Badges of Honor

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

I find it obscene that badges of honor are so hard to get, killing players rarely gives me any. In fact the only reliable way to collect them from what I’ve seen is jumping puzzles (which quite frankly isn’t conducive to the WvW area as it lowers the potential amount of combatants)

What I’d like to see is every player kill you participate in nets you 1 badge of honor (excluding kills with siege equipment. This is to prevent arrow kart farming) and the badge of honor is automatically deposited into your inventory (this last part is because in the midst of battle you cannot stop to pick up loot if you want to survive).

Further more I’d like to see keep champions net a guaranteed 1-2 badges of honor, this only makes sense. It’s a keep, tower or castle you just took. Not gaining a badge of honor from this is obscene.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

I agree.

I really think they should remove jumping puzzles altogether from WvW since it doesn’t seem to fit in the grand scheme of a WAR lol.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: edyn.6413

edyn.6413

Personally, I think anything you can do to help your server’s campaign should have a chance to reward badges. I believe that any events from keep sieges to DE PvE-ish events like the Centaurs/Skitts/Hyleks/Kraitt, etc. should reward badges.

When you think about, the amount of time it takes to get a full set of PvP gear based off of the current badge drop rate vs. the PvE exact-stat equvilent in Ascalonian Catacombs, the PvE way seems substantially quicker than trying to grind badges.

Personally, I have no idea why they have W3 rewards based off of PvP kills only. It makes no sense when put into the W3 (anything for the greater good of the realm) mentality.

Mesmer

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

You can make ~300 badges/day if you focus on killing people. It’s not that long.

Red Guard [RG]

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

You can make ~300 badges/day if you focus on killing people. It’s not that long.

That’s a bare minimum of 300 kills. Melee characters and mid ranged characters are unable to rack in that many kills vs a organized group of players. Heck even the thief using the rendering bug to stay permanently invisible can’t rack in that many kills vs a organized zerg.

Today with a SB (had to use cluster bombs) I managed to make a staggering 58 badges, I killed a lot of players, picked up my loot and rarely would I get a badge so I’d hypothesize it would take somewhere between 600-900 kills to achieve this while focusing solely on player kills.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Personally, I think anything you can do to help your server’s campaign should have a chance to reward badges. I believe that any events from keep sieges to DE PvE-ish events like the Centaurs/Skitts/Hyleks/Kraitt, etc. should reward badges.

When you think about, the amount of time it takes to get a full set of PvP gear based off of the current badge drop rate vs. the PvE exact-stat equvilent in Ascalonian Catacombs, the PvE way seems substantially quicker than trying to grind badges.

Personally, I have no idea why they have W3 rewards based off of PvP kills only. It makes no sense when put into the W3 (anything for the greater good of the realm) mentality.

the AC set is level ~30, badge set is exotic 80

and 600-900 kills isnt alot, it counts assists as well, you get loot bags for assists as much as you get kills. you can get 1-200 kills in just a couple hours of playing

to get 38 badges, you would have probably had to kill 200 players.

(edited by wads.5730)

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: Miu Xie.5872

Miu Xie.5872

the AC set is level ~30, badge set is exotic 80

and 600-900 kills isnt alot, it counts assists as well, you get loot bags for assists as much as you get kills. you can get 1-200 kills in just a couple hours of playing

AC exotic set is level 80. I’m using AC set mostly for the stats, transmuted with other armor for appearance.

Sanae Kurita, Mag

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

well, if every kill would net 1 badge, it would be waaay too easy! Lol
i have over 2k kills, and stopped doing WvW like a month ago! not even for puzzle!!
and have like 800 badges!

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: kweetni.1023

kweetni.1023

I disagree, don’t make it easyer
If you want the armor so badly then prove you’re worthy of it!