August 6th - End of Defending and Upgrading?

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

It has been confirmed that WvW champions like tower lords will also drop the new bags. AFAIK the bags will have a chance on unique skins and crafting mats.

Will this mean nobody will upgrade or defend anymore, and the blobs will go around in circles on the map to PvD and flip towers for these bags? It already is a thankless thing to upgrade or stay in a tower to scout, but with the new patch, if you upgrade, you will reduce your future loot, because it will hinder the enemy to flip your tower, and you won’t get the lootbag for flipping it back. And if you stay in the tower and not go with the blob, you won’t get the lootbag from the towers they cap. What about those who spend ages to treb and open walls from afar? They too won’t get the lootbag, and loose chance for skins and mats.

Do not confuse this with the karma train. Anyone who plays WvW regularly sits on millions of karma. Defending towers also gives karma and other rewards like WXP. But defense events do not grant the new bags, do they? There is nothing but server pride to stop a “lootbag train” to go around the map flipping towers, and not fighting at all except when it’s unavoidable. I could imagine each side accumulating 100+ golems, because killing enemy golems is a mistake in the next patch – the more golems each side has, the faster the flipping can go, and the more lootbags you can get. At least 1 / 5 min if you’re good at it.

I don’t mean to spread end of the WvW rumors, but.. it could happen, maybe not at all times and not in a such drastic version but it is yet another nail in the coffin of defenders and upgraders and one more reason to BLOB everything! :P

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

I vote we all agree to move our zergs in a clockwise direction so that nobody actual fights each other and we just farm keeps/champs for the wxp and loots.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

having more than 15-20 golems is a mistake… theyll bust a paper gate in seconds anyways and wont require extra mesmers.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

You’re going to tower train for a bag? A single bag? If you want to PvE, go PvE.

Stopping your tower train will net me 80+ bags and all of your tears.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I remember when WxP was introduced. For the first week there was a whole lot of karma farming. Eventually the novelty wore thin and people got back to competing for the win.

Now, every now and again (or on whatever day of the week), you might find a dedicated karma farm day/night. Really though this only occurs late in the week when the match is already determined.