Arrow Cart Bots?

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Q:

I’ve noticed in some situations that AC circles appear to “follow” me as I run out of them, with new circles appearing at fairly precise intervals at a much faster rate (like, one a second) than is possible from one AC operator. It seems inconceivable that 2 or 3 operators would be sufficiently co-ordinated to consistently achieve this effect but I am seeing it really quite a lot. It’s not just me either, others on my server have noticed this phenomenon and commented on it.

This isn’t a “nerf AC” post by any means but a genuine question, given this behaviour am I seeing a hack/exploit/bot or is there some legitimate way of using ACs that I’m not aware of?

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: ahn.9271

ahn.9271

I note the same thing.

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

when i use an ac :

i always target specific classes that i know they are not using heavy armor and i follow them until i kill them.

i am not saying that there are not bots in www . maybe they are bots out there that can do the same because i think is the best way to have easy and quick “results”

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

binidj.5734

when i use an ac :

i always target specific classes that i know they are not using heavy armor and i follow them until i kill them.

This is completely legitimate but as far as I know the firing rate of an AC is about 3 seconds, the fields I’m seeing are coming down very precisely at a much faster rate than that. I have no problem at all with players like you trying to pin me down, this isn’t about that … this really isn’t a QQ about ACs … I’ve used them myself on occasion.

Piken Square

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: Yukabacera.2307

Yukabacera.2307

The way ACs works is a bit confusing. ACs don’t fire their AoEs exactly in the whole target area. Rather, slightly smaller AoEs fires around the targeted area each second for about 3 seconds. From the perspective of the AC it looks like you fire one giant pulsing AoE, while from the receiving end it looks lie 3 smaller AoEs with one appearing every second.

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

The way ACs works is a bit confusing. ACs don’t fire their AoEs exactly in the whole target area. Rather, slightly smaller AoEs fires around the targeted area each second for about 3 seconds. From the perspective of the AC it looks like you fire one giant pulsing AoE, while from the receiving end it looks lie 3 smaller AoEs with one appearing every second.

Somewhat yes, but they all his the same area with a bit of a wobble. Tracking discs that catch a running player are different. Its true that a good AC user will make guesses as to where his target is going and sometimes, due to good luck, these will seem to track a target wherever he goes, but I am presuming the original poster can recognise this.

I have seen something similar take place and often when the user is likely using a field of view abuse or “hack”. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some sort of shenanigans going on.

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

binidj.5734

Somewhat yes, but they all his the same area with a bit of a wobble. Tracking discs that catch a running player are different. Its true that a good AC user will make guesses as to where his target is going and sometimes, due to good luck, these will seem to track a target wherever he goes, but I am presuming the original poster can recognise this.

Yes, there is entirely too much precision in tracking for this to be put down to wobble.

Piken Square

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

At a guess I’d say it’s probably a combination of player response time and the rate at which the server updates things.

Can you actually swap from one AC to another and not have a c/d on the skill(s) you used? If not and it requires multi-boxing, that seems like a lot of bother for the sake of spacing out your AC skills.

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: Bern.9613

Bern.9613

I’ve seen this as well. Seems that a whole battle field is covered at the same time and when one moves so does the ac. If it’s legit, how are they doing it? I can’t seem to achieve it. I watch the target and shoot in front of their projected path hoping to hit or drop it in the middle of the zerg. Either way, I’m waiting on cd to fire again. And my indicated ground circles are not uniform in distance. On my screen, the ac moves 3/8th to 1/2 in every shot leaving a trail of red circles/arrows behind me. So yea, what’s up with that?

LOL, and before I see “screenie or it didn’t happen”, I’m busy running. And FYI weebles wooble. But they don’t fall down.

(edited by Bern.9613)

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: olleN.2356

olleN.2356

I noticed it aswell!

Vizunah Square

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

what we really need is 2 videos taken at the same time from opposite perspectives. one of them showing what it looks like for the arrow cart operator, and one showing what that same barrage looks like on the receiving end.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

could it be 3 people in a party, on 3 seperate carts, using ctrl + T to mark you? i’ve done that on defense before, and it’s absurdly simple to pull off.

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

^or just an instinctive ‘ha, that one’s been slowed down! Let’s get it!’

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

could it be 3 people in a party, on 3 seperate carts, using ctrl + T to mark you? i’ve done that on defense before, and it’s absurdly simple to pull off.

My wife and I group in WvW, and we do this often.

I can imagine how it might seem like botting from the other side, when in reality we’re just in the same room communicating and marking targets.

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

Posted by: Vet.3726

Vet.3726

I seen the same thing yesterday coming out of our spawn point in defenders map was the only one there on top of the rock arrow cart hit me from there fort i was like wtf i didnt know arrow carts went that far then i ran off rock and surly the aoe ring followed me while i was getting hit the whole time while i was running i was like WOW!!! did i miss something last patch so i ran to there fort and only noticed one AC keep in mind i was getting hit the entire time with the AOE flame ring indicator following me

DOED PvP Organizer on Ehmry Bay
Urbano / Techthis / Thymist / Raidernat
Guard 80 / Engi 80 / Thief 71 / Guard 80

Arrow Cart Bots?

in WvW

binidj.5734

My wife and I group in WvW, and we do this often.

I can imagine how it might seem like botting from the other side, when in reality we’re just in the same room communicating and marking targets.

That may explain what’s happening some of the time but in order to explain every time this has happened I think you’d need a room with several people in it, keeping to a strict rotation. It’s not out of the question but it does seem a little unlikely.

Piken Square