Arena Net trying to end her own game

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Some of those new upgrades do look like kitten. Wtkitten is with the banners? As if broken mesmers and miau wasn’t enough, now we have all of these random things branching out into bizarre game play. There’s no correlation anymore and WvW has become the blender for whatever the miaumiau they want to toss in. Dinosaurs, spirit banners, element towers, magi tech siege, broken classes that can kitten well permanent invis, .. what even in the kitten is going on?

in WvW

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Translation: I’m a WvW player and it doesn’t matter what they do for WvW I will never be happy because of the mindset I made myself have after self-imposed feelings of abandonment for WvW by ArenaNet.

These upgrades look very good, and helpful and healthy for the WvW scene. They are welcoming. Sure, some upgrades aren’t as good as others, but overall they look very promising.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

So plz tell me i am wrong and thats not why the game as gone f2p, next step will be full empty and hackers alley with all this free accounts

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You both are on wrong ends of the spectrum. Play the next stress test and hopefully they will have some of this stuff in it. Then you will know if ANET is brilliant or clueless.

Also, I will admit that the new map worries me. The last beta test ran for 24 hours. After the ANET promotion for the 3 three hours, pretty much everyone left. If they were having fun, I’d imagine people would have continued to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

On paper the upgrades look like they will spice up and overhaul WvW completely. Which is a good thing. That was my point, I was just rude about it :p

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in WvW

Posted by: KryTiKaL.3125

KryTiKaL.3125

So plz tell me i am wrong and thats not why the game as gone f2p, next step will be full empty and hackers alley with all this free accounts

The Core game went F2P, you still need to buy HoT to play without restrictions. I.E be able to use map chat, be able to access WvW before level 60, among others. Don’t use that as an excuse to vent your rage.

You’re silly.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Some of those new upgrades do look like kitten. Wtkitten is with the banners? As if broken mesmers and miau wasn’t enough, now we have all of these random things branching out into bizarre game play. There’s no correlation anymore and WvW has become the blender for whatever the miaumiau they want to toss in. Dinosaurs, spirit banners, element towers, magi tech siege, broken classes that can kitten well permanent invis, .. what even in the kitten is going on?

Many who aren’t here and who don’t frequent the forums certainly agree.

Broken mechanics.

F2P allowed in WvW leaving spying and cheating wide open again

Question on all aspects of the “new” mechanics without fixing the basics…

We have a right to say that things are not getting better in WvW, only more complicated and less fun than ever before.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

On paper the upgrades look like they will spice up and overhaul WvW completely. Which is a good thing. That was my point, I was just rude about it :p

You admit being rude but won’t change your attitude?

Scary and so not right.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: KryTiKaL.3125

KryTiKaL.3125

Again, Free Accounts can’t enter WvW, at all, until they get a character to level 60. This is not account wide, this is character specific.

Which mind you this is only true on accounts in the F2P game, which is only the core game. If they want access to WvW prior to getting a character to level 60 they need to prepurchase HoT for $50 or more depending on which edition they get. Which means no they aren’t instantly leveling with tomes because it’s a completely new account and tomes are account bound.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Free_accounts

Please, pay attention.

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

These changes are for casuals and Yak’s bend players. No shock that anet would rather bring stupid stuff like this when wvw should be about fights, not siege and ppt.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: uzo.9125

uzo.9125

Again, Free Accounts can’t enter WvW, at all, until they get a character to level 60. This is not account wide, this is character specific.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Free_accounts

Please, pay attention.

Erm..I am just jumping in to say that it is only 1 character you need to reach lvl 60 with, then it is unlocked account wide(which only means 1 more character as they can only have 2)

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

So what is your actual issue with the aspect you mentioned?

All you have done is list some things and deemed them as bad, with no explanation. You going to hash that out, or are you simply here to jumble the WvW forums with unexplained complaints?

Well okay, you are wrong, and it most reasonably isn’t what the game has a limited free to play aspect.

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Just read through the article, definitely looks like the end of solo roaming to me.

Also I believe there will be way too much environmental interference for guild raids to be fun anymore but we’ll just have to see how things turn out on this matter.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia