BG and ET, lets work on a community :)

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

forum bug

/15 quaggans

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

If a server cannot get along when they are handily beating the two other servers in the tier, nothing is going to fix it.

It sounds pretty bad to have a PR thread tbh.

Instead of being bitter because your server YB actually believed its own hype and thought pvdooring empty maps and running away from everyone all day somehow made you good players, and now that you actually have competition and cant handle it. Maybe you should worry more about yourself and try to reach out to those on AR that were linked to you and you know actually try to create a good environment based on communication and coordination instead of a hive mind dictatorship.

Just a thought

Oohh snap!

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

If a server cannot get along when they are handily beating the two other servers in the tier, nothing is going to fix it.

It sounds pretty bad to have a PR thread tbh.

Yeah but it doesn’t sound as bad as being in last place does it?! LOL YB actually has to work now and look where they’re at. DEAD LAST!

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

mmm, sipping coffee and reading the good vibes:)

When 2 servers work together, and have fun with one another, they leave with good memories when Anet pulls us apart, and if/when we meet again, those who played will remember (like old friends meeting for coffee). And it might be a little sad if we get matched against one another, like when running into old guilds that transferred (on good terms), and we’ll fight, but there will be a measure of respect there.

On the other hand, if the 2 servers don’t work together, are antagonistic to each other, you create more of a rivalry when you to met on opposite sides in the future.

In a tag team wrestling match (fake or not lol), you see those interactions on a much smaller scale, and easier to discern. But you don’t forget who each wrestler is.

Lastly, like other have mentioned, if you only queue for EB because you had bad experiences in the BL’s long ago, give em a try again, you might like it (and you might not, but hey, gotta give it a try)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Instead of being bitter because your server YB actually believed its own hype and thought pvdooring empty maps and running away from everyone all day somehow made you good players, and now that you actually have competition and cant handle it.

So many guys over at BG are just completely kitten-sore about losing for so long and seemingly more bitter when winning. It has been months of listening to complaints about YB defending and PPTing at every turn. When BG is finally winning, rather than just letting the win speak for itself some still cannot get over it. BG must be one acrimonious place.

We all play the same game. Most of us have shared the same win and loss streaks. You don’t need to kick sand in a servers face when they lose and you don’t need to beat your chest when you win. Enjoy the game, enjoy the competition and just a suggestion: belittling an opponent cheapens the victory.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

And its not just BG. Every server you have faced hates everything about YB.

This over here. Other servers have been the top dogs of PPT before in different tiers and didn’t spark this kind of reaction. This isn’t about winning or losing, its about YB. Everybody else outside YB would love to see the server that sucks the fun out of WvW out of their tier.

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Instead of being bitter because your server YB actually believed its own hype and thought pvdooring empty maps and running away from everyone all day somehow made you good players, and now that you actually have competition and cant handle it.

So many guys over at BG are just completely kitten-sore about losing for so long and seemingly more bitter when winning. It has been months of listening to complaints about YB defending and PPTing at every turn. When BG is finally winning, rather than just letting the win speak for itself some still cannot get over it. BG must be one acrimonious place.

We all play the same game. Most of us have shared the same win and loss streaks. You don’t need to kick sand in a servers face when they lose and you don’t need to beat your chest when you win. Enjoy the game, enjoy the competition and just a suggestion: belittling an opponent cheapens the victory.

Lol? You’re talking about a server that has been in T1 for so long and has dominated every important WvW competition, and they’re sore about meaningless matches? BG dominated seasons so much that JQ and TC actually had to double team the server for a WHOLE season just to win. And they still won 2 out of the 3 seasons.

Look, hibergate is real whether you believe it or not. I’ve been on this server a long, long time and I know that the regulars here don’t give a crap about scores most of the time. After 3+ years in T1, why would we? I’m sure JQ (before they started going down) thought the same thing.

(edited by Shifu.4321)

in WvW

Posted by: KnightSynergy.3542

KnightSynergy.3542

Working with Eredon Terrace after the WvW Balance Patch has been amazing. Admittedly, I was also a bit frustrated on the initial reset night, because I was locked out with tremendous queues when I showed up 10 minutes late to reset. After that reset night, it was amazing. The week of the Borderlands changes, BG was waking up, but we still experienced areas of weakness. Throughout last week, ET more than covered our backs. They’re a force to be reckoned with, and I hope that silenced those who were doubting ET’s impact to Tier 1 WvW.

Still, I find it hilarious that people make accusations at Blackgate based on a few random individuals spewing out vehement rhetoric that is not at all representative of the server as a whole. In most of my WvW experience across multiple guilds, we have not belittled our opponents. In fact, we still have a lot to learn from Yak’s Bend, because while we’ve always had more success in open-field combat, YB’s knowledge of siege defense of objectives is far superior to ours.

But to hear people say how Blackgate shouldn’t have be matched with Eredon Terrace is an insult to the system in place. Eredon Terrace is the dominant force in Tier 8, and Blackgate was last place week after week in Tier 1. And to hear people say how BG only winning because of returning players and the loss of guilds from YB and JQ is disrespectful to ET in the effort they put in and effect they’ve had.

Eredon Terrace, I greatly appreciate what you have done for us, and I’m looking forward to our continued partnership.

in WvW

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

My guild and I aren’t specced for such large zerg battles, and some of us can’t handle the lag that comes with it. But we try to make ourselves useful by stealing camps, backpacking towers, but I know some go our guilds love getting into the whole ZvZ action. Can’t speak for everyone but I’m loving the action <3.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The competitive talk is great and all. And i know i can’t do anything but ask, but lets shift this conversation away from pvf. Thats not what this post is about. Its about having an open dialogue for the ET and BG community to discuss.

The problem with this idea is that community talk for BG seems to revolve around running down their opponents and talking about how great they are. Hopefully the in-game chat on their server isn’t like their forum representatives because that would be a sad place at least to me.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

The competitive talk is great and all. And i know i can’t do anything but ask, but lets shift this conversation away from pvf. Thats not what this post is about. Its about having an open dialogue for the ET and BG community to discuss.

The problem with this idea is that community talk for BG seems to revolve around running down their opponents and talking about how great they are. Hopefully the in-game chat on their server isn’t like their forum representatives because that would be a sad place at least to me.

And you think statements like that will help? This thread is about fostering communication with ET, if it wasn’t for some bitter yb posters, there wouldn’t be these posts going back and forth. If you feel so strongly about it, stop trying to make this about something it isn’t. How about you take it to the numerous other threads.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<