Badges of Honor

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

How am I supposed to get a good amount of these? I keep hearing of people who already have several stacks of them, but I got over 200 kills and just about 15 badges and yes I loot every corpse I can unless I am dead.
I tried the jumping puzzles but they are usually camped by opponents even in our own Borderlands and I achieve nothing but senseless repair costs. As a guardian I cannot do much against the ranged professions there since they got obvious advantages.

I tried searching and fighting enemies solo / in small groups but the droprate seems to be just as low.

Do I really have to camp somewhere with siege weapons or roll a proffesion with long range attacks to effectively collect such badges?

Oh and wvw waiting times seem to devour most of my playing time since you cannot even go afk a few hours while waiting. On my server waiting times can be way over 3hours. Transfering is out of question because of my guild.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

So noone can give me any tips?

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: soonkyu.1275

soonkyu.1275

Badge of Honor drops are random. They can be rewarded while fighting other players and from Claiming NPCs that you defeat to take over supply camps, towers, keeps, and SM.

You may completely 1 v 1 a person, get the finisher off, and be rewarded no badges. You may hit a player once, have them go down, and get finished off by another player and receive 2 badges.

The only way to get the badges, really, is to just play. Try to be an objective player. Find a group that’s moving to defend or take over objectives and contribute. Conflict will always be found in those circumstances. Where there’s conflict, there’s a chance for badges.

Vantage [VAN] – http://www.vantageguild.net
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.
Sunny Lee – Henge of Denravi -Level 80 Human Elementalist

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: Telemachos.2370

Telemachos.2370

You can also earn badges of honor doing the jumping puzzles in WvW as well as some NPC’s (which I don’t recommend proactively farming NPC’s in WvW).

Engineer – PRX – Hedge of Denravi

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: Fugly.5287

Fugly.5287

I almost always get 1 or 2 badges when landing a finisher. I have about 300 badges and have used plenty. Pretty easy to farm when if you use support and survival traits and utilities to lead the mob. Just press F a lot.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

I know of the puzzles, but as I said always when I get there they are being camped by other factions (even on our own borderlands)
At this rate I will need to kill at least another 6500 people before I have 500 badges.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

When you get more badges doing this jump puzzles insteand of killing people, theres something wrong.

I dont like to do the jump puzzles at all, but iam practicaly forced to do it with all my chars for the sake of get more badges than i do by killing people.

I took an arrow to the knee

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: Milktank.8954

Milktank.8954

i do the jumping puzzle but aside from that i honestly find that if you want to grind badges, don’t focus on finishing people but focus on getting in at least a hit or two on as many people as possible. i have 3k total kills in wvw and i’ve gained 396 badges for a chestpiece, 230 some for gloves, 264 for a dagger and i have around 300 more. it’s better to just focus on getting in hits on as many ppl as possible.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

They need to fix this to autoloot.

What I do is anytime I kill someone or I see that exp pop up, I mash the F key.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: mortisha.6341

mortisha.6341

My next character’s name will be ’ ISpamF’ . Auto-loot, com’on.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: jonesbones.9632

jonesbones.9632

I have 2.5k kills and about 700 badges. You don’t get a badge for every kill, and shouldn’t.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: Squishei.5810

Squishei.5810

I know I’ve just gotten in the habit of seeing the F key and pressing it because of this. It’s functional but could be better.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

When you get more badges doing this jump puzzles insteand of killing people, theres something wrong.

I dont like to do the jump puzzles at all, but iam practicaly forced to do it with all my chars for the sake of get more badges than i do by killing people.

What would you suggest for getting in as many hits as possible for a guardian? Its kind of hard with most of the multi target skills being short range.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: triscuit.1238

triscuit.1238

The stats on them aren’t that great, at least for my build. I’m about 10 or so badges away from getting a dagger, and it’s probably going to be the only bit of + vitality I have or want.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: Suddle D.9412

Suddle D.9412

15 badges in 200 kills seems to be on par. Adding that you probably missed some looting it seems to be about what I get in a day if I end with 200 kills or so.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

There is also speculation badge drops were nerfed last week, but I haven’t seen official verification of this.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

so if 15 for 200 is on par the jumping puzzles are probably the quickes way to get badges if you happen to get a chance to do them. Wish people wouldnt camp them.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: ShadoX.6072

ShadoX.6072

Simple answer to this is….do the jumping puzzles in borderlands and eternal battlegrounds…they have 8 and i think 12 honor badges everytime you run it.

problem solved.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

not problem solved, the puzzles are always when I get there camped by opponents. As a guardian its very difficult to fight against ranged professions at a jumping puzzle.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

How to farm badges:

-Buy a arrow cart, build it 2 min bevor the enemy zerg reaches your tower.

-Spam darts

-Collect.

Badges of Honor

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

lol arrow carts get destroyed after 2 shots by retiliation skills if the incoming zerg has that. completly pointless to buy