Arrow carts have wheels

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

So let us move them, and rams, and catas, and trebs, and ballistas.

Done right, it would be useless for zergs but very useful for small groups, and would even help against trolling a little bit.

When you get on siege, a new option “Move” comes up. Click Move, and up comes a target that works exactly like Mesmer Blink – you click somewhere within range, and it must be somewhere that you can walk to without jumping. If you click somewhere that requires jumping, it will go nowhere. Otherwise, it starts moving!

It moves 1/2 the speed of a golem.
It cannot be teleported by mesmers
It cannot be rolled up the stairs at your spawn
It cannot be given swiftness or invisibility or any boons at all
If you leave the siege or get placed in combat, it stops moving

Zergs would not use this because it would be too slow and they can already build siege on demand with their supply.

Small groups could become much more effective with sneak attacks, i.e. building 3-4 rams or catas at a camp and then rolling them to their objective.

Bad siege placement from newbs or trolls? Move it! Sure trolls can still build trebs on top of a supply depot and you can’t move it off the depot, but A) it will take them longer to use the supply if they have to run up there each time, it won’t be in the way of people grabbing supply from the depot, C) it’s more likely to have effective uses up there than under the depot. So of course it’s not a permanent solution but it’s much more bearable.

If a large zerg wants to build a large mobile siege army, well the siege moves SO slow that you could see where they are going well in advance and just build a treb or 2 to start hitting them as soon as they get in range. The siege can’t dodge out of the way, so the only viable strategy for this would be in a small/ninja group who can move it unseen. Those groups could use more effectiveness to counter the zerg meta.

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Trebuchets historically you built at a fixed position, due to their size. They dont have wheels ingame either.

For the rest… We already got golems. IMO golems should be considerably cheaper but also weaker. Just seeing them occasionally on the battlefield is a kitten shame, because its the most fun siege there is and the only one that actually require some thoughts during transportation.

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Flame rams don’t have wheels… they actually LEVITATE. We should be able to push them around like air hockey discs.

Coincidentally, this could lead to a fun new mini-game for whenever asuraball isn’t in season.

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Solstice.1097

True, trebuchets really don’t need to be mobile, but the ability to move them would help a lot to counter the current state of griefing. Griefing would still be very possible, but it would take longer and be less effective and that is a welcome step in the right direction.

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Flame rams don’t have wheels… they actually LEVITATE. We should be able to push them around like air hockey discs.

Coincidentally, this could lead to a fun new mini-game for whenever asuraball isn’t in season.

i didn’t notice they levitate. even better. thx asuras

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

siege limit of 5 non-rams within 1000 radius is immediately broken

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Solstice.1097

siege limit of 5 non-rams within 1000 radius is immediately broken

so change it to limiting the amount of siege within a structure. if it’s full nothing can be dropped there and no siege can be moved into the portal unless something is first moved out.

and maybe reduce the overall map cap for total siege.

i don’t understand the specific reasoning behind the current rule.

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i think its actually just to prevent trolls/spies from easily draining structure supply. this would allow them to circumvent the restriction by walking siege a short distance away from wherever theyre building.

not that abuse cases are what i was implying or something, for example a hills lord room with like 20 acs in it would be a bit ridiculous tbh. there comes a point where you die too fast to react, even in stealth and with multiple blinks… should such a situation be allowed when it currently kind of isnt cuz of density restrictions? idk, i dont really think so but its truly just a matter of opinion…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

How would it help against trolling? Trolls would just get a new way to troll: take all your siege and move them to the worst position possible.

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

How would this help small groups? If you’re careful about it, you can already build all the siege you want without popping swords. If there are people around to see you building it, they’re sure as kitten going to see you rolling your siege towards them at .5 mph…

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

LOL while we are at it if we have rifles,motars and guns, why cant some clever asuran make an AK-47 ? That would be so epic. Imagine a zerg of 80 running at you , and you pull out that AK 47 and wipe everyone clean

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Im a ranger aka mobile ac, theres no need at all to make siege movable and what Lord Kuru said its true, trolls will take the siege to the worst spots possible.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

LOL while we are at it if we have rifles,motars and guns, why cant some clever asuran make an AK-47 ? That would be so epic. Imagine a zerg of 80 running at you , and you pull out that AK 47 and wipe everyone clean

Traited on AC + Superior AC, problem sovled.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Trebuchets historically you built at a fixed position, due to their size. They dont have wheels ingame either.

AoE 2 would like to have a word with you, I expect Anet to create the same animation for this bad guys, hopefully we’ll get a new mini-game WvW exclusive:

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Example: being in a small party, building 4-5 catas behind a small hill, then rolling them to the top of the hill and start melting the wall.

I was imagining more ninja ops if we could move our siege.

And making it harder to troll as a bonus.

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Example: being in a small party, building 4-5 catas behind a small hill, then rolling them to the top of the hill and start melting the wall.

I was imagining more ninja ops if we could move our siege.

And making it harder to troll as a bonus.

^this
Vote/kick system to drop player from current siege, and ban him from take supply’s(whenever he tryed that enchies would make alot of damage), make that player being Pk’ed on pve also.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Maybe a person should have to continuously “earn” siege or supply rights??

Each time you cap something or kill an enemy you get some arbitrary “points” that are required as a pre-requisite for taking supply or dropping siege.

At least would force the trolls to play with the team for awhile in between trolling sessions >.<

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

I like the original idea, especially because it doesn’t have to change anything. You could add the wheels and without drastically changing the current meta you could introduce a new strategy.

Although I disagree with the idea about earning “Siege or supply rights??”. While I think it was well intended it would also create a serious break between new players/new characters and older players/characters who have been in WvW for a while. If you are a new player who joined because of wvw and you get in, and literally all you can do is run around and PvD so you can pick up siege it could easily create tension between players.

Although maybe only the person who throws down the siege can move it? We can mail each other siege now a days, so if you wanted to let a small group move around siege they could easily just share it amongst themselves, build wherever, and then off they go!

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I would like to be able to turn them faster. Especially if I maxed out the mastery in them.
Edit: Them meaning trebs, catas, and mortars.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Solstice.1097

I like the original idea, especially because it doesn’t have to change anything. You could add the wheels and without drastically changing the current meta you could introduce a new strategy.

Although I disagree with the idea about earning “Siege or supply rights??”. While I think it was well intended it would also create a serious break between new players/new characters and older players/characters who have been in WvW for a while. If you are a new player who joined because of wvw and you get in, and literally all you can do is run around and PvD so you can pick up siege it could easily create tension between players.

Although maybe only the person who throws down the siege can move it? We can mail each other siege now a days, so if you wanted to let a small group move around siege they could easily just share it amongst themselves, build wherever, and then off they go!

I was thinking earning the rights would be for example each capture or stomp gives you the right to throw a piece of siege, maxing out around 20. You could cap a few camps or run with the zerg a cap a few towers and you would already be able to throw siege, but you would have to continuously earn this. This means you can’t just walk into WvW and throw 30 trebs, you’d first have to get 30 stomps + captures if you wanted to do that. So if you want to troll, you’d also have to help in order to do it.

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

AoE 2 would like to have a word with you, I expect Anet to create the same animation for this bad guys, hopefully we’ll get a new mini-game WvW exclusive:

You know, the moving boat isnt a trebuchet. See those big fixed sieges firing stones from a static position? That’s the trebs. Just like I said. I dont get what you’re responding to.

Arrow carts have wheels

in WvW

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

You know, the moving boat isnt a trebuchet. See those big fixed sieges firing stones from a static position? That’s the trebs. Just like I said. I dont get what you’re responding to.

Let’s say from a pool of 13 players:

1 unfortunate player handles the boat and has to live for like 2 minutes, the other 12 players each take one of the trebs and try to take down the boat… Now do you see the “mini-game” in that?

It was a joke mate -_-

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice