Autoloot= finally positive cash flow!

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

As an ele I tend to be moving about a LOT, so until autoloot came in I didn’t realise just how many drops I was missing out on. Together with finally getting reward tracks (hooray!!) I am now actually covering the costs on my consumables (sorry, level 70 ones are not good enough) and making a small amount of gold from wvw- the 2 gold for completing the daily really helps too.

Thanks for finally bringing this welcome change in. Looking forward to when we revert to the old maps so I feel there is less running around and up and down and more action. Remember, biggest drawback in another MMO was the sheer size meant that returning to the action took way too long, breaking the immersion.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Normal people spammed the loot button every second anyway, the gains is really the daily and reward tracks.

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

Normal people spammed the loot button every second anyway, the gains is really the daily and reward tracks.

Can’t count the times I had a random banner in my hands

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Hey loot is loot, if I took it its mine.

in WvW

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Keybind AoE Loot and this don’t happen. ;-)

in WvW

Aezyr.5304

No need anymore ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Yeah, but you are telling me you are happy to have to have 2 Masteries to do this with? Why wasn’t auto-loot already working from the Mastery that was added. Why was a separate WvW track added for this? Call a spade a spade, this was a cope out. We do need more options to use WvW ranks for, but this should already have worked and now adds some ill will versus good will.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

If it were based on the Central Tyria mastery, it would be a greater hassle for WvW players who do not want to grind out the xp for it.

It is much easier to farm 20 wvw ranks doing actual WvW, then to find those awful, awful CT mastery points AND grind xp. The later is absolutely not fun at all. I pretty much left those masteries for dead once I got autoloot

Plus there’s quite a few wvw’ers that could get it instantly as well.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

No need anymore ;-)

Yeah, and it is so much better. :-)
TY Anet

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I still keep on spamming my area loot button without realising, it’s going to take some time to get used to this. Great change tho!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Yeah, but you are telling me you are happy to have to have 2 Masteries to do this with? Why wasn’t auto-loot already working from the Mastery that was added. Why was a separate WvW track added for this? Call a spade a spade, this was a cope out. We do need more options to use WvW ranks for, but this should already have worked and now adds some ill will versus good will.

Yes, I am happy it’s a WvW mastery.

I spent a day in HoT on launch and can’t stand those zones and PvE.

This way I was able to instantly get the mastery for the game mode I play from the game mode I play, without having to go into the awful PvE I don’t like.

Just like others will be able to.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

If it were based on the Central Tyria mastery, it would be a greater hassle for WvW players who do not want to grind out the xp for it.

It is much easier to farm 20 wvw ranks doing actual WvW, then to find those awful, awful CT mastery points AND grind xp. The later is absolutely not fun at all. I pretty much left those masteries for dead once I got autoloot

Wvw reward chest gives +50% exp. 12 defense events and Teq with the exp boost maxes all masteries in a few days.

The bigger issue is getting the mastery points unless you could get some from wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Wasn’t that easy to spam F when as an ele I’m actually using skills and not just spamming ‘1’..as well as moving around the map a lot and jumping from spot to spot.

But yep, I’m not ‘normal’. Never have been:-)

It’s been especially nice in losing fights (you know, when you take on 3-4 times your number), where otherwise might miss out on quite a few bags, autoloot means not having to stare at that chest and wonder if that was the one that finally dropped a pre (or even an ascended item…).

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: The Ventari Ele.5812

The Ventari Ele.5812

It’s only positive now cos you are picking up all the bags you missed in the last 4 years!

Imagine how much WvW players have lost because they couldnt pick up all their loot.

This WvW autoloot mastery should be available to all players, even those who have not bought HoT.

We’ll release SAB, everybody loves SAB they wont notice the lack of other updates!

in WvW

Aezyr.5304

take your rant somewhere else

k thx bye

in WvW

TheGrimm.5624

take your rant somewhere else

k thx bye

Ah, no.

I support them where they deserve, defend at times when needed and people may not be looking at both sides, but this is one where they didn’t deserve. There was an auto-loot in options for years. It didn’t actually auto-loot. Its should have. On top of that they had people grind out the masteries, since we were given auto-loot, and then it still didn’t auto-loot in WvW. Happy people are happy but, call it a bug fix versus saying its a new feature masked by having to spend WvW ranks on it since that is what it is.

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I wonder if theres any statistics of how many precursors players have missed over the years.. would I wanna know that?

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

It’s only positive now cos you are picking up all the bags you missed in the last 4 years!

Imagine how much WvW players have lost because they couldnt pick up all their loot.

This WvW autoloot mastery should be available to all players, even those who have not bought HoT.

Or its a perfect incentive to actually get people to buy HoT. Call it money grubbing all you want but there are bad ways to do this and there are good ways to do this. Anets way is good. Its a pure incentive that doesnt kitten the “normal” way to loot in any way or form. We’ve used that for 4 years and most WvWers will probably still spam the loot button even if they have autoloot. Loosing bags was a thing true, but the amount was miniscule compared to what you picked up.

TL;DR people need to get with the program and buy HoT.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Wvw reward chest gives +50% exp. 12 defense events and Teq with the exp boost maxes all masteries in a few days.

The bigger issue is getting the mastery points unless you could get some from wvw.

Which would be by and large, a waste of time, even excluding the mastery points. I will probably never do teq again. =p (Have 3 Sunless weapons under my name) I am aware that the mastery points are the harder part, and the combination of both may make it annoying.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Normal people spammed the loot button every second anyway, snip.

That’s me in a nutshell i am still doing it.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Now if they’d fix the “something is missing exclamation point” to let you know which toons you haven’t applied the mastery to instead of exclamation on everyone.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

TheGrimm.5624

I wonder if theres any statistics of how many precursors players have missed over the years.. would I wanna know that?

lol, this is one of those that should never be known for one’s own sanity.

in WvW

Posted by: LoL NooBs.5076

LoL NooBs.5076

Really, a feature long overdue finally added, and ofc only in HoT. Whether “Press F to pick up loot” or “Auto-put loot directly in inventory” seems like one line of programming code to rewrite. Obviously they deliberately held off on doing this unless it become really necessary. Until now. Makes you wonder how HoT sales figures must look that they decided to “go out of their way” and put this in for players.

Personally, I’m so used to ANet’s kitten-click requirements, I barely care about the in/convenience. But this is yet another HoT marketing move so low & dirty you can’t ignore it.

According to my immature name I seem not a big loss for the community.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

I love it aswell! a real good step in right direction from Anet .)

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.