Ascended Vending Frustration.

in WvW

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

Saw the nice announcement about ascended vending and how it’s available so people can play their favorite game mode.

Um except of course if your favorite game mode is WVW!

It’s time. Make ascended vending available in WVW too.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

are you suggesting since pvp players dont need to play and pve players dont need to play pvp then wvw players shouldnt have to play pve or pvp? madness how dare you request to be treated with respect.

in WvW

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

It won’t be that profitable as you may think since the required materials will spike.

On the other hand I cringed when I read “favourite gamemode”. Pretty sure they assume WvW is no ones favourite mode at this point

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

“Ascended vending is not intended to be the optimal path for acquiring ascended gear, but rather a way for players to acquire the gear through time spent playing their preferred game mode. And while ascended vending now requires max level crafting, players that obtain ascended gear via vending will see a moderate discount in cost over traditional crafting.”

What about my preferred game mode?? Where’s the wvw option?? /cry

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Ya it’s so bad in wvw,

You just play the game mode and occasionally you get an acended box drop that you can then choose what piece of gear to get. Then use a cheap mystic forge recipe and roll whatever stat on it you want. So much worse than over 60g in crafting materials and time gates for the cheaper pieces (wvw boxes don’t care if you pick chest or gloves, 2hander or offhand), assuming you have 500 crafting of course.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Whats the big deal, I mean yes it would be nice to have an actual way to get ascended gear in WvW, but this is not a new feature that was announced in that post. It was just telling players that the already existing feature is getting a change.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

My optimistic reading leads me to expect a similar vendor to be set in WvW. Mostly that part about consistency and flexibility.

My pessimistic reading confirms WvW is not considered a game mode in itself. Maybe more of a side-mode for PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

inb4 they introduce a million new WvW currencies hidden in loot bags inside more bags locked behind account bound chests which are rewarded at a steady rate of 1 per year (not using the existing currencies) including the 250 Mystic Coin fee + your soul and 10 Mastery Points to even access the vendor required to purchase WvW ascended gear IF it ever gets added.

Proofs?
Badges of Honor?
Memories of Battle?

All jokes aside I’m hoping with memories of battle existing that they introduce the system similar to PvP (Shards of Glory) in that you can obtain trinkets etc and forge them or what not.

No doubt Triumphant Hero armor set to be the ascended version.. much like the practically freebie handouts PvP had.

“Soon.” – ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Ya it’s so bad in wvw,

You just play the game mode and occasionally you get an acended box drop that you can then choose what piece of gear to get. Then use a cheap mystic forge recipe and roll whatever stat on it you want. So much worse than over 60g in crafting materials and time gates for the cheaper pieces (wvw boxes don’t care if you pick chest or gloves, 2hander or offhand), assuming you have 500 crafting of course.

Except like 75% of the drops are rings, got like 20 rings sitting in my inventory. Spent most of my time 3+ years in wvw and have not collected enough boxes to even make a full set yet from drops (rng is rng I’m sure there are those that have been lucky too), and nevermind that you can get drops not for your class too.

Oh yeah great system, there’s no possible way they could bring in a vendor system on par with the other current ones, oh no, not possible at all. Those k-training plebs in wvw need to keep suffering.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Ya it’s so bad in wvw,

Havent seen an ascended drop in WvW yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

The link to the article on ascended vendor changes
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Ascended-Vending-Changes

Grant Gertz Producer Wvw, Pvp and Fractals

Greetings Tyrians!

With the next release we will be making some changes to ascended vending in PvP and Fractals. Over the past year we introduced ways to obtain ascended gear via participation in either game mode thus allowing players to acquire gear by playing the game mode they chose. We implemented these vendors in a way that made sense for their perspective player base at the time. With the next release we are making two significant changes to these vendors to create one system that functions the same regardless of game mode.

First, each game mode will still use a specific currency unique to that mode as part of the price but the rest of the costs associated with purchasing the gear will be the same across the game modes. Having a unified system for acquiring ascended gear via vendors will give us more flexibility for adjustments, if they are needed, and it will give us the flexibility to potentially introduce this system in other game modes where appropriate.

Second, purchasing the ascended gear will now rely much more on player crafting. The cost for a piece of gear will now include a crafted token which shows a player’s mastery of the appropriate crafting discipline, the game mode specific currency, and raw gold. Ascended crafting is vital to sustaining a healthy economy and it is important that we keep that in place even when a player acquires ascended items via a vendor. For PvP, this will add a considerable cost to the acquisition of ascended gear. Please note that you will be able to buy gear with current prices until the update is live.

Ascended vending is not intended to be the optimal path for acquiring ascended gear, but rather a way for players to acquire the gear through time spent playing their preferred game mode. And while ascended vending now requires max level crafting, players that obtain ascended gear via vending will see a moderate discount in cost over traditional crafting.

Over the past year we introduced ways to obtain ascended gear via participation in either game mode thus allowing players to acquire gear by playing the game mode they chose.

Gee Grant I notice you have Wvw in your title, musta forgot it’s in there.

Also… lol now they put the cost to more reasonable levels when they practically gave it away a set for free in the season already. GG.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Ya it’s so bad in wvw,

Your comments on this have already been comprehensively refuted on the main thread on this.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

On the other hand I cringed when I read “favourite gamemode”. Pretty sure they assume WvW is no ones favourite mode at this point

Weird, since I have 100% map completion, personal/HoT/living story episodes all complete, done every event in HoT and have a dedicated fractal character (though I don’t dabble but a hand full of times in pvp)

I log every day in wvw and it is my favorite mode.

I literally only use pve/fractals to assist with gold farm/mat Farm to better wvw. Wvw is why I play…

So opinion doesn’t equal fact.

Edit: with full ascended gear

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Why don’t they use the WvW Rank for determing who gets how much Asc Armor pieces?

Iam now at nearly at a rank of 1900 and have 870 spare World Ability Points, why can’t we invest 200 of them into some ASC armor?

I spent so much time in that mode, i scouted for days, i leaded for month, i wiped, i killed, i pushed dolys, i build defense, i upgraded towers, i fought, i died, i respawned, i captured and all i got was crap compared to the PVE and PVP players.

We are unappreciated, ignored, abused and worst of all: we lost a whole bunch of players and friends to other games. We have always been at the end of the straw, our long praised overhaul was scraped, our community managers are changing every few month and the new ones rarely post here or communicate with us.

That is the harsh truth every WvW player has to deal with: we are not equal to the other game modes and we will never be.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Example vendor for WvW: 100 unspent rank points + 500 badges of honour + 60 gold = 1 ascended weapon or piece of armour, that way theres something for long time players to dump points into, and get ascended gear at the same time!

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Example vendor for WvW: 100 unspent rank points + 500 badges of honour + 60 gold = 1 ascended weapon or piece of armour, that way theres something for long time players to dump points into, and get ascended gear at the same time!

Knock off the 60 gold part. Maybe 5 gold. Us wvw players are poor!

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: stormstyle.3578

stormstyle.3578

Why don’t they use the WvW Rank for determing who gets how much Asc Armor pieces?

Iam now at nearly at a rank of 1900 and have 870 spare World Ability Points, why can’t we invest 200 of them into some ASC armor?

I spent so much time in that mode, i scouted for days, i leaded for month, i wiped, i killed, i pushed dolys, i build defense, i upgraded towers, i fought, i died, i respawned, i captured and all i got was crap compared to the PVE and PVP players.

We are unappreciated, ignored, abused and worst of all: we lost a whole bunch of players and friends to other games. We have always been at the end of the straw, our long praised overhaul was scraped, our community managers are changing every few month and the new ones rarely post here or communicate with us.

That is the harsh truth every WvW player has to deal with: we are not equal to the other game modes and we will never be.

this is so true!

[TAL] Uhino
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So patch notes are out and WvW shafting has been confirmed. PvP and fractals both have the chance to buy the recipes for the ascended crafting tokens with their respective currency so why wasn’t WvW using the proofs of heroics?

If anet devs still wonder why WvW players feel so ignored, stuff like this is why, it would have been so easy to include us.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Example vendor for WvW: 100 unspent rank points + 500 badges of honor + 60 gold = 1 ascended weapon or piece of armor, that way theres something for long time players to dump points into, and get ascended gear at the same time!

Knock off the 60 gold part. Maybe 5 gold. Us wvw players are poor!

IMO I would say something like 20-25g instead (depending on piece…coats would be the 25g) would be fine. Upwards would be too much.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights