Ascended will not be a free win vs exotic

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

That’s one thing I like about this game… bad players/groups with best in slot gear still get taken down by good players/groups without best in slot gear. Which is how it should work.

in WvW

Posted by: Oroibahazopi.9074

Oroibahazopi.9074

I can beat drooling kittens naked with level 1 weapons, what’s your point.

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

What’s your point? If I want to win vs an equally skilled opponent with Ascended, I’d stll need ascended… how many times have you came out of a fight with 500-1000 HP?

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

I don’t think you understand the difference between “free win” and “at a disadvantage”.

10%+ is a significant advantage, people would kill for 10% bonus damage/hp/etc in actually competitive games.

I also can’t help but notice that you’re in a t8 server also, that recently moved up from t9. And I hate to bring any kind of tier elitism and I’m not saying that therefore you’re bad but t8 dude t8.

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

What’s your point? If I want to win vs an equally skilled opponent with Ascended, I’d stll need ascended… how many times have you came out of a fight with 500-1000 HP?

Not many. “Equally skilled” opponents are almost nonexistent. One is almost always at least slightly better than the other. I either die or walk away with 5k+ hp most of the time.

152 total stat points split between at least 3 stats (all exotic vs. all ascended trinkets) aren’t making or breaking your fights now (whether you think they are or not). Why would ascended weapons suddenly change that?

edit: @ the guy above me, 152 points isn’t 10% either. I mean hell you get 700 just from traits.

in WvW

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

oh don’t worry i’m sure oroi couldn’t possibly be making a link between personal skill and server ranking…. could he?

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

I explicitly said I didn’t if you care to read my post. But a ghost town t8 server who’s dying on it’s kitten according to mos.millennium obviously doesn’t have much WvW talent or competition.

in WvW

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

i care to read your post, but then you better learn to say things explicitely, which you didn’t, and rank 25 and 24 servers got matched with rank 18 serrver, what do you think was gonna happen? i think you speak much without knowing much really, as you qualify us of ghost town ^^, and there’s still no link between the OP subject and server ranking, you still have no point talking about server tier.

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I don’t think you understand the difference between “free win” and “at a disadvantage”.

10%+ is a significant advantage, people would kill for 10% bonus damage/hp/etc in actually competitive games.

I also can’t help but notice that you’re in a t8 server also, that recently moved up from t9. And I hate to bring any kind of tier elitism and I’m not saying that therefore you’re bad but t8 dude t8.

People get +6% HP cause their server is winning and +6% healing effectiveness. I don’t see threads asking for the Realm bonuses to be going away? We should make a thread to get rid of bonuses for the server in first place its unfair right?

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in WvW

Oroibahazopi.9074

All servers, even in stacked matches manage to get those bonuses.

in WvW

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

Ascended defense force at the ready – with poor arguments fired.

I’ve won fights with less than 100 HP, which is probably even less than a 10% difference.

WvW bonuses lol – the fact that there are already discrepancies in balance doesn’t excuse increasing them further.

This is the same game where people will spend god knows how much gold for Bloodlust, Food and Utility buffs.

I wonder how these arguments would fare if you tried to tell a DOTA player how Iron Branches and Tread switching don’t make a “significant” difference.