Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

These linkings don’t make sense.

(edited by aandiarie.7195)

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: Sky Fell.7604

Sky Fell.7604

JQ was full why did they get links? These linkings don’t make sense.

Anet probably manually locked us and forgot about it while our population dwindled. The only explanation that makes sense.

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

JQ is not full, please get a pair of glasses and look.

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

Bad links... why?

in WvW

aandiarie.7195

I saw before JQ was full, but someone said they were opened recently. I know JQ had like No NA, but they seemed fat in other timezones.

Bad links... why?

in WvW

aandiarie.7195

YB didn’t get a link. That is interesting.

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

but triple server for “Very High” server? doesn’t take a genius to see it is questionable unless anet is implying those 2 servers are not equivalent to one guest server of double link

Also
DB + DH? DB has 2 SEA guilds and DH has 3 SEA guilds, so you make it super SEA heavy link? To ktrain other servers during that time?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

see you in 2 months

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Oh hey, FA finally got linked with its farm team server, IoJ.
Lol @ JQ getting two links and YB not getting any.
Anet must be #pro at dungeons and dragons, ’cause they love rolling the dice.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Somehow YB is still set to full, something I don’t see in game. I’ve seen YB full, and this doesn’t look anything like it. Did they adjust max population downward or something?

I get the impression that link ups and active population aren’t measured at the same time. If that’s true, YB might drop from full a week into the link up window with no other option but to ride it out.

Dat JQ link tho.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

be done with the links already – they make no fricken sense… I get they tried to make TC / JQ competitive with BG /Mag, but a T3 server with no links at all and full when we are lucky to que 1 bl at < 10 ?

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Most people on servers 18-24 have have already transferred to a host server, so the fact that some higher hosts got 2 pairs means very little, because their pairs pops are extremely low. Since most people on those lower servers have left, I think, looking at T3-4 this pairing seems to be all about phase 2: trimming down pop on servers 13-17.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I saw before JQ was full, but someone said they were opened recently. I know JQ had like No NA, but they seemed fat in other timezones.

In what timezones?
“In other timezones” implies that JQ has many players in at least two timezones, when NA is pretty empty.
As an EU player I can tell you, that JQ is even more empty at EU (and always was) in my timezone. That leaves OCX and SEA as potential timezones you were talking about.
As far as I know JQ hasn’t any OCX left after SoX left some month ago – which was the only active “larger” OCX guild on JQ.
So, maybe or SEA is still big after 3-4 guilds left to BG a while ago. I can’t tell, but still your “fat in other timezones” is wrong.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Most people on servers 18-24 have have already transferred to a host server, so the fact that some higher hosts got 2 pairs means very little, because their pairs pops are extremely low. Since most people on those lower servers have left, I think, looking at T3-4 this pairing seems to be all about phase 2: trimming down pop on servers 13-17.

Any players at all is better than none…. If you want to “throw away” the links to server 3 and 4, then 5-6-7-8 still have better links as well. Clearly the thought was to try and make t1 competitive and well YB can compete by itself in T3 (with little to no chance of improving to T2 without a link AND full)

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: Sianon.3586

Sianon.3586

In all honesty the linking is never going to work when people can transfer every time the wind changes direction. How are they meant to know the wvw population when it changes every 5 minutes by people moving server?

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Any players at all is better than none…. If you want to “throw away” the links to server 3 and 4, then 5-6-7-8 still have better links as well. Clearly the thought was to try and make t1 competitive and well YB can compete by itself in T3 (with little to no chance of improving to T2 without a link AND full)

Presumably no Host server is ever going to get a link when it’s marked as “Full”. Whether or not a server is classed as “Full” is determined by an algorithm whose paramaters we aren’t permitted to know, other than that it is based on “active” WvW participation that doesn’t include EotM.

The question is, how does the algorithm rate the bottom server in T3 as “Full” in the first place? There have been plenty of guesses but no-one knows for sure. Clearly it doesn’t follow any kind of logic that a human might apply.

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

The fact that TC and JQ got double-linked while YB got no link is shameful. Their algorithm **** it’s pants in this case. It’s been 6v1 for two linkings, and we’ve suffered for it, and now again no link???

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

In what timezones?
“In other timezones” implies that JQ has many players in at least two timezones, when NA is pretty empty.
As an EU player I can tell you, that JQ is even more empty at EU (and always was) in my timezone. That leaves OCX and SEA as potential timezones you were talking about.
As far as I know JQ hasn’t any OCX left after SoX left some month ago – which was the only active “larger” OCX guild on JQ.
So, maybe or SEA is still big after 3-4 guilds left to BG a while ago. I can’t tell, but still your “fat in other timezones” is wrong.

JQ is by no means an empty server. They have SF and CF, DKLT and HzH left for NA, VALE runs 30 through OCX, Cloudfly gets on in late OCX and keeps a map queued until early EU.

JQ may lack staying power through sheer number of guilds, but they’re ‘relatively’ fat in other timezones because of how long Cloudfly drives for. By driving for like eight to ten hours a day and keeping a 25-40 man group on him at all times, he keeps JQ’s activity level relatively high, which leads to JQ being calculated with a high population.

Frankly, Links are a method for ANet to keep specific servers in the specific tiers they want the servers in.

Consider that SoS and FA were relatively even in terms of pugs, guilds and overall coverage last linking. However, this linking, FA got a server that already had multiple guild groups sitting on it, while SoS got a ‘placeholder’ server. The intention here is to create a Tier 2 with FA and SBI as consistent contenders, and to create a T1.5 server with JQ and 3.5 server with CD.

(TC’s fate is still undetermined, at the moment…)

(edited by Namer.9750)

Bad links... why?

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We’re going to go ahead and close this thread, as match-up threads are not permitted on the forums.