Auto Upgrades is Killing the game

in WvW

Posted by: Noob.5908

Noob.5908

This is why auto upgrades is killing the game not to mention it kills the ability to socialize on our one third because no one is there, because there is nothing to do.

The automatic upgrades are fantastic. Anytime my server faces other servers of lower ranking, we can just flip their border and leave it entirely and it’ll be T3 in no time. It’ll be funny watching the one or two scouts they have trying to keep camps flipped to prevent the auto-upgrades.

Another great thing is, we don’t really need scouts either. It takes those lower rank servers with their small groups so long to get through our T3 walls on their border that even if they make it to lord we can wp in anytime we want and snuff them out. Even if we die, just instantly respawn right next to lord, lol. It’s hilarious.

Then again if they did manage to flip it and somehow upgrade it to T3, it takes our zerg less than 6 minutes from outer gate to ring up (I’ve timed it), whereas their small groups grow white beards by the time they see a glimpse of the lord room. So no big.

Please don’t change a thing; we don’t want to have to leave people behind from our karmatrain to actually scout, siege, and guard those keeps. This is working as intended.

(edited by Noob.5908)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Surely sucked a lot of fun out this game for me and my fellow roamers.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

I know this may sound sad, but I’d rather be running around launching upgrades than standing around waiting for a fight to appear.
I’ve bumped into more people to fight while running upgrades than I have by running to the nearest crossed swords…

in WvW

Offair.2563

I know this may sound sad, but I’d rather be running around launching upgrades than standing around waiting for a fight to appear.
I’ve bumped into more people to fight while running upgrades than I have by running to the nearest crossed swords…

Manual upgrades is what causes lots of fights. Fights over camps you would like to keep cause the dolyaks were important to upgrade etc. All gone with this auto kitten

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Offair.2563

Manual upgrades is what causes lots of fights. Fights over camps you would like to keep cause the dolyaks were important to upgrade etc. All gone with this auto kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

The main problem with these maps I think is that it take too long to run into player’s
Maybe if they make a stackable +50% speed buff out of combat with 2min Cd
Since combat against players is what it takes to save it.

in WvW

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Some ppl should less insist that :

‘’we must create megazergs , because they maps are too huge , and 1/3 of the population dont socialize because they are split’’
(Increase the incentive for PvE players to join WvWvW , just like the Jumpling Puzzle + Vistas for the 100% Completition n the past )

and listen to the other ppl opinion , that ‘’roamers can have 2 jobs : a) scouting , b) seek 1v1 fights with the ppl that protects the dolyaks’’
and
‘’not the server with the biggest zerg can win like in the past , but instead 8 single roamers can do so much damage in every map’’
and
‘’even in the lower WvWvW servers , the efford needed to pay some silver and fully Upgrade a Building , compared to gather 2 random more ppl and have a stalement or getting killed from a single untargetable Arrow Cart , its unbalanced ’’

And stop using that 1 month account …. that really starts kittening off some ppl …..

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in WvW

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

I think it is overly dramatic, not to say untrue, that auto upgrades are killing WvW, but I will admit that running long distances up and down hills, through fog and lava, and attacking undefended T3 structures for PPT (so we don’t lose server ranking you know) on an empty map is not any fun at all. Even the climatic PvE boss fight at the end for a champ bag just doesn’t fulfill me somehow. Defending these T3 structures is just as boring, but not as rewarding since you don’t even get the champ bag. The mere presence of even a few defenders is sufficient to convince an attacking force several times their number to just go elsewhere. Maybe I should be content just harvesting the nodes.

in WvW

Posted by: DanielHarvey.7320

DanielHarvey.7320

You guys realize that they are changing it in the beggining of January to be not auto but based on the number of dolyaks making it into the structure? This is changing, it’s not for much more than a week or two at most left.

in WvW

Posted by: MoonT.6845

MoonT.6845

You guys realize that they are changing it in the beggining of January to be not auto but based on the number of dolyaks making it into the structure? This is changing, it’s not for much more than a week or two at most left.

Auto upgrade is not being disabled the dollies still run automatically, it’s just the timed upgrade being disabled. What we need is somebody to launch each tier of upgrade manually, that is stopping auto upgrade.

Very few roamers are going to sit up all night killing dollies and flipping camps to prevent their border turning to a T3 home away from home for the server with the biggest night crew. So just removing the timer will NOT stop the madness of waking up to a fully upgraded enemy occupation of your borderland.

If an enemy wants a T3 tower / keep on your border, make them work for it, not just get given it due to higher off peak numbers.

in WvW

Offair.2563

Auto upgrade is not being disabled the dollies still run automatically, it’s just the timed upgrade being disabled. What we need is somebody to launch each tier of upgrade manually, that is stopping auto upgrade.

Very few roamers are going to sit up all night killing dollies and flipping camps to prevent their border turning to a T3 home away from home for the server with the biggest night crew. So just removing the timer will NOT stop the madness of waking up to a fully upgraded enemy occupation of your borderland.

If an enemy wants a T3 tower / keep on your border, make them work for it, not just get given it due to higher off peak numbers.

Very well said. +1. Make em work for it if they want to have stuff upgraded, created LOADS of fights when it was still manual.

No pain, no gain. Easy like that.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Where in Gailes post does it say January? I read early 2016 which could mean any time in the 1st quarter. That’s up to 3 months before a possible release of these changes.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

Thew new BL map designs were pretty much the worst thing they could have done for WvW. Most of the guilds that are dedicated to WvW want to go to EBG because it is the only map that still supplies the types of interactions that they are looking for. At a time when WvW was fading a bit, especially in the lower tiers, they added these larger BL maps with more complex paths that now more closely resemble an empty maze than a WvW borderland.

Thats great that it gets, maybe a handful more PvE people into the map, but the lifeblood that was keeping WvW going were the WvW guilds, and every change made seems to just fly in the face of what those people are looking for.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

kitten and stop whining. They’re fixing it

in WvW

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

@Dragonfeu : read more carefully :

Objectives upgrades will no longer be automatic based on time. They will upgrade based on dolyaks that reach them.

doesn’t mean upgrades will have to be launched manually.

in WvW

Posted by: salarasul.4190

salarasul.4190

auto upgrade will be disabled, you got to read the post they made a week ago. there they state that upgrading will only happen if dolyaks reach their destination.

in WvW

Posted by: Zen Later.6475

Zen Later.6475

auto upgrade will be disabled, you got to read the post they made a week ago. there they state that upgrading will only happen if dolyaks reach their destination.

Did read it.

It’s an attempted save face move. Auto upgrades still run, now based on doly supply. You still can’t manually trigger the upgrade. That’s the only change.

There was nothing wrong with the old system, save for the gold cost, which was back when the game had a couple of money syncs (economy) and to ‘discourage’ trolling/spies/ebil quaggans.

I’m thinking some of the other new changes coming will be a helicoptor gunship at a 10 kill streak and orbital strike at 20! Think of how awesome it will fit in with the banners and auras and traps and fields and all the other fun power ups that have been added!

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Auto-upgrades are crap even up here in T1. Let’s see, we have massive no-lifer numbers + keeps being defensible to the point where you may as well not even try + silly, unneeded crap like shield generators (and I’m talking 3-4 at each gate, in every structure) and why even bother? It’s a one-sided experience, for the most part. I don’t even want to know what it’s like in the lower tiers, but it can’t be any better. Letting us delay them with yaks is a step in the right direction. I can kill yaks, because that blob can’t be everywhere all the time :>

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Auto-upgrades are crap even up here in T1. Let’s see, we have massive no-lifer numbers + keeps being defensible to the point where you may as well not even try + silly, unneeded crap like shield generators (and I’m talking 3-4 at each gate, in every structure) and why even bother? It’s a one-sided experience, for the most part. I don’t even want to know what it’s like in the lower tiers, but it can’t be any better. Letting us delay them with yaks is a step in the right direction. I can kill yaks, because that blob can’t be everywhere all the time :>

True, but sometimes you really wonder how narrowminded a zerg can get when it comes to trying to cap a keep.

Yesterday we had a situation where around 30 people tried to get into hills. We where maybe 6-8 defending. Since they had a real zerg (ie frontline/backline) we couldnt even approach the walls, take one step and loose 80% of your HP in 1 second and trying to get their guardians and warriors off the rams was like trying to move a skyscraper with your hands. They took up spot on north inner and started bashing away… for like forever. We built a cata inside of course, delayed them alot. Not to mention repair the gate.

But guess what? The south inner gate was totally undefended and already half broken, lol.

They could have sent 10 peeps there with a single ram (we didnt even have a scout on south inner).

But nooooooo… Lets just monoblob and stare at this gate for 20 minutes instead of crushing the enemy between a small group and a slightly smaller monoblob.

Then of course they failed on Lords because well, ACing the spot they tried to portal bomb ftw, lol. Seriously, who try to portalbomb in the center of the lord room? They could have just come from the side and rolled us up!

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Its a step in the right direction but they could easily make it manual again and just leave off the gold cost so it just takes supply. Which is the fix that WvW players want. Like many have already mentioned, if servers wants tier 3 structures on another servers BL they need to work for them.

Something a little off topic, the desert BLs are so empty that I have taken tier 3 towers by myself on my own BL and the enemy BLs. Built a cata and took out a wall and then soloed the champ inside. It takes about 20-30min running and getting supply and then attacking the tower with out any cata mastery. I don’t even try to hide the cata, I place it as close as I can to wall to spam 1 as fast as possible and as close to the camp for shorter running. I am on Yaks Bend in tier 1. I only play when I get home from work at 6-10:00 PST or on weekends. Anyone who says WvW isn’t hurting since HoT doesn’t know what they are talking about.

in WvW

Offair.2563

I dont consider the upcoming upgrade change as a step in the right direction. It is more a step out of the wrong direction and still not enough. If only they put in some player interaction to turn on next tier of upgrade, then i will call it a step in the right direction.