BG all transferred to Maguuma?

in WvW

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Q:

I was told on TeamSpeak that BlackGate all transferred to Maguuma. But when I try to transfer to BlackGate, it’s still full. Does the server take a while before the free slots open to the public?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

A:

The devs clearly stated the BG has less players than JQ and many of the linked worlds. Just because they have done well doesn’t mean players need to suffer from burn out to compete, and it also doesn’t mean that players don’t quit playing either… It’s kind of foolish to think that any server needs to be forever locked out regardless of ranking or performance.

BG’s all map queues vs our 2 on reset night last week tell a different story.

From McKenna Berdrow…

Blackgate and Jade Quarry both opened because they were below the population cap. Blackgate currently has a smaller population than Jade Quarry and some of the combined linked worlds populations (combined linked worlds population example being Crystal Desert + Darkhaven + Devona’s Rest combined has a higher population than Blackgate). With all that being said, we do keep track of the transfers that happen. Since we have been seeing an increase in transfer behavior with the past 2 world links, we are discussing whether we want to change how we calculate WvW world populations or if we want to lower the WvW population caps.”

Reset night numbers mean nothing when you use averages.

Yes, BG loses players too, for various reasons, and that is clear from McKenna’s post.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

I think someone was not telling you the truth. Its getting near to re-linking, its Wintersday, BG choosing not to play WvW is why you are seeing less people.

If BG gets reopened again, might as well /resign. Lets hope Anet will not fall for this again.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Yes. It might take sometimes because some players might have created a new free account and have not transferred away at all.

Moreover, server status change often took place on Monday.

So get on the new top server by transferring or creating a new account before it closes too.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I think someone was not telling you the truth. Its getting near to re-linking, its Wintersday, BG choosing not to play WvW is why you are seeing less people.

If BG gets reopened again, might as well /resign. Lets hope Anet will not fall for this again.

It’s Anet, they’ve fallen for it every time, year after year.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

It’s Anet, they’ve fallen for it every time, year after year.

Agreed, they ignore the game mode too much to even realize what is going on.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

The devs clearly stated the BG has less players than JQ and many of the linked worlds. Just because they have done well doesn’t mean players need to suffer from burn out to compete, and it also doesn’t mean that players don’t quit playing either… It’s kind of foolish to think that any server needs to be forever locked out regardless of ranking or performance.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

you probably also have less players because of the new pvp league….. im spending less time in wvw because of it also.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: Sky Fell.7604

Sky Fell.7604

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I have a Bridge for sale, I’ll even let it go for a Discounted price just for you.

On a more serious note, I would imagine they are trying to get Mag closed by increasing activity and trying to get BG open by lowering activity. Nothing new, it is what BG does, I can guarantee Anet will fall for it hook line and sinker just like they always do followed by BG openly mocking Anets incompetence with “We need more players on BG” threads.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Hibergate is just hibergating… BG guilds when not hibergating probably wouldn’t mesh well with Mag’s extreme attitude and skill pug style.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Just open BG to replace the players that transfered.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

Just open BG to replace the players that transfered.

Do not even make jokes about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

They lied to you. They’re transferring to CD because CD has such a high population, it’s only a matter of time before it’s T1.

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

They lied to you. They’re transferring to CD because CD has such a high population, it’s only a matter of time before it’s T1.

I think Anet should give them an extra 3 servers again.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Ni In.6578

With 4 servers it was so easy to just faceroll anything we were up against.

in WvW

Posted by: Sky Fell.7604

Sky Fell.7604

From McKenna Berdrow…

Blackgate and Jade Quarry both opened because they were below the population cap. Blackgate currently has a smaller population than Jade Quarry and some of the combined linked worlds populations (combined linked worlds population example being Crystal Desert + Darkhaven + Devona’s Rest combined has a higher population than Blackgate). With all that being said, we do keep track of the transfers that happen. Since we have been seeing an increase in transfer behavior with the past 2 world links, we are discussing whether we want to change how we calculate WvW world populations or if we want to lower the WvW population caps.”

Yes, BG loses players too, for various reasons, and that is clear from McKenna’s post.

I mean, we can do averages too. throughout the week BG consistently had a near map queue or possibly map queue on every map whereas we had one 2-10 person queue on ebg and enough of a force to barely hold up against BG on our home borderlands.

Again, all anecdotal though. I don’t have hard numbers because I’d rather play the game. If i wanted spreadsheets I’d still be playing Eve.

What people do is game the algorithm. They make alt accounts and join other servers for WvW so their home server opens and they can stack another guild or two before it closes.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

From McKenna Berdrow…

I mean, we can do averages too. throughout the week BG consistently had a near map queue or possibly map queue on every map whereas we had one 2-10 person queue on ebg and enough of a force to barely hold up against BG on our home borderlands.

Again, all anecdotal though. I don’t have hard numbers because I’d rather play the game. If i wanted spreadsheets I’d still be playing Eve.

What people do is game the algorithm. They make alt accounts and join other servers for WvW so their home server opens and they can stack another guild or two before it closes.

McKenna, an anet developer, gave a very clear answer.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

With 4 servers it was so easy to just faceroll anything we were up against.

Which tier did you get to before the merger changed?

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Ni In.6578

I was personally on KN at the time and was thrown into a TC pairing in T1. That lasted all of 3 days before I transferred to CD (nothing like a commander doing the same thing 5 times in a row being rolled by BG each time, then blaming her pugs for it). I believe at that time CD was in T3 though within the next one to two weeks of being a 3 server matchup, CD went back to T4.

I don’t recall which servers CD was paired with when we were in T3.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

BG doesn’t actually have that many queues around the clock, they just have a bigger portion of PPT nerds compared to other servers

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I was told on TeamSpeak that BlackGate all transferred to Maguuma. But when I try to transfer to BlackGate, it’s still full. Does the server take a while before the free slots open to the public?

Actually, no, the Tarnished Coast’s master race guild, TORK, and their leader, Zog, have transferred over to Mag.

Now you get to watch Mag crumble to T2 frequently.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Actually, no, the Tarnished Coast’s master race guild, TORK, and their leader, Zog, have transferred over to Mag.

Zog has been carrying us to victory all night, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Zog has been carrying us to victory all night, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Since when did Maguuma need help? Did you guys lose a bunch of players or something?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Since when did Maguuma need help? Did you guys lose a bunch of players or something?

It’s a joke, we have a bunch of mimic guilds. Our TORK is mostly VR and they all made identical characters to Zog, lol.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Nuuu why did you tell them