Ascended Vendor WvW

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: akhilesh.9147

akhilesh.9147

Can we please get an ascended vendor in WvW(for full armor and weapons)? The thing I love about this game is that I can play any game mode I want and still make progress with regards to gear and gold.

This should probably encourage more activity in WvW as well.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I think they want people to grind PvE for their armor… well in WvW anyway. I would just be happy if they made the rings worth salvaging or selling since it is about the only ascended that drops.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: akhilesh.9147

akhilesh.9147

If I remember correctly, they stated that they “never intended non-crafting ways” as a method of acquiring ascended. With the addition of grandmaster tokens its very simple.

wvw badges + grandmaster tokens

I guess it will also need to be time gated.

(edited by akhilesh.9147)

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Anrkides.4083

Anrkides.4083

If I remember correctly, they stated that they “never intended non-crafting ways” as a method of acquiring ascended. .

So why we can buy it from raids?

Tethyx The Raider,
Necro Raiders [NR]
Gandarian, WvW player from born to death

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I think they’d just put a massive currency wall in front of it requiring some form of acquisition through pve or pvp.

They want pve and pvp to be fat and happy, point blank truth given their behavior towards wvw.

Dtox

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

If I remember correctly, they stated that they “never intended non-crafting ways” as a method of acquiring ascended. .

theyve said they didnt want vendors such as the pvp one to be the most effiecient ways to aquire ascended gear. thats also why they made it harder to get it in pvp

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

They should make this happen as soon as possible. Time gating is easy, because you can always make the ascended gear to require laurels, which are time gated. One can also keep the spvp-alike requirement to have 500 in related crafting.

Here are examples with suggested prices:
armor piece 400 proofs of heroics + 5 laurels + 5 gold
1-handed weapon 200 proofs + 3 laurels + 3 gold
2-handed weapon 400 proofs + 5 laurels + 5 gold
back piece 2000 proofs + 30 laurels + 50 gold
(of course all with user selectable stats)

Fractal materials should also be made available via WvWvW currencies, because they are needed for ring infusions:
Vial of Condensed Mists Essence = 50 proofs
Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence = 250 proofs
Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence = 1250 proofs

Proofs come slowly, so essentially these are come slower than playing fractals.

Alternatively 10 badges could be converted to 1 proof, meaning that 1000 badges would be worth of 100 proofs.

WvWvW needs rewards which are closer to the level of other game modes. Make this happen, Arenanet!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

You can buy it from fractals, raids, spvp. Fractals and spvp will now require level 500 crafting tokens, raids apparently have a cap on their currency to keep it time gated long enough to acquire the full set.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-Raid-Asc-vendor-not-requite-crafting/

theyve said they didnt want vendors such as the pvp one to be the most effiecient ways to aquire ascended gear. thats also why they made it harder to get it in pvp

After they already ran a season that practically gave away an entire set for free.

P.S I expect an ascended vendor will make it’s way into wvw at some point, and most likely at the highest cost of any other method, because they apparently think wvw flows gold out of the keester.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

People want wvw ascended vendors for some reason beyond me. It already has the best/cheapest ascended armor/weapon acquire method atm. If it does come it will just be the same as the spvp version which will still require 500 crafting.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

People want wvw ascended vendors for some reason beyond me.

People want spvp ascended vendors for some reason beyond me.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: blackgamma.1809

blackgamma.1809

making grandmaster tokens is already its own time gate. i wouldn’t throw laurels in there since i rather spend it on other things. in fact i rather make ascended gear the hard way if laurels were needed

and making gear through grandmaster tokens instead of normal crafting only saves you something like 12-20 gold (correct me if im wrong) its not much

but hey, making a full set of ascended gear through grandmaster tokens is still cheaper than the normal crafting way

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

People want wvw ascended vendors for some reason beyond me. It already has the best/cheapest ascended armor/weapon acquire method atm. If it does come it will just be the same as the spvp version which will still require 500 crafting.

Why there’s an ascended PvP vendor is beyond me. You can’t even use ascended gear in PvP.

How is does WvW have the best/cheapest ascended gear acquisition method? None of the reward tracks drop ascended gear.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: GundamSentinel.6470

GundamSentinel.6470

How exacly does wvw have the best/cheapest way of acquiring ascended? Because boxes can drop?

I play wvw several hours each day and have over 300% base MF, and I got just 5 ascended boxes in the whole of last year. Not even one complete set in a year. Gee, really efficient. I have to craft it? With food and siege expenses I make maybe 5-10g in an evening. It would take me months to fully gear a character in wvw.

Meanwhile ascended drops like candy in fractals and is handed out for free in pvp. How exactly is it easy to get ascended in wvw? Teach me, senpai!

Or stop talking nonsense and quit bringing up this completely backwards argument.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Justine.6351

How exacly does wvw have the best/cheapest way of acquiring ascended? Because boxes can drop?

I play wvw several hours each day and have over 300% base MF, and I got just 5 ascended boxes in the whole of last year. Not even one complete set in a year. Gee, really efficient. I have to craft it? With food and siege expenses I make maybe 5-10g in an evening. It would take me months to fully gear a character in wvw.

Meanwhile ascended drops like candy in fractals and is handed out for free in pvp. How exactly is it easy to get ascended in wvw? Teach me, senpai!

Or stop talking nonsense and quit bringing up this completely backwards argument.

Oh no! Months for top gear!

Fractals do not drop ascended gear like candy… And hello…Ascended is required there. And no it is not free in spvp anymore. Ascended gear boxes may be RNG in wvw but it’s free and so long as you play the mode they will drop. It might not feel like it at times but they do come.

I don’t get what is so hard about getting ascended gear in wvw…Just play wvw, boom done easy.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Don’t know why you have such a hard on trying to prevent wvw from getting better access to ascended.

Fractals drop free ascended too, so long as you play the game mode they will drop. It’s only required as you go higher in fractal levels to build your infusions slots for agony resist. Rings can get 3 infusion slots alone, it’s not hard to start up fractals. You can now buy ascended gear in three areas, fractals, raids, spvp (the area you don’t even need it). So why shouldn’t wvw get a vendor too? Have yet to hear a good reason why.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Justine.6351

Don’t know why you have such a hard on trying to prevent wvw from getting better access to ascended.

Fractals drop free ascended too, so long as you play the game mode they will drop. It’s only required as you go higher in fractal levels to build your infusions slots for agony resist. Rings can get 3 infusion slots alone, it’s not hard to start up fractals. You can now buy ascended gear in three areas, fractals, raids, spvp (the area you don’t even need it). So why shouldn’t wvw get a vendor too? Have yet to hear a good reason why.

Ok so add an ascended vendor and remove the random drops. Congrats you are now paying more for ascended gear. smh…

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Ok so add an ascended vendor and remove the random drops. Congrats you are now paying more for ascended gear. smh…

why? fractals has both.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Justine.6351

why? fractals has both.

Because wvw /= fractals
Smh…

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m still waiting for ANet to introduce a way of acquiring the Triumphant Hero armor skins, along with a way to upgrade our Hero weapons to Mistforged weapons. How long has it been since the last WvW Tournament? More than 3 years, I think.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: GundamSentinel.6470

GundamSentinel.6470

Fractals do not drop ascended gear like candy… And hello…Ascended is required there. And no it is not free in spvp anymore. Ascended gear boxes may be RNG in wvw but it’s free and so long as you play the mode they will drop. It might not feel like it at times but they do come.

I don’t get what is so hard about getting ascended gear in wvw…Just play wvw, boom done easy.

I got more ascended drops in one month of fractals than in one year of wvw. You bet it drops like candy there.

I can’t get a full set in a year with wvw drops and I know people who’ve been playing wvw for four years and haven’t had a single ascended weapon or armor box. Getting a character full ascended gear with wvw drops is not unlike waiting for a precursor drop. You really think the RNG of wvw drops is an easy, efficient way to get ascended gear? Really…? What’s wrong with you?

Yes, fractals require ascended. But if you’re in any way serious about wvw you’ll have to update your build and the stats of your gear often. You know what makes that a whole lot easier? Ascended gear! You know what’s a pain to get for wvw players? Ascended gear!

Months of grinding for gear that is such a QoL improvement for a wvw player is a looooooooooong time.

Could I deal with it? Sure. I have other ways to make money that don’t require me to sell my brain cells for pve gold and gear. But Anet has been so blatantly ignoring any ways to make wvw a bit more easy and profitable for the players that the ascended vendors for fractals and pvp seem particularly spiteful and a denial of wvw as a legitimate game mode.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

why? fractals has both.

Because wvw /= fractals
Smh…

You can keep smh doesn’t seem to be helping you.

spvp =/= pve and yet it has a vendor.

Wvw is under pve gearing, doesn’t have a vendor and has the worse drop rate. You’re the only I’ve seen claiming wvw has the best drop rates when for years, YEARS, players have been saying fractals drop rate is much higher.

You still haven’t given a legitimate reason why wvw shouldn’t have a vendor compared to the other end game modes. What’s your reason for this crusader to prevent better access to ascended for wvw?

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Justine.6351

why? fractals has both.

Because wvw /= fractals
Smh…

You can keep smh doesn’t seem to be helping you.

spvp =/= pve and yet it has a vendor.

Wvw is under pve gearing, doesn’t have a vendor and has the worse drop rate. You’re the only I’ve seen claiming wvw has the best drop rates when for years, YEARS, players have been saying fractals drop rate is much higher.

You still haven’t given a legitimate reason why wvw shouldn’t have a vendor compared to the other end game modes. What’s your reason for this crusader to prevent better access to ascended for wvw?

WvW does have gear vendors. It even has ascended trinket vendors aswell.

Everyone seems to think that Ascended weapon and armor vendors are going to be amazing additions to wvw and yet what would it really change? No really, what one specific thing would be so amazingly better about a vendor having ascended armor and weapons?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-crafting-buying-comparison/first#post6505271

I think many people are of the mind it will be just dump badges/heroic proofs/a few gold and you pickup shiny new ascended armor and weapons, easy. There is no way they are going to implement it like that.

as for the spvp /= pve but has a vendor comment,
I’m not an expert on spvp rank-up loot but does it have an rng chance to give ascended gear? That is kind of what I was basing my wvw /= pve comment as wvw rank-up can give ascended weapons and armor.

(edited by Justine.6351)

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Wvw has exotic vendors like dungeons.

We are not talking about trinkets, that’s available to everyone from the laurel vendors and guild vendors, and the rings are the most common drops of ascended.

Just because you don’t think it would be an amazing addition to wvw does not mean it should not exist, yet that same argument can be applied to spvp but they now have drops and a vendor.

Obviously badges should not be used as pricing, I don’t think anet is that stupid, they would come up with a new currency for it I’m sure. They just overhauled the pricing for fractals and spvp to add crafting, so they have an idea where they want the pricing for those items. Did you complain about the low prices of ascended gear from spvp last season? because they sure as hell were even more unreasonable low compared to even wanting to charge just badges.

Pretty sure there’s a chance to get ascended drops from anywhere in the game, at a low percentage, with fractals seemingly having a higher drop rate than everywhere else, which is fine considering you do you need the infusion slots for later levels of fractals. I have like 20 garbage rings sitting on my alt that I got as drops from fractals and wvw, most of it from wvw as that is where I spend most of my time.

Ascended doesn’t rain from rank up boxes as only you seem to think, and even then a good percentage of those drops are rings, someone would have to shove those rings up their hoohoo to get lucky enough for a full set of gear in a decent amount of time.

I have about 5500 hrs of playtime, 1870 ranks on my main, near 500 more on other accounts, and never gotten enough ascended to make a full set, even mix match pieces because there’s also 3 types of armor levels. I have also gotten more weapon drops than gear pieces, including teq’s cache. The one gear set I do have I had to craft it, because after 4 years of wvw I sure as hell wasn’t going to be able to collect all 6 light pieces from drops.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Justine.6351

Wvw has exotic vendors like dungeons.

We are not talking about trinkets, that’s available to everyone from the laurel vendors and guild vendors, and the rings are the most common drops of ascended.

Just because you don’t think it would be an amazing addition to wvw does not mean it should not exist, yet that same argument can be applied to spvp but they now have drops and a vendor.

Obviously badges should not be used as pricing, I don’t think anet is that stupid, they would come up with a new currency for it I’m sure. They just overhauled the pricing for fractals and spvp to add crafting, so they have an idea where they want the pricing for those items. Did you complain about the low prices of ascended gear from spvp last season? because they sure as hell were even more unreasonable low compared to even wanting to charge just badges.

Pretty sure there’s a chance to get ascended drops from anywhere in the game, at a low percentage, with fractals seemingly having a higher drop rate than everywhere else, which is fine considering you do you need the infusion slots for later levels of fractals. I have like 20 garbage rings sitting on my alt that I got as drops from fractals and wvw, most of it from wvw as that is where I spend most of my time.

Ascended doesn’t rain from rank up boxes as only you seem to think, and even then a good percentage of those drops are rings, someone would have to shove those rings up their hoohoo to get lucky enough for a full set of gear in a decent amount of time.

I have about 5500 hrs of playtime, 1870 ranks on my main, near 500 more on other accounts, and never gotten enough ascended to make a full set, even mix match pieces because there’s also 3 types of armor levels. I have also gotten more weapon drops than gear pieces, including teq’s cache. The one gear set I do have I had to craft it, because after 4 years of wvw I sure as hell wasn’t going to be able to collect all 6 light pieces from drops.

Soooo…
Why do we need vendors that require crafting when we can already just craft the gear?

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Soooo…
Why do we need vendors that require crafting when we can already just craft the gear?

Soooo…
Why do we need vendors in fractals, raids, spvp when we can already just craft the gear?

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Anet,

This is another prime example of you treating the WvW Game Mode like the proverbial “Red-headed Step Child.”

NOTE: you did the same thing with Auto-loot. It was like you were initially oblivious that auto-loot would be highly useful in WvW. It wasn’t until WvW’ers mass complained about this feature missing from their game mode that you made auto-loot available to WvW via its Rank and Abilities system. (Thank you, btw!)

As a primary WvW player, I feel that having an ascended gear vendor in WvW would also be useful to the community “As Long As” the pricing is fair and inline with the other game modes’ ascended gear vendors. (This appears to be what you’ve done recently with Fractals, sPvP and Raids.)

Please consider showing the WvW Community the same consideration you’ve shown the other game modes regarding having an ascended gear vendor within their respective game modes.

Thank you!

Moonlight [THRU]

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

WvW should get a ascended armor/weapon’s vendor that can be used with wvw currencies (existing or new ones). Its all anecdotal, but I am closing in on 4K wvw levels and have not gotten more than a couple non ring ascended items. Go and pay a few hours of PvP over the course of the season and nearly get a full set.

Give the wvw focused players an easier path to get ascended gear in their favorite game mode. Let them match up (gear wise) with those of us who got our gear from playing the other game modes.

SBI

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Red Owl.5649

Red Owl.5649

It be nice to have the choice to buy some ascended gear with WvW currency that is not even worth anything anymore.

Mods, stop deleting my posts.
Sorry(not really) for my bad English.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Justine.6351

Soooo…

Soooo…
Why do we need vendors in fractals, raids, spvp when we can already just craft the gear?

I don’t know, I’m not the one who begged anet to add in these stupid vendors for top tier gear that was originally added in because exotic gear was stupid easy to get. After spvp season 5 screw up now everyone is all in a frenzy to have ascended gear become the new exotic gear in their game mode because of it. Two wrongs doesn’t make a right.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Red Owl.5649

Red Owl.5649

Mods, stop deleting my posts.
Sorry(not really) for my bad English.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bdews.7068

Bdews.7068

hey arena net….all you have to do to save wvw is add ascended vendors and make conditions scale with toughness. Thank you.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Please add this A-net… some way to acquire Ascended in our chosen game mode.

Ascended weapon & chest drops are so incredibly rare.

Since the release of ascended i could count the number of chests on 1 hand and i play quite a lot….

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Soooo…

Soooo…

I don’t know, I’m not the one who begged anet to add in these stupid vendors for top tier gear that was originally added in because exotic gear was stupid easy to get. After spvp season 5 screw up now everyone is all in a frenzy to have ascended gear become the new exotic gear in their game mode because of it. Two wrongs doesn’t make a right.

NO MORE!
WE DRAW THE LAST LINE HERE!
YOU SHALL NOT HAVE A VENDOR!

And there we have it. 3 out of 4 end game modes have access to ascended drops and vendors but now you’re concerned for ease of access, so you want to screw over wvw because of that. Even though the cost for them are still pretty high, with the exception of one spvp season which they fixed.

People are not in a “frenzy” over it, wvw is the only game mode left that doesn’t have it and one thread in here about it isn’t a frenzy, frenzied talk right now is ghost thieves. I’m not one who begged for them either, I don’t think they should have it, but I don’t think it’s too much asking for equal consideration for wvw now.

Your personal opinion of how easy it is to get, is no reason why wvw shouldn’t get ascended vendors, sorry it isn’t, especially when one other game mode that has absolutely no use for it, gets it, and is being used as a prize to draw pve players in there, which btw wvw could also use.

You may think it’s wrong to have those vendors, but it doesn’t matter, Anet has put them in, they think it’s fine and went in that direction for access. They have the power to change the cost and time needed to get them, which they’ve already shown to do. Thinking that the cost is going to be a problem because “badges” is not a legitimate concern unless it does actually happen, but we see how they operate, how much they love to add another currency to earn something, crafting will now also been included I’m sure.

People put in the time to play their favorite game mode from fractal, raids, spvp, they get the chance to earn the top gear in the game, one mode has a higher drop rate, one other has no use for them but gets a vendor, so why should wvw not get one?

I’m asking for all game modes to be treated fairly, wvw is always last in consideration for everything. You’re going to into elitist territory in wanting to hold it back from wvw now.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Justine.6351

Soooo…

Soooo…

NO MORE!
WE DRAW THE LAST LINE HERE!
YOU SHALL NOT HAVE A VENDOR!

And there we have it. 3 out of 4 end game modes have access to ascended drops and vendors but now you’re concerned for ease of access, so you want to screw over wvw because of that. Even though the cost for them are still pretty high, with the exception of one spvp season which they fixed.

People are not in a “frenzy” over it, wvw is the only game mode left that doesn’t have it and one thread in here about it isn’t a frenzy, frenzied talk right now is ghost thieves. I’m not one who begged for them either, I don’t think they should have it, but I don’t think it’s too much asking for equal consideration for wvw now.

Your personal opinion of how easy it is to get, is no reason why wvw shouldn’t get ascended vendors, sorry it isn’t, especially when one other game mode that has absolutely no use for it, gets it, and is being used as a prize to draw pve players in there, which btw wvw could also use.

You may think it’s wrong to have those vendors, but it doesn’t matter, Anet has put them in, they think it’s fine and went in that direction for access. They have the power to change the cost and time needed to get them, which they’ve already shown to do. Thinking that the cost is going to be a problem because “badges” is not a legitimate concern unless it does actually happen, but we see how they operate, how much they love to add another currency to earn something, crafting will now also been included I’m sure.

People put in the time to play their favorite game mode from fractal, raids, spvp, they get the chance to earn the top gear in the game, one mode has a higher drop rate, one other has no use for them but gets a vendor, so why should wvw not get one?

I’m asking for all game modes to be treated fairly, wvw is always last in consideration for everything. You’re going to into elitist territory in wanting to hold it back from wvw now.

And yet you still cannot give a reason on how it will improve access to ascended gear when both the existing method and a vendor will require ~the same amounts of crafting.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Waitwut fractals dont drop asc like candy? I get at least 1 chest every daily runs. 3 last night with 2 rings. I know people with 5k ranks in wvw and they barely seen a gear box drop.

So ya why not a ascended vendor in wvw to please that playerbase. Give proofs and honor badges another purpose idk.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Bdews.7068

Please arena net please. Give wvw ascended armor from badges and proofs.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

And yet you still cannot give a reason on how it will improve access to ascended gear when both the existing method and a vendor will require ~the same amounts of crafting.

If it’s a vendor, there’s no crafting. If you want to spend your game time crafting to show how dedicated and how good you are at the game then have it. This isn’t a raid progression game where you show off your new stats that came out last month, most people in WvW don’t care beyond getting best in slot stats out of the way so they can actually play their builds and show off cosmetics. You can be tryhard but don’t expect everyone else to have the same arbitrary standards that you can’t help but double down on.

Kash
NSP

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Justine.6351

If it’s a vendor, there’s no crafting. If you want to spend your game time crafting to show how dedicated and how good you are at the game then have it. This isn’t a raid progression game where you show off your new stats that came out last month, most people in WvW don’t care beyond getting best in slot stats out of the way so they can actually play their builds and show off cosmetics. You can be tryhard but don’t expect everyone else to have the same arbitrary standards that you can’t help but double down on.

guess you missed the part where anet added crafting tokens to ascended gear purchasing and suggested that if any further ascended gear vendors were added in the future they would come under the same system.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

guess you missed the part where anet added crafting tokens to ascended gear purchasing and suggested that if any further ascended gear vendors were added in the future they would come under the same system.

Regardless, the crafting token takes out a big chunk of the cost of crafting the ascended gear and you can buy the mats you need to craft the token. Which would mean it would reduce the time spent in PvE grinding for mats or going through complicated crafting chains, and it would also make Ascended Gear cheaper to obtain through WvW for WvW players only due to Badges of Honour/Proofs of Heroics/Some other WvW currency tanking part of the cost.

The question here isn’t about what ascended gear is needed or how it is obtained. The question here is that Why doesn’t WvW have equal ways of obtaining Ascended Gear as sPvP and Fractals do?

By all right WvW is an endgame mode. You can argue semantics all day, but at the end sPvP is a game mode that doesn’t require any of your own gear and still allows you to get ascended gear by using an sPvP currency to tank part of the cost. Fractals drops ascended gear like candy. WvW drops two ascended boxes in a year. Clearly, there’s bias to be seen here and all this thread is asking for is for that bias to be rectified and acquisition to be made eve across all game modes.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

the crafting token takes out a big chunk of the cost of crafting the ascended gear

not really. I did the math for armor and you save on average 5 gold per piece of ascended if you get it through pvp/fractals from crafting it outright atm. Some pieces are actually more expensive to get through pvp than crafting them outright. Since 500 badges are worth 5 gold and armorpieces would most likely need more than that, it is unlikely that adding a vendor to wvw would actually reduce prices for ascended gear over crafting in any relevant way.

I agree that it is silly to have other gamemodes have options we don’t have in wvw, but the patch that added the tokens made getting ascended in other gamemodes not worth it. So for this to be worth it, they would first have to reduce the number of tokens needed per armorpiece in all gamemodes to give the special currency a value as well.

(edited by Rink.6108)

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

the crafting token takes out a big chunk of the cost of crafting the ascended gear

not really. I did the math for armor and you save on average 5 gold per piece of ascended if you get it through pvp/fractals from crafting it outright atm. Some pieces are actually more expensive to get through pvp than crafting them outright. Since 500 badges are worth 5 gold and armorpieces would most likely need more than that, it is unlikely that adding a vendor to wvw would actually reduce prices for ascended gear over crafting in any relevant way.

I agree that it is silly to have other gamemodes have options we don’t have in wvw, but the patch that added the tokens made getting ascended in other gamemodes not worth it. So for this to be worth it, they would first have to reduce the number of tokens needed per armorpiece in all gamemodes to give the special currency a value as well.

Ah, the costs depend on how they balance it for WvW, I suppose. The main thing is that playing this game mode that is not PvE is contributing to my ascended gearing.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

playing this game mode that is not PvE is contributing to my ascended gearing.

I agree with you but would argue that playing WvW already contributes to my ascended gearing by giving me gold and items I can convert to gold. Gold is the best currency, because you can get it in every gamemode and they HAVE to balance it well already.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

I see no reason why there shouldn’t be more alternate gear paths, normal crafting should be always the optimal way, but alternate gearing paths should exist to reward playing, eg fractal research pages, raid shards, spvp (spvp is overtuned and needs toning down).
For wvw, example currencies could be badges of honour+ hero notaries + token gold amount, it would be strictly slower then normal crafting, but still manage to reward dedicated play.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Personally I’m not arguing over the cost, I expect it to be on par with the cost of the other game modes, I certainly don’t expect it to cost badges which some people have stuck on their minds, I fully expect they would implement a new currency for this.

I’m arguing for equal access to purchasing the gear by playing the end game mode I prefer, using the currency dropping from that game mode, that is the same with the other 3 game modes is having to get currency as part of the cost. Well cept raiders but they’re time gated, and missing their legendary armors and need a decent reward in it’s place.

Having a vendor will
1. Give us a way to purchase gear using currency earned in wvw, just like the other modes.
2. Will give us a way to purchase the individual pieces we need to finish a set. There’s 3 different levels of armor to get, light medium heavy, imagine having to wait on random drops to complete one, it would take a years if you solely want to go it that way, while fractals is faster in that regard(that is also fine by me). Ascended does not drop like candy in wvw, 99.9% of the players will tell you that.
3. It would even give those hybrid players a chance to pick up a piece in wvw as the others, the time they spend in any of the 4 end game modes will help make progress on getting the top gear in the game, and they would never have to feel like having to play one over the other because of lack of progress for their time spent.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

The day they make it easier to get ascended is the day they introduce a new armor tier. I would say legendary but being able to flip stats in it would hurt their bottom line if ppl stopped buying gems to convert to gold to buy mats.

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

The day they make it easier to get ascended is the day they introduce a new armor tier. I would say legendary but being able to flip stats in it would hurt their bottom line if ppl stopped buying gems to convert to gold to buy mats.

It originally started with fractals having a vendor, then raids, then spvp, so I suppose at none of those points it is easier? (practically free set last spvp season) When it finally arrives to wvw, the last end game area, then it’ll be easy?

The game is suppose to be about not having to constantly upgrade gear, just upgrading your looks, but seems like some people would have preferred ascended were kept to the legendary tier of collecting.

P.S Legendary will be the “next tier”, same stats but you will have a unique look and will be able to flip stats for free. It will be much harder to acquire because you have to raid and the cost for each piece is being rumored to cost as much as a legendary weapon.

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Ascended Vendor WvW

in WvW

Bdews.7068

Anet please bumpity bump bump Anet Please