Backpack and server-strength dilemma

in WvW

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

How safe is the progress on the new backpack when you take your server’s activity in account.
I’m on Aurora Glade, one of the better middle-ground servers (currently connected to Rings of Fire), and sometimes there’s a squad that does stuff, although alround the maps seem kind of dead. (do we have a commander shortage?)

I wonder exactly how much the progress to the new backpacks will be restricted by the skill of your server as a whole. Do I need to join an elitist guild or move to a capped server in order to even make a chance at the new backpack?

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

From my understanding the less people you need to fight against the better, that way you can work on it without the constant looming threat of being ran over by a zerg, ect. I’m in T1 and there is a load of people, and always 50+ person zergs, and a lot of cancer builds roaming.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Ahhh the new map completion quest

First off: dying in WvW is not a big deal. The sooner you let go of that, the better you’ll play.

Second: there are a still a lot of friendly veterans on all servers who would be glad to give you a few tips, just stick around, ask questions, pitch in and do some of the grunt work.

I went into WvW four years ago, loathing and terrified of anything remotely resembling pvp. I stuck around and found it gratifying because it not only improved my class skillset immensely, which translated into every other aspect of GW2, but I learned that (see point one) dying wasn’t a big deal; just get back up and go get the guy that stomped you

In between you’ll meet folks who won’t kill you, but encourage you to get back up and try fighting them again. Those are the ones you add to your friends list

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Come Tuesday, there will be a bonus given to people who tag up in WvW. If there is a commander shortage at the moment, expect to have an abundance on Tuesday.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Come Tuesday, there will be a bonus given to people who tag up in WvW. If there is a commander shortage at the moment, expect to have an abundance on Tuesday.

And a shortage on wednesday again when players find out most of them suck, so they will go back to only following known names.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

And a shortage on wednesday again when players find out most of them suck, so they will go back to only following known names.

The OP says there is no tag. So any tag is better than none. If you tag up, they will come. That’s the way I reason it anyway.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Speaks the truth. I’m guessing some of these pvers will come to our play ground from eotm and get farmed by roaming groups. Look forward to it actually, maybe we get some QQ from them so the game will get some balance changes.