BBC write a non-story about 1 hacker

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32654414

That’s right, anet apparently remove one hacker, one single hacker, who has been disrupting things, most likely for a certain t1 server, and the BBC write a non-story about it!

Seriously if the BBC wanted to write a real story they should come to this forum!

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

This post like the several before it will be closed, deleted, removed.

And that’s sad considering the original topic had many questions that went unanswered.

Now, i get Chris may be extremely busy following up after that action. However, instead of taking joy in doing that he should probably be assuring the community that as the Lead of Security, he’s looking into the how and why players are able to hack functions of his game and actually fix them.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Lol, close this thread. There was no evidence what so ever that an Anet employee had anything to do with what they are claiming that character did.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Lol, close this thread. There was no evidence what so ever that an Anet employee had anything to do with what they are claiming that character did.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Blacktide-Thief-Hacker-Strikes-again-part-10/first#post5033684

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Blacktide-Thief-Hacker-Strikes-again-part-10/first#post5033684

Yes, he was banned. So what?

That does not even remotely suggest there was some demoralizing theatrics by some Anet employee as that story suggest.

Unless you have conclusive evidence an Anet employee did all that in which the story claims, your links literally means nothing to the stories theatrically claims,

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Unless you have conclusive evidence an Anet employee did all that in which the story claims, your links literally means nothing to the stories theatrically claims,

I know right, they make it sound like there was just the one hacker in the game :P

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Did you even read the post he linked?

Could you white-knight any harder if you tried?

When ANet themselves say “yes, we did this” and you still say “nope, no evidence”, who are you even arguing for any more?

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

This story has also now been regurgitated on several gaming publication websites, ripping off the BBC article almost word-for-word (looking at you, PC Mag and PC Gamer). It’s getting a lot of attention.

Also, what on earth is wrong with the people in this thread who are claiming Anet had nothing to do with this? Chris Cleary, game security lead, actually posted the link to the youtube video himself and then said “oh yah, he’s banned.” Go read the thread, there’s no way you can possibly white knight your way through this.

edit: and yes, although I don’t really like the term “white knight” as it’s usually used, when you’re defending someone or something against cold hard facts that are right here in front of you, I think it’s appropriate.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Oh official forums you never fail me, don’t ever change

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Every time a news article is written about a topic which you have more knowledge about than the reporters, they always make lots of mistakes — often major ones.

So how much can you trust reporting when it’s on topics you don’t know much about?

In any case, it took “hacker part 10” before something was done about the hacker. That’s the real story.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

When ANet themselves say “yes, we did this” and you still say “nope, no evidence”, who are you even arguing for any more?

White knight, what? Who the kitten cares if anet did this? If they did I applaud them, guys like DarkSide are scum.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Chris Cleary… I’d hire him.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Typical BBC news reporting on technology. Just a “this happened” followed by the faint meh of no-one caring.

Also that justice part was totally me =D

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

The sky is always blue.
‘What about that cloud’?
The sky is always blue, apart form that cloud.
‘What about those clouds?’
The sky is always blue except for those clouds.
‘What about when it;s raining and I see no blue sky?’
The sky is always blue, the clouds don’t alter this fact in any way, shape or form.

Hi Ho Silver, away!

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

It is hard to ban hackers in gw2 and most mmos because they don’t have any anti-hack system. FPS games like battlefield 4 have 2 anti-cheater system and people still find ways to bypass them.

The only way people get banned here is if they start abusing speed+fly hack and either get seen by a GM or recorded on video by several players… There are stuff like ESP hacks that let you see players through walls/objects/stealth, radars, that will never get detected without a good anti-cheat system.

The good thing is that with the exception of fly+speed, all the other hacks that are harder to detect are not a big deal on gw2. Unlike fps where a single cheater can kill an entire 64men team.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

1- No reason to strip him naked (the act of a child).
2- No reason to make the char jump to it’s death (the act of the same child who thinks he’s cool).
3- No reason to show us the character being deleted.

The fact he said “oh yeah and we banned him” seemed like an after tought that was never his original intention.

Good job on making yourself seem like a childish human being when you should be acting like an adult without even a word of him being banned, the fact he has gone is enough, we don’t need to know what you did.

This just proves my point that Anet really have no respect for it’s player base in it’s behaviour towards the good and the bad.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Gromit take your head out of your butt

9 Guardians later…

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

2- No reason to make the char jump to it’s death (the act of the same child who thinks he’s cool).

The fact he said “oh yeah and we banned him” seemed like an after tought that was never his original intention.

Good job on making yourself seem like a childish human being when you should be acting like an adult without even a word of him being banned, the fact he has gone is enough, we don’t need to know what you did.

This just proves my point that Anet really have no respect for it’s player base in it’s behaviour towards the good and the bad.

Wait. Your defending the hacker?

Now your portraying the hacker as the good guy here and the dev who banned the account is the bas guy?

Please by all means, quote that fact in a dev post.

All any dev post I am seeing has, is a video of that happening to a character. The only thing they actually say is:

“Here is a video of before the account was banned, and yes we banned this and other accounts”

At no point do I see them officially stating the are the ones controlling another players account to make the video.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

in WvW

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

LMAO. Wow, are you actually being serious? I don’t even know where to begin. Childish human being? Did you even read your own post? Unless you’re being triggered (go to tumblr pls), I think you’re overthinking this and blowing it out of proportion.

in WvW

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Public humiliation is one way to prevent people from doing bad things. I think Chris Cleary is a hero. I wish we had videos like this for every hacker who gets banned so we can watch them, celebrate, and wait for them to come back on their new $10 account.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Guys, don’t you get it, the real offender here is the callous employee who childishly shamed the person who used illicit methods to achieve an advantage in the game, ruining it for hundreds of people on a routine basis. Why don’t you feel sympathy for the cheater you monsters

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari