Ascended armour not needed or worth it

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I been seeing alot of people complaining how ascended armor makes the game unfair, but the stat increase is so small it wont affect the outcome of a fight. As long as player have full ascended trinkets with full exotics armour they are good to go. The offensive increase of zerker shoulders is only 1 power and 1 precision and its quite expensive to obtain( heaven help players that wanna get full ascended on light armour classes).

Its a waste of money and players are better off just trying to get full ascended trinkets to stay competitive.

Attachments:

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

you’re forgetting the 6 extra infusions.. that could be an extra 24 Toughness/Vitality and -6% dmg from guards on top of the armor itself.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by GrandmaFunk.3052)

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

While I agree it is not game breaking you did forget the Infusion slots and the additional armor. The armor difference amounts to about 50 more toughness or something like 2.5% dmg reduction.

Spread that across 20 or more people and the dmg reduction alone can be a noticeable difference.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Currently, each infusion carries +5 stats. I predict:

• April: raised to +7 stats.
  • July: raised to +10 stats.
  • October: raised to +15 stats.
  • December: raised to +22 stats.

Each stat increase will be an epic grind.

Oh, by the way, Ascended gear is the only gear that has infusion slots. Anet loves its vertical grind — and will make you love it too!

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I want more skins that look nice. Never really liked the idea of ascended gear. It could have been done like this. Stats like exo but has infusions. Legendaries – stat like exos but has infusions and changeable stats like now.

Also exo upgradable to acended into legendary would have been more awesome.

But like every game, it only goes up. All games grind, no exceptions. ;3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Currently, each infusion carries +5 stats. I predict:

• April: raised to +7 stats.
  • July: raised to +10 stats.
  • October: raised to +15 stats.
  • December: raised to +22 stats.

Each stat increase will be an epic grind.

Oh, by the way, Ascended gear is the only gear that has infusion slots. Anet loves its vertical grind — and will make you love it too!

But … but … but … we have a Horizontal vs Vertical Progression CDI running, right? The one where 99% of the player responses want horizontal progression instead of vertical progression. Surely ANet will take heed and do something about it, right?

Oh wait ….

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

While I agree it is not game breaking you did forget the Infusion slots and the additional armor. The armor difference amounts to about 50 more toughness or something like 2.5% dmg reduction.

Spread that across 20 or more people and the dmg reduction alone can be a noticeable difference.

Yea I am not saying there is no increase but the increase is so tiny esp offensively. I think people who want to play alts should concentrate getting trinkets and maybe weapons. The armor just isn’t worth it.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir