Aurora Glade vs Abaddon's Mouth vs Jade Sea

in WvW

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

And the fight is up for the second time! Really looking forward to this! Awesome start’s from all the servers good good fights

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

I see AM have come out with a powerful start again. EB was a touch nasty for us Gladians, getting pressed from both servers quite hard, and blocking our supply camps very well. Going to be a tough week.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Tenshi.3598

Tenshi.3598

Please do report it as best you can. We don’t want cheaters on our server. Hope ‘repair+mesmer’ explains it, but let anet check it, better safe than sorry.

We try reporting “dubious cases” as well – all we can do is hope anet deals with it and that in general, our servers are above such behaviour.

This Glade has thorns…and here they are!

(edited by Tenshi.3598)

in WvW

Posted by: Fana Tilk.5816

Fana Tilk.5816

I’m pretty sure it’s a small group of players who play in such way… But it’s always frustrating when you did spent money in upgrades.

I won’t complain against your entire server ! We had some great moments this night against you
I just hope that Anet will do something against this shortly !

Fana Tilk
Mer de Jade [FR] ~ Jade Sea [FR]

in WvW

Posted by: Genewen.2415

Genewen.2415

EDIT: By the way, if a developer/game master wants me to show him/her how you can teleport, I can make a demo. I figured it out after, while testing with my elementalist teleport skill.

I don’t want to put a video or screens of it here.

Please make a video, upload it at youtube (as “not listed” of course) and send the description and the link to exploits@arena.net. I’m sure they’d love to hear about this.

in WvW

kribre.9683

Thanks for good fights today AM and JS on our own borderland, and on AM borderland

Tripilios

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

This matchup is bloody fantastic. Blunders by everyone on all sides, great battles (last night the 3 way for hills on AM borderlands, omg that was good). The scores are tight, and to be honest most of the time there’s never a HUGE points discrepancy in pts per tick. Good fights all, hope this stays this way.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Indeed great fights. Though I found it funny that last night AM had to resort to switching to their thieves to try and kill us all, but still failed. None of us have ever seen so many thieves in one area before :P

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Heero.3149

Heero.3149

Me and 5 other unity members just held RedWater lowlands on the Abbadons Mouth Borderlands for quite a while man was so much fun, Thanks for great fight AM and Jade Sea for your part of it aswell

Hiro – Officer of Unity – Aurora Glade Server
http://www.unityguild.net

in WvW

Posted by: egalon.1702

egalon.1702

Hi,
first of all happy new year to you
So far, this is a very great matchup: Long and good fights and the scores are mostly near to each other. I didn´t thought that we would be the first after three days, but our players at night have increased since the last week ( Thanks to all of you, you are doing a great job.) Looking forward to the next week!
Egalon
[Army]

Egalon
[void] No Content
Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

And a happy new year to you too egalon, you can step on my necro’s marks anytime! >:D

I suspect that a lot of people are not playing WvW as much during the Christmas period, it certainly is an interesting match and can be the most exciting area of the game. Some guilds have suffered considerable absence which may have affected performance.

This is still the closest WvW week I’ve been in but has also shown the same balancing issues. The enemies have been fickle, sometimes deciding not to attack another world then doing so some time later.

There have been numerous suggestions that some few players do ‘cheat’. I try to report any instances of this but action is up to the anet team. I think that a player should be warned before being banned for cheating, although mostly it should be short term and more a sin bin option. Mostly I hope that effort is being made to fix the bugs and avoid them getting back into the game when a new build is released using previously corrected code, which is happening rather too often.

in WvW

Tenshi.3598

Keep the reports to the anticheating division – on the forums it’s just bound to become a flame war.

Happy newyear to all our servers (okay, other servers as well) – was a nice opening night.

in WvW

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

Some nice Fights so far.

Lowlands is always good for small Groups, 3 Way Fights that can turn in an instant and mostly pure fun, well up to the point when a big Zerg kills you but thats fine ^^

Also thx for some nice Fights at a The Noble Mesmer von TIME, was really a fun time up to the End when the Jadesee Zerg jumped from the Bridge on our Heads

Jathres BNF Char Ele

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

in WvW

Genewen.2415

Oh dear AM exploiting yet again!

Are you can see the Guilds are:

[SC}
[DSW]
[WKS] Woidviertler Kampfsauna
[LC]
[EFS]
[AI]
[BS] Bane Sidhe
[EoM] Edge of Madness

But we’re used to a lot of AM cheating since back when we were on Gunnar’s Hold.

So it is an exploit setting up a catapult to take down walls? Or do I miss something in this picture?

I know there is this comment in the team chat that they are glitching, but as far as I can see, all they do is swim around in front of the walls and put a catapult where the water is shallow enough.

Also, you might want to watch your vocabulary. Servers don’t cheat, individuals do. The server as a whole can never be held responsible nor be accused of cheating as long as it does not support this behavior. The server who has cheaters on it is just as much a victim as its opponents. Also, the small group of people who cheated back in the days against Gunnar’s was found and kicked from the guild they were in. Obviously they behavior was not approved, so you might want to stop your infantile b…ickering about the past.

(edited by Genewen.2415)

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

Almost every server uses this kind of “tactic”. Arrow carts are always placed as close to the inner edge of a wall as possible(exceptions are arrow carts placed by new wvw players) and trebs or catapult are often placed close to the edge of a cliff to get the best range possible. Also i don’t think we should try to apply real life physics to the game;).

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Almost every server uses this kind of “tactic”. Arrow carts are always placed as close to the inner edge of a wall as possible(exceptions are arrow carts placed by new wvw players) and trebs or catapult are often placed close to the edge of a cliff to get the best range possible. Also i don’t think we should try to apply real life physics to the game;).

Those are smart things to do. Building a catapult on top of water because of what is seemingly a bug is a bit off though. There’s also been several attempts by people to bypass outer walls entirely by exploiting bugs. But that’s all part of the game until those things get fixed.

I’m not going to be abusing those things in name of fair game though because they are obviously not intentionally implemented into the game.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

in WvW

Genewen.2415

Those are smart things to do. Building a catapult on top of water because of what is seemingly a bug is a bit off though. There’s also been several attempts by people to bypass outer walls entirely by exploiting bugs. But that’s all part of the game until those things get fixed.

I’m not going to be abusing those things in name of fair game though because they are obviously not intentionally implemented into the game.

It is not built on water, but on a part of the ledge provided by the wall next to it. This is not some tiny pixel where you can barely stand on with the tip of your toe. Also, this place is very vulnerable to attacks. Nothing indicates that this is a bug.

Bypassing walls or gates is an entirely different matter, and I don’t think anyone will object to this being exploiting.

I will agree with Nauda that you should stop discussing realism in Guild Wars 2. Like he or she said, placement of catapults, trebs or ACs is already very unrealistic. Don’t even get me started on AC’s arrows not having LoS, ballistas with by design vertically unadjustable trajectory firing nearly straigth up- or downwards or placing of siege equipment on slopes.

in WvW

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

So you name 8 guilds and accuse the whole server of consisting of lots and lots of cheaters because someone placed a katapult where you didn’t want it to be placed? If just this katapult was the reason AM took a keep.. then they would also be able to take it with a kata placed on moon >.>

If it wouldn’t be so sad I would laugh for every time someone accuses an enemy for cheating because he just didn’t get how they did it. Be it Mesmers, sneak attacks, Zerg-rush or whatever..

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: Christian.2395

Christian.2395

Starfall, calm down. It’s KISS who blamed us again… Omnaris disqualified himself with this post. If he would have checked the place where the cata stood he may have checked that this is far from cheating. We can only hope that next time Omnaris or his mates from KISS will get banned in the forum for such unfounded accusations.

in WvW

Starfall.6425

I figured it was the guild that changes servers like underware.. and I’m calm ^^
But wait.. it wasn’t KISS.. we don’t want to get as low as Omnaris.. it was just Omnaris und noone else from Aurora.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: Beri.3156

Beri.3156

Yeah that cliff near wall is not bug or anything. I have used that cliff many times. Think it this way why there would be watergate if u can’t destroy it ?

Only thing on AM that is unfair is their bots. I have reported bots whenever i see them. I did that whit drakkars too. Well atleast we get free badges from bots =)

Awesome charr necro 66,000 kills
Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.9641

Shadow.9641

Had a nice evening yesterday, deffed AM Spawnturret on Jade-BL 4,5 hours, earned lots of bags und brought Jade´s Bay-Wall down with our Sniper-Trebs^^.
Finally Jade swapped over us with their wellknown Nightshift, but overall it was a funny evening.

Nice fights, mostly against Jade but few times also against some AG´s

Hope this weeks keeps going this way

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

in WvW

Tenshi.3598

Wonder at friday how every team will describe the opponents pretty hard to properly assess your own team.

And as it stands, next week rematch! Is Europe starting to settle down, or was it just a lull during the holidays?

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

It is not built on water, but on a part of the ledge provided by the wall next to it. This is not some tiny pixel where you can barely stand on with the tip of your toe. Also, this place is very vulnerable to attacks. Nothing indicates that this is a bug.

Bypassing walls or gates is an entirely different matter, and I don’t think anyone will object to this being exploiting.

I will agree with Nauda that you should stop discussing realism in Guild Wars 2. Like he or she said, placement of catapults, trebs or ACs is already very unrealistic. Don’t even get me started on AC’s arrows not having LoS, ballistas with by design vertically unadjustable trajectory firing nearly straigth up- or downwards or placing of siege equipment on slopes.

I did not see the picture in question. There is a spot where you can place it on top of water though which prevents melee attacks. Anyway I don’t think those things are too bad because they are in the game, but when you can bypass an outer wall entirely without using siege (or mesmer portals) then you have to start asking whether this is intended.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeddite.8620

Jeddite.8620

funny guy.

greetings from bane sidhe.

in WvW

kribre.9683

Great fights in AM border today!! Had loads of fun with my guildies hunting for the AM’s and JS. Fun fighting you [Army], even though you outmanned us 1 to 5? We managed to have some decent battles! Good times!

Tripilios

in WvW

Katsumoto.9452

Still one of the best WvW weeks ever. 2 days left and still anyone’s guess who’ll win. AG and AM separated by 1k pts and JS only 10k behind the lead. Bloody brilliant!

Also AM, I shall not be giving up Quentin Lake today :P

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Starfall.6425

Just one sentence:
It would be so much more fun if you would see the enemy/ally…

It sucks for all of us.. the zerg that knows another zerg is ahead mostly wins.. the zerg that noticises the enemy zerg when it is already inside the own one looses.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Shadow.9641

Imho most spectacolous week since headstart
Heroic battle against JS on AM BL, in the traingle Hill – Redwater – Redbriar over half an hour, nice action.

Culling is absolutely an handycap, as Starfall said, but had anyway – had a lot of fun once more.

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

(edited by Shadow.9641)

in WvW

Posted by: Danielapsama.1672

Danielapsama.1672

It indeed has been a great week, i love it when the scores are so closely matched.

I feel that AG are getting better every week. It makes my happy to be so close to beating AM after all those times we have lost badly to them. I hope we can keep it up!

But let’s not to forget about JS who out of the blue, went on a rampage on our borderlands last night! If you feel like doing that again, do it to AM next yeah? =D

Best week for WvW so far i think. Come one AG we can do it!

in WvW

Posted by: oellph.9450

oellph.9450

Great battles but the double teaming against AG was inevitable when JS were 10,000 points behind.

in WvW

Shadow.9641

As history told us hardly, Thursdays and Fridays are JS-Days, so fortify your positions .

Didn´t see any double-teaming against AG – but I was just on AM and JS BL this week.
When I saw a mass of AG´s they where mostly fighting JS´s – but as before, just my point of view

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

in WvW

Posted by: sephire.7296

sephire.7296

Some nice Fights so far.

Lowlands is always good for small Groups, 3 Way Fights that can turn in an instant and mostly pure fun, well up to the point when a big Zerg kills you but thats fine ^^

Also thx for some nice Fights at a The Noble Mesmer von TIME, was really a fun time up to the End when the Jadesee Zerg jumped from the Bridge on our Heads

Jathres BNF Char Ele

It’s you! I am The Noble Mesmer ( I cleanse the Isle of Death in the Borderlands of Thief-scum) ! Yes, those were some great fights. It was so funny before I first encountered you on the isle I met a hunter running the opposite way warning me not to go to the isle because of “a crazy Charr Ele killing everyone”. :P

Sephire Blackrose
- A crummy Mesmer on Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

I got to say. Nice work on JS defending the castle 3 hours ago. We failed to conquer it even after we reached the lord room.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Was a great fight last night at hills on AG BL when it was owned by JS.

AM were attacking the inner west gate at the same time as we, AG were attacking inner north gate. Most of us didnt know until both server broke in at the same time and ran into each other at the end of the bridge before the lord’s room.

I think at that time both groups just stopped for a fraction of a second and thought “What we gonna do?!” before balling and then aoe each other.

AM took hills, but we were still inside fighting and after a while we took it from them. It was an awesome fight!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: crawy.1074

crawy.1074

Cheers everyone! Great fights yesterday, I have made a video of it. Check it out.

Meydey – warrior || Xpoo – elementalist || Aliga Ponpon – mesmer
Aurora Glade
Crawy’s youtube channel

in WvW

Shadow.9641

Hehe Crawy … nice vid.
Specialy because we where there at AM´s Spawn (the first 5 min´s of the vid) … the Catas and the Ballist were ours
Me personaly was killed 5000 times (as it felt) but your action was good and we all had fun, that the way it should be

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

(edited by Shadow.9641)

in WvW

Posted by: OliverLogan.7145

OliverLogan.7145

Less than 3000 points separating all 3 worlds – remarkably close fight this week

Just over 22 hours remaining and it’s too close to call a winner! great stuff

Turning Dolyaks into [Slab of Red Meat] since 2012.

in WvW

Shadow.9641

Thanks to all the Guys and Girls from Abbaddon who helped us getting the Bay on JS BL, hopefully our boons and fortifications helped defending and it was held a long time.

Was also a nice move to claim the JS-Fortress and defending it with the spirit of “Never retreat”

Great evening for Abbaddon on JS BL, was a pleasure and we had a bunch of fun.

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

(edited by Shadow.9641)

in WvW

kribre.9683

The fight’s yesterday at AM borderland, I just got one word to describe them: EPIC!!!

Tripilios

in WvW

Posted by: egalon.1702

egalon.1702

Hey kirbre,
greetz from me to the guy from your guild I had spoke to in Lions Arch before Patch yesterday
Hm, seems like Aurora will win…. But wait till the end ;D

Egalon
[void] No Content
Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: LooNY.6481

LooNY.6481

The fight’s yesterday at AM borderland, I just got one word to describe them: EPIC!!!

To the things you did with us we germans says “Hintern versohlen”

Greetings

(edited by LooNY.6481)

in WvW

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

/wave @the Free and UA Group were some funny Fights against you on the AG Borderlands on the Isle and before our Spawntower

My Necro got really mad about the Stealth rezz’s ^^

Mfg Jathres BNF Char Ele

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

in WvW

Tenshi.3598

Thank you all for a fantastic match! Closest one I’ve seen so far.

I wish everyone another fun week on this rematch!

in WvW

Posted by: Churick.9354

Churick.9354

Awesome festive week. Thankyou all for the absoloute carnage. An amazing opportunity to battle test my new main, a warrior by teh name of Grimm Bane. Big ups to a particular engie from JS iirc. However I haz 2 words “Kraag Deadsoul”…nuff said. Not forgoing the stirling efforts from all the commanders on AG, Trip, Adda, Grekk, Elvik…to name a few. Forgive me if I’ve missed any You know who you are! I guess above all thx to our opposition, without whom this wouldnt have been possible. Kudos & For great justice !!

Feegz – Aurora Glade – Asura Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Churick.9354

Churick.9354

And KISS… ofc Argh almost forgot teh big deadguy…Juves. Only person that can type KILL THEM! While conducting a blood bath.

Feegz – Aurora Glade – Asura Engineer

(edited by Churick.9354)

in WvW

Posted by: JustT.7465

JustT.7465

Was great to see AG pip it at the end. It’s a massive step for us to win T5. We have develop an improved a great deal to beat the likes of AM & Jade so well done to all who took part.

Another week with these guys and I can already see AM want some payback for finishing 3rd.

gg all

JustTz
[FURY]

in WvW

Posted by: Hatchne.3104

Hatchne.3104

not sure if this thread also counts for the secound week of this matchup but this was an awesome fight for the JS center keep right now, thanks to the JS defenders that giving us such a hard time

in WvW

Starfall.6425

Seems like we keep this thread ^^
Good night ladies and gentlemen!

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

Loves the match last week and looking forward to what this week will bring us! Hopefully loads of good fights =D

VoTF