Ascended Weapons and WvW

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Oroibahazopi.9074

Oroibahazopi.9074

Exotics are just over 10% better than rares on a stat by stat basis contrary to what the wiki says.

And there’s totally no prejudice against people wearing rares in WvW,, nope, never seen it.

Also can everyone who says 10% isn’t significant please send me 10% of their salary for 10% of their lifetimes. Thanks!

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

I spend 100% of my time in WvW, I don’t enjoy the rest of the game.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

Uh you may want to re-read my post and then my post history.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Uh you may want to re-read my post and then my post history.

Sorry, I did mis-read your post

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: EchenSketch.9142

EchenSketch.9142

Sadly my money is that they will be a large advantage. This is based on how anet has handled things in the past (poorly). Being forced to pve to enjoy wvw is a bad idea.

My goal is to eliminate the latter scenario. And I promise to do as much as I can to meet that.

A better overall solution is to have WvW-only gear.

People rail against PvP-stats, but there is a reason they exist. It is still the most efficient way to give PvP in a PvE game its own gear progressions system.

I realize the horse has left the barn though. Anet has chosen casual WvW’ers over the dedicated.

EDIT: The PvP stat could be easily added through infusions.

No, a thousand times no. You can beat everything in PvE with Fine and Masterwork gear. Having WvW only armor would make getting rares/exotics/ascended pointless.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

EchenSketch.9142

Exotics are just over 10% better than rares on a stat by stat basis contrary to what the wiki says.

And there’s totally no prejudice against people wearing rares in WvW,, nope, never seen it.

Also can everyone who says 10% isn’t significant please send me 10% of their salary for 10% of their lifetimes. Thanks!

10% isn’t significant when given context We’re talking about exotic -> ascended on weapons. This isn’t a 10% on your total stats, just 1 piece of gear.

Let’s do some math shall we? From exotic armor, and ascended trinkets, players gain a total of roughly 1957 stats without runes, orbs, etc. Assuming ascended weapons have a 10% increase in stats, 435 stats from say an exotic greatsword would be 478.5 Now let’s get a total.

What comes about is a 1.8% increase in stats before adding upgrade components. Keep in mind, this is not a 1.8% increase in health, or damage. Translating a 1.8% increase in Vitality will add a miniscule amount of health, and will 99% of the time not make the difference in a battle. Now, stop QQ’ing and let Anet do their thing

Falkriiii – Elementalist

(edited by EchenSketch.9142)

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

“lol the stat difference is minimal” argument hasn’t been believed by anyone that PvPs in any game for a long time now.

It is the difference between winning a battle with 100 or less HP or dying horribly. Perhaps these people should take this argument to DOTA forums, and explain why it’s a waste to time to buy Iron Branches and Tread switch for minimal stat gains.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

10% isn’t significant when given context We’re talking about exotic -> ascended on weapons. This isn’t a 10% on your total stats, just 1 piece of gear.

Let’s do some math shall we? From exotic armor, and ascended trinkets, players gain a total of roughly 1957 stats without runes, orbs, etc. Assuming ascended weapons have a 10% increase in stats, 435 stats from say an exotic greatsword would be 478.5 Now let’s get a total.

What comes about is a 1.8% increase in stats before adding upgrade components. Keep in mind, this is not a 1.8% increase in health, or damage. Translating a 1.8% increase in Vitality will add a miniscule amount of health, and will 99% of the time not make the difference in a battle. Now, stop QQ’ing and let Anet do their thing

I’m surprised you haven’t actually seen how damage is calculated given you took all that trouble with those numbers.
From gw2 wiki:
Damage done = (weapon damage) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

Now there is a 12.8% increase in weapon damage from rare to exotic. I’m going to guess there is going to be a similar increase for exotic to ascended. This will result in a direct increase of damage for ascended weapons.

Trinkets were a whole different story, x% increase in stats for trinkets resulted in an increase of damage of much less than x%, because of power from armor, weapon, etc.

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

EchenSketch.9142

27269kittenenSketch.9142:

I’m surprised you haven’t actually seen how damage is calculated given you took all that trouble with those numbers.
From gw2 wiki:
Damage done = (weapon damage) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

Now there is a 12.8% increase in weapon damage from rare to exotic. I’m going to guess there is going to be a similar increase for exotic to ascended. This will result in a direct increase of damage for ascended weapons.

Trinkets were a whole different story, x% increase in stats for trinkets resulted in an increase of damage of much less than x%, because of power from armor, weapon, etc.

I was talking specifically about stat increases becuase I highly doubt ascended weapons will receive the same jump, in terms of direct damage, that players got from rare → exotic

Falkriiii – Elementalist

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

Ascended equipment is very likely to have 13% + boost to every statistic except percentage based ones. It actually changes because infusions are a fixed amount so amulets get a smaller increase as a percentage than rings etc.

You get at most 300 from traits and you get 916 from base stats which is at most 1216.

I work out that if you built towards one specific major stat you get at the end 969 (bonuses from gear and jewels, exo gear throughout).

A typical rune has a bonus of 165 to the primary stat to make 1134.

At this point we’re only covering the bonuses to stats, not inherent things like armour and weapon power. And we’ve got a roughly 50/50 split meaning that ascended gear will give ~6.5% performance over exo in a primary stat.

Taking weapons we add 1100 to 1134 to get 2234 which is roughly 2/3 of the combined total meaning ascended will give a boost of ~8.7% attack power.

Now I 100% understand that not all builds focus in one stat like this, but likewise not all build max out the trait line with the stat they want to make primary. It’s just an exemplification of a possible scenario in build dynamics.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Gear progression in general has been entirely uneeded since it was implemented. The “bridge the gap between exotics and legendary” is a load of bull#%&$. It’s simply end game grind content that devalues exotic rewards. Gear progression no matter how minuscule is annoying, and deliberately designed to keep the players playing by forcing a grind to progress. It’s not like ascended gear or legendary weapons are rewarded for any display of skill or talent, just RNG and another time sink that’s not going to be fun.

Come on guys. I’d love to do something other than WvW, but none of it is fun, challenging, immersive, interesting, or even good. The level and art design team are straight up carrying the whole studio on their backs. Those guys make it look easy while the rest of the team needs to seriously step their #@&%ing game up!

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Gear progression in general has been entirely uneeded since it was implemented. The “bridge the gap between exotics and legendary” is a load of bull#%&$. It’s simply end game grind content that devalues exotic rewards. Gear progression no matter how minuscule is annoying, and deliberately designed to keep the players playing by forcing a grind to progress. It’s not like ascended gear or legendary weapons are rewarded for any display of skill or talent, just RNG and another time sink that’s not going to be fun.

Come on guys. I’d love to do something other than WvW, but none of it is fun, challenging, immersive, interesting, or even good. The level and art design team are straight up carrying the whole studio on their backs. Those guys make it look easy while the rest of the team needs to seriously step their #@&%ing game up!

To add to that, a game that monetizes appearance in the form of skins shouldnt then make these items redundant. Forcing the player to spend more money to transition this look unto the new relevant tier of gear.
Especially if that person already spend money to acquire that skin in the first place.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

After seeing today how insanely expensive it’s going to be to craft ascended gear, I again have to wonder why the legendary stat selection system will not be available for ascended gear. People go for legendaries for the skins and wow-look-at-me effect, not the stats…and that’s fine if you don’t have to waste two months of your life to have the same benefit sans aesthetics.

Every serious wvw player has probably dumped out dozens, if not more than a hundred pieces of exotic gear to change stats or salvage out expensive runes and sigils. How excited is a player going to be if they spend hundreds and hundreds of gold making a gear set and their build gets nerfed so badly, or a buff makes another build better, and it requires a major change to gear, if not a whole new set? Mind you were are not even considering running different builds without the need for 14+ separate pieces of gear…or alts.

The very high cost of ascended equipment would be much more palatable if it’s the last piece of equipment you’ll ever have to make for that slot. That is a goal that’s not purely a treadmill, or a rug that might be pulled out from under you.

(edited by zen.6091)

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

Well, I give up. Not going to even bother crafting it. Wish ascended would just be scaled down or excluded from WvW. Oh did I mention, they are planning on introducing ascended armor too? Good game.

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Glenn.3417

Glenn.3417

Doesn’t matter how much we complain about this crap gear treadmill.
They are forcing it on us whether we like it or not.

Anet is a business and it seems that they cater to the mindless pve ppl who shy away from anything remotely challenging . As long as those ppl keep bringing in $$ the ppl who want competitive/challenging play are gonna get ignored (wvw only got culling fixed, still no new battle formats for spvp like deathmatch etc, where as pve get’s biweekly new content).

Champion Phantom – Legionnaire – Genius – Magus

(edited by Glenn.3417)

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

For the materials you have to flip objects on a decent rate. Otherwise people will leave WvW to “power farm” the needed materials in PvE. In blowout matchups the three servers have to communicate to establish “material trains” to maintain a decent influx of ingredients. Maybe the servers should define windows in time, where all three zergs run in circles and “power flip” objects.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bullk.5836

Bullk.5836

For the materials you have to flip objects on a decent rate. Otherwise people will leave WvW to “power farm” the needed materials in PvE. In blowout matchups the three servers have to communicate to establish “material trains” to maintain a decent influx of ingredients. Maybe the servers should define windows in time, where all three zergs run in circles and “power flip” objects.

That would be very simple all we have to do is agree between servers on BL maps

I take yours you take his he takes mine, then he takes yours I take his you take mine, so on and so forth, rinse and reapeat rotate, funnnnnnnnnnntastistc gameplay right there

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Sadly my money is that they will be a large advantage. This is based on how anet has handled things in the past (poorly). Being forced to pve to enjoy wvw is a bad idea.

My goal is to eliminate the latter scenario. And I promise to do as much as I can to meet that.

the shroud of the dark side has fallen. begun the crafting war has.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

You… I like you.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Well, lets not kid ourselves. The mats might actually drop in a fair amount in WvW. The problem of practicaly no ectos from WvW still stands strong. Means we WvW people are the first ones to invest everything to get the 300% MF to recieve some ecto from drops.

BTW in another thread a dev said they are aware of the fact that they flooded so much money into the game with their Living Story updates. I fear they considered the amount of money every pve player has now for crafting ascended weapons too. Sadly the only part where the stats can be gamebreaking didnt recieve any financial support from Anet.

~ Gandara

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

I’ll also point out here that I am not involved in this system, outside of making sure the interests of WvW are appropriately represented as it is designed and implemented. If you have suggestions for different ways to handle this, you should find a more appropriate forum.

I don’t think Devon is completely abdicating responsibility in this statement, but I think he is subtlety trying to tell us what we already know: WvW is one part of the game (and not a focus), decisions are made by committee, he is one voice among many. I’ll wager a bet ANet has internal metrics indicating that there are more PvE players (which ironically is a function of the amount of PvE someone has to do to WvW) and/or PvE players are a more profitable segment of the player community. As a result development resources will tend to focus them.

We are all Oliver Twists over here. We will take the soup they decide to give us and like it.

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

(edited by amiable.4823)

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

1 new lvl80 and 100Gold later I can tell you I’m ready master.
Although I already have my legendary.
So I will already have ascended status.

Hmm.
Shoulda thought about that one.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

You… I like you.

good relations with Castaliea.3156 I have. may the force be with you.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Ascended Weapons and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

This is a huge issue.
As a pvp-focused player that just like someone above me said and many others are I was brought here to the idea that it was going to be quick and easy to gear up so I would be able to play competitively.
Now trinkets alone with laurels take like 2 months to get (assuming you keep an eye on completing daily/monthly a pvp-oriented player already doesn’t care about) and they give already a quite considerable buff.

You guys better fix this up and do it quick because as soon as ascended full gear will start popping up in wvw giving many people big stat disadvantages that will make them quit as fast as you can blink.
I know I will. And I now I’m not alone.

So to sum it up:

You clearly stated in the game manifesto that everyone would have fast access to top level gear for equal fights and I and many others have been baited by that.
I want to play vs other people in a good game with good gameplay and good mechanics/environment. EQUALLY.
I don’t have time to farm your bullkitten.
I expect you to fix the situation. And not because I’m a pretentious spoiled brat that wants everything and wants it now. I expect you to do that because that’s what pvpers want, that’s what you advertised, that’s what got me to buy the game, and that’s what you’re screwing up.

The grind in wvw (masteries) is ridiculous already. The pve / living story grind actually requires more than my entire playtime, if I got all the advantages from there I have zero time to do any of the bit I actually enjoy.

Now here comes another mandatory grind bullkitten with ascended weapons. Bound to have awful wvw implementation as usual, requiring 20 times the effort of pve-ers who ironically actually might enjoy grinding and probably want a longer grind.

Very demoralising