Ascended Back Item

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Jasra.3627

Jasra.3627

WHERE IS kitten ! in this game is only one way to get this, fractals

oh wait! you can get one on Southsun Cove! … with healing stat……..

really >_>

No Life [NoLF]
SFR

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Someone is underestimating healing power

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Also, don’t underestimate Tentacle Power!

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Thor.1756

Thor.1756

You can craft ascended backpieces. Zero fractal’ing required.

Jade Quarry

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

Do tell. I was under the impression that these recipes required a Vial of Condensed Mists Essence that only drops from in FOTM.

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Thor.1756

Yep, you’re right. My bad, I have so many of those vials I forgot about them being a component to craft, acquiring the ecto and t6 mats is a lot harder than getting the vial.

Jade Quarry

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Jasra.3627

maybe when i reroll guardian from warrior

No Life [NoLF]
SFR

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Get over it an play Fractals? I got my vial of condensed mists well before I hit fractals 10. In fact, my back piece is the first Ascended item I got.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Jasra.3627

Get over it an play Fractals? I got my vial of condensed mists well before I hit fractals 10. In fact, my back piece is the first Ascended item I got.

lol who cares about some dungeons. i don’t wanna play them. i just want same gear like others, even for laurels

No Life [NoLF]
SFR

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Seriously? Get over it. The gripe should be the other way around. trinkets you can only get with commendations and laurels but you NEED them for AR to progress further in fotm.

BiS gear requires more than one type of play.

RIP in peace Robert

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Thor.1756

trinkets you can only get with commendations? What?

Jade Quarry

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I have only ever done one fractal, level 10, in my whole life. Don’t plan on going back there.They are just too long. Thankfully I got my one vial. And 3 months later when i got 250 blood at my own casual rate, I crafted it. But this is just one of my 5 characters. I don’t like farming and I don’t like fractals, so how am I going to equip my other characters with an ascended back items? Why are we forced to play a part of the game we genuinely dislike? PVE players complain about having to WvW to craft a legendary, but using double ports in EB JP isn’t WvW’ing.
PS it was my first ascended item too.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Put in the back piece Anet.

Why can’t they just do something correctly all the way ever? Always has to be a reason to try and force you into a mode you may not care for.

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

eg me. I don’t need it more..

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Not everyone is a Roaming Regen Ranger.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I have only ever done one fractal, level 10, in my whole life. Don’t plan on going back there.They are just too long. Thankfully I got my one vial. And 3 months later when i got 250 blood at my own casual rate, I crafted it. But this is just one of my 5 characters. I don’t like farming and I don’t like fractals, so how am I going to equip my other characters with an ascended back items? Why are we forced to play a part of the game we genuinely dislike? PVE players complain about having to WvW to craft a legendary, but using double ports in EB JP isn’t WvW’ing.

Memory is foggy but I seem to remember going around WvW to get vista’s, poi’s, and skill points.

People don’t like to craft have to that one too.

Weak argument

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

just give wvw’rs a vial at lvl 50 or a 100 simple. Sadly I doubt I will ever get one as i never plan on visiting a fractual again. Yet to get one peice of ascended gear either as I prefer the flexibility of non ascended gear.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Hum… I play both dungeons and WvW and found them both fun to play. :P But I guess that makes me a mediocre player since I have 0 asscendent gears.

FOTM is too long, and WvW just has asscendent gears lately. Problem is I have many lv 80 and I cannot decide who should have the asscendent gears should I get them. So I am just gonna stick with exotics till I can get asscendent gears for all my lv 80 at the same time XD.

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Crybaby gamers and self-entitlement much

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Don’t like dungeons myself, especially fractals Better use of time IMO.

I’m perfectly happy with the exotic back piece I have at the moment. No intention or desire to visit fractals for any length of time which will only amount to a minor upgrade. The small bump in stats makes little to no difference.

If/when they do put an ascended back piece in WvW or at least make them craftable from things found outside of dungeons, I will probably upgrade then. If that never happens.. well, I’ll always have my exotic back piece

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Not everyone is a Roaming Regen Ranger.

Plenty are guardians, elementalists, and engineers though.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

We heard these same complaints from the PvE crowd when fractals came out. A LOT of PvE people didn’t and still don’t care to run fractals. They are in the same boat as you WvW guys.

Everyone would like an alternative, but as it stands both the WvW crowd and the PvE crowd who hates fractals are stuck either doing them to get the backpiece or just waiting.

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Bahamzero.6783

Bahamzero.6783

Pls give us ascended backpieces for badges

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Also, don’t underestimate Tentacle Power!

(in the voice of Eddie Murphy) Tenticleese! Tenticleese!

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Memory is foggy but I seem to remember going around WvW to get vista’s, poi’s, and skill points.

People don’t like to craft have to that one too.

Weak argument

Ascended back item takes 1350 tokens to buy then 500 tokens to upgrade it to ascended. That’s 1850 relics just for one back piece. If you do your daily at high levels you might get 100 relics. That’s 19 runs just for one fractal piece. Even if you did run fractals it still requires a grind.

How about from my perspective getting trinkets for fractals? I need two trinkets, which would be either 40 laurels ea +50 ectos or 12 commednations plus 5 gold. So just to get my two trinkets in order to progress further in fotm, I would have to wait around 2 months (80 laurels) IF I played every single day plus 100 ectos or wait 5 weeks to get the commendations (assuming I was at every guild event and they had everything unlocked) plus 10 gold (or is it 2?)

That’s also only for one of my 4 (soon to be 5) 80s

RIP in peace Robert

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Vial of Condensed Mists Essence should be a drop from WvW. It can be rare, but it should be in there… we are fighting in the Mists after all…

Sanctum of Rall

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Vial of Condensed Mists Essence should be a drop from WvW. It can be rare, but it should be in there… we are fighting in the Mists after all…

Could be a random chest reward for WXP ranks as well.

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Phthonus.1526

Phthonus.1526

Don’t like dungeons myself, especially fractals Better use of time IMO.

I’m perfectly happy with the exotic back piece I have at the moment. No intention or desire to visit fractals for any length of time which will only amount to a minor upgrade. The small bump in stats makes little to no difference.

If/when they do put an ascended back piece in WvW or at least make them craftable from things found outside of dungeons, I will probably upgrade then. If that never happens.. well, I’ll always have my exotic back piece

I know this thread might be old, but still I’d like to add a reply.
I also think we should have another way to get the ascended backpieces with the stats we needed, not only by doing FotM.

I don’t like to do many dungeons either, but this system makes almost every players who want a ascended back item are forced to play FotM which they don’t really want to. I don’t think this is a good way for game.

I like WvW more than dungeons, and never been to FotM yet, I don’t really like the way FotM goes. I agree with DeadlySynz that wish Anet could give us another way to get the ascended back item, or just give another crafting recipe without using FotM material. Like laurels or badges all be fine.

At last, this thread is a month old, so maybe there is already have another way for players to get ascended back item outside FotM? Maybe just I lost connect with the news about patches :p
If anyone knows there is another way to get them, please do let me know.
I’ll be grateful.

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

1. There will be no power curve
2. You will be able to get top-tier gear easily
3. You can play your way
4. There will be no grind, we don’t make grindy games
LAUNCH
—> 5. Disregard anything we say because we are Arenanet

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Do tell. I was under the impression that these recipes required a Vial of Condensed Mists Essence that only drops from in FOTM.

which you can get, SOLO from FOTM.

i got mine on lvl 1 fractal… all you need is MF + tank gear and you are ready to go. You’ll have 3-4 Vials of Condensed Mists Essence within 1 hour or so.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

(Collin Johanson voice)
3. You can play your way
LAUNCH

I edited for more compression.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Desova.5821

Desova.5821

As a fellow Fractals-hater and WvW-er, I got the Vial of Condensed Mists Essence on the day Fractals was released and my guild managed to drag me in there to try it. Level 1, no MF gear or food. It’s not ideal, but it’s proof that the vial is available at the lowest levels just by playing it through once or twice.

It seems as if they’re planning in the future to add ways of getting ascended backpieces outside of Fractals, since there are now ascended gear vendors in WvW and WvW-specific infusions. Here’s hoping this is the case :/

tasija trickshot | [LZZ] les zélateurs de zaun | arborstone

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Put in the back piece Anet.

Why can’t they just do something correctly all the way ever? …r.

Because they have a enough people on their forums apologizing for them.

Whispers with meat.

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I do not care how they are made available, I just wish that all stat combinations were made available in one fashion or another.

~ AoN ~

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Phthonus.1526

3. You can play your way
LAUNCH

This is really a critical hit on AreneNet, lol.
To be honest, I thought “3. You can play your way”, this is a little untrue for now, but just that close, if Anet could do a little more, it’ll be nice enough to me.

As a fellow Fractals-hater and WvW-er, I got the Vial of Condensed Mists Essence on the day Fractals was released and my guild managed to drag me in there to try it. Level 1, no MF gear or food. It’s not ideal, but it’s proof that the vial is available at the lowest levels just by playing it through once or twice.

It seems as if they’re planning in the future to add ways of getting ascended backpieces outside of Fractals, since there are now ascended gear vendors in WvW and WvW-specific infusions. Here’s hoping this is the case :/

I also hope one day, this thing will come true for real.
And maybe I could also try the FotM lvl 1 to take a shot…
Anyway, this may be not about fair, but I wish Anet could give players in every parts of this game the same chance to get the gear they need.

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

This is exactly what we were told in a statement by one of the heads in developing the game, and this was back in November when Ascended gear was first introduced. I’m not going to look up the statement but I’m sure it’s still out there.

To date nothing has been done to provide Ascended Back Pieces to players, other than by running the fractals. We can’t even craft any sort of Back Piece despite the idea that a Celestial Back Piece would be the ideal place to start.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Phthonus.1526

I hope ArenaNet is already keep working on it. Maybe they need more time to figure out some interesting ways to make players get the ascended back pieces.
Wish there will be another way to get some kind of gears in the way players want, not all the way that ArenaNet want. :p

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Since we’re all at this. It’s not fair that “Legendary Weapons” aren’t made easily available without a credit card number and all. Could we add as a WvW achievement reward???

-S o S-

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The easy fix is to make the vials necessary to craft this stuff available on the market.

Having a piece of equipment that can only be obtained from grinding a specific dungeon but is useful almost everywhere else in the game is an oversight at best and plain stupid if done intentionally.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

The Ancient Karka Shell, even without an upgrade and doubly with one, has by far the most stat points of any back item, even if it is not called “ascended” (250 vs 126 without upgrade). It just predated the intro of ascension. Yeah, one of the stats is Magic Find but there are more than enough of others to go around. This requires no fractals, just a lot of karka shell farming, which you can even buy on TP if you want.

Piken Square

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The Ancient Karka Shell, even without an upgrade and doubly with one, has by far the most stat points of any back item, even if it is not called “ascended” (250 vs 126 without upgrade). Yeah, one of the stats is Magic Find but there are more than enough of others to go around. This requires no fractals, just a lot of karka shell farming, which you can even buy on TP if you want.

So basically your suggestion to help people that don’t want to do PvE (fractals) is to do PvE. Brilliant.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Jong.5937

Look, you have to do SOMETHING!

If you hate fractals, as some said, this is an alternative. If you hate all PvE, as I said, you can BUY the karka shells. So you can shell out for gems, or earn the gold in WvW. If you don’t want to do any of that….. What are you doing?!

Piken Square

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Look, you have to do SOMETHING!

If you hate fractals, as some said, this is an alternative. If you hate all PvE, as I said, you can BUY the karka shells. So you can shell out for gems, or earn the gold in WvW. If you don’t want to do any of that….. What are you doing?!

It’s just one set of stats… many builds would not find them useful.

Also i’m not sure but don’t you need to have done that event to get the base item to upgrade while it was going on? Or is that permanent now with southsun?

The dev’s long long ago said they regret making items only availible in fractals. WvW-ers would like this one expanded to include WvW as well. Asking for things like vials to drop in WvW would still require a significant amount of gold. They aren’t asking for a free handout. Just to not have to do stupid kittining fractals.

P.S. I have 3 ascended backs… did fractals for the vials. It was torture.

Tarnished Coast

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Jong.5937

No, of course you are right, it is just one set of stats, but with double the stat points of any ascended back item, before upgrade, more after, it gives plenty of potential to use other items to fill in the gaps. And, no, there are no prerequisites to get it, just 1000 karka shells which can be bought on TP.

Piken Square

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Ancient Karka shell is an accessory not a back item.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Ancient Karka shell is an accessory not a back item.

Ahhh… that’s what was confusing me. ’Cause I know the back from the event you needed to get through achievements and then upgrade afterwards. Thanks for clearing this up ^^

Tarnished Coast

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Jong.5937

Doh, stupid me. Ill shut up now!

Piken Square

Ascended Back Item

in WvW

Phthonus.1526

The easy fix is to make the vials necessary to craft this stuff available on the market.

This will also be better to other players that don’t wanna do fractals. Let the players who willing to do fractals to do them, and also they can earn a little more gold via selling those vials.

This requires no fractals, just a lot of karka shell farming, which you can even buy on TP if you want.

Although there was a little mistaken between the back item and accessory, but still this could be a good idea. If we could get the gears we need just by farming materials outside the fractals, that will also be accepted by players who don’t really want to do fractals.

The dev’s long long ago said they regret making items only availible in fractals. WvW-ers would like this one expanded to include WvW as well. Asking for things like vials to drop in WvW would still require a significant amount of gold. They aren’t asking for a free handout. Just to not have to do stupid kittining fractals.

If they really said that they were regret for this before, then maybe we still have a chance to achieve this goal.
And if the crafting materials could be bought by laurels+badges in WvW, that plan is also be acceptable.
To me, I’m not looking for a easy way to gather all gears I need in a short time, but looking for another possibility to gather them in the way I like, though it may be tougher than just doing fractals.