Are you trolling us?

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

So… When the majority of WvW players feel like siege golems shouldn’t even exist, Anet decides to do this:

World vs. World

Hop into World vs. World between July 17 and July 24 to experience our newest special event, Golem Rush, where siege golems are better, faster, and stronger!
During the special event, all golems will be supercharged and have the following effects:
All siege golems in WvW no longer require supply to construct.
All siege golems in WvW will deal 100% additional damage to other golems and players.
All siege golems in WvW will move at 100% additional movement speed.

Basically I’m speechless. Cya next week, maybe…

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

They still need to get rid of those duped omegas…

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

How do you know it’s the majority?

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

You beat me to this post, apparently Anet have no paid attention to ANY TOPIC/POST about the insane LAG in WvW atm, and now they decided to make it that you can have golem zergs, this is beyond stupid.

Furthermore can you imagine if your on a server that struggles against normal players, you are going to get completely destroyed now.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Drew.7192

Drew.7192

""Hop into World vs. World between July 17 and July 24 to experience our newest special event, Golem Rush, where siege golems are better, faster, and stronger! ""

I read this and said “WTF” outloud. This has to be a joke right?

(edited by Drew.7192)

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

i’m pretty sure a golem 80 vs 80 would lag a lot less then a regular zerg vs zerg. Still.. Anet please stop tortureing WvW players. Please!

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Might aswell postpone PPT for that week, especially if you get lopsided RNG MUs.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Good i mean excellent way to kitten off the veteran players. It’s a joke but also an indication they do read our complaints, and do the opposite, giving more incentives to golem rush.

Think it was a german dev coming with this “idea”.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Koloyuki.3940

Koloyuki.3940

please put this only in eotm, it has no place in normal wvw.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Hahaha…Lay of the doobie anet ! ;d

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: lightson.2310

lightson.2310

So far this patch has made me a fair bit of gold

turned just under a stack of Alphas into 150g lol 85s each

Sven – Ele
[Re][Crng][vE]
https://www.youtube.com/c/SvenGw2

(edited by lightson.2310)

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Chunky Milk.2130

Chunky Milk.2130

Someone hold my pumpkin spice latte because on a scale of 1 to even I just can’t right now…

[Hide]/[DP]

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Dang !!!!!!!!!!!!

I otta get me some omega prints then and get ready to hop down and join some GVGs !!!!!

LOL clean up the BL from the GVG trash and send em packing to some different BL, this will be great !!!!

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

This came under the heading features and content, there was no content, and this golem event is prob last thing any real wvwer wants, they could have given us a wvw season but no we get this farce of an event, which clearly has alterior motives behind it, as someone else pointed out, they prob just want people to get rid of duped golems.
I am quite angry about this tbh, I feel like its a slap in the face once again, wvwers have been asking for some love for a long long time then we get this? REALLY?

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Lmfao, people are so over dramatic. It’s for a few days. And it’s a video game. How about have fun with it instead of acting like it’s the end of the world?

I’m excited about this… I can stop sitting in towers, starting upgrades, scouting, building siege and refreshing, etc. for the week and enjoy a mindless farm with a bunch of golems, it sounds great. It could cost us the match because we don’t have enough coverage who knows but it’ll be fun none the less and that’s the point of the game isn’kitten I thought all anyone ever did anymore was PPT anyway.

Please put the game down and step outside for a while if you’re actually angry about this.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Everybody knows Nutella, right? The “chocolate” spread. So the company who makes this has had (or still has, haven’t watched TV for more than 10 years) the worst commercials ever, but they thought it worked because people were buying their stuff. Truth is, their stuff is that good that even the commercials couldn’t destroy their sales.
Similar can be said about GW2 – awesome combat system, wvw is/was really great, most of PvE is great, but the decisions you guys make are insane. And this is one of them. Spend some time in wvw, not only tier 1, and learn what is important to wvw.
Hint: It’s not a golem rush, even though we won’t have class balancing issues if we’re all in a golem.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Oh comeon with the drama (oh anet doesn’t listen to us they must hate us) crap.

If this hits itl be something DIFFERENT in wvw for for the first time in such a long while that frankly they could turn us all into siege squirrels with only one attack skill and id be happy.

Just something to change up the game.

For a week even the most heavily fortified keep is a target. Golems will be used to fight golems on a massive scale. I am okay with that.

Its not a permanent thing. Its a short term (kitten it all) kind of event where the normal and BORING methods are tossed out the window for awhile in favor of chaos.

You should be looking at this as an opportunity to finally full flip the servers that before you couldn’t even touch.

Ghost Yak

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Could we use golems in sPvP too?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

This Ladies and Gentlemen is just how far out of touch they are with WvW. We may be whiny at times but we know what we want, I think this whole Golem thing is just another nail in the board proving how little they listen.

I’m willing to bet even those that think this is a great thing become bored with it within an hour.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Oh comeon with the drama (oh anet doesn’t listen to us they must hate us) crap.

If this hits itl be something DIFFERENT in wvw for for the first time in such a long while that frankly they could turn us all into siege squirrels with only one attack skill and id be happy.

Just something to change up the game.

For a week even the most heavily fortified keep is a target. Golems will be used to fight golems on a massive scale. I am okay with that.

Its not a permanent thing. Its a short term (kitten it all) kind of event where the normal and BORING methods are tossed out the window for awhile in favor of chaos.

You should be looking at this as an opportunity to finally full flip the servers that before you couldn’t even touch.

That does not justify a terrible idea imo.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: este.8651

este.8651

I think the people who are saying this will be “different” yada yada, don’t actually play WvW. They think its just like another PvE update that has a little different flavor.

In WvW people play for entire servers. The player base plays frequently and we take play seriously. You are just putting more control players have over other players. This is not an even playing field because its a “pay to win” event. Everyone who can afford it can buy golems and blobs who have them will just cause the other team to leave map.

So why exactly would you promote an event that encourages other players to not play????

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Is it April Fools and I missed the memo?

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

I can’t wait for the 150 golem three way in Stonemist.

I think this is going to be fun. It will at least break up the drudgery.

It’s just a light hearted event that only lasts a week so I think people shouldn’t take it so seriously.

I play every night for many hours and I love smashing BG/TC heads but having a break with some golem PvP sounds nice for a change.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Wow. Just wow. I have no words.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Can’t wait to get all my bags by simply reflecting everything.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Spoon.6170

Spoon.6170

Somebody’s gonna get a nice PM, but I must say I totally agree with this post while it lasts…

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

You know.. if you think about this it’s brilliant.

With a single weekend event anet destroys the supply of omega and alpha golems on the tradepost and makes them valuable again. If players burn all their golems in one weekend they wont be able to golem rush as effectively as before.

Little red Lioka

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

With a single weekend event anet destroys the supply of omega and alpha golems on the tradepost and makes them valuable again. If players burn all their golems in one weekend they wont be able to golem rush as effectively as before.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, jokes aside its a somewhat clever solution in the long run

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I think the people who are saying this will be “different” yada yada, don’t actually play WvW. They think its just like another PvE update that has a little different flavor.

In WvW people play for entire servers. The player base plays frequently and we take play seriously. You are just putting more control players have over other players. This is not an even playing field because its a “pay to win” event. Everyone who can afford it can buy golems and blobs who have them will just cause the other team to leave map.

So why exactly would you promote an event that encourages other players to not play????

I play wvw all the time, and are you telling me the normal way can’t be taken for a shake up now and then? have a little fun, it a game not a job, lol.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

value is the average amount of work in a good, so nope. there will be a some jumps in the golem price because of supply and demand, but value stays the same in the long run as they changed none of the requirements to get them.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

value is the average amount of work in a good, so nope. there will be a some jumps in the golem price because of supply and demand, but value stays the same in the long run as they changed none of the requirements to get them.

Dupe exploits have flooded the market with golems several times that I remember. This will purge that supply source.

That being said, it’s still a semi-questionable idea.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Good i mean excellent way to kitten off the veteran players. It’s a joke but also an indication they do read our complaints, and do the opposite, giving more incentives to golem rush.

Think it was a german dev coming with this “idea”.

I am very happy to have you defending our border, mate. Having said that, please consider taking a week off during the period of this event, to avoid frustration.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Dev logs into GW2 forum every day.

Sees wall of complaints. Nothing positive.

Invents Golem event week.

Don`t think they aren`t reading.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

Golem Rush!! He He He ..this is going to be fun and hilarious.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Lmfao, people are so over dramatic. It’s for a few days. And it’s a video game. How about have fun with it instead of acting like it’s the end of the world?

I’m excited about this… I can stop sitting in towers, starting upgrades, scouting, building siege and refreshing, etc. for the week and enjoy a mindless farm with a bunch of golems, it sounds great. It could cost us the match because we don’t have enough coverage who knows but it’ll be fun none the less and that’s the point of the game isn’kitten I thought all anyone ever did anymore was PPT anyway.

Please put the game down and step outside for a while if you’re actually angry about this.

Yeah, you already played WvW the boring, lame way. So, I’m not too surprised shutting off WvW for a week doesn’t bother you.

Some of us, actually like to play our toons and use their skills in WvW, and for us, this is basically turning off WvW for a week.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Stop and think, this is a great way to get rid of the excess badges we have without screwing up the economy. Also, it’ll be fun!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I can see this being cool. For about an hour or two. It is going to get boring pretty fast. Because Golems themselves are pretty boring. Once the intial fun of large golem wars wears off there is really nothing left that is new. Oh i can take keeps with golems? I can do that now.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Yeah well the recent patch brought me back to WvW lately. Guess what this one is going to do? Yep back to BF4 for the week, who know’s when I’ll be back to this game again, maybe not..

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Are you trolling us?

in WvW

Posted by: PrinceHades.3615

PrinceHades.3615

I hear Elder Scrolls Online also has a WvW mode and it doesnt constantly get kittened by the dev’s.. Mass community transfer?