Arrow indicating if upcaled removed?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Q:

Now a com has to use guess work instead of rough roll call to see if his zerg is lvl 80 or made up of upscaled in deciding on tactics before hand (although weps can be a give away).

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Its just another step to make WvW casual for everyone, making it so that upscales can hide in zergs without being scoffed at. This is what Anet want WvW to become.

And yes, its stupid. Zerg commanders depend on the ability to judge how much they can push. Upscales are alot weaker than full 80.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

This is only in regards to EotM tho right? People don’t play sub 80’s in regular WvW maps anymore do they? I mean, why would they when there’s EotM but I could be totally clueless. My inclination for anything EotM related is well . . . it is EotM & doesn’t matter.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Its just another step to make WvW casual for everyone, making it so that upscales can hide in zergs without being scoffed at. This is what Anet want WvW to become.

And yes, its stupid. Zerg commanders depend on the ability to judge how much they can push. Upscales are alot weaker than full 80.

I fail to see how the loss of the ability to scoff at uplevels is really a big loss at all. If people are really uplevels and not 80 by now, they’re probably new players as I imagine experienced players have many other resources to get to 80.

As for assessing the strength of your own group, I think voice comms and map chat would be sufficient enough. If most of the people aren’t in comms or seemingly looking at map chat, I would assume they are incompetent unless proven otherwise. Heck, I can just glance at the class and buff icons and look at their weapons and pretty much know what the composition can and cannot do. If you see a bearbow ranger with no food buffs and 3 signets, chances are it doesn’t matter if it’s an uplevel or not.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

This needs to be fixed.

I run small man teams and if I see a much larger group but I see a few PUGS following us we might make a push on them but ONLY if our pugs are true lvl 80s.

Now, I can’t even tell. Uplevels are COMPLETELY useless in WvW and their only use is rallying the enemy when they instantly get downed. It’s lame.

Please fix this.