Ascended drop rate in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Nime.2089

Nime.2089

Ascended trinkets are available in WvW for a reasonable ammount of Badges + Laurels and some for Ectos. This can all be completely achieved in WvW itself. Now it is clear that we will not be able to get all crafting materials etc. required to craft ascended weapons from WvW but they are supposed to drop from Camps, Towers, Keeps and JP’s (pls correct me if I am wrong), but does anyone know the drop rate of it? Has anyone already received an ascended weapon as drop?

I just want to get an overview how likely it is that all player can get access to ascended equipment without spending a ton of time in PvE or spending around 200g + for the “buyable” parts only to reach lvl 500 in the crafting discipline where I want to start creating an ascended weapon…

in WvW

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

You know how often ascended rings drop from rank chests?
I´d imagine chances of getting ascended weapon will be even less.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

All of the required mats have a chance to drop in wvw or can be aquired through wvw besides the ones that a re refined or purchased. But it will be slow.

Salvage exotics, tower champ bags, castle/keep lord bags and camp supervisors apparently drop something.

I wouldn’t expect to get a ascended weapon drop in wvw…

(edited by kingcragus.6810)

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I can’t think of any other game that has gone from ‘we won’t make this a grind fest’ to the complete opposite in a year.

The chances of getting an ascended drop in wvw is an easy question to answer- less likely than winning the lottery when you don’t buy a ticket for it.

Chances of being able to equip more than one toon with ascended gears and trinkets including armor and the multitude of weapons you need to run wvw builds, none.

Time it will take you if you decide to pve the necessary items and spend all day looking for ori nodes then level your crafting ON EACH TOON – years.

Well done Anet, congratulations on being the MMO that broke the rules…..

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Nime.2089

I can’t think of any other game that has gone from ‘we won’t make this a grind fest’ to the complete opposite in a year.

The chances of getting an ascended drop in wvw is an easy question to answer- less likely than winning the lottery when you don’t buy a ticket for it.

Chances of being able to equip more than one toon with ascended gears and trinkets including armor and the multitude of weapons you need to run wvw builds, none.

Time it will take you if you decide to pve the necessary items and spend all day looking for ori nodes then level your crafting ON EACH TOON – years.

That is the answer I feared will be correct. I was hoping that the statements Anet has made multiple times, that they will not introduce superior gear only a few can access with unreasonable effort, were still true… Obviously they have changed their minds.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

You know how often ascended rings drop from rank chests?
I´d imagine chances of getting ascended weapon will be even less.

Mostly i got only green. Some rares no exotic. Ascended? What is that?

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

The “No grind involved” ment that you don’t have to do it to stay competitive. Sure, that little extra from ascended does help, but it’s not necessary. I have yet to touch a single piece of ascended and I’m doing fairly good to be honest. You can do well enough with pure exotic set and you do fairly well with it.

“No grind involved” doesn’t mean you will be handed everything on a silver plate.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Nime.2089

The “No grind involved” ment that you don’t have to do it to stay competitive. Sure, that little extra from ascended does help, but it’s not necessary. I have yet to touch a single piece of ascended and I’m doing fairly good to be honest. You can do well enough with pure exotic set and you do fairly well with it.

“No grind involved” doesn’t mean you will be handed everything on a silver plate.

Wait until ascended armor is introduced. If you are full exotic against full ascended I think the difference will very well matter…

in WvW

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

yesterday one guy of our server got an ascended weapon drop from ther champion in a tower

bad thing is you can only choose the weapon type not the stats so he got healing power vita and condi dmg

and yes the difference will be big if you use full ascended vs exotics i think will be arround 200 primary stats at least

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

in WvW

Posted by: OliT.7945

OliT.7945

I don’t see the weapons as too much of an issue tbh. They might be a little annoying to get, but it’s not a game breaking stat increase. However I am genuinely concerned about when ascended armor comes out, if it is of similar difficulty/cost to getting the weapons then it will cause quite a lot fo problems I think…

Tomadar/Tomagar
Elementalist for Repel Time [ETA]
Always happy to accept gold donations.

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

yesterday one guy of our server got an ascended weapon drop from ther champion in a tower

bad thing is you can only choose the weapon type not the stats so he got healing power vita and condi dmg

and yes the difference will be big if you use full ascended vs exotics i think will be arround 200 primary stats at least

Was it soulbound or account bound?

Sucks you cant choose the stats but did we really think it would be a good system?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Was it soulbound or account bound?

Sucks you cant choose the stats but did we really think it would be a good system?

If you have a decent spread of alts, you can probably make use of every weapon stat.

It’s a shame there’s a certain character-based levelling system that completely undermines that, though…

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: shoufer.2917

shoufer.2917

Ascended trinkets are available in WvW for a reasonable ammount of Badges + Laurels and some for Ectos. This can all be completely achieved in WvW itself. Now it is clear that we will not be able to get all crafting materials etc. required to craft ascended weapons from WvW but they are supposed to drop from Camps, Towers, Keeps and JP’s (pls correct me if I am wrong), but does anyone know the drop rate of it? Has anyone already received an ascended weapon as drop?

I just want to get an overview how likely it is that all player can get access to ascended equipment without spending a ton of time in PvE or spending around 200g + for the “buyable” parts only to reach lvl 500 in the crafting discipline where I want to start creating an ascended weapon…

I have receive one ring from the WvW leveling chest and have seen two others in my guild get them. The developers specifically stated that the ascended drops are going to be rare. Not sure about the weapons part though have not seen anyone get a weapon.

in WvW

Bailey.6892

I am low rank 38/20/18 and cant recall my other characters ranks. Not a single exotic let alone an ascended.

in WvW

Nime.2089

I am low rank 38/20/18 and cant recall my other characters ranks. Not a single exotic let alone an ascended.

Hi Bailey. Are those your WvW Rank or your actualy Character lvl’s?
WvW Rank shouldn’t have an impact on the drop rate. However, if those are your lvl’s Exotic do not drop yet. I think the lowest Exotic lvl gear is lvl 62. Since the drops are scaled to your actual lvl you propably wont get any Exotic drops until you hit around 60+.

Hope this helps.

If you have a decent spread of alts, you can probably make use of every weapon stat.

It’s a shame there’s a certain character-based levelling system that completely undermines that, though…

WvW is not really alt-friendly which makes it even difficult to try and get a set of ascendeds for one character. If you craft it you can ofcourse choose the stats but as far as I have seen this is either a rough and/or an expensive way to go.

(edited by Nime.2089)

in WvW

Bailey.6892

Sorry those are my WvW ranks on the different 80’s I have and that I can remember their rank. It is a pain for me trying to get them all up in their ranks.

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Wife is 150ish, she got exotics from 2 ranks in a row at 140ish. Some before that as well.

Also, I have 3 characters at 30-40ish, have looted an exotic once that i noticed, but I don’t usually look too much; it’s open and hit accept while running/scanning.

Haven’t seen or heard about ascended, but I was only on for 2-3hrs last night.

EDIT: and none of my small group that i play with has gotten an ascended ring or anything before the patch.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Wife is 150ish, she got exotics from 2 ranks in a row at 140ish. Some before that as well.

Also, I have 3 characters at 30-40ish, have looted an exotic once that i noticed, but I don’t usually look too much; it’s open and hit accept while running/scanning.

Haven’t seen or heard about ascended, but I was only on for 2-3hrs last night.

EDIT: and none of my small group that i play with has gotten an ascended ring or anything before the patch.

You have heard of AOE loot, right…?

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Have 5 lvl 80s that I play in WvW
highest rank is 41 lowest is 13 now.

Have never once gotten an Exotic drop in WvW. not from players, camps, towers, keeps, castles, or rank chests.

I spent 2 hours farming the champs in Orr one the first night of the Champion chests. got 3 exotic.

When I farm.. i average one exotic per 5 hours. I have spent hundreds of hours over my characters in WVW and have not gotten ONE.

The chance is not rare…. its so far beyond rare… and Anet does not give a kitten’s rump!

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

My understanding is the weapons created are ACCOUNT BOUND until Equipped. Thus, only 1 toon needs to know the weapon crafting skills.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Guildmate got ascended weapon drop in WvW yesterday. I think with new magic find chances on better drops become significantly higher.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Guildmate got ascended weapon drop in WvW yesterday. I think with new magic find chances on better drops become significantly higher.

I know of a few of ours who pulled in a rather bizarrely high number of Ascended/Exotics from their chests after the most recent patch.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Nime.2089

Well MF is fine and all but if there is like a 1% chance to get an Exotic drop and you have 200% Magic find increase you will have a total chance of 3% to get an Exotic. But as far as I know if anything has already 20% (like Blues and Greens) it will also go up to 60%. So the problem is that you have a higher chance of getting anything over nothing at all but I am not quite sure how the system increases your chance of getting anything usefull (Exotic / Ascended) in this case at all….

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Got an ascended weapon today (carrion stats) from a rank up chest going 175.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

in WvW

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

That is the answer I feared will be correct. I was hoping that the statements Anet has made multiple times, that they will not introduce superior gear only a few can access with unreasonable effort, were still true… Obviously they have changed their minds.

As company you can’t change your mind when you sell a product and tout with one thing. ANet is a lier :P now we must live with that, that every statemant from anet could be a lie

Momekas
Momekas Namu

(edited by MandJ.8965)

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

As company you can’t change your mind when you sell a product and tout with one thing. ANet is a lier :P now we must live with that, that every statemant from anet could be a lie

I’m already waiting for gear-based pvp, 25 man raids and 6 monthly gear tier updates.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I know of a few of ours who pulled in a rather bizarrely high number of Ascended/Exotics from their chests after the most recent patch.

ANet nefarious stealth chest buff?

I did manage to pull an exotic from one of today’s chests. I guess we’ll find out soon if I get any more.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

IMO there should be a way to change the stats of an ascended weapon once you found one, e.g. through MF. Chances to (a) actually find an ascended weapon with (b) the right stats is way too low. Either that or make dropped ascended weapons tradable.

I dont see the reason why legendaries are tradable but ascended weapons are not.