Auto Loot Dosen't work on death...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Look, I know I’ve been antagonistic in the past, but if you filter through, you will actually see helpful tips in here. Yes people are salty towards you. I don’t think you are surprised. But if you read through, there are no fewer than 4 tips that would help you if you choose to use them.

Gl.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

So….. Let me get this straight…..

You’re essentially running a PvE build, and not moving with the tag, laying there dead, and complaining about missing out on 3 spikes and blue shoulderpads?

+99

The majority of wvw rewards DO NOT come from bags but from reward tracks and now the pip rewards. 250 loot bags is still only ~12 gold.

Being too lazy to WP is a plague in both PvE and WvW. The useless carcass gets in the way of ressing people that are downed and also puts people who don’t know any better about ressing down vs defeated in danger of getting killed themselves. Therefore that behavior may be permitted, but certainly not encouraged. Rightfully so. People like that who try to justify that need to GTFO of the game, so tolerance is already beyond our responsibility.

so apparently nobody dies in wvw or zerg fights according to you, and certainly not players with offensive stats as opposed to defensive. The same offensive stats which causes this situation of bags to drop on the ground when you die, BEFORE you can access your map and way point.

So apparently the solution is to never die (not going to happen) or just run full nomads and stay on the tag…. got it.

Uhh, what I said has nothing to do about never dying.

People that die can wp asap and get their bags still….

Only people that lay dead after dying have this problem.

And yea, go full nomads and stay on tag if that works.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Looting itself is an action that under normal circumstances must be activated with the action key (F default). Just like anything else which used the action key such as ressing, stomping, repairing, building, or even equipping/manning a piece of siege you had to be alive or at the least not downed to complete it. This was because it’s part of the game’s mechanics for loot, so even if you can “auto” loot, you still can’t do it while dead.

Maybe in the future they can add something to put your mastery points in for zombie hoarder or something.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Would be nice if auto loot range was map wide, that way when you raise up you could just hit f and it would go into your inventory, that or just make it go into your inventory anyways even if you’re dead.

aka. “The Complainer”

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Look, I know I’ve been antagonistic in the past, but if you filter through, you will actually see helpful tips in here. Yes people are salty towards you. I don’t think you are surprised. But if you read through, there are no fewer than 4 tips that would help you if you choose to use them.

Gl.

No problem, I’m used to this. Sadly I’m actually already fully aware of literary every helpful bit of advice that’s been posted on here. I already know you can wp instantly, I already know staying dead isn’t helping, I already know to play tanker builds or stay on the tag. Most of the post I make are because I am aware of most variables surrounding something, and I simply want a net to change it. I tend to not post on subjects I am not familiar with.

Either way, thx for being nice and not calling me a pve noob or whatever other random insult that’s out there.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Gl.

No problem, I’m used to this. Sadly I’m actually already fully aware of literary every helpful bit of advice that’s been posted on here. I already know you can wp instantly, I already know staying dead isn’t helping, I already know to play tanker builds or stay on the tag. Most of the post I make are because I am aware of most variables surrounding something, and I simply want a net to change it. I tend to not post on subjects I am not familiar with.

Either way, thx for being nice and not calling me a pve noob or whatever other random insult that’s out there.

But they shouldn’t fix this. Your dead. Release and get bags dropping around you.

Yes, when you are on the other side of the map it stinks which is why most suggest finding a WvW guild to run with. They help with more than you think. Including dying to Rez you if needed…

Posted by: Novahh.7426

Novahh.7426

Don’t die lol it’s not hard hahaha

Guild Leader of The Legacy [OBEY]
Guardian – Legends Never [DIE]
Fort Aspenwood, WvW Rank: 2,675

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

We only got autoloot in wvw relatively recently, before that it was pretty haphazard picking up your bags.

Personally, I don’t think this is a thing that needs to be fixed. Dead people don’t loot in wvw, it’s been like that forever and that’s how it should stay.

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Doesn’t matter Anet doesn’t update anything in wvw anyways good suggestions or otherwise so who cares. Not to mention I have no idea why wvwers would object to an update to auto loot that would result in getting more loot. Especially when all wvwers complained about for years was no loot/rewards…. but whatever lol.

This is one of those suggestions, where if Anet just changed it so you got loot no matter what every wvw would say, “we like this” or “good job Anet more loot” but because I’m suggesting it, it’s an absolutely horrible idea, for some reason which nobody can figure out.

I mean at best it’s more loot, at worst it’s irrelevant, but you know keep up the good fight.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Doesn’t matter Anet doesn’t update anything in wvw anyways good suggestions or otherwise so who cares. Not to mention I have no idea why wvwers would object to an update to auto loot that would result in getting more loot. Especially when all wvwers complained about for years was no loot/rewards…. but whatever lol.

This is one of those suggestions, where if Anet just changed it so you got loot no matter what every wvw would say, “we like this” or “good job Anet more loot” but because I’m suggesting it, it’s an absolutely horrible idea, for some reason which nobody can figure out.

I mean at best it’s more loot, at worst it’s irrelevant, but you know keep up the good fight.

People object because it encourages people to lay dead on the ground instead of releasing and running back to the fight.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

People object because it encourages people to lay dead on the ground instead of releasing and running back to the fight.

right….. so loot auto going into your inventory = you are encouraged to stay dead? Im not seeing the connection. Seems completely unrelated to me.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

right….. so loot auto going into your inventory = you are encouraged to stay dead? Im not seeing the connection. Seems completely unrelated to me.

I can’t recall ever playing a game where, when you died (essentially when you failed in some way), you still automatically were given every bit of the loot you would have acquired if you stayed alive, contributed to the fight, got ressed by a comrade, or used other mechanics (like WP) to rejoin the battle. Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but shouldn’t death have a death penalty of some sort? It’s modest enough, with the mechanics in place, but should it be zero?

Yes, I do believe that such functionality would discourage active play. “I’m dead. I’ll just lie here and gather all my goodies while I go order a pizza. Doesn’t cost me a thing to be inactive — I’ll still get 100% of the loot either way.” Does that even make sense? Or am I misunderstanding the suggestion?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

but should it be zero?

Yes actually.

Or there’s no reason to stay alive or try.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I can’t recall ever playing a game where, when you died (essentially when you failed in some way), you still automatically were given every bit of the loot you would have acquired if you stayed alive, contributed to the fight, got ressed by a comrade, or used other mechanics (like WP) to rejoin the battle. Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but shouldn’t death have a death penalty of some sort? It’s modest enough, with the mechanics in place, but should it be zero?

Yes, I do believe that such functionality would discourage active play. “I’m dead. I’ll just lie here and gather all my goodies while I go order a pizza. Doesn’t cost me a thing to be inactive — I’ll still get 100% of the loot either way.” Does that even make sense? Or am I misunderstanding the suggestion?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Well its only the loot that you get from enemies that you tagged, before you died. Once you’re dead, you are no longer tagging enemies and then you wouldn’t get any more loot.

Its basically the bags that drop at your corpse while your zerg fights on and kills the enemy players you hit while you were alive and its the loot you would get from those enemies dying.

Currently the only way to get loot from tagged enemies is to waypoint back immediately (before those tagged enemies die) which then raises you and then enables auto loot to work again. Those enemies that you tagged that then die by the hands of your allies give you loot from the enemies you tagged into your inventory, as opposed to falling on the ground on your corpse if you had not raised.

Or the other method is to stay dead and hope that an ally raises you and then you can loot the bags that have dropped at your feet from the enemy players that you tagged before you died.

I’m suggesting that the loot that drops from enemies that you tagged before you died goes directly into your inventory automatically, without the need to teleport back immediately (so that you are raised and auto loot works again), or to lay there dead and hope that an ally raises you in the middle of a zerg vs zerg fight.

Currently I would think that if they really wanted to promote players to raise up immediately and not wait for a raise, that they would make it so that absolutely no loot drops after you are dead no matter what. And thus no bags would not appear on your corpse which tantalize you and cause you to linger in hope that a raise will come. nor would you feel the frustration of seeing bags on your corpse only to waypoint back and hit f and basically have auto loot be out of range (knowing that the loot was back on the ground where you were).

If the solution is to simply not die (in order to get your loot) then this promotes extremely defensive play and also favors those in nomads gear or players who stack vitality or toughness, as their ability to tag enemies is the same as offensive builds, and yet their survivability is much higher then offensive builds. I figured making it automatically go into your inventory would make build survivability a moot point and avoid the disappointment I outlined above.

aka. “The Complainer”

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

but should it be zero?

Yes actually.

That confuses me, Jayne. I’m suggesting that by staying alive you get more. That by dying, you have some degree of (potential) loss. So there is a reason to stay live, right? If by dying you get all the goods, why try to stay alive? Are we saying the same thing, but differently?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Ya I mean right? The downed state isn’t enough of a soft cap on death already that we need auto-loot while dead too? Is good to see someone at anet draw the line in the sand when it comes to introducing more hand-holding mechanics.

Jayne.9251

but should it be zero?

Yes actually.

That confuses me, Jayne. I’m suggesting that by staying alive you get more. That by dying, you have some degree of (potential) loss. So there is a reason to stay live, right? If by dying you get all the goods, why try to stay alive? Are we saying the same thing, but differently?

We are saying the same thing.

Except I’m suggesting you get zero if you die, as you mentioned.

Maaaaybe the off chance to loot if you hustle back to where you died, but on a decay timer.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Ya I mean right? The downed state isn’t enough of a soft cap on death already that we need auto-loot while dead too? Is good to see someone at anet draw the line in the sand when it comes to introducing more hand-holding mechanics.

Well, Justine, I have to mention I’m not really in a position to draw any sort of line in the sand, because I’m not a developer and I wouldn’t be making decisions on this sort of thing. But as a player I kept scratching my head at this thread until I decided to give a personal opinion on the matter.

From days of long ago — well, in a gaming sense, anyway — I came to expect a death penalty. I came to respect it. I treked across Dereth to retrieve my best item, when the #^$%^@)$ Lugians took it off my corpse and tossed it aside. I braved Diablo in the catacombs below Tristram to get back all the stuff that spilled out around me when that beastie bested me. To have essentially nothing bad happen — to get all the goods around me whether I live or die — just doesn’t make sense to me.

Maybe I RP it in my head. Kill monsters + live to tell about it = get rewards afterwards. Maybe I don’t see it as aggregate acquisitions while I’m fighting, but an end-combat reward, picking over the battleground after my victory? I don’t know, but it makes sense to me that I would potentially get less when I fail!

but should it be zero?

Yes actually.

We are saying the same thing.

Except I’m suggesting you get zero if you die, as you mentioned.

Maaaaybe the off chance to loot if you hustle back to where you died, but on a decay timer.

Ahh, good. I thought as much, but wanted to be sure.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I think there are two different things being discussed here, but first I want to state a fact for clarification, if you ‘tag’ someone (do damage to them during a fight) and they later die, you get ‘credit’ in the form of some WxP and maybe a loot bag. This happens wherever you are on the map at that time, dead or alive. If you ‘release’ immediately those bags pile up at your feet back at the way point.

The decision to ‘release’ or not is NOT trivial and very situation dependent. If the way point is close by then clearly you should release, but if you are deep in enemy territory and your allies could both win the local fight and use you in the next fight then you should wait.

The real question to me is what should the game do with drops while you are dead. I would vote they should get queued just like any chest reward does. You still get credit for anything that triggers a reward chest or WxP while being dead, why should you be denied your loot? What if you happen to be doing a fractal and die at the last moment before the boss dies and your party just leaves the fractal, should you then also be denied your loot?

At the minimum the decay time on the bags should be increased so you have a chance to run back and get them, but in general I vote against that approach. If you ‘earned’ loot, you should get it, not lose it because of some bad situation like my fractal example.

Posted by: recklessjive.7940

recklessjive.7940

Couldn’t agree with this more! Well spoken Gaile.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

From days of long ago — well, in a gaming sense, anyway — I came to expect a death penalty. I came to respect it. I treked across Dereth to retrieve my best item, when the #^$%^@)$ Lugians took it off my corpse and tossed it aside. I braved Diablo in the catacombs below Tristram to get back all the stuff that spilled out around me when that beastie bested me. To have essentially nothing bad happen — to get all the goods around me whether I live or die — just doesn’t make sense to me.

The request is in all likelihood a result of expectations created by the existence of auto-deposit of loot in the first place. If there were no auto-deposit, then there would not be an expectation of auto-deposit of loot after defeat from foes tagged prior to defeat. Given that we have auto-deposit, It might be more understandable if the game did not award loot at all if you are defeated prior to the defeat of foes you’ve tagged.

Games in general, and specifically MMO’s, have changed drastically from the old days. More and more, players demand convenience features. Developers give such features to them due to that demand, and because games which lack them are given a bad rep. The thing is, convenience is a Pandora’s box that’s hard to close. As more developers accede to demands for it, it becomes more of an expectation of the MMO player demographic.

As much as some of us may look back with nostalgia at corpse runs, the truth is that games no longer demand corpse runs because a lot more players were turned off by the process than liked it. The idea of casual resurrection at a spawn point is old hat to MMO players. From a different perspective, casual resurrection is no less hard to swallow than auto-deposit of loot continuing after defeat, especially in light of resurrection.

As to the motivational angle, I have a hard time swallowing the idea that someone actively engaging in a WvW fight is not motivated to stay alive. The path of least resistance may apply to different aspects of WvW play. However, once one makes the decision to try to defeat the other guys, the desire to win, which is as much a part of human nature as path-of-least-resistance thinking, is going to take precedence.

My first online game was Guild Wars. It had a pretty hefty death penalty, as you may recall. GW2’s death penalty is almost non-existent. I try as hard to win fights in GW2 as I ever did in GW. While I can only speak for myself, I’d bet that is the prevailing attitude.

Posted by: Jizmak.1489

Jizmak.1489

but should it be zero?

Yes actually.

I agree. Stop dying. Less rally bot = more loot.

Battle Commander – [JINX]

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

Delete this thread. just another thread where this particular OP asks for EZ mode handouts. Why should you be rewarded for dieing? so basically you want a participation award for losing.

“I died, pls anet reward me”

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)

Posted by: Jizmak.1489

Jizmak.1489

^

Again, agreed. This type of “cater to the baddies and casuals” is what is killing WvW. They must learn to stay alive or run your ass back,get off non WvW classes, get WvW gear, WvW builds, and get gud. Then you have taught them how to fix their own issue.

Battle Commander – [JINX]

Posted by: Dane.9480

Dane.9480

Respawn and run back does the trick , if you tagged someone and they die you get the ¤#!"¤¤¤§ loot …….

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Is this game not casual enough about death? How entitled and ridiculous can you be?
(These questions are rhetorical OP, it’s not up for debate).

Probably the most unnecessary discussion I’ve seen on these forums.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I think there are two different things being discussed here, but first I want to state a fact for clarification, if you ‘tag’ someone (do damage to them during a fight) and they later die, you get ‘credit’ in the form of some WxP and maybe a loot bag. This happens wherever you are on the map at that time, dead or alive. If you ‘release’ immediately those bags pile up at your feet back at the way point.

The decision to ‘release’ or not is NOT trivial and very situation dependent. If the way point is close by then clearly you should release, but if you are deep in enemy territory and your allies could both win the local fight and use you in the next fight then you should wait.

The real question to me is what should the game do with drops while you are dead. I would vote they should get queued just like any chest reward does. You still get credit for anything that triggers a reward chest or WxP while being dead, why should you be denied your loot? What if you happen to be doing a fractal and die at the last moment before the boss dies and your party just leaves the fractal, should you then also be denied your loot?

At the minimum the decay time on the bags should be increased so you have a chance to run back and get them, but in general I vote against that approach. If you ‘earned’ loot, you should get it, not lose it because of some bad situation like my fractal example.

Your fractal example dont apply here neither does it work like that in fractals. If in the frcatal ppl kick you then sure feelsbadman they were kittens what can you do. But in wvw no one can kick you out of the map its yor choice to stay there w8 to get ressed or wp and pick the loot. As for the decay of the maps i suppose thats also fine.

As for the frcatal (and raid) scenario i suggest that the game mails you the loot if in anycase you left the isntance without picking up the loot or you got dc’ed before killing the boss. So long as you took part on the bosses and did you respective part in the fight (so we dont get ppl tht hit the boss for 10 sec then leave the instance)

(edited by zealex.9410)

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I wasn’t talking about being kicked, but yes that would apply also. I meant you died and maybe they all left at the end and didn’t bother to rez you. My point was once the game allocates a loot bag to you, there shouldn’t be a case where you don’t or can’t get it.

zealex.9410

If you die and they all leave it acts like you re out of combats and resses you. And no there is a case the case of dying it doesnt matter that he died anyways later you died before that happens you get the reward of him droping loot but not the reward of autolooting it because you died…

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

To be fair you could respawn, sit at spawn and do exactly that.

The incentive to stay alive is to help your team win the fight. Frequently if I die in a large zerg fight I have 25 stacks back up before I’ve even left spawn. This is definitely another point against the current system for generating pips, but I suppose there are already 20~30 threads dedicated to that matter.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

(edited by Kovu.7560)

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Well its only the loot that you get from enemies that you tagged, before you died. Once you’re dead, you are no longer tagging enemies and then you wouldn’t get any more loot.

Its basically the bags that drop at your corpse while your zerg fights on and kills the enemy players you hit while you were alive and its the loot you would get from those enemies dying.

Currently the only way to get loot from tagged enemies is to waypoint back immediately (before those tagged enemies die) which then raises you and then enables auto loot to work again. Those enemies that you tagged that then die by the hands of your allies give you loot from the enemies you tagged into your inventory, as opposed to falling on the ground on your corpse if you had not raised.

Or the other method is to stay dead and hope that an ally raises you and then you can loot the bags that have dropped at your feet from the enemy players that you tagged before you died.

I’m suggesting that the loot that drops from enemies that you tagged before you died goes directly into your inventory automatically, without the need to teleport back immediately (so that you are raised and auto loot works again), or to lay there dead and hope that an ally raises you in the middle of a zerg vs zerg fight.

Currently I would think that if they really wanted to promote players to raise up immediately and not wait for a raise, that they would make it so that absolutely no loot drops after you are dead no matter what. And thus no bags would not appear on your corpse which tantalize you and cause you to linger in hope that a raise will come. nor would you feel the frustration of seeing bags on your corpse only to waypoint back and hit f and basically have auto loot be out of range (knowing that the loot was back on the ground where you were).

If the solution is to simply not die (in order to get your loot) then this promotes extremely defensive play and also favors those in nomads gear or players who stack vitality or toughness, as their ability to tag enemies is the same as offensive builds, and yet their survivability is much higher then offensive builds. I figured making it automatically go into your inventory would make build survivability a moot point and avoid the disappointment I outlined above.

why is everyone acting like this is invisible? I pretty much summed it up…

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Rubenildo.6209

Rubenildo.6209

I really do not see any problem with autoloot. If you die go to the wp and come back to get the loot. easy. It’s working as it should.

zealex.9410

Because this has been the case that the loot works like that and we didnt have had any real defensive play come out of it. The way it works rn it doesnt do any bad to the game. You are advised to not die if you die that means you overextended or didnt play skillfully and this is a punishement for that. Loot that you would pick up from your tagg stick drops down you have now the choice do you sit a w8 for a little while to get ressed or you wp. I dont see anything gamebreaking with this for the last 2 years. U should get punished when you fail. And this is a fair punishement (no loot lost, just the shame walk to get back to it). Removeing all loot droped from tagged enemies would be too punishing so ye i believe this is a fine ground and not everything in an mmo should go our way.

(edited by zealex.9410)

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Do you get loots when dead in pve? No, right? If so, why you expect to be in WvW?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Jayne.9251

Because at this point I don’t believe he’s being sincere.

Mags would be impressed.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

You reiterated your point as though we don’t understand what it is.

But we do understand what it is. We just disagree with you

Also 6-7 paragraphs of text isn’t really a summation.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

I think the only point you proved is that if you play well, you don’t die as often, and get more loot. Why reward failure?

Maybe play as Ranger? You can rez yourself faster with your pet.

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

lol… can’t rez yourself if you’re dead…

… just call me … Tim :)

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

That’s why you do it before you die. Pets are overpowered.

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

That’s why you do it before you die. Pets are overpowered.

Pets OP? lol. I run Ranger/Druid. Pets can be handy but in a big battle they’re pretty much useless. I get attacked by someones pet and barely notice it.

… just call me … Tim :)

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

This is going to be an unchanged core game play mechanic. I am afraid there is little hope for the OP beyond accepting that in this Lewt Wars 2 the penalty is decreasing lewt acquisition. Even if the way it is implemented is janky (as mentioned by bags continue to appear at your corpse), I can’t vouch for removing some minor form of death penalty. Everyone in this thread is already aware of how to reduce this janky effect. So do that in the meantime, and let ANET contemplate this topic (or not).

Or amuse me with more troll stuff. Idc. Minipet kittens for all that matters here.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

so then the moral is to just take a bunch of defensive stats, and tag things and then escape. 100% don’t play risky and definitely always have tons of vit + tough. Ok got it. Also whether or not its feasible for them to change it is a different subject.

The issue itself is minor and it is annoying which is why i made the post. Whether they change it matters little to me, my points do make sense however, and are valid, as I addressed every variable or argument that was brought up.

whats interesting is that it actually requires more lines of code to make it so that drops appear on the ground when you are dead rather then it always just going into your inventory, since this is a deliberately coded mechanic. It’s short sided however, given the update to auto loot in wvw, which gives you the loot from tagged enemies even if they are on the other side of the map as long as you raise up instantly.

In addition, the examples I gave were filled with thoughtful logic all of which are sound, all of which nobody has addressed other then by saying, “we disagree with you” or “get good.”

This issue affects everyone, unless you either 1 never zerg vs zerg or as I outlined above bring tons of tanky stats and play super defensively with lots of stealth + escapes. (thus penalizing in essence those who don’t play that way). Seems like a strong case to never run anything more offensive then celestial so that we can all “get good” since vit + tough is supplemental to actual skill.

aka. “The Complainer”

Jayne.9251

so then the moral is to just take a bunch of defensive stats, and tag things and then escape. 100% don’t play risky and definitely always have tons of vit + tough. Ok got it. Also whether or not its feasible for them to change it is a different subject.

The issue is minor and it is annoying whether they change it matters little to me, my points do make sense however, and are valid, as I addressed every variable or argument that was brought up.

whats interesting is that it actually requires more lines of code to make it so that drops appear on the ground when you are dead rather then it always just going into your inventory, since this is a deliberately coded mechanic. It’s short sided however, given the update to auto loot in wvw, which gives you the loot from tagged enemies even if they are on the other side of the map as long as you raise up instantly.

In addition, the examples I gave were filled with thoughtful logic all of which are sound, all of which nobody has addressed other then by saying, “we disagree with you” or “get good.”

This issue affects everyone, unless you either 1 never zerg vs zerg or as I outlined above bring tons of tanky stats and play super defensively with lots of stealth + escapes. (thus penalizing in essence those who don’t play that way). Seems like a strong case to never run anything more offensive then celestial so that we can all “get good” since vit + tough is supplemental to actual skill.

Do you get loot or any reward if you die in pve?

This is why I think you’re being insincere and just arguing for attention now.

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

The issue is minor and it is annoying whether they change it matters little to me, my points do make sense however, and are valid, as I addressed every variable or argument that was brought up.

Do you get loot or any reward if you die in pve?

This is why I think you’re being insincere and just arguing for attention now.

The answer is technically yes as long as you way point instantly. They changed the mechanics of loot with auto loot which didn’t exist before hot, why not update this side of it as well and have it affect all game modes? Since you do get loot “when you die” as long as you way point up instantly any mobs that you tagged when you were alive, that your allies then killed that drop loot; all of that loot goes directly into your inventory from across the map as long as you raise up instantly.

technically you even get loot when “you die” if others kill mobs you tagged and you don’t raise up the loot just lands at your feet and you can run back and get it, so yes “you do get loot when you die” in both pve and wvw as long as you have allies.

all of this is gimicky and a chore – run back and get your bags/quick raise up quick to get your loot, why not simplify it?

to address your point the only time you “dont get loot” for dying is if you tag nothing and then die, or if you tag enemies then die and your allies fail to kill what you tagged.

aka. “The Complainer”

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

This is going to be an unchanged core game play mechanic. I am afraid there is little hope for the OP beyond accepting that in this Lewt Wars 2 the penalty is decreasing lewt acquisition. Even if the way it is implemented is janky (as mentioned by bags continue to appear at your corpse), I can’t vouch for removing some minor form of death penalty. Everyone in this thread is already aware of how to reduce this janky effect. So do that in the meantime, and let ANET contemplate this topic (or not).

Or amuse me with more troll stuff. Idc. Minipet kittens for all that matters here.

and yes it is janky and annoying thats why I made this post… But if people want to keep saying to me get good or we love the way it currently is, its absurd.

it is kind of amazing that no matter what suggestions are posted on wvw forums small or large, they are shot down by everyone no matter what they are. At least thats how it seems to be from my point of view.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

You might get more traction if you posted about stuff that was sensible/worthwhile but you mainly post to argue about something that is trivial at best…and make our eyes bleed cos you never let it rest.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

If you care about maximizing your personal loot, and not winning fights, sure. But it’s more like if you can’t contribute to the fight in offensive stats, then don’t use them.

There have been a number of fights where I died (for shame!) but the group won the fight, and I still got most of the bags since I respawned immediately.

All that angst over a few spikes and a dozen HL bags.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

The answer is technically yes as long as you way point instantly. They changed the mechanics of loot with auto loot which didn’t exist before hot, why not update this side of it as well and have it affect all game modes? Since you do get loot “when you die” as long as you way point up instantly any mobs that you tagged when you were alive, that your allies then killed that drop loot; all of that loot goes directly into your inventory from across the map as long as you raise up instantly.

technically you even get loot when “you die” if others kill mobs you tagged and you don’t raise up the loot just lands at your feet and you can run back and get it, so yes “you do get loot when you die” in both pve and wvw as long as you have allies.

all of this is gimicky and a chore – run back and get your bags/quick raise up quick to get your loot, why not simplify it?

to address your point the only time you “dont get loot” for dying is if you tag nothing and then die, or if you tag enemies then die and your allies fail to kill what you tagged.

So…. as long as you waypoint when you die, and don’t lay there dead, you get your loot? Which is exactly the same as it is in WvW. At this point, you’re really coming off as complaining just for the sake of complaining. You don’t get loot for laying dead on the ground. Not in PvE nor in WvW. Suck it up and respawn.

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

You might get more traction if you posted about stuff that was sensible/worthwhile but you mainly post to argue about something that is trivial at best…and make our eyes bleed cos you never let it rest.

Truth.

Also from all of his examples the OP just sounds like he dies at the start of every battle that his team wins…who really dies that much in winning situations?

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass