither steamrolling opponents nor getting steamrolled is fun.
Maybe Anet could use the average WvW players per server (per day, per week, whatever) in their magic formula before rolling the dice.

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Maybe ANet could incentivize players to quit stacking on the same T1/T2 servers

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

With these randomisation we finally can see the extent of population imbalances. Maybe “they” will see and reduce the number of servers and thus tiers…

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Why do I keep seeing people say “SBI is gaining rating this weekend”

A. No one gives two craps about rating….Because Rating was about Population and nothing else…The reason we were down in Tiers was because we had no population….and it was getting stale getting zerged over and over again all day long at nights because SOS had a huge zerg that just PVD.

B. Pairing us against 2 servers with bigger population doesn’t help us, improving our rating when the match simply isn’t fun isn’t a help…The fact that Anet thought this change in the first place was a good idea shows how dumb they really are when it comes to WvW… The only thing I enjoy about it is we have a lot of Anet people on SBI, and i’m hoping they get zerged into the ground with their terrible idea..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’m on SBI and been here since launch and been there for all but a few resets. And this was one of the most fun resets I’ve had – top 5 I’d say. We did well. And congrats to all SBI who were out there and fighting the hard fight. There were good fights, we got wiped, we wiped the enemy.

We were ticking over 200 at one point last night. We had our third/half of DB BL for most of the time I was on. We were holding our own in EB it looked like – getting pushed back at times but then rebounded.

I understand our home BL had it tough – but that is the toughest map to hold. And whomever was on that map, did an awesome job from my perspective. It looked like we held the two northern towers most of the time. And this is against the #5 and #7 rated server!

Moses and anyone else who feels overmatched, please don’t quit, we need you.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Well, y’know, this isn’t all that different from when I first tried out WvW on SBI when SoR was in the mix.

I much prefer being outmanned to outmanning the opponent, honestly – commanders tend to be more willing to get creative.

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Why do I keep seeing people say “SBI is gaining rating this weekend”

A. No one gives two craps about rating….Because Rating was about Population and nothing else…The reason we were down in Tiers was because we had no population….and it was getting stale getting zerged over and over again all day long at nights because SOS had a huge zerg that just PVD.

B. Pairing us against 2 servers with bigger population doesn’t help us, improving our rating when the match simply isn’t fun isn’t a help…The fact that Anet thought this change in the first place was a good idea shows how dumb they really are when it comes to WvW… The only thing I enjoy about it is we have a lot of Anet people on SBI, and i’m hoping they get zerged into the ground with their terrible idea..

Completely agree. Personally I think ANET still think ranking is why people fight and yet their policies around 24/7 coverage and free transfers basically destroyed the point of rankings a long time ago.

So now we get ranking points as an incentive to why its great to have lopsided, boring, blow out matches. We said this would happen, and here we are, just as predicted.

~ AoN ~

Are you kidding me?

in WvW

Posted by: snowaugar.1823

snowaugar.1823

Everyone cried to have it and now that they have it they’re crying when they change it again they will cry…. welcome to the infinite q.q cycle