Are you or your friend new to WvW?

Are you or your friend new to WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Hey everyone! Killchain here and I’m back with another series of guides designed to help newer GW2 players touch base with world vs world. With Season 1 well underway we are seeing many players that once ignored WvW keen to get in to do their achievements and there has certainly been frustrations surrounding that.

With that I’m hopeful this new series of videos will educate a lot of the new WvW’ers and encourage them to participate more than just for achievement and help contribute to their respective servers WvW matchups. As such I encourage anyone to try spread this thread to anyone interested in trying WvW. So lets dive right into it!

Youtube Link

WvW and How to enter

Quite simple, I’d imagine most people know how to do this but none the less we’ll cover it briefly, all major cities have 4 asura gates.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/b/b2/Battleground-transport.jpg/300px-Battleground-transport.jpg

These gates are colored coded to represent each borderlands map as well as a “teal” color for the Eternal Battlegrounds.

Alternatively and far more easily, you can bring up the WvW Scoreboard ( Default ‘b’ ) and enter via the dropdown box.

Scoring

Every 15 minutes your current PPT or " Points per Tick " is added to your servers overall score, this PPT is made up of all objectives you hold across the 4 maps. There are 4 different types of objectives granting varying PPT.

Camps run 5 points a pop
Towers are 10
Keeps grant 25 while,
Stonemist Castle is 35!

Additionally for every bloodlust buff you own, each stomp you perform on an enemy player ( important to note STOMP not defeat via damage ) attributes 1 point to your servers overall score. Although it doesn’t seem a lot this is HUGE. Allow me to explain…

Each map I believe has a capacity of 300 players meaning 100 per server. Across all 4 maps thats 400 total players for your server. If we get those 400 players to stomp 20 enemies in a day thats 8000 points!

Now imagine this…to maintain that rate of 20 stomps a day you just need each player within world vs world to stomp at least 1 player per hour, thats next to nothing! Over the course of the week that can end up being anywhere up to 56,000 points for that weeks matchup!!1!One!!

Siege

Its also important to familiarize yourself with siege even if you only solo roam or do small scale groups its handy to know what siege performs best for what tasks and the costs of supply for said siege.

Siege Description Supply Cost

Flame Ram Bread and butter siege for getting through gates. 40

Arrow Cart The anti-infantry siege dealing aoe. 30

Ballista High single target damage to infantry and enemy siege 30

Catapult Can damage gates but wrecks walls. 50

Trebuchet Similar to catapults but its strength is its massive 10,000 range 100

Golem Can blitz gates faster than anything, the only mobile siege 100

Now these siege weapons do have “superior” upgraded versions at a slightly more cost of supply but as a basic guide we won’t cover them just yet but they will be overviewed in future guides / videos.

Thanks for you time, share this with all those newbies to WvW =)
~Killchain