Badges of honour drop nerf?

in WvW

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Im getting them like 1 drop in every 10 kills if im lucky. Sometime less.

Have they nerfed the drop rate, we dont get them for taking towers or keeps, we hardly get them for kills.

Only place we can get them 100% of the time is in jumping puzzle chests which breeds pve in WvW pvp…

in WvW

Posted by: krakenstar.1674

krakenstar.1674

this has been nerfed for sure… my experiences are the same. drops has trickled to near nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Hissatsu.3174

Hissatsu.3174

Good i almost bought all i want for badges. Feel sorry for those who didnt though, if they indeed nerfed it. Stupid really – you can only get vit/tough gear through pvp (except specific items available for karma from orr, but not all slots), and it was already slow to get, now even worser… Stupid change, really. If anything, they should have BUFFED drop rates of badges, because 1badge=1silver already was nonsense (1 badge was worth much more than 1 silver) and now even worser.

However, one thing is certain – in previous badge droprate, 500 for the gift was pretty cheap.

in WvW

TRON.1085

With the drop rate it is now, every 500 kills your lucky to get 50-100 badges….

I really hope they gives us more ways to get badges. Like for taking keeps and towers…..

in WvW

Posted by: Hissatsu.3174

Hissatsu.3174

TRON this has to be a joke. 100 badges per 500 kills is ridiculous grind, getting one item would be worth 2000 player kills, its nonsence….

in WvW

Posted by: triscuit.1238

triscuit.1238

They probably think people not queuing for WvW got all of the badges they need. When it’s really just because of poor/drawn-out/lopsided matches.

>Vuh-ho better nerf something

in WvW

Posted by: Smallpoxx.6935

Smallpoxx.6935

Maybe you all are just unlucky? i have no problem getting 80-100 a day i spend them all on siege.

in WvW

TRON.1085

I have almost 600 kills in WvW, only 200+ badges and 50-100 of those is from doing jumping puzzles daily….

So either im very unlucky or they nerfed badges of honour drop rate. I hope they bring back getting them from keeps and towers.

To get a full set of armor with badges or some weapons or to get 500 will take months at this rate.

(edited by TRON.1085)

in WvW

TRON.1085

Just got another 40 kills….not one single badge of honour….

Can one of the dev’s respond to this plz? Has there been a nerf?

in WvW

Posted by: Rishara.1684

Rishara.1684

I think that drops in general in WvW were nerfed. I seem to only get consistent loot bags for killing non players in the map, ironically enough. I am not getting many bags from killing players lately (but I know I get the kill because I get the fairly worthless xp).

in WvW

Posted by: Flying Dutchman.3214

Flying Dutchman.3214

I’m at just under 2300 WvW Kills and as of last night I have 363 Badges. Saving for my PVP 80 Chest which is 398 badges.

It’s been a pretty fun gathering them honestly. I’m looking forward to getting the 1100 more i need for the full set.

PvP Officer of You Are A Pirate [YAAR] (Yak’s Bend)
“Let our swords stay sharp until the Jolly Roger flies over all our enemies keeps!”

in WvW

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

I have 1000+ unused badges? All siege plans purchased and purchased only 1 WvW item

I am in full berserker gear aimed for aoe and lots of dps, maybe contribution for a kill is a factor in getting badges? I don’t even stomp people, I just dps when they are down.

Tried couple hours ago and still getting lots of badges, maybe I’m just really lucky or I tag a lot of people

EDIT: I just realized I have almost 10k kills in WvW, so I guess it’s about 1 badge per 10 kills or so? (I don’t do puzzles or other crap)

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I used to get much more badges before, they probably nerfed it. I have now about 900-1000 kills and only 200-250 badges. Never did these jumping puzzles chests… doesnt even know where they are.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

I always had a theory that it was based on how many kills your victim had. Sometimes I get none, sometimes I get 1, and sometimes I get 2. When our server is rolling the other servers, I get very few but, when the other teams are doing well (getting kills), I often get 2 per kill.

So what I’ve come to believe is that if my victim has had one kill since his last death, I get a badge. More than one kill nets me 2 when I kill him.

I back this up with nothing but a theory based on pure circumstantial evidence. I have no logic behind this aside from the idea that that’s probably how I would have done it.

So my question to you guys is this: are you on servers that are dominating your opponents?

Because I haven’t noticed a significant difference in the number of badges I’ve been getting….

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

I think question to ask is, how is loot bag and loot bag containing badge of honor drop chance calculated

in WvW

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

Na, I get them all the time… I’m up to 1k badges now.

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

I’m at 5k+ kills, and I’ve gotten about 1200 badges.

I have probably left a few hundred on the ground.

Looks to be about 1 in 5, I’ll keep an eye on it.

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

I have full invader’s body armor minus gloves. Also have the amulet and the shield plus 76 badges in inventory. I don’t feel like counting how many that is so you can do the math. 10270 total kills plus 450 objectives captured(main capture npc can drop badges).

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: Jakula.1072

Jakula.1072

Wow 10,270 kills thats massive. I thought I was doing well @ 600ish and I have just over 100 badges.

Jakula – 80 Ranger [Phaxx]
Isles of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Kreedz.8127

Kreedz.8127

The problem is that Badges are looted and not an Awarded Currency.

‘F’ Spam during Battles.

Fun, right?

in WvW

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

Do you guys know how much fun it is to do repair and siege building duty and siege offence defence? I get SOO many badges repairing walls and stuff its so awesome. I am so glad anet make sure everyone got rewarded for doing more than mindlessly zerging around the map, staying behind, spending their OWN MONEY to upgrade (instead of a constrained fund from capturing special gold nodes of some sort) and fortify! GOLLY GOSH GEE GOOD PLAN GUYS GOOD PLAN! Dont even get me started on what a wicket cool and super fresh idea it was to have the commanders book cost gold instead of badges! YAY! Now we can have gold farmers command us! TO THE CAVES MEN! I FOUND A RICH MITHRIL VEIN! — SO. EPIC.

in WvW

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

‘F’ Spam during Battles.

Fun, right?

The problem is badges in the first place. They should not be items. They should work like Karma and be rewarded along with the karma, silver and experience when you complete objectives. It is just too cool for school to be running around trying to loot crap when this is about PvP, not PvkittenbagsShutupNPCImtryingToLootThisBagOhkittenThisDamnSiegeWeaponIsTooCloseNowIHaveTo ManuallyClickTheDamnBagOHkittenNowImdeadbecuseiwastryingtolootandforgottodefend

in WvW

Posted by: Slic.2406

Slic.2406

‘F’ Spam during Battles.

Fun, right?

The problem is badges in the first place. They should not be items. They should work like Karma and be rewarded along with the karma, silver and experience when you complete objectives. It is just too cool for school to be running around trying to loot crap when this is about PvP, not PvkittenbagsShutupNPCImtryingToLootThisBagOhkittenThisDamnSiegeWeaponIsTooCloseNowIHaveTo ManuallyClickTheDamnBagOHkittenNowImdeadbecuseiwastryingtolootandforgottodefend

Oh, come on. It makes PERFECT sense:
‘Hey, I know we didn’t start out on good terms and all, but may I please call time-out and loot your friends’ ravaged corpses for a sec? Thanks so much!’

in WvW

Posted by: jazzbrownie.6049

jazzbrownie.6049

I know we’re all just giving anecdotal evidence here, but I’ve seen a notable difference in badge drop rates since release. It’s definitely lower than it used to be.

in WvW

Posted by: BAZiiNGA.7089

BAZiiNGA.7089

That’s why im running the jumping puzzles to grab the gift.

I’ve gotten so good at the sanctums (not EB one) that I finish in around 3 min.
protip: get the one that you have to cross vines to get to first. from there you can drop down and just continue along and get the next one within 30 seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: squiggit.2357

squiggit.2357

I’ve gotten one Badge of Honor today. Just one. About 3-4 hours of WvW.

in WvW

TRON.1085

Iv got another 100+ kills today, been playing WvW for 12+ hrs and have got almost no badges…

in WvW

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

I kill like hell on wvwvw and mostly not get badges not that much as i kill.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

in WvW

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

3000 kills, and around 650 badges. So 1 in 5 is about right, although I’ve had plenty from Supply Camp Supervisors, so maybe it’s less than that. Also, it might be wise to note your class and what role you are playing. I’d assume Zerging Elementalists would get the most as they use their AOE to do enough damage to enough players to get loot from all the kills. I mostly single-target as a Thief, so my rate is probably a little less.

in WvW

Posted by: Firebrand.4796

Firebrand.4796

I’m sitting around 1 out of 10. Hardly any today though.

in WvW

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

yeah I got 360 or so for the first 1K. Then I got less than 100 in the next 500, and since Thursday I have gotten FIVE, Five frigging badges, maybe 175 kills or so, and I didnt miss any bag either.

in WvW

Posted by: Melles.7352

Melles.7352

I think question to ask is, how is loot bag and loot bag containing badge of honor drop chance calculated

Knowing this would be verry intressting.

Is it enough to do x% dmg to someone to get a badge?
Do you need to do dmg before the player goes down to get a badge?
Can enemy players drop badges before they have killed anyone? – I guess they can how else would badges start to drop.
If you have done dmg to someone how close do you need to be when he dies for you to get a badge?
If you have done dmg to someone is there a time the enemy need to die within for you to be able to get a badge?

in WvW

Posted by: Tondrin.7806

Tondrin.7806

Has anyone considered that the anti-farm code might be in effect for player kills?

in WvW

TRON.1085

I really hope they re consider this. To get WvW armor now with this drop rate would take months…of playing 12 hours a day….

in WvW

Posted by: shadows wolf.6928

shadows wolf.6928

i think its bad luck, i get maby 1 or 2 bags per 100 kills

in WvW

Posted by: Melles.7352

Melles.7352

Has anyone considered that the anti-farm code might be in effect for player kills?

Yea, sometimes if there is a zerg vs zerg fight that keeps on going my drop rate on badges goes down a lot after a while.

in WvW

Posted by: Revenant.2691

Revenant.2691

Got 250 from my first 1k kills last week, probably had 50 or so left to rot as well. Today? 250 kills, 12 badges.

in WvW

Posted by: lepri.6504

lepri.6504

I am afraid the drop rate is can be proportional to the damage you make. I am getting far less loot bags (which means less badges) compared to other people in our group while I was doing engineer aoe damage. I get lots of kills but less badges than normal

Blacktide>>Yafes>>Asura Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

From what I have seen to get a bag and hence a chance to get badges you need to either get the Killing Blow or be one to F-stomp someone.

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Well , i got 210 badges for 800 kills so something like 1 badge for 3.8 kills…meh also got some from guard kills so its actually 1 badge for 4 kills for me…

in WvW

Posted by: freespirit.4291

freespirit.4291

Moddo.7105:

From what I have seen to get a bag and hence a chance to get badges you need to either get the Killing Blow or be one to F-stomp someone.

That’s my observation too. I usually get experience when I make (enough?) damage but I only got badges form the ones I finished with the finishing move or the last damage done while downed was from me.

in WvW

Posted by: lefteye.7890

lefteye.7890

I have about 1100 kills (one thousand and one hundred) and only 178 honour badges. No, I never ever miss a bag, I am actually quite rabid about it and I am pretty sure that I probably got myself killed multiple times in order to get a loot bag, which makes me a terrible player I know. Still, 1100 kills and 170 honour badges. It’s about 1 badge every 6 kills. In order to get a weapon with pvp badges I need something like 1500 kills. That is a bit too much, and not because “it’s a grind” (I go to WvW for the sake of WvW, not to get gear) but because it’s way slower than any other mean to get to the exotic weapons.

It’s faster to get to exotic by money, crafting and dungeons. WvW is by far the slowest way and while it’s not a problem at all, I am not sure I like that.

Lefteye Falconeer of Desolation
[Ajeje Clan]

in WvW

Posted by: Pawlegance.7012

Pawlegance.7012

I got ~1.7k kills and about 300 badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

I’ve gotten about 1 badge per 5 kills both in last week’s matchup (1-sided for my world) and this week’s (my world getting stomped so far) so I don’t think the drops are affected by how many kills your enemies are accumulating.

As for getting kill credit/loot – I noticed I will usually get xp if I get 1 touch in on a downed foe, but need several at least or to down them in the first place to get loot credit.

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

in WvW

Posted by: Chuckles.3754

Chuckles.3754

The numbers are definitely lower. I’ve been mostly focused on the PvE side, but when I played WvW for just a short time at launch (under 30 minutes) I picked up around 15 badges and that was being a total noob regarding looting and killing.

The other day I spent a few hours in WvW, mostly on siege weapons. Got one badge out of a CRAPLOAD of bags.

in WvW

Posted by: dre.8973

dre.8973

i agree 100% badges are starting tokitten me off a bit, 30 kills in a row 0 badge, most of them i solod while going around ganking.

over 1k kills and im sitting at ~ 300 badges ( with doing puzzles i can that aren’t camped every day )

this needs to be a currency you earn from direct kills or capping not some random looting crap.

i like the fact that loot bags appear on your toon but that should be a PVE mechanic not a pvp mechanic, your loot should be attributed directly.

i love killing tons of players during a battle and then having to waste my time going from spot to spot to loot while im being assaulted with aoe’s and arrow carts.

It’s smart to give me 3 loot bags but have me die right nexto them then when i return to loot them they despawned…

it’s annoying but guess what..

THEY DONT READ THESE THREADS AND THEY DON’T CARE.

THEY DON’T GIVE AkittenABOUT THEIR PLAYERS – how they handle their mistakes and never compensate player losses for their own bugs and glitches reflects how bad the customer relation is for this company, GREAT GAME, HORRIBLE employees.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.3926

Nick.3926

I am afraid the drop rate is can be proportional to the damage you make. I am getting far less loot bags (which means less badges) compared to other people in our group while I was doing engineer aoe damage. I get lots of kills but less badges than normal

I got in a couple 1v1 and 1v2 fights yesterday and didn’t get a single badge from any of them.
I got badges from people who I only attacked after they were already down, and only got like 2 attacks on, so I am not sure how it’s determined when you get a badge.

I’m currently at 1 badge for every 6.3 kills.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Looks nerfed to me. Why everything is getting nerfed in this game?
Considering how many badges the exotic items cost or even just the gift of battle it doesnt feel right. I need over 1500 badges for the stuff I want and I am sitting at about 100 lol

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

TRON.1085

Can a dev reply and let us know if this is getting looked at plz? It was never mentioned in patch notes and its definetly been nerfed.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’ve been playing about 3 hours tonight, got about 20 kills and haven’t gotten a single badge. On the other hand, the kittening dingbats who were using up keep supply on siege stuff in all the wrong places are out of business.

Seeing how Anet has handled a lot of things lately it would not surprise me if the badge nerf was deliberate, to deal with those dingbats.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.