Badges of Honor in WvW and the Vizunah Square. (Canadians, French)

in WvW

Posted by: SLOTH.7842

SLOTH.7842

Q:

Greetings.
This is regarding the Badges of Honor in WvW and the Vizunah Square.

The Badges of Honor drop rate is so low that I don’t even see the point of doing WvW at all. I can play for several hours without getting even 1 single drop. It all seems to be totally random. The ratio between how much the gear costs, and how much drops is so far out. It can take ages to even get 1 single gear piece. This is an issue spoken daily in WvW, and it needs to be changed fast, because people will get tired of it one day. I can’t really see why we are doing WvW other than getting certain buffs (which doesn’t do much for us who are doing WvW all the time), and the Badges of Honor gear. So you really need to speed up the Badges of Honor drop rate before people are starting to get tired.

The other issue which is also very serious and alarming, is the Vizunah Square, they have a huge advantage compared to everyone else. They are always doing much better because at daytime the French are playing, and at night the Canadians are playing, Canada isn’t Europe, why in the world do they play with us, they have a totally different time period, they are in average 5-6 hours behind us, which means they can get everything they want during the night, because we sleep, and they are up. So when we wake up, everything is Vizunah Square, and we can’t do anything untill School and work time is over here in Europe.

These are really serious issues which are spoken daily in WvW, and people are starting to get really angry about it, some have even stopped playing WvW because of this.
Please escalate this and do something about it before you start losing players. Do not postpone this, take action.

This is what Arenanet posted on the forums:

“Greetings everyone!
We’ve received lots of feedback regarding night capping. Many want to know how Arenanet views this. Our answer is that WvW was developed as a never ending continuous battle.
We feel that everyone should have the ability to contribute no matter what time of the day it is. How we’ve came to this conclusion is that no player’s time is more valuable than another. Everyone has different off peak hours for whatever reason. Players should not be punished or unable to experience and view the same content as everyone else because they play at a different time. They too are paying customers.
This is not saying that we are against any adjustment to scoring, or against developing another mechanic to improve the capping system. This is simply saying that we will not be changing WvW based on some players’ idea of off time hours.
Please use this thread as the main discussion for this topic.”

Okey, so they mean that “Our answer is that WvW was developed as a never ending continuous battle.” that’s fine, that’s okey. BUT it doesn’t mean that the Canadians should have the opportunity to night cap with a massive army and get everything because they are up when we are sleeping. This does not sound fair.
Arenanet, of course it’s supposed to be a continous battle, and that you can play WvW whenever you want, but then you have to find a different server match-up, because this is clearly not working.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

I’m surprised they put this badges system into the game at all, they designed the rest of wvw to be so unrestrictive and yet they put this breadcrumb trail of badges into the game.. it does bad things to the gameplay, people end up focusing to much on getting there ‘rewards’ then actively helping in the big picture.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

You get siege weapons from jumping puzzles and gear from trading post so you don’t need badges at all.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

SLOTH.7842

They have to put some kind of “farming” into the gamemode, or else it will just be boring in the end. Why do WvW if you can’t get anything cool from it?

in WvW

Posted by: Wafflesomg.4820

Wafflesomg.4820

They have to put some kind of “farming” into the gamemode, or else it will just be boring in the end. Why do WvW if you can’t get anything cool from it?

Because it’s fun? :o

in WvW

SLOTH.7842

Because it’s fun? :o

Yes. It’s fun for a period.
But in the end you wind up thinking that it is a waste of your time if you don’t get anything else from it than just fun. What people want is something they can show others, “check out this, I got this from playing a lot of WvW”. That’s what makes a game even more fun

in WvW

Posted by: Berserker.7425

Berserker.7425

“I’m surprised they put this badges system into the game at all, they designed the rest of wvw to be so unrestrictive and yet they put this breadcrumb trail of badges into the game.. it does bad things to the gameplay, people end up focusing to much on getting there ‘rewards’ then actively helping in the big picture.”

New Suggestion then: When you capture a new keep, not only do you get the karma/exp rewards etc, you get 5 (?) bags that have the chance for badges of honor. Or 2 Bag for a defence success. (the same bags that u get from killing an enemy) this would promote offensive and defensive tactics rather than farming kills.

in WvW

Posted by: Shroomzilla.5816

Shroomzilla.5816

W vs W vs W is fun. That alone is rewarding. You get badges from killing npcs some times. I also get at least 50-60 badges a day in 8-9 hours og w vs w. i would get more if i did not die as easy as i do. Bags get left behind when i am running away or dead.

What the heck is the about canadians nite capping? I see several posts about this on these forums. I hope u do know the canadians r in the same time zones as the U.S.A.

LVL 80 Elementalist— Ankylosaurus
Guild — Merciless
Server-- Crystal Desert

(edited by Shroomzilla.5816)

in WvW

Posted by: AXLORD.2045

AXLORD.2045

The other issue which is also very serious and alarming, is the Vizunah Square, they have a huge advantage compared to everyone else. They are always doing much better because at daytime the French are playing, and at night the Canadians are playing, Canada isn’t Europe, why in the world do they play with us, they have a totally different time period, they are in average 5-6 hours behind us, which means they can get everything they want during the night, because we sleep, and they are up. So when we wake up, everything is Vizunah Square, and we can’t do anything untill School and work time is over here in Europe.

Proof please ? I’m still waiting for anyone to bring official informations about where are players logged from.

(edited by AXLORD.2045)

in WvW

Posted by: Psykoyul.9147

Psykoyul.9147

First, I get around 30-50 badges each evening and like 200 on saturday and sunday. The drop rate is fine.
All my guildies and I are buying siege weapons with badges cause we already got all the stuff.
Second, there are no Canadians on VS or AS. Ask Anet to give you datas about where the guys of these servers are playing from, I’d totally second your claim. Live with it and find another excuse to explain your losses.
We had the same kind of whines coming from Deso last week. This week Elona Bief concentrate on playing instead of whining and they are beating us badly at night.

GM of Soul Reapers [SR] JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Junkkis.5137

Junkkis.5137

Depend what class u play too. Im ranger with 1500 range longbow and get a lot badges.
played a bit melee class and hardly get any badge. got 3 badge exotic gear piece and in bank 1750 badge for alt.

Just dont play melee in WvWvW if u want farm badges fast.

in WvW

Posted by: Thurbleton.5841

Thurbleton.5841

You can get ~20-25 badges a day doing all of the jumping puzzles. If you’d rather place it safe you could just do Eternal (which gets you 8-12 badges) and your home borderlands on multiple characters (since badges are account wide)

I’ve gotten my chest and shoulders so far with this system along with general wuv wuv fighting.

WTB Keg Brawl in Custom PVP → Key Brawl Tourneys!

in WvW

SLOTH.7842

First, I get around 30-50 badges each evening and like 200 on saturday and sunday. The drop rate is fine.
All my guildies and I are buying siege weapons with badges cause we already got all the stuff.
Second, there are no Canadians on VS or AS. Ask Anet to give you datas about where the guys of these servers are playing from, I’d totally second your claim. Live with it and find another excuse to explain your losses.
We had the same kind of whines coming from Deso last week. This week Elona Bief concentrate on playing instead of whining and they are beating us badly at night.

Ok, sorry about this, but this is what everyone is saying about the canadians.
One more thing, the drop rate is not fine, (maybe for those who play 8 hours daily).

in WvW

SLOTH.7842

You can get ~20-25 badges a day doing all of the jumping puzzles. If you’d rather place it safe you could just do Eternal (which gets you 8-12 badges) and your home borderlands on multiple characters (since badges are account wide)

I’ve gotten my chest and shoulders so far with this system along with general wuv wuv fighting.

Jumping puzzles are not possible to complete when people are camping in there with siege. Another thing, it shouldn’t be necessary to do jumping puzzles to get badges of honor, you should get it from all other things, HONOR.

in WvW

SLOTH.7842

Depend what class u play too. Im ranger with 1500 range longbow and get a lot badges.
played a bit melee class and hardly get any badge. got 3 badge exotic gear piece and in bank 1750 badge for alt.

Just dont play melee in WvWvW if u want farm badges fast.

Well that is also something that Arenanet has to fix, it shouldn’t be necessary to reroll a ranged class to get badges of honor. It should be equal to all classes, therefore this is another issue.

in WvW

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

Proof please ? I’m still waiting for anyone to bring official informations about where are players logged from.

Even if I show you proof, you won’t accept it because you don’t understand French.

in WvW

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

Agree. The drop rate is marginally good if playing one character. It took me three weeks of heavy game play to buy one item. The drop rate gets more unacceptable with each additional character played. I play six characters, so …

The lower drop rate for melee is a non-issue with regard to getting WvW stats on armor. The same stats are found on some Orr gear. One or two pieces might need to be bought at tp. Yes, weapons with power, toughness, vitality stats must be gotten by badges.

What you are asking for is a way for badges to accumulate like influence, where a player does not have to stop fighting to pick it up. This would help melee most. Melee loses the most bags due to their combat position.

in WvW

Posted by: Harvestr.6052

Harvestr.6052

On my 80 Elementalist I’m lucky if I get 1 badge for 50 kills, no exaggeration. They are literally a MYTH to me now. He is d/d and thus high into toughness so I’m melee. I guess that nurfs my dps even with staff and thus the reason I see no badges regarless of what weapon I’m using.

I created an Engineer, and at lvl 15 with his granades I’m getting 5 or 6 badges and hour. So, it does seems range and AoE gets badges faster. The drop rate shouldn’t be based on your build or class, it should be random with each kill. Maybe those that join in a fight late get lesser chance, so people are not just tagging and running but we should not be penalized if our DPS isn’t the best because we chose to go tanky or support build. Healing and tanking for others should help you earn badges. Basically the current situation is go glass cannon and get badges or go tank or heals and support and watch the drop rate drop to .00001%

(edited by Harvestr.6052)

in WvW

Posted by: TyrDaishi.1057

TyrDaishi.1057

Well Badges Hm?

Correct me when I’m wrong but my experience with badges:

- You get more if you are the first or last to hit an enemy
- You get more if you you make sufficient damage
- You get more if you are in a group (Literally the 5 player group)
- You may get even more if you joined a commandersquad (not 100 % sure about that)
- It’s still pretty random
- Least Badges I made in 5 hours: ~10 with 5 hours playtime and 150 Kills +
- Most Badges I made: ~180 in 2 Hours with 300 kills +
- It’s easier to get badges by doing the JP’s then killing stuff

All in all: I don’t give a crap about badges, I just enjoy fighting other gamers. So: The less you care, the more badges you will get ;P (just kidding)

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

The drop rate shouldn’t be based on your build or class, it should be random with each kill.

It is random with each kill, that’s part of where your problem is, if it has a random chance then the more enemies you kill the bigger the chance so AoE will obviously have an advantage.
But I don’t feel it’s only glass canon that can get a decent amount of badges, I feel I get a decent amount as well on my weird (but effective) mixed spec engi (elixir/condition/crit build with a lot of toughness and vitality so relatively low dps on a class with already low base dps, running with rifle and switching 1 elixir for grenade kit and elite to mortar when fighting a zerg / defending).