Backward dodge rolling

Backward dodge rolling

in WvW

Posted by: Deemo.6094

Deemo.6094

WTF is up with this dodging the wrong way thing thats going on…….. like ill be moving away or in a direction and dodge, the dodge will send me in the opposite direction to the place i forward it to go. is it something to do with the “you got loot, you was pushed” bug? idk but omg this is something that is srsly tilting me right now. i play WvW. I can manage and deal with server lag problems, that are (but shouldnt be) part of the game now. I can deal with self error but this dodge opposite way thing, through no fault of your own, is rly tilting me. Please look into and fix this dumb stuff. its only been happening for the last, idk, 6months?

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

Backward dodge rolling

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

This has been an issue since day 1. I don’t know why.
I couldn’t tell you the number of times I’ve dodge rolled only for it to kick me the wrong direction into an oncoming enemy zerg.
Sad panda, but its sufficiently infrequent that I deal.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Backward dodge rolling

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Are you lagging? I got video recently of using Rocket Charge with no enemy selected and going 180 with it during a ping spike.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Backward dodge rolling

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

It’s happening with leaps too.
I’d assumed because the server believes you to be somewhat behind where you see yourself. So when it updates your landing spot it appears you moved incorrectly.
Can’t tell you how often I’ve done a GS2 and landed at or behind where I leapt from <<

Backward dodge rolling

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I have been dodging the wrong way so much more lately than I used to. Double-click right go backwards or left. Double click forward, and end up going backwards. It’s very odd.

Backward dodge rolling

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

you always dodge backwards when standing still. So the issue is likely ur keyboard, or the game, or ur lagg causing ur movement keys to not be registered for a split second, or more likely a combination of three.
Or Letoll had a good theory about the game registering you in a difference place than u actually are…so thus the directions get jumbled. Infact I’m inclined to believe that theory is whats happening since it applies to all sorts of movement skills.

I get the same issue with gs3 whirlwind on my warrior. My cursor is clearly placed ontop of my player (not on em) in the forward direction…and for whatever reason it sometimes shooots me backwards instead.

Changing ur keybind for dodge may help. If you are double clicking to dodge….DONT. bind ur dodge key to use mouse wheel click. So u need only compress the mouse wheel once to dodge.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Backward dodge rolling

in WvW

Posted by: Deemo.6094

Deemo.6094

Double Tap or Click Dodge – lul :P Its gotta be a lag or loot issue, imo. it happens alot in the thick of battle while enemy are dieing hence why i thought it might of been a auto loot issue. i recently stopped jump dodging as well cause i noticed the extra frames u got from this style of dodging had become useless as i was getting Hit/CC’ed at the start and end of the dodgeroll when using it. 1st noticed this jump dodge problem starting to happen around 8months ago.

i accualy have an example on vid where it gets me put into downstate lol. You will see me turn then try n dodge that direction but then it goes forward https://youtu.be/v7OFmB2dnY0?t=6m55s

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

(edited by Deemo.6094)