Arrow carts

Arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

Can we reevaluate having arrow cart damaged nerfed? For the cost and the amount of supply it takes to build they should do more damage than an ele can do with their call down fire trick. A single elementalist is more effective spamming one button than 3 ac’s now.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

You must never have played against Yak’s Bend / Maguuma / KILL guild.

Biggest siege humpers ever. They build so many ACs it does wayyyyy more damage than meteor storm.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Link.1049

I’ve played against both… was on blackgate for a bit but it’s a bit too acidic for me… I like the friendlier servers. AC’s don’t do as much as meteor shower anymore. You’d need several to match it. Now, it would help if catapults bubble skill would block arrow fire too, but one thing at a time.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Fun fact that I have noticed even commanders dont know – shieldgen not only block projectiles, they make you specifically immune to AC fire. Though I havent tested if the buff extends to other siege.

Also, are US server a match for Rivercart? Record I think I have seen was 9 ACs in T1 SE tower on their border.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Link.1049

Fun fact that I have noticed even commanders dont know – shieldgen not only block projectiles, they make you specifically immune to AC fire. Though I havent tested if the buff extends to other siege.

Also, are US server a match for Rivercart? Record I think I have seen was 9 ACs in T1 SE tower on their border.

That’s incorrect in my experience. Bubble does not block arrows on catapults, and has not blocked ranger arrow storm when using a shield gen. It does work vs. ele fire rain, and treb and mortar fire.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Tier 5 mastery description: “5 Prevents damage from arrow cart fire to allies inside Force Dome”

But maybe not on siege as I said.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I think it was about a week ago when I counted 14 AC’s in the NW (north west) inner gate SMC vicinity when the castle was T1.

We had been doing a bit of a tug of war pushing in and back out until we had killed enough to make a full push through. Once we got close enough to the gate we saw how many AOE rings popped up so we turned and went for the NE gate instead.

After we capped I came out near the NW gate to grab some supplies and saw all the AC’s there. Wish I had taken a screenshot because it was pretty ridiculous. At least 4 of them were stacked right on top of another on one of the ramps.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

All siege needs a nerf and arrow carts should just be removed from the game. I mean last night my guild was trying to take the JQ SMC and at the gate, I counted 10 arrow carts on one inner gate and this didn’t include the arrow carts on the 3rd floor of SMC raining down on us. It makes it impossible for smaller groups to actually do anything.

A.Net take out, all siege but flame rams and catapults and the game will get back to being fun again because there won’t be siege humping.

I guess all A.net wants is blob on blob, well that leaves out ALL of the lower tier servers.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Link.1049

When arrow carts are at the gate, hit the walls.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

No walls on inner SMC

Arrow carts

in WvW

Link.1049

Back up… I’ve catapulted doors down when they are too hot. Ballista on the walls for other siege, few cats, and if they are really persistent a shield generator. Elementalist’s can burn anything built on the walls like butter… necros prevent people from going back. guard your two closest staircases well… and then when you get inside clear siege then have a squad work on lord while the rest focus the other teams ants… then turn full focus on the lord. when lord drops have guardians and necros lock the doors… capped. For a tier 3 I don’t expect to get in on the first push. The other thing I see people forgetting is to cut off their supply.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Link.1049

One suggestion I would make to ANET would be to require more supply to close the walls when downed… currently it’s like 20 or 30 supply. So, half of what it costs for most siege. It’s a wall, not a tiny ac or catapult, up it to 100 for wood, 150 or so for stone, and 200+ for metal to close the wall.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

Tier 5 mastery description: “5 Prevents damage from arrow cart fire to allies inside Force Dome”

But maybe not on siege as I said.

This will negate arrow cart damage to siege inside the force dome as well as siege users and non-siege users inside of the dome.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Radian.2478

Can we reevaluate having arrow cart damaged nerfed? For the cost and the amount of supply it takes to build they should do more damage than an ele can do with their call down fire trick. A single elementalist is more effective spamming one button than 3 ac’s now.

One of the main reasons for arrow carts is the fact that it can hit up to 50 targets with its attack. Whether or not an ele does more damage than an arrow cart is entirely dependent on the amount of targets being hit.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

One of the main reasons for arrow carts is the fact that it can hit up to 50 targets with its attack. Whether or not an ele does more damage than an arrow cart is entirely dependent on the amount of targets being hit.

Meteor shower can hit 72 targets.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

72 targets once… so each rock impact hitting the max players (3) but not being hit by any other of the 23 rocks.

So in effect isn’t that just 525 dmg from meteor impact vs … a default fire on AC 756.48 (4728 x8 / 50)?

Arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

A single teammate spamming a shield generator on you while you use that single sup AC, will get rid of that pesky Ele pretty quickly.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Arrow carts

in WvW

Link.1049

Why waste your supply on ac’s anymore? you can do more damage from the wall raining ranger or ele aoe.

Arrow carts

in WvW

Radian.2478

Meteor shower can hit 72 targets.

This statement is not false.