ArenaNet Polls and WvW possibilities

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

Hi Everyone, I’d like to share my thoughts on the current happenings on Anet polls and my ideas for possible wvw additions

I’m a tier 1 fight commander from Blackgate. Enjoy!

twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

The polls are nice, they just have one drawback. This one new thing nobody knew he would need but everyone appreciates. Thats what made Apple strong, cannot come through the current system. Through polls only improvements of the current system are possible.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Hi Everyone, I’d like to share my thoughts on the current happenings on Anet polls and my ideas for possible wvw additions

I’m a tier 1 fight commander from Blackgate. Enjoy!

Did not expect much because I suspect tier 1 to be different enough from anything I have played, but you make good points and I have to agree on most of them:

• are polls about WvW future a good thing? – yes. You also have to remember how long WvW was being neglected, so for many players any interest from Anet is such a blessing. WvW is all about being in community and polls are great as they give everyone a chance to affect WvW.
  • stop wasting time developing stuff you can not deliver – yes. Devs should rather do smaller fixes they can finish.
  • the scoring vs QoL poll – Yes, scoring is MUCH more important for lower tier servers where nobody can provide 24 hour coverage. The feeling that nothing you do will actually matter because there will be some fairly small group taking everything when you go to sleep, that is just so disgusting.
  • QoL won? – nope, scoring won.
  • Reward track poll – honestly, I don’t understand that either. Yes, put it in the game already.
  • Standard WvW items and stats – Yes! I completely agree, and there was recent thread about same idea with many players opposing it for just one reason – they have spent so much time and money crafting and gathering all those ascended pieces, they want to feel stronger now. That is such nonsense, PvP is great because you don’t have to grind items for it, because you win or lose based on your skills, not your equipment, and WvW would absolutely benefit from same idea. I have done my ascended stuff and I still hate all the time I wasted, I would much rather spent all that time in WvW instead.
  • WvW-only skins and sets – sure, I would play WvW without them but I also know people who would go nuts about exclusive items. More players = more fights.
  • Increase Points per Kill – In theory I agree but this works only well enough with fairly equal servers, like in tier 1. In lower tiers it is common for one server to have much more players available and so the kills become much easier to gain. I would prefer this to be based on number of players logged into WvW, so it awards more points for kills for the smaller server.
  • Commander tag colors – uh, I really do not understand why it is not in the game already. It can not be possibly that difficult to change the tag color, just add 50 of them and let everyone pick whatever they want.
  • Private commander tags – yes, these would be handy too. Then again, I look at previous point about color and if that is too much work, what is a chance we get this in near future?

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

• Standard WvW items and stats – Yes! I completely agree, and there was recent thread about same idea with many players opposing it for just one reason – they have spent so much time and money crafting and gathering all those ascended pieces, they want to feel stronger now. That is such nonsense, PvP is great because you don’t have to grind items for it, because you win or lose based on your skills, not your equipment, and WvW would absolutely benefit from same idea. I have done my ascended stuff and I still hate all the time I wasted, I would much rather spent all that time in WvW instead.

As I have stated before, standardizing armor sets and items only makes sense if the population of each opposing side is in balance, which even with the server linkings, this is still not happening across all server pairs and especially not during all times of the day. In a way, standardizing armor would just further promote blob-play on any given map because numbers would matter more than armor/items.