Ascended Gear

Ascended Gear

in WvW

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

My question is simple and short. Should we have our own WvW route to ascended gear? I do not mean the ascended jewelry we can get from the vendor for laurels + badges but our own route to ascended weapons, armor, and trinkets without rng and through pure progression.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Ascended Gear

in WvW

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Should, but sadly probably won’t.

Ascended Gear

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

If they did, they would kill the PvE farmers that feed the WvW players on Mats.

So think of it this way. We the WvW defenders of our realm are rewarded by the PvE players of our realm with MATS in which we can get ascended gear. :P

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Ascended Gear

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

There needs to be a system for getting it that’s easier than really rare drops or crafting. I just want to play and have fun, not grind out my gear…even if its the last and best. Working for something is what makes RPGs fun due to the rewards but having actual fun is a bigger deal.

Maguuma Guardian

Ascended Gear

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

My question is simple and short. Should we have our own WvW route to ascended gear? I do not mean the ascended jewelry we can get from the vendor for laurels + badges but our own route to ascended weapons, armor, and trinkets without rng and through pure progression.

Yes of course we should.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Ascended Gear

in WvW

Posted by: FirstRyder.2091

FirstRyder.2091

Everything needed to craft Ascended Weapons and Armor drops in WvW, or is available in WvW the same way as in PvE. (With the exception of obsidian shards, but those don’t drop in general PvE either. Guesting to a server with an open temple is a pain for everyone.)

More rares and dragonite would be nice (1/day dragon-chest-style from each unique keep? Maybe ‘unlimited’ but only from waypointed keeps?) but it isn’t strictly necessary.

Ryder of Ashes – 80 Elementalist
Serene Ryder – 80 Mesmer
- Dragonbrand -

Ascended Gear

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

we have a lot of badges whats are mostly garbage. i bought invaider set to 3 characters only for badges, weapons, another armor sets and still have 5k. ok i only play wvw but this is why let us trade badges for crafting mats, recipes etc. badge is our gold.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Ascended Gear

in WvW

Posted by: haqqa.8194

haqqa.8194

I always thought they should have everything, or most things, available at a vendor using badges as currency in WvW. And it’s like two birds with one stone.

For one thing, gold doesn’t come as easy as in PvE, and buying gear with badges still requires gold, around 6g for a set (?), armour only, (which could’ve gone to something else if not for siege and upgrades). Compare dungeon runs, you get free sets with tokens, salvageable for ectos unlike WvW sets, and by the time you get enough tokens, you’ll have quite some gold on top. So when something like this comes out (new gear or w/e gold sink), I see a lot less upgrades and siege, and a bit more tower flip flop, (understandable to some extent).

So I wish they would remove the drops from tower lords for instance, and make that chest buyable with badges, adjust badge gain maybe; i.e lord drops badges, defend/assault events reward some badges, ordering upgrades/ running dollies maybe?

All in all, I mean, make life easier for WvW players, but also reward snipers, defence response groups as much as the other guys. Not to mention, the few guys that might hold the gate for incoming, while your team kills the lords and takes the tower. You know how it is atm.

Ascended Gear

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

For what it is worth, Dev’s have stated they’re looking into this… However, I can’t recall of they said this before or after they put Ascended Mats into the loot tables for WvW.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

Ascended Gear

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I just mind that Obsidian shard merchant in Orr, as WvW player i got abount 2millions of karma and I would like to spend it to get rid of that bloodstone dust …
I think some mechant with Obsidian Shard in WvW maybe as upgrade in keeps(gari only maybe) selling them for BoH will be great.