Back after a break... WTH happened?

in WvW

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

So I took a break a bit after the big server merge in WvW. I come back and the numbers look worse than before the merge?! WvW seems beyond pointless right now. Where did everyone go? on CD btw.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Dead game is dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

WvW, with 0 attention from ANet, was always pointless. However, with YB and SBI in the same tier, there are tons of good guilds to scrim and hella good fights to be had. Enjoy it before relinkings mess things up again.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

HoT happend. That’s all i can say to answer your question.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Everyone bandwagoned from lower teirs to higher up because 500 gems is cheap

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Really? I play pretty much every day for several hours at a time and I see massive numbers of players still playing in PvE and WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

HoT happened

And then they proved it wasn’t a temporary mistake.
Amazing really, company called arena. Games name a synonym of team fighting……. Spends the bulk of it’s resources churning out PvE maps <,<

in WvW

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I can’t understand all the QQ’g and crying and whining about HoT. I LOVE the HoT specialization lines. They made our characters awesome. Any kind of character improvement is welcome to me. And all I see here are people crying about take HoT away it’s too OP, it’s too strong.

Anet, HoT is awesome and LEAVE IT ALONE!

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

It’s an mmo, they age, players get bored, etc. The game is 4.5 years old, decent run.

A larger problem is the lack of attention wvw has gotten over the years. People got tired of waiting on anets promises so they moved on. HoT came along and the skill balance was out of control, still is in lots of certain aspects and destroyed build diversity.

WvW is gank city: therefore your roamer community declines.
Boon/condi meta has taken over: therefore your zerg/havoc community declines.
Numbers game: Larger force wins, the brave guilds got frustrated, guilds fall.

You are seeing first hand the decline of an mmo. Relinkings of servers because they are so dead, declining quarterly financial reports, devs getting their experience and moving onto other jobs, popular pvpers like Helseth moving on, and among other examples.

Loved the game, but the player experience is at an all time low in wvw. It’s quite sad to witness as a day one player in wvw when the game mode was so vibrant and active

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I have no issues finding “numbers” in game unless they are really off hours and in fact prefer it this way. I am not a fan of the big blobs which slow everything to a crawl and which tend to be fights where one just spams aoe and pushes on the other.

Even on the lower tier server I am on , we get queues for EBG. The time of day is important as the biggest difference between populations is the amount of after hours coverage.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I can’t understand all the QQ’g and crying and whining about HoT. I LOVE the HoT specialization lines. They made our characters awesome. Any kind of character improvement is welcome to me. And all I see here are people crying about take HoT away it’s too OP, it’s too strong.

The issue isn’t that HoT builds are fun to play and great but that HoT trait lines are near mandatory for most classes in order to compete. Prior to HoT and the trait line simplification, there were more build variations and more trait line options. Most aren’t complaining about HoT OP they are complaining that non-HoT is mostly noncompetitive.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Anet, HoT is awesome and LEAVE IT ALONE!

If you like to faceroll your keyboard, then HoT is for you and that’s mostly the players that are left, those who play the cheesiest builds ever and cry if they lose as that’s IMPOSSIBLE. That’s what HoT brought – a boring mindless game.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

WvW, with 0 attention from ANet, was always pointless. However, with YB and SBI in the same tier, there are tons of good guilds to scrim and hella good fights to be had. Enjoy it before relinkings mess things up again.

Actually Anet gave atention to WvW, for what they belive WvW should be, the problem is that the issue that lies in wvw is so core deep that they cant do nothing to fix it, and/or they believe these core issues are a good thing.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

it’s the week before links. everyone is chilling and tanking.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

too late to tank for links

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Really? I play pretty much every day for several hours at a time and I see massive numbers of players still playing in PvE and WvW.

Ahhh take a moment if you will, relax, and close your eyes. Now imagine the sky being a beautiful sky blue, with the fluffy clouds being fluffy white like marshmallows, and passing by in great numbers, and the sun shining like a sun shines.

Then you look down into wvw and see what it was four years ago with twenty plus full status servers, with almost all servers complaining about people not being able to get into maps and long queues.

Now jump ahead three years before the game life changing expansion is delivered and many of those servers have lost a great amount of players, with only three of them able to carry full status tags.

Nonchalantly skip ahead six months after the expansion was delivered, and the population dropped so much that they had to fold over half the servers down to twelve servers, to bring the population back to what it was just before the expansion was delivered.

Massive amount of players? sure of course nothing would look dead much if you play in the prime time of your server where zergs are abound everywhere. Sure as hell isn’t at the levels it was at even from when they did the links.

Also, pve zones has megaservers of course it’s going to look full all the time, that was the point of it.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Ahhh take a moment if you will, relax, and close your eyes. Now imagine the sky being a beautiful sky blue, with the fluffy clouds being fluffy white like marshmallows, and passing by in great numbers, and the sun shining like a sun shines.

Then you look down into wvw and see what it was four years ago with twenty plus full status servers, with almost all servers complaining about people not being able to get into maps and long queues.

Now jump ahead three years before the game life changing expansion is delivered and many of those servers have lost a great amount of players, with only three of them able to carry full status tags.

Nonchalantly skip ahead six months after the expansion was delivered, and the population dropped so much that they had to fold over half the servers down to twelve servers, to bring the population back to what it was just before the expansion was delivered.

Massive amount of players? sure of course nothing would look dead much if you play in the prime time of your server where zergs are abound everywhere. Sure as hell isn’t at the levels it was at even from when they did the links.

Also, pve zones has megaservers of course it’s going to look full all the time, that was the point of it.

That was written quite beautiful lol

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So I took a break a bit after the big server merge in WvW. I come back and the numbers look worse than before the merge?! WvW seems beyond pointless right now. Where did everyone go? on CD btw.

Just a continuation of the HOT trend, especially linking has been not what was promised and not an answer.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Anet payed a bit of attention to WvW and it didn’t go very well, so people started losing hope faster than normal. Then Anet backed off and renigged on some promises and even more people lost hope. Add to that that the people who have stuck around this long tend to be the folks that like what’s sort of working rather than what’s healthy and there’s no quick or painless path to a better game.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

What timezone are you referring to? CD was doing well last week with queue on weekend during SEA time.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The issue isn’t that HoT builds are fun to play and great but that HoT trait lines are near mandatory for most classes in order to compete. Prior to HoT and the trait line simplification, there were more build variations and more trait line options. Most aren’t complaining about HoT OP they are complaining that non-HoT is mostly noncompetitive.

Most are complaining the design of the HoT specs just isn’t fun to play as or against, and because they’re so strong it’s all that’s usable to have a good chance at winning.

They’re stronger, but there’s no point in playing a game if it’s no longer fun. That’s the big issue, and even the pro players have largely all come out with the same criticism of sPvP directly regarding the elite specs.

WvW only seems to be more active for those who were on low-tier servers prior to HoT. It wasn’t uncommon to have 100-man queues on the weekends all the way through T3 before its launch. A bulk majority of servers even with the links can’t muster that many players in general for reset. The population is way down, and it’s because of profession design.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

WvW only seems to be more active for those who were on low-tier servers prior to HoT. It wasn’t uncommon to have 100-man queues on the weekends all the way through T3 before its launch. A bulk majority of servers even with the links can’t muster that many players in general for reset. The population is way down, and it’s because of profession design.

Just to say, I came from a small server and most people from that server do a lot less WvW than before because it’s so much more active. They aren’t used to map blobs karma training their stuff, the skill lag and bank squads, the linking ruined it for them because it increased activity way too much.

A simple and hard nerf of every elite trait line would have fixed WvW, that and getting a handle on boon spam, share, resistance and the number of conditions being vomitted around.

As you say, elite specs aren’t fun to play against nor play as for anyone who likes to think they’re skilled.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Elite specs are not fun but give credit to the desert map too please. Wrecks the match for float zergs looking to chase down fights. And just in general unless you crave low activity PvD.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

even though there is no wvw season, all the tier 1 servers a few weeks ago had links.

Mag/Bg/ had links and TC and a few others did not.

This lead to massive server stacking (transfers) to those servers leaving many of the other servers empty.

TC lost hundreds of players and was locked for months, while BG Mag and the other servers were OPEN for months at a time allowing the server stacking to continue.

Meanwhile.. the scoring was changed from 2 1 1 to 5 4 3 so that any server in tier 1 has an un-naturally high chance of staying there from artificially inflated glicko scoring.

The game is not dead… its just broken because of bad decisions on the WvW devs parts.

Right now as it stands, wvw is empty because reset is tonight and with the new scoring system no one has a chance to make a comeback past Tuesday night or maybe late Wednesday.

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

Oh and the server merge was voted down by players.. so it never happened. In its place we got server stacking and linking and a glicko war score that cant be overcome mid week making wvw almost not worth playing unless you are winning or the scores are very close and maintained.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

even though there is no wvw season, all the tier 1 servers a few weeks ago had links.

Mag/Bg/ had links and TC and a few others did not.

Dude if you’re going to constantly cry about who’s open and links at least get your facts straight.

BG hasn’t had a link since like the first link ups more than 6 months ago. TC lost their link in oct but were still good enough to compete in t1 and t2, in fact clubbering t2 a couple times before starting to lose guilds over the past few months. Mag had their link in oct when they were still bouncing t1 and t2, they lost it 7 weeks ago in the last re-links.

TC was probably locked because of their roleplaying fairweathers, there was no conspiracy to dump your server into t1, 5% to roll t1 is not 0% just kitten unlucky. TC is open this week which was predicatable given the system takes some time to compare data on wvw population activity.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

I have no issues finding “numbers” in game unless they are really off hours and in fact prefer it this way. I am not a fan of the big blobs which slow everything to a crawl and which tend to be fights where one just spams aoe and pushes on the other.

Even on the lower tier server I am on , we get queues for EBG. The time of day is important as the biggest difference between populations is the amount of after hours coverage.

As usual if you don’t find a problem, its likely you’re the problem. People bandwagon to other servers too easily and without consequence, so winning servers just snowball.
And since HoT when people started quitting WvW until now, the few people that played WvW just bandwagoned into a couple servers and thats it. It was also a issue pre-HoT, Seafarers was full of bandwagoner guilds (i know because i was there before, during and after it was the top server). Until they change the way players are distributed into WvW then WvW will never be playable.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

As usual if you don’t find a problem, its likely you’re the problem. People bandwagon to other servers too easily and without consequence, so winning servers just snowball.
And since HoT when people started quitting WvW until now, the few people that played WvW just bandwagoned into a couple servers and thats it. It was also a issue pre-HoT, Seafarers was full of bandwagoner guilds (i know because i was there before, during and after it was the top server). Until they change the way players are distributed into WvW then WvW will never be playable.

It’s not bandwagoning anymore, I think it’s more of a migration.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The Meta is just no more fun to play in GW2, no reasons to play, no tournament, the game no longer works on Mac either, ESO has fixed their stuff and Ow will satisfy most players competitive needs.

Therefore WvW is just continuously losing people.

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

It’s not bandwagoning anymore, I think it’s more of a migration.

People been telling themselves that since the first time their guild lead said, we’re moving for more fights.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain