Arrow cart wars 2

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Q:

Seriously Arena net? After all this time and people complaining; you cannot affect the range or damage from arrow carts taken. Please continue listening to the feedback of the people; and adding PvE events! Great job as always!

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

A:

ACs still need more buffs. They’re not powerful enough to one shot everyone yet.

Attachments:

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

At least limit the number of arrow carts a person can be hit by at once. All we have now are keeps filled with 15+ arrow carts killing anyone within range instantly. Arrow cart wars 2 indeed.

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Issues.5789

At least limit the number of arrow carts a person can be hit by at once. All we have now are keeps filled with 15+ arrow carts killing anyone within range instantly. Arrow cart wars 2 indeed.

We had a zerg of 50+ trying to take a keep; but we couldn’t get anywhere near because there was over 10 arrow carts doing over 1500+ damage per tick. Makes sense; especially at it’s range. They had no more than 15 defending.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

I really dont understand the delay, we know the traited range will be reduced to 2800 because carts are not supposed to outrange their designated counters in ballistas and catapults.

Everyone is still going to invest the 5 wxp points because 2800 carts are still better then 2500 carts.

Almost no one is going to use the wxp reset to remove those 5 points from arrow cart mastery, instead ppl who have wasted points in other traits will re-allocate at least 5 of them into arrow carts if they hadnt already got it.

Dragging your heels waiting for a wxp point reset before making this adjustment for over 2 weeks now is just rediculous.

(edited by Lifewaster.5912)

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Issues.5789

I really dont understand the delay, we know the traited range will be reduced to 2800 because carts are not supposed to outrange their designated counters in ballistas and catapults.

Everyone is still going to invest the 5 wxp points because 2800 carts are still better then 2500 carts.

Almost no one is going to use the wxp reset to remove those 5 points from arrow cart mastery, instead ppl who have wasted points in other traits will re-allocate at least 5 of them into arrow carts if they hadnt already got it.

Dragging your heels waiting for a wxp point reset before making this adjustment for over 2 weeks now is just rediculous.

Sounds like a life waster if you ask me…

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Seeing ACs all over the place in open field… the future of gw2. Every cliff that used to be pointless… has an arrowcart to rain onto your face no matter where you are on a map.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Issues.5789

Arrows carts are a pandemic.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

I assume the amount of damage is not scaled down depending on the range. If not, it would make sense that a hit a max range would not be as devastating as being hit at point blank range.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

We had a zerg of 50+ trying to take a keep; but we couldn’t get anywhere near because there was over 10 arrow carts doing over 1500+ damage per tick. Makes sense; especially at it’s range. They had no more than 15 defending.

Personally, I think in this case, AC may have serve it’s purpose. Zergs should be blasted and wiped until Anet finds a way to limit zergs doing pvdoors.

AC’s should scale up and down depending on situations of servers. If a server has 200+ and another has 50, then AC should be able to wipe the zergs out. If both sides have 200+, then AC scales down to what they used to be which can barely hurt anyone.

-S o S-

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

I say leave ‘em be…sure, they shouldn’t out range ballistas and catapults. thats just crazy. You gotta have a siege counter to ‘em. But other than that, I think they work just fine. And Im battling Dragonbrand….those guys know AC use. But it’s all good, there is other counters to em.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Issues.5789

This ignorance is absolutely brilliant. I’m sure the most they’ll say “We’re aware of this bla bla, we’re looking into it bla bla bla 2015.”

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

The more I play WvW; the more I lose IQ. Knowing I’m being pelted by a skilless noob putting red circles on the ground. I wouldn’t mind a well aimed ballista shot to the face. I’d tip my hat to that guy.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Issues.5789

The more I play WvW; the more I lose IQ. Knowing I’m being pelted by a skilless noob putting red circles on the ground. I wouldn’t mind a well aimed ballista shot to the face. I’d tip my hat to that guy.

Especially when uplevels kill you. It kills me inside.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: lemora.1304

lemora.1304

You know what they say: garbage in, garbage out.

Lv 80 Guardian , Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer and Mesmer
[GoF] of Blackgate

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Issues.5789

You know what they say: garbage in, garbage out.

Don’t think I follow.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

If they insist on keeping the AC’s the way they are, then at the very least, they should make it so Trebs can’t destroy other Trebs. At least now you should be able to (slowly but surely) destroy all the keeps defenses (or most of them) before entering.

Personally, I’d rather see the amount of arrow carts allowed in the based reduced, as well as, their damage and range as well.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Their damage is fine. I will agree that the range is a bit silly but the damage is fine.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Issues.5789

Their damage is fine. I will agree that the range is a bit silly but the damage is fine.

There’s a VoTF video of AC damage doing 3k+ a tick. That’s only fine if you’re a Legendary and immune to damage. Check the Answer and see a high number as well.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Issues.5789

There’s a VoTF video of AC damage doing 3k+ a tick. That’s only fine if you’re a Legendary and immune to damage. Check the Answer and see a high number as well.

It’s also fine when you know how to deal with them, it’s actually very very fine I’d say.

Lol except when there is 12+ holding a keep. you cant move in any direction..

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

blob more ! why not 300+ ?

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: bribrim.9710

bribrim.9710

You know I somewhat understand the complaints about arrow carts. But I really understand whakittens like to be defending a keep solo against a zerg of 20, 30 or even 50 (no server commentary thank you). So HIGH PRAISE to the arrow cart! May it live long and prosper…..

Kepp Mason – Warrior
Critical Response Team [CRIT]
Devona’s Rest [DR]

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I play between 60 and 80 hours a week purely in WvW at the moment and Im still yet to be killed by an AC or even killed partly by damage from AC. I must be OP, nerf me please.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

Holy kitten.. Wouldn’t surprise me if this was intended.

ROAM | Oink | TLP

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Odaman.8359

I play between 60 and 80 hours a week purely in WvW at the moment and Im still yet to be killed by an AC or even killed partly by damage from AC. I must be OP, nerf me please.

Nah you’re just on an arrowcart 60-80hrs a week so you don’t die =p That or you have the situational awareness of helen keller and didn’t notice the rain from above.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Personally, I think in this case, AC may have serve it’s purpose. Zergs should be blasted and wiped until Anet finds a way to limit zergs doing pvdoors.

The zergs have increased in size due to the AC buff .

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Odaman.8359

Truth, accomplished the opposite of what they said they wanted. Ballistas being god mode would’ve been so much better than this AC bs.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Totally agree, arrow cart damage has single handedly increased the zerging in tier 1 to an even higher level.

It has made small/medium group ninja ops so much harder – so our mid sized group now has to follow a train.

I think the change was made to appease the tier 8 outmanned players – but little consideration was made to how it would impact tier 1.

On my thief I purchased +1 supply trait and now I am not going to get any +supply traits – I can’t use the extra supply because I die in the arrow cart fire while I am building.

It has to be one of the worst changes to WvW I’ve seen so far. It has made tier 1 WvW really boring. I was hoping for a reversion or a huge nerf but the devs have now come out and said they are “happy” with the player damage – despite the actual players telling them it is wrong. They nerfed the siege damage that arrow carts dish out but too bad the players trying to use that siege will die if they attempt to use it.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Totally agree, arrow cart damage has single handedly increased the zerging in tier 1 to an even higher level.

It has made small/medium group ninja ops so much harder – so our mid sized group now has to follow a train.

I think the change was made to appease the tier 8 outmanned players – but little consideration was made to how it would impact tier 1.

On my thief I purchased +1 supply trait and now I am not going to get any +supply traits – I can’t use the extra supply because I die in the arrow cart fire while I am building.

It has to be one of the worst changes to WvW I’ve seen so far. It has made tier 1 WvW really boring. I was hoping for a reversion or a huge nerf but the devs have now come out and said they are “happy” with the player damage – despite the actual players telling them it is wrong. They nerfed the siege damage that arrow carts dish out but too bad the players trying to use that siege will die if they attempt to use it.

Our guild is dedicated to small group content, and we’ve basically left the game.

We’ve been scratching the itch with PvP/FPS games through Steam (Chivalry, Borderlands 2, Planetfall 2 etc.). The plan is to hold it together until ESO comes out.

When Anet fixed culling, I thought they were really intent on improving WvW. But the double-down on Ascended, and the emphasis on siege, was basically the last straw for us.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Crying about arrow carts is soooooo April.

You’d have to be pretty bad to have not adapted yet.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Crying about arrow carts is soooooo April.

You’d have to be pretty bad to have not adapted yet.

Including obligatory QQ for this month for your benefit: Ascended costs Laurels? What the?

The point was – everyone has adapted now – by joining zergs.

Exactly the opposite result to what most players want.

The only people who want large zergs are egomaniacal commanders and zerglings who need people to revive them whent he bad man touches them on the scary run from spawn to their commander.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Nah you’re just on an arrowcart 60-80hrs a week so you don’t die =p That or you have the situational awareness of helen keller and didn’t notice the rain from above.

I just look at the red circles yo. I pride myself on this apparently difficult artform. Also I don’t like to man AC unless I really have to as it doesn’t really fit my playstyle and I prefer to be fighting. Depending on my class I will stand underneath AC fire for a ram. Currently the ram goes down well before I need to back off. Rams, do you even lift?

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

One of the main problems with AC’s is that so many people in the game are exploiting them by using fov extensions. This issue has been exacerbated by the increased range and damage. Why buff something which was being abused non stop, surely Anet would fix the exploits first?

Rams melt in seconds, cata’s against walls melt, ballista’s are just crap, inner canonkitten through gates. You will lose large parts of your atacking force trying to destroy ac’s, canons and mortars with aoe. So you are left with one option, trebs, but now it is simple to counter these if you have supply in a keep as their is no way to stop counter trebs and mortars shots.

With the further introduction of supply traps everything has become stacked in favour of defenders. Add to that the use of waypoints, so you cannot prevent reinforcements getting in and the bannering of keep lords(especially in Bay and Garrison) it has become a nonsense. It was hard before, now its simply not worth the effort.

I actually hope for lag now when trying to take Garrison or SM, simply as it makes it harder to banner a lord.

Anyway back to ac’s, what do Anet say, Treb them down. But dear Anet I have just taken the inner gate down with my last supply, if I leave to get more, the gate gets fixed etc etc, so please tell me how I am supposed to get my forces through a gauntlet of 4/5 superior ac’s? I bet someone says portals……

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

ACs still need more buffs. They’re not powerful enough to one shot everyone yet.

They don’t need to one-shot you with one cart, the 4-5 that overlap each other’s AoE circles do that quite well. I was in a group of 30+ that got massacred in a few seconds like that earlier tonight. But they’re just “a bit” overpowered. That’s like the captain of the Titanic telling the passengers that “we’re taking on a ‘bit’ of water.”

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Odaman.8359

I just look at the red circles yo. I pride myself on this apparently difficult artform. Also I don’t like to man AC unless I really have to as it doesn’t really fit my playstyle and I prefer to be fighting. Depending on my class I will stand underneath AC fire for a ram. Currently the ram goes down well before I need to back off. Rams, do you even lift?

Troll less, you can’t move faster than the mouthbreathers click. I hope noone dies soley to an arrowcart but to say they don’t drastically change fighting is a lie. If you weren’t in T1 I’d give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven’t seen 15 arrowcarts raining from the sky.

Personally i’d rather they empower player aoes, not siege that begs for fov exploits.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Troll less, you can’t move faster than the mouthbreathers click. I hope noone dies soley to an arrowcart but to say they don’t drastically change fighting is a lie. If you weren’t in T1 I’d give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven’t seen 15 arrowcarts raining from the sky.

Personally i’d rather they empower player aoes, not siege that begs for fov exploits.

Mouthbreathers… love that term. Yeah they changed the way I play. I don’t just ignore them now!

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Odaman.8359

You couldn’t ignore 15 arrowcarts before =p I don’t mind 2 or 3 arrowcarts now, but when you can place 10-15 like before, if not more because of the increased range and the increasing popularity of using “3 monitors” it gets insane.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

(edited by Odaman.8359)

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Range is being reduced and the exploits/hacks are an entirely different issue that should be dealt with but Anet.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Range is being reduced

Why hasn’t it been reduced already? Not good enough that it wasn’t fixed in this patch or even the previous one.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

The biggest problem I have with AC’s is the cheaters using FoV glitches like eyefinity etc. to see places they aren’t supposed to. Honestly the damage IS way too high, but I can deal with it a lot better than exploiters.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Range is being reduced

Why hasn’t it been reduced already? Not good enough that it wasn’t fixed in this patch or even the previous one.

I’m not a developer, maybe ask them. Sounded like they identified it as an issue after a lot of people complained about siege so they payed more attention to it. But that is only conjecture.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

Well you probably either avoid keeps and towers due to solo, small scale or player farming group or you are one of those who run with the zerg, but run away when it starts to get messy.

Then again I probably need 2 months to get that play time.

But tbh I mostly run with a guild group of ~20 and I /we probably die more often from better organized or bigger and better guild groups, or 3x bigger.

It actually isn’t that hard to get through a couple of AC’s with doging and buffs. But if there is also an enemy Zerg standing in the middle of the pooring arrows, with reflection walls etc. … it’s death.

Random idea I just came up with is ( I guess this is how Anet works sometimes), how about friendly fire enabled with siege weapons, ofc with reduced dmg on the friendly players. So a few people could still defend a tower/keep against a zerg, but the ACs + a Zerg wouldn’t be as powerful.

Arrow cart wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

For those who are saying they are easy to deal, people should adapt (like they have), l2p, etc… provide the how and the snarky response. That would be more beneficial.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara